Islamic Forum

22. Hadhrat Jaabir (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Salaat is the key to Jannat." (Darami).

PropellerAds

23. Hadhrat Abdulah Ibn Qart (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The first act about which one will be questioned on the Day of Qiyammah will be Salaat. If Salaat is found to be proper, other acts will pass as proper. But, if Salaat is found there to be despoiled, then all other acts too will fail." (Tibrani, Ausat).

24. Hadhrat Hanzalah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that he heard Muhammad say: "Whoever guards the five Salaat while believing that the Salaat is the Right of Allah, will enter Jannat." (Ahmad).

25. Hadhrat Bareedah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The subject of pledge which exists between the people and us (the Ambiyaa) is Salaat. Thus, whoever neglects Salaat has become a kaafir (i.e. in terms of practical life, not in terms of Imaan)." (Ahmad, Tirmidhi, Nisai, Ibn Majah).

26. A time will come to mankind when man will not care whether what he gets comes from a lawful or an unlawful source. (Bukhari).

27. Hadhrat Abu Hurairah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Will there remain any impurity on a person who baths five times a day in a river flowing in front of his house?" The people said: "No impurity will remain on him." Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "This is the effect of the five Salaat. By means of it, Allah Ta'ala purifies the performer of all sins." (Bukhari, Muslim).

28. Hadhrat Abdur Rahmaan Bin Amr Bin Al-A's (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Salaat on the Day of Qiyaamah, will be a light, a proof and a means of salvation for the one who guarded it. He who neglects Salaat, will have no light, no proof and no salvation (from the direction of Salaat) He (the one who neglects Salaat) will be in the company of Qaroon, Fir'oun, Haamaan and Ubay Ibn Khalf on the Day of Qiyaamah." (Ahmad, Darami, Baihaqi, Shu'bul Imaan).

Abu Saeed Al Khudri reported that the messenger of Allah (saw) was asked:

"O messenger of Allah, shall we see our Lord in the hereafter?"

The prophet (saw) replied:

"Are you doubtful of seeing the sun and the moon when the sky is clear?"

we replied:

"Of course, not."

The prophet (saw) then said:

"Seeing your Lord will then be as clear as seeing the sun and moon now"

(Bukhari and Muslim)

'Abdullah b. 'Umar reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Three persons set out on a journey. They were overtaken by rain and they had to find protection in a mountain cave where at its mouth there fell a rock of that mountain and thus blocked them altogether. One of them said to the others: Look to your good deeds that you performed for the sake of Allah and then supplicate Allah, the Exalted, that He might rescue you (from this trouble). One of them said: 0 Allah, I had my parents who were old and my wife and my small children also. I tended the flock and when I came back to them in the evening, I milked them (the sheep, goats, cows, etc.) and first served that milk to my parents. One day I was obliged to go out to a distant place in search of fodder and I could not come back before evening and found them (the parents) asleep. I milked the animals as I used to milk and brought milk to them and stood by their heads avoiding to disturb them from sleep and I did not deem it advisable to serve milk to my children before serving them. My children wept near my feet. I remained there in that very state and my parents too until it was morning. And (0 Allah) if Thou art aware that I did this in order to seek Thine pleasure, grant us riddance from this trouble. (The rock slipped a bit) that they could see the sky. The second one said: 0 Allah, I had a female cousin whom I loved more than the men love the women. I wanted to have sexual intercourse with her; she refused but on the condition of getting one hundred dinirs. It was with very great difficulty that I could collect one hundred dinirs and then paid them to her and when I was going to have a sexual intercourse with her, that she said: Servant of Allah, fear Allah and do not break the seal (of chastity) but by lawful means. I got up. 0 Allah, if Thou art aware that I did this in order to seek Thine pleasure, rid us from this trouble. The situation was somewhat eased for them. The third one said: Allah, I employed a workman for a measure of rice. After he had finished his work I gave him his dues (in the form of) a measure of rice, but he did not accept them. I used these rice as seeds, and that gave a bumper crop and I became rich enough to have cows and flocks (in my possession). He came to me and said: Fear Allah, and commit no crueltv upon me in regard to my dues. I said to him: Takeaway this flock of cows and sheep. He said: Fear Allah and do not make a fun of me. I said: I am not making a fun of you. You take the cows and the flocks. So he took them. 0 Allah, if Thou art aware that I did it for Thine pleasure, case the situation for us. And Allah relieved them from the rest of the trouble.

