Islamic Forum

asalaamu'alalikum

Brothers & Sisters share here with us your favourite hadiths.

---------------------------

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 31, Number 127:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"

Very Inspiring. really puts ur heart at peace after reading it.

PropellerAds
:D

There's so many nice ones, here's a few..

“Be mindful of Allah and He will protect you.

Be mindful of Allah, and you will

find Him in front of you.�

(Tirmidhi)

and to finish it off:

..........get to know Allah in prosperity and he will know u in adversity, and remember that victory comes with patience, relief with pain, ease with hardship. :D

Asalaamo aleykum,

I just found this Hadith recently in my Quran with Tafsir of Ibn Kathir. It is soo beautifull, it has been in my head for the past few days since.... :D

Narrated by Abu Huraira (ra) :

I heard Prophet Muhammad Sallalahu Alaihi wassalaam saying :

" Allah has devided Mercy into hundred parts, and He kept 99 parts with Him and sent one part to the earth, and because of that single part, His creatures are mercifull to eachother, so that even the mare lifts up its hoof away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it. "

(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8 Hadith No. 29 )

`Aa'ishah said: "I asked the Messenger of Allah concerning the ayah: 'And the one who are given what they are given and their hearts tremble with fear.' Are they the ones who drink alcohol and steal?" He said: "No, o daughter of as-Siddeeq. Rather, they are the ones who fast and pray and give in charity yet fear that it won't be accepted from them. They are the ones who rush to do good deeds and they are the first to do them." [saheeh Sunan at-Tirmidhee 3/79-80]

"There are seven whom Allah will shade in His Shade on the Day when there is no shade except His Shade: a just ruler; a youth who grew up in the worship of Allah, the Mighty and Majestic; a man whose heart is attached to the Masjids; two men who love each other for Allah's sake, meeting for that and parting upon that; a man who is called by a woman of beauty and position (for illegal intercourse), but be says: 'I fear Allah', a man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity; and a man who remembered Allah in private and so his eyes shed tears.'" (Abu Hurairah & collected in Saheeh al-Bukhari (English trans.) vol.1, p.356, no.629 & Saheeh Muslim (English trans.) vol.2, p.493, no.2248)

I especially like the part of giving charity silently. Many people advertise when they do give to improve their image so that they get greater respect.

I also love the ones posted by sis Islamisthesolution, bro cheerio, and dilud.

I love a lot of ahadith :D

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her), the wife of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no calamity that befalls a Muslim but Allaah expiates (sin) thereby, even a thorn that pricks him.� Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5640; Muslim, 2572.

Muslim (2572) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is nothing that befalls a believer, not even a thorn that pricks him, but Allaah will record a hasanah (good deed) for him thereby, or erase from him a sin.�

from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Treat women kindly, for woman was created from a bent rib, and the most crooked part of the rib is the top part, so treat women kindly.�

Al-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.� This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 5/218, no. 2240

al-Bukhaari (4937) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The likeness of the one who reads Qur’aan and memorizes it is that he is with the righteous honourable scribes. The likeness of the one who reads it and tries hard to memorize it even though it is difficult for him, he will have two rewards.�

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting and the Qur’aan will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of food and desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ The Qur’aan will say, ‘O Lord I deprived him of his sleep at night, so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will both intercede for him.� Narrated by Ahmad, al-Tabaraani and al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 3882

It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who recites the Qur’aan and learns it by heart, will be with the noble righteous scribes (in Heaven) and the one who exerts himself to learn the Qur’aan by heart and recites it with great difficulty, will have a double reward.�

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4653; Muslim, 798

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Qur’aan will come on the Day of Resurrection and will say, ‘O Lord, adorn him.’ So he will be given a crown of honour to wear. Then it will say, ‘O Lord, give him more.’ So he will be given a garment of honour.’ Then it will say, ‘O Lord, be pleased with him.’ So Allaah will be pleased with him. Then it will be said to him, ‘Recite and advance in status, and for each verse you will gain one more hasanah (reward for good deed).�

(Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2915. He said, this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2328, this is hasan).

It was narrated that Buraydah said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever reads the Qur’aan, learns it and acts in accordance with it, on the Day of Resurrection his parents will be given a crown to wear whose light will be like the light of the sun, and his parents will be given garments which far surpass everything to be found in this world. They will say, “Why have we been given this to wear?� It will be said, “Because your child learned the Qur’aan.�’�

(Narrated by al-Haakim, 1/756)

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever reads ten verses at night will not be recorded as one of the negligent.� Narrated by al-Haakim, who said it is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb (640): It is saheeh because of corroborating reports.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever observes these prescribed prayers regularly will not be recorded as one of the negligent, and whoever reads one hundred verses in a night will be recorded as one of the devout.� Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah in his Saheeh, and by al-Haakim, who said it is saheeh according to the conditions of both (al-Bukhaari and Muslim). It was also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 640.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A person only increases in honour by forgiving.� Narrated by Muslim, 2588

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.tafsir(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/default.asp?sid=2&tid=634"]Virtues of Surah al Baqarah and Aal Imraan[/url]<--these ones

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=10117&dgn=4"]The indications of Allah’s love for his worshippers and the way to its achievement. [/url]

It was narrated from Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no Muslim who calls upon Allaah with words in which there is no sin or severing of family ties but Allaah will give him one of three things: either He will answer his prayer soon, or He will store it up for him in the Hereafter, or He will remove something bad from him that is equivalent to what he is asking for.� They said, “Then we should make a great amount of du’aa’.� He said, “Allaah is greater.� Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3573; classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi and others.

