Islamic Forum

:D

On the authority of 'Umar, radiyallahu 'anhu, who said:

"While we were one day sitting with the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, there appeared before us a man dressed in extremely white clothes and with very black hair. No traces of journeying were visible on him, and none of us knew him.

He sat down close by the Prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, rested his knee against his thighs, and said, O Muhammad! Inform me about Islam." Said the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, "Islam is that you should testify that there is no deity save Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger, that you should perform salah (ritual prayer), pay the zakah, fast during Ramadan, and perform Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), if you can find a way to it (or find the means for making the journey to it)." Said he (the man), "You have spoken truly."

We were astonished at his thus questioning him and telling him that he was right, but he went on to say, "Inform me about iman (faith)." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, "It is that you believe in Allah and His angels and His Books and His Messengers and in the Last Day, and in fate (qadar), both in its good and in its evil aspects." He said, "You have spoken truly."

Then he (the man) said, "Inform me about Ihsan." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, " It is that you should serve Allah as though you could see Him, for though you cannot see Him yet He sees you." He said, "Inform me about the Hour." He (the Messenger of Allah) said, "About that the one questioned knows no more than the questioner." So he said, "Well, inform me about the signs thereof (i.e. of its coming)." Said he, "They are that the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress, that you will see the barefooted ones, the naked, the destitute, the herdsmen of the sheep (competing with each other) in raising lofty buildings." Thereupon the man went off.

I waited a while, and then he (the Messenger of Allah) said, "O 'Umar, do you know who that questioner was?" I replied, "Allah and His Messenger know better." He said, "That was Jibril. He came to teach you your religion.""

[Muslim]

PropellerAds

Asalaamo aleykum,

The best dirt cleaner

Abu Umamah (RA) narrates: Rasulullah (SAW) said: Whoever stands up to perform his Wudhu, intending to offer Salah, then cleans his hands; the sins of his two hands fallout with the first drop of water. Then, when he rinses his mouth, and draws water into his nose and expels it; the sins of his tongue and two lips fallout with the first drop of water. Then, as he cleans his face, the sins of his hearing and seeing fallout with the first drop (of water). Then, when he cleans his two arms past the elbows, and his two feet past the ankles; he becomes free of all his offences and sins, just as was his state, the day his mother gave him birth. He (then) said: Then, when he stands for Salah; Allah elevates his position, and if he (merely) sits (without standing for Salah) even then his sitting is free of sins!

Source: Musnad Ahmad.

We take bath regularly to clean our body of dirts, but how many of us offer regular prayers daily to clean the real dirts (sins)?

Al-Tabaraani narrated with his isnaad from Abu ‘Uthmaan al-Nahdi, that ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab said when he was circumambulating the Ka’bah and weeping: “O Allaah, if You have decreed that I should be doomed or commit sin, then erase it, for You erase whatever You will, and You confirm (whatever You will), and with You is the Mother of the Book, so make it happiness and forgiveness.â€

'A'ishah, may Allah be pleased with her, reported:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) liked to start from the right-hand side for performing ablution, for combing (the hair) and wearing the shoes.

Asalaamo aleykum,

this is my favourite Hadith, it makes me cry , so beautiful !

I am as My servant thinks I am. I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

As salamu alaykum.

Respectfully.

Not to be rude, brother. I do have one question. But the last sentence boggles me: you wrote: "And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed."

Now, we all know that Allah Most Powerful does not need to .... go anywhere to be there. Allah Most Powerful is everywhere. He doesn't need to go somewhere to be there. He already IS there.

No offence, i just wanted to mention this. If i am wrong, correct me.

As salamu alaykum.

Not to be rude, brother. I do have one question. But the last sentence boggles me: you wrote: "And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed."

Now, we all know that Allah Most Powerful does not need to .... go anywhere to be there. Allah Most Powerful is everywhere. He doesn't need to go somewhere to be there. He already IS there.

Its not meant in the literal sense, in fact it means when a servant asks for Allah (swt's) help or forgivness, He, Most Merciful, is more then willing to help him/her..to put it simply ready to anwser the call..

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

A Bedouin came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and said: Messenger of Allah, direct me to a deed by which I may be entitled to enter Paradise. Upon this he (the Holy Prophet) remarked: You worship Allah and never associate anything with Him, perform the obligatory Prayer, and pay the prescribed Zakah, and observe the Fast of Ramadan. He (the Bedouin) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, I will never add anything to it, nor will I decrease anything from it. When he (the Bedouin) turned his back, the Prophet (may peace be upon him) said: He who is pleased to see a man from the dwellers of Paradise should catch a glance at this man.

[sahih Muslim]

Edited by blue_dew_2222

Assalamu alaikum, Alhamdulillah all the Aadeeth have their position, and in a way they are all my favourites, but seeing the situation these days, I am not talking about the war and all, more like I am talking about the split between the Muslims themselves, I am reminded about this Hadith frequently. Has the time really come?? Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Hudhaifah bin Al-Yaman, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

People used to ask the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) about the good deeds, but I used to ask him about the bad deeds fearing lest they overtake me. I said: Messenger of Allah, we were in the midst of ignorance and evil, and then Allah brought us this good (time through Islam). Will there be any bad time after this good one? He said: Yes. I asked: Will there be a good time again after that bad time? He said: Yes, but therein will be a hidden evil. I asked: What will be the evil hidden therein? He said: (That time will witness the rise of) people who will adopt ways other than mine and seek guidance other than mine. You will know good points as well as bad points. I asked: Will there be a bad time after this good one? He said: Yes. (A time will come) when there will be people standing and inviting at the gates of Hell. Who so responds to their call they will throw into the fire. I said: Messenger of Allah, describe them for us. He said: All right. They will be a people having the same complexion as ours and speaking our language. I said: Messenger of Allah, what do you suggest if I happen to live in that time? He said: You should stick to the main body of the Muslims and their leader. I said: If they have no (such thing as the) main body and have no leader? He said: Separate yourself from all these factions, even if you have to eat the roots of trees (in a jungle) until death comes to you and you are in this state.