(Reference: "http://usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/muslim/036.smt.html)"]usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/h...m/036.smt.html)[/url]

Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said:

"I asked the prophet Peace be upon him which action Allah, the almighty and exalted, loves best? He said, "Prayer at its proper time. I asked "After that?" He said "Then kindness to your parents" I asked and after that? He said "Jihad in the way of Allah".

(Al Bukhari)

Abu Hurairah (ra) reported that he heard the prophet Peace be upon him asking:

"Let someone imagine he had a river flowing in front of his house where he washes himself five times a day, would this leave any dirt on him?"

He companions replied:

"Nothing of his dirt will remain"

The prophet Peace be upon him then said:

"This is exactly like the five daily prayers by which Allah wipes out one's sins"

(Bukhari)

as salaamu alaikum,

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever says,

'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi,'

one hundred times a day, will be forgiven all his sins even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.

(Sahih Bukhari: Vol 8, Bk 75, Num 414)

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "There are two expressions which are very easy for the tongue to say, but they are very heavy in the balance and are very dear to The Beneficent (Allah), and they are,

'Subhan Allah Al-'Azim and 'Subhan Allah wa bihamdihi.'"

(Sahih Bukhari: 8/75/415)

Anas (ra) narrated, the messenger of Allah Peace be upon him said:

"None of you will have faith till he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

(Al Bukhari)

'The Most Merciful shows kindness to those who show mercy; so show mercy to whoever is on the earth, then he [Allah] who is in heaven will show mercy unto you.'

[Aboo Dawood, Tirmizi]

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) Narrated that the Prophet Sallallaahu ‘alaihi wasallam said: “The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger.�

(Sahih Al-Bukhari)

Guest amani

:D :D

Narrated Abû Huraira ÑÖí Çááå Úäå: Allâh’s Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã said,

"Allâh has some angels who look for those who remember (glorify the Praises of) Allâh on the roads and paths. And when they find some people remembering (glorifying the Praises of) Allâh, they call each others, saying, ‘Come to the object of your pursuit’." He added, "Then the angels encircle them with their wings up to the nearest Heaven to us." He added, "[After those people remembered (glorified the Praises of) Allâh, and the angels go back to Allâh, their Lord ÚÒ æÌáasks them (those angels) - though He knows better than them - ‘What do My slaves say?’ The angels reply, ‘They say: Subhân Allâh, Allâh Akbar, and Alham-du-lillâh’ Allâh then says, ‘Did they see Me?’ The angels reply, ‘No! By Allâh, they didn’t see You.’ Allâh says, ‘How it would have been if they saw Me?’ The angels reply, ‘If they saw You, they would worship You more devoutly and remember You (glorify Your Praises) more deeply, and declare Your freedom from any resemblance to any thing more often,’ Allâh says (to the angels), ‘What do they ask Me for?’ The angels reply, ‘They ask You for Paradise.’ Allâh says (to the angels), ‘Did they see it?’ The angels say, ‘No! By Allâh, O Lord They didn’t see it.’ Allâh says: ‘How it would have been if they saw it?’ The angels say, ‘If they saw it, they would have greater covetousness for it and would seek it for greater zeal and would have greater desire for it.’ Allâh says, ‘From what do they seek refuge?’ The angels reply, ‘They seek refuge from the (Hell) Fire.’ Allâh says, ‘Did they see it?’ The angels say, ‘No! By Allâh, O Lord! They didn’t see it.’ Allâh says, ‘How it would have been if they saw it?’ The angels say, ‘If they saw it, they would flee from it with the extreme fleeing and would have extreme fear from it.’ Then Allâh says, ‘I make you witness that I have forgiven them’." Allâh’s Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã added, "One of the angels would say, ‘There was so-and-so amongst them, and he was not one of them, but he had just come for some need.’ Allâh would say, ‘These are those people whose companions will not be reduced to misery’."

(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol.8, Hadîth No.417).