It was narrated from Sahl ibn Sa’d that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I and the one who sponsors an orphan will be like this in Paradise,� and he gestured with his index and middle fingers. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 5659.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The one who sponsors an orphan, whether he is related to him or not, he and I will be like these two in Paradise,� and Maalik gestured with his index and middle fingers. Narrated by Muslim, 2983.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If Allaah wants to do good to a person, He gives him understanding of the religion.�

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Knowledge is gained by striving for it.�

He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever follows a path in the pursuit of knowledge, Allaah will make a path to Paradise easy for him.� (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, Kitaab al-‘Ilm, 10)

“The best of you is the one who learns the Qur’aan and teaches it.� (Agreed upon. Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4639)

“When a man dies, all his deeds come to an end except for three – an ongoing charity, beneficial knowledge or a righteous son who will pray for him.� (Narrated by Muslim, 1631)

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever calls people to right guidance will have a reward like that of those who follow him, without it detracting from their reward in the slightest, and whoever calls people to misguidance will have a burden of sin like that of those who follow him, without it detracting from their burden in the slightest.� (Narrated by Muslim, 2674)

There should be no envy (hasad) except between two people, a man to whom Allaah has given (knowledge of?) the Qur’aan, so he recites it night and day, and a man to whom Allaah has given wealth, so he spends it (in good deeds) night and day.� (narrated by Muslim, 815)

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said:

“I urge you to adhere to my way (Sunnah) and the way of the rightly-guided successors (al-khulafa’ al-raashidoon) who come after me. Hold fast to it and bite onto it with your eyeteeth [i.e., cling firmly to it], and beware of newly-invented matters.�

"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=658&dgn=4"]Dealing with a bad Temper[/url]

Al-Bukhaari (12, 28 and 6236), Muslim (39), Ahmad (2/169), Abu Dawood (5494), al-Nisaa’i, (8/107) and Ibn Hibbaan (505) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar that a man asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “What is the best thing in Islam?� He said, “Feeding others and giving the greeting of salaam to those whom you know and those whom you do not know.�

“You will not enter Paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Shall I not tell you about something which, if you do it, you will love one another? Spread salaam amongst yourselves.�

The Muslim has five rights over his fellow-Muslim: he should return his salaams, visit him when he is sick, attend his funeral, accept his invitation, and pray for mercy for him [say “Yarhamuk Allaah�] when he sneezes.�

It is not permissible for a Muslim to forsake his brother for more than three days, each of them turning away from the other if they meet. The better of them is the first one to say salaam.’�

As for yawning, it is from the Shaytaan, so if any of you feels the urge to yawn, he should suppress it as much as he can, for when any one of you yawns, the Shaytaan laughs at him.� (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 10/505)

It was narrated that Ibn ‘Umar said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Whoever imitates a people is one of them.’� (Narrated by Abu Dawood, al-Libaas, 3512. Al-Albaani said in Saheeh Abi Dawood, (it is) hasan saheeh. No. 3401).

Edited by ummammaar

"It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better

still to sit with the good than alone. It is better to speak to a seeker of

knowledge than to remain silent; but silence is better than idle words."

(Bukhari)

Which came first: intolerant preaching or its subject-matter?

Tim Winters

bro AbdulMajid, that is a nice hadith too. Very important reminder, indeed.

I think sister shining stars meant Hadith of the Rasul :saa: :D

Edited by ummammaar

The Prophet (SAW) said, "If I had gold equal to the mountain of Uhud, I would love that, before three days had passed, not a single Dinar thereof remained with me if I found somebody to accept it excluding some amount that I would keep for the payment of my debts.

Sahih al Bukhari Hadith

"A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."

Ammar bin Yasir (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: I heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Prolonging Salat (prayer) and shortening the Khutbah (religious talk) indicate the religious knowledge of the person. Make your Salat long and your sermon short.''[Muslim].

I love this one. May Allah give you and I the tawfeeq to act upon it:

"Strange is the affair of the Mu'min (the believer), verily all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something harmful befalls him he is patient (Saabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the Mu'mmin "

Such beautiful Hadeeths, :D . :P This is one of my favorites - makes me cry everytime!

---

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Before Allah created the creations, He wrote a Book (wherein He has written): My mercy has preceded my Anger." and that (Book) is written with Him over the Throne."

[sahih Bukhari]

A really nice reminder... And another reason why we should neglect salaah.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) told his companions: “If one of you had a stream running at his door and bathed in it five times every day, do you think any dirt would be left on him?� His companions answered: “No dirt at all would be left.� To which the Prophet replied: “That is what the five (daily) prayers are like, with which Allah washes away your sins.�

[sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Hadith 506]

Abu Hurairah, may Allah be pleased with him, reported:

Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Our Lord, the Blessed and the Exalted, descends every night to the lowest heaven when one third of the latter part of the night is left, and says: Who supplicates Me so that I may answer him? Who asks Me so that I may give to him? Who asks Me forgiveness so that I may forgive him?

[Muslim]

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

Greed and faith can never co-exist in a human heart

Hadith of nasa'i

God loves those believers who labour to earn a living through lawful means.

Hadith of at-Tabrani