Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Deen Activator

5 Million facing destitution

The death toll stands 118,000 people. 5 million facing destitution

"google/tsunami_relief.html"]google/tsunami_relief.html[/url]

Please give what you can and investigate the above link beacause those 118,000 have passed leaving millions alone in the face of destitution, they are not alone as the 6 billion of us are here with them on our screens everyday supplicate and give

generously

Salam,

Deen.

PropellerAds

Thankyou keep donating!!!

Thank u May Allah bless all that gave and gave for the people around the indian Ocean.

£75m was donated by the people of the UK!

Jazakhallah Khair,

Deen

asalam alaikum deen activator

its a serious tragedy, we should make dua for all those suffering, innocent people especially. seriously.

:D

We really must pray and donate everybody! I have received a long awaited email from a friend in Maldives who amongst other things writes the following:

"Its really sweet of you guys to be donating money to the cause, even if it doesn't reach us, it's needed by other countries as well. Yeah, and you're right that Maldives is being overlooked, not because its small, but because the death toll is small. Its 81 as of this morning, and 20 still missing. But more than 15,000 are homeless. It seems such a small amount compared to other countries but I can't tell you how much it is for us. Nothing like this ! has ever happened to us. Whole islands are totally uninhabitable now, and people are still having to live there, because they don't have anywhere to go. No toilets, no fresh water, no food, no clothing. We brought a lot of them to Male and are keeping them in the schools here in Male. But there are heaps still living on boats even now, partly because they don't have homes, and partly for fear that another wave might come.

You know how I told you about the artificial sea walls in Male? Even when we had that, Male got flooded. Imagine a strip of land, less than 2 meters above water, less than half a km wide. They got double and triple waves, just because they were so small. Waves rose to more than 6 ft high in these islands it became a rough ocean for few minutes. And within that few minutes it just ruined everything that they worked for, all their lives. Its just too painful to even talk about it. Everyday, working at the relief centre, pple come to you, begging for a place to stay.. pple call from the islands, saying they don't have water to drink for the next day. Grown men come to you crying. If you knew Maldivians, you'd understand. Men don't cry in front of pple. People don't beg infront of strangers. I see children who are even now, dumbstruck, unable to comprehend anything. I see pple staring at the sea even now. In Maldives, the sea is part of your soul. You don't live here for even a day without seeing the sea. Its where you go when you want to think, to feel comforted for everything. And now, pple look at it with fear in their eyes.

We're getting a lot of aid, alhamdhulillah. The only trouble is getting it regularly to the remote islands. Transport is a problem. And reconstruction of homes is another big problem. Most of the worst affected islands are totally washed away.. you cant build anything on it. So expertise is also something we need. And since this is the first time that something of this scale hit us, relief workers don't have the adequate training and experience as well. Things don't happen as they should, and as fast. Children need a lot of stuff as well. Most of the time, they get overlooked over and above their survival needs. But most of all, we need your prayers. So please pray for us. "

Please we must not forget them in the midst of our own great problems. Please even a small prayer with heartfelt emotions from all of us can help. I am just beyond thinking straight after getting this which si why i'm just repeating myself..but please do what u can for humanity!

Muslim, Non-muslim, Rich, Poor, Black, White, Blond, Dark hair....everyone was hit and hurt in some way and none was discriminated by the tsunami. So let us not discriminate in our prayers and donations.

Salaam walikum