:D

Relief:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The most excellent worship is expectation of relief." Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 702

Charity:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "(It is better that) a man give a (small amount of charity) during his life than give (a large amount) at the moment of his death." Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1245

The Best Among You:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Shall I tell you who are the best among you?...The best of you are those who when seen are a means of Allah Being brought to mind." AL-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1302 Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1245

Islamic Traits:

From Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 74, Number 253k:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr (radiallaho unho):

A man asked the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasallam), "What Islamic traits

are the best?" The Prophet said, "Feed the people, and greet those whom you

know and those whom you do not know."

Hated Person

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 43, Number 637:

Narrated 'Aisha (radiallaha anha):

The Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasallam) said, "The most hated person in the

sight of Allah is the most quarrelsome person."

The Worst Lie

Sahih Al-Bukhari- 9:167-O.B] Hadith #255

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (Radiallaho unho):

Allah's Messanger (Sallalaho alaihi wasallam) said, "The worst lie is that a

person claims to have seen a dream which he has not seen."

Time of Distress

From Sahih Bukhari, Chapter 8, No. 357

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas (Radiallaho unho):

The Prophet (Sallalaho alaihi wasallam) used to invoke Allah (subhana wata'Allah) at the time of distress, saying, "La ilaha illallahu al-'Azim al-Halim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbul-'arsh il-'Azim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbus-samawati wa Rabbul-ardi wa Rabbul-'arshil Karim". [1]

Translation:

[1] None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Majestic, the Most Forbearing. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the heaven and the Lord of the earth and the Lord of the Honourable Throne.

Putting on Shoes

Sahih Al-Bukhari- Volume 7 Book 77

Narrated Abu Huraira (Radiallaho unho):

Allah's Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasallam) said, "If you want to put on

your shoes, put on the right shoe first; and if you want to take them off,

take off the left one first. Let the right shoe be the first to be put on

and the last to be taken off."

Suspicion

Sahih Muslim Volume 8, Number 90:

Narrated by Abu Huraira (Radiallaho anho):The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "Beware of suspicion, for suspicion is the worst of false tales; and do not look for others faults and do not spy, and do not be jealous of one another, and do not desert (cut your relation with) one another, and do not hate one another; and O Allah's worshipers! Be brothers (as Allah has ordered you!")

Abu Huraira (radi Allahu anhu) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be

upon him) as saying: Don't nurse grudge and don't bid him out for raising the price and don't nurse aversion or enmity and don't enter into a transaction when the others have entered into that transaction and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah. A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. The piety is here, (and while saying so) he pointed towards his chest thrice. It is a serious evil for a Muslim that he should look down upon his brother Muslim.All things of a Muslim are inviolable for his brother in faith: his blood, his wealth and his honour.

Sahih Muslim, Book 032, Number 6219

Abu Huraira reported it as a marfu' hadith (and the words are): The

deeds are presented on every Thursday and Friday and Allah, the Exalted

and Glorious. grants pardon to every person who does not associate

anything with Allah except the person in whose (heart) there is rancour

against his brother. It would be said: Put both of them off until they are

reconciled.

Sahih Muslim, Book 032, Number 6223

Abu Huraira (radiallahu anhu) reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be

upon him) as saying: A person visited his brother in another town and

Allah deputed an Angel to wait for him on his way and when he came to him

he said: Where do you intend to go? He said: I intend to go to my

brother in this town. He said: Have you done any favour to him (the

repayment of which you intend to get)? He said: No, excepting this that I love

him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted and Glorious. Thereupon he said:

I am a messenger to you from, Allah: (to inform you) that Allah loves

you as you love him (for His sake)

Sahih Muslim, Book 032, Number 6226

Moderation

(Masha' Allah the following hadith keeps me motivated whenever I find it hard to follow the deen or when someone tries to discourage me with their assumptions and labels they gave me.This also shows that we shouldn't make ignorant comments like, "It's easier for women to follow the deen", or vice versa.)

From Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 2, Number 38:

Narrated Abu Huraira (radiallaho unho):The Prophet (sallallaho alaihi wasallam) said, "Religion is very easy andwhoever overburdens himself in his religion will not be able to continue inthat way. So you should not be extremists, but try to be near to perfectionand receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded; and gain strength by worshipping in the mornings, the nights."