This one always makes my heart go weak :D

Muslim Book 001, Number 0234:

It is narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: Allah, the Great and Glorious, said: Whenever my bondsman intends to do good, but does not do it, I write one good act for him, but if he puts it into practice I wrote from ten to seven hundred good deeds in favour of him. When he intends to commit an evil, but does not actually do it, do not record it. But if he does it, I write only one evil.

Asslamualaikum

my fav hadith is about surah al fatiha

Abu Huraira has heard God's messenger declare that God most high had said, " I have divided the prayer into two halves between me and my servant, and my servant will receive what he asks."

When the servant says, " Praise be to God, the Lord of the universe, " God most high says, " My servant has praised me."

When he says, "The compassionate, the Merciful," God most high says, "My servant has lauded me."

When he says, "Possessor of the day of judgment," He says," My servant has glorified me."

When he says, "Thee do we worship and of Thee do we ask help," He says, "This is between me and my servant, and my servant will receive what he asks."

Then when he says, "Guide us in the straight path, the path of those to whom Thou art generous, not of those with whom Thou art angry nor of those who go astray," He says, "This is for my servant, and my servant will receive what he asks."

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik, at-Tirmidhi, Abu-Dawud, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah

Salaam, :D

Here are two hadiths that I really like!

1.) Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's messenger (SAW) said, "Whoever says a hundred times a day: Glory is to Allah, and praise is to Him," his sins will be removed from him though they may be as much as the foam of the sea.

2.) Narrated Abu Dhar: Allah's messenger (SAW) said, "Do not consider any act of goodness insignificant, even if it is meeting your brother with a cheerful face."

There is one more hadith I really like but I cant find it right now but inshallah when I do I will post it!

I just love this hadith:

[Allah's Love and Aid for his True Devotee]

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari.

Text copied from Al-Nasir's Hadith Qudsi Software v1.0, www.DivineIslam.com

I might have posted this here before but anyhoo this is one of my favourite ones..

On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.

I love this one too :D

[Our own failure to please Allah is our own loss - Allah Almighty is not affected]

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another. O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you, O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you. O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you. O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you. O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything. O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it. O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him who finds good, praise Allah and let him who finds other than that blame no one but himself.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

[Allah's Mercy and Generosity]

Allah (glorified and exalted be He) has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, filling that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them: From where have you come? And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhanallah), exalting you (Allahu-Akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu Lillah), and asking [favours] of You. He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise. He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You. He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord. He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO. He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: They say: O Lord, among them is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them. He (the Prophet PBUH) said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

In the hadith narrated by Ibn Abbas (radiAllahu anhu), RasulAllah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said to him while he was riding behind him on the same mount,

'Be mindful of Allah and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask only Allah and if you seek help, seek help only from Allah. And know that if all the nations were to gather together to benefit you, they would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and if they gather together to harm you, they would harm you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages are dry.'

[at-Tirmidhi]

It is related by Abu Hurairah that the Apostle of God (sallallaho alaihi wa sallam) said : "When the first night of the month of Ramadhan (comes), the devils and defiant Jinn are bound in chains and all the Gates of Hell are closed and non of the remains open and all the Gates of Heaven are thrown open and none of the remains closed and the heavenly herald announces, "O seeker of goodness and virtue! come forward; and O lover of wickedness and evil-doing! Halt, and do not come forward" and a large number of (sinning) bondsmen are released from Hell at the command of God (i.e., decision of forgiveness and deliverance is taken for them), and all this takes place on every night of Ramadhan." (Tirmizi and Ibn-i-Maja)

Salaam, :D

To like for one's (muslim's) brother what one likes for himself is a part of faith.

13. Narrated Anas: The prophet (SAW) said, "None of you will have faith till he likes for his (muslim) brother what he likes for himself." Sahih al-bukhari pg.61

Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu 'anhu, reported that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, said:

"Do not be envious of one another; do not artificially inflate prices against one another; do not hate one another; do not shun one another; and do not undercut one another in business transactions; and be as fellow-brothers and servants of Allah.

A Muslim is the brother of a Muslim. He neither oppresses him nor humiliates him nor looks down upon him. Piety is here - and he pointed to his chest three times. It is evil enough for a Muslim to hold his brother Muslim in contempt. All things of a Muslim are inviolable for another Muslim: his blood, his property and his honour." [Muslim]

:sl:

Abdullah bin Masud narrated that the messenger of Allah said :

"The blood of a Muslim may not be legally spilt other than in one of three [instances] : the married person who commits adultery; a life for a life; and one who forsakes his religion and abandons the community."[using large font size is not allowed]

it was related by Bukhari and Muslim

Salaams

THank you sister for the reminder, but wouldn't this be more appropriate in another section of the forum? This section is for discussions...right?

Anyways nice hadith.

Salaams

wiyyaki brother.

Yea I know, I didn't feel this was a good section to put it in but I don't know where else to put it. Where do you think?

Assalamu alaikum Mujahada, I think it could be moved to this section

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=186"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=186[/url]

I don't know if you can move it or not, you could ask one of the moderators to move it for you.

Salaams and duaas, umAhmad.

Edited by umAhmad