Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Nic the Muslim

A Disorder I Have.

I have read that it is Haram to remove facial hair.

"Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah's Book. i.e. His Saying: 'And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).' (59.7) (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Dress, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 815)"

I have a neurological disorder that is associated with my OCD called "Trichotrillomania." This cause me to be constantly pull out my facial hair. Most of the time I am not aware I am doing it, and the other half of the time the urge to pluck my hair is so incredibly strong it is almost impossible to control myself. Although I am not doing it 24/7, I do it quite a bit.

My question is, is it Haram for me to pluck my hair?

(Also, I take a minor medication to control my OCD. Is medication haram?)

I truly appreciate any help.

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, first of all Welcome to Gawaher, May Allah help you face your problem with ease, ameen.

Te Hadeeth you mentioned above is for women and your profile says you are a male............... I checked about your disorder with a Scholar and he said that it is not Haraam for you to take medication to control your disorder. Also Since this habit of pulling hair of your face is not in your control, it will not be considered Haraam, though you should try to control as much as possible and make duaa to Allah Subhanahu Wa Taala to help you.

InshaAllah you will be in our duaas.

Assalamu Alaikum.