Beware of minor sins

“Beware of minor sins, like a people who camped in the bottom of a valley, and one man brought a stick, another man brought a stick, and so on, until they managed to bake their bread. There are some insignificant sins which, once (they accumulate) and a person is questioned about them, they lead to his doom.�

Narrated by Ahmad, 2/223, from the hadeeth of Sahl ibn Sa’d (may Allaah have mercy on him). Al-Haafiz said: Its isnaad is hasan.

Ahmad (3803) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of minor sins, for they accumulate until they doom a man,� and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) gave a likeness of that: “Like people who camped in the wilderness, and one man brought a stick, another man brought a stick, and so on, until they accumulated a lot, then they lit a fire and cooked their food.� Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2687.

Ibn Maajah (4243) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to me: “O ‘Aa’ishah, beware of deeds that are regarded as insignificant, for they have a pursuer from Allaah.� Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah.

A Cheerful Face

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Do not abuse anyone...Do not look down upon any good work, and when you speak to your brother, show him a cheerful face." Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 1889

Opression:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) once prayed for Allah to pardon his people, and received the reply: "I have forgiven them all but acts of oppression, for I shall exact recompense for he who is wronged, from his oppressor." Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 818

A Conversation without the mention of Allah:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "(Too) much talk without mention of Allah produces hardness of heart, and the person farthest from Allah is someone who has a hard heart."Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 720

Calamity

It was reported that when there was an earthquake, `Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez (may Allah have mercy on him) would write to his governors telling them to give in charity. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever meets the needs of his brother, Allah will meet his needs.� (Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Desire for Wealth and Status:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:"Two hungry wolves, if let loose among a flock of sheep, will not do more damage (to a person's faith) than that which is caused by an insatiable desire for wealth and status." Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 180

Alleviating Others' Suffering:

From Saheeh Muslim

Book 035, Number 6518:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: He who alleviates the suffering of a brother out of the sufferings of the world, Allah would alleviate his suffering from the sufferings of the Day of Resurrection, and he who finds relief for one who is hard pressed, Allah would make things easy for him in the Hereafter, and he who conceals (the faults) of a Muslim, Allah would conceal his faults in the world and in the Hereafter. Allah supports His slave as long as the slave is supportive of his brother; and he who treads the path in search of knowledge, Allah would make that path easy, leading to Paradise for him. Those people who assemble in the house among the houses of Allah (Masjids) and reciting the Book of Allah, learning it and teaching, there descends upon them the tranquillity, and mercy covers them and the angels would surround them and Allah mentions them in the presence of those near Him, and he who is slow-paced in doing good deeds, his noble lineage does not make him go ahead.

Adding water to food:

Book 032, Number 6357:

Abu Dharr reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Abu Dharr, when you prepare the broth, add water to that and give that (as a present) to your neighbour.

Book 032, Number 6358:

Abu Dharr reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) commanded me thus: Whenever you prepare a broth, add water to it, and have in your mind the members of the household of your neighbours and then give them out of this with courtesy.

Buying/selling IN the masjid is haram:

AbuHurairah also relates that the Prophet said: "If you

see someone buying or selling in the Masjid, say to

him: 'May Allah not give you any profit in your trading."'

[This is related by an-Nasa'i and at-Tirmidhi. The latter

calls it hasan.]

'Abdullah ibn 'Umar reports that the Peophet forbade

buying and selling in the Masjid, reciting poetry in it,

or announcing lost items, and he especially prohibited

making a circle [i.e., a meeting in a circle] before the

Friday prayer. [This is related by the five, and at-

Tirmidhi calls it sahih.]

Striking or Branding the face is haram:

Jaabir said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade striking or branding the face." (Reported by Muslim, 3/1673).

Playing with dice is not permissable:

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) warned that these dice open the door to gambling: "Whoever plays with dice, it is as if he dipped his finger in the flesh and blood of swine." (Reported by Muslim, 4/1770). Abu Moosa (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever plays with dice has disobeyed Allaah and His Messenger." (Reported by Imaam Ahmad, 4/394; see also Saheeh al-Jaami', 6505).

Humility in Adaab:

Narrated Anas ibn Malik - When (the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him)shook hands with a man he did not withdraw his hand until the other did so, he did not turn his face away until the other did so, and he was not seen to put forward his knees in front of one with whom he was sitting.

Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1532

How to let worldly advantages not matter to you:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "If you have (these) four characteristics, whatever worldly advantage passes you by does not matter to you: keeping a trust, speaking the truth, a good character, and moderation in (eating)."

Taking Anothers Seat

From Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 74, Number 286:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (radiallaho unho): The Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasallam) said, "A man should not make another man get up from his (the latter's) seat (in a gathering) in order to sit there.

Charity

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 24, Number 508:

Narrated Hakim bin Hizam (radiallaho unho) The Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasallam) said, "The upper hand is better than the lower hand (i.e. he who gives in charity is better than him who takes it). One should start giving first to his dependents. And the best object of charity is that which is given by a wealthy person (from the money which is left after his expenses). And whoever abstains from asking others for some financial help, Allah will give him and save him from asking others, Allah will make him self-sufficient."

Adhan

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 11, Number 578:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar (radiallaho unho):

When the Muslims arrived at Medina, they used to assemble for the prayer, and used to guess the time for it. During those days, the practice of Adhan for the prayers had not been introduced yet. Once they discussed this problem regarding the call for prayer. Some people suggested the use of a bell like the Christians, others proposed a trumpet like the horn used by the Jews, but 'Umar (radiallaho unho) was the first to suggest that a man should call (the people) for the prayer; so Allah's Apostle (salallaho alaihi wasallam) ordered Bilal (radiallaho unho) to get up and pronounce the Adhan for prayers.

Calling to Good or Evil

Sahih Muslim, Book 034, Number 6470:

Abu Huraira (radiallaho unho) reported Allah's Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasallam) as saying: He who called (people) to righteousness, there would be reward (assured) for him like the rewards of those who adhered to it, without their rewards being diminished in any respect. And he who called (people) to error, he shall have to carry (the burden) of its sin, like those who committed it, without their sins being diminished in any respect.

Heart of Man

Sahih Muslim, Book 033, Number 6418:

Abdullah b. Amr b. al-'As (radiallaho unho) reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasallam) as saying: Verily, the hearts of all the sons of Adam are between the two fingers out of the fingers of the Compassionate Lord as one heart. He turns that to any (direction) He likes. Then Allahs Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasallam) said: 0 Allah, the Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Thine obedience.

Asalaamulaiykum,

Allah'S MERCY

It was reported from Aboo Umaamah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The angel on the left does not write down anything until six hours have passed after a Muslim does a bad deed. If he regrets it and asks Allaah for forgiveness, he casts it aside [does not write it down], otherwise he writes down one (sayi’ah/bad deed)."

[Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Mu’jam al-Kabeer, 8/158.

The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2/212]

Asalamu Alikum,

My favorit hadith is this:

[[[[From Bukhari]] 1.1: Narrated `Umar bin Al-Khattab: I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Deeds (their correctness and rewards) depend upon intentions, and every person gets but what he has intended. So whoever emigrated for worldly benefits, or for a woman to marry, his emigration is for what he emigrated for

Narrated Abdullah

Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(as regards your creation), every one of you is collected in the womb of his mother forthe first forty days, and then he becomes a clot for an other forty days, and then a piece of flesh for an other forty days. Then Allah sends an angel to write four words: He writes his deeds, time of his death, means of his livelihood, and whether he will be wretched or blessed (in religion). Then the soul is breathed into his body. So a man may do deeds characteristic of the people of the (Hell) Fire, so much so that there is only the distance of a cubit between him and it,and then what has been written (by the angel) surpasses, and so he starts doing deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise and entersParadise. Similarly, a person may do deeds characteristic of the people of Paradise, so much so that there is only the distance of a cubit between him and it, and then what has been written (by the angel) surpasses, and he starts doing deeds of the people of the (Hell) Fire and enters the (Hell) Fire."

[bukhari]

Asalamoalykum to all

i realy found this category very interesting and enlightening

but i want to know that from where on the web can i download english translations of the hadith books

the link that one of the members gave i.e.

(www.)"http://cwis.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/"]cwis.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/[/url]

it only has 4 hadith books

i couldnt find Sunan Tirmizi, can any one of the members help me in this regard

because i have read a lot of tirmizi hadith under this topic

can u plz tell me from where can i download the english translation of sunan tirmizi

thnx