Zakah

Zakah and Sadaqa  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What did you give for Zakat Al Fitr

• Nothing
    • I just gave money
    • I just gave food
    • I gave both food and money
  2. 2. Who do you give your Zakat ul Maal?

• My family comes first
    • I send the Zakah to my home country only when there are no needy in my community
    • I send the Zakah to my home country regardless if my family or community need it.
    • I follow the pattern first family, then community, then country where I live and if I don't find any person whom to give Zakah then is send it out of country.
    • I am below nisab so I don't give sadaqa
    • I did not give Zakah for other reason
  3. 3. Whom did you prefer to give your Zakatul Maal this years?

• I give Zakah only to the needy
    • I give Zakah only to the poor
    • I don't know the difference between the needy and the poor
    • I give Zakah to all of the eight categories of people mentioned in Qur'an
    • I only give Zakah to the ones in debt
    • I only give Zakah to the wayfarer
    • I only spend Zakah for Jihaad
    • I would give Zakah to a non-Muslim if I feel that this could cause him to accept the religion of Islam
    • I would not give Zakah to a non-Muslim even if he or she may revert to Islam.
    • I would not give Zakah to the debtor because they need to get out of debt themselves
    • I ever gave Zakah to a wayfarer or sponsored someone who travelled to seek knowledge
    • I give Zakah to distributors of Zakah who distribute it for me
    • I ever spent Zakah to free a Muslim prisoner or for a sick person who needs finacial help
    • I ever spent Zakah to a Muslim couple who plan to marry but because of financial issues it is impossible
    • I ever paid Zakah to for a person who died, who left behind debt which could make his time in the grave miserable?
    • I prefer to give to the poor/needy instead of giving it to the ones in debt
    • I know the eight categories of people who are eligible to receive Zakah
    • I don't know the eight categories
    • I know them, but I ignore some of the categories when I give sadaqa
    • I know them and I give to all of them

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

Sometimes, I see that people only give to the poor and needy, but if they don't find a poor/needy person in their community they send the money out of country, but their might be community members who fall under the other among the eight categories i.e wayfarers, people who are in debt and a sick person and we ignore them. There might be a brother who is already in his grave and he might suffer because he could not pay his debt and we could release him from that debt, by paying Zakah for him.

I am sure that in every community there are people who need Zakah, but don't receive it, because they may be shy to ask for sadaqa or Zakah even if it were their right. There may be a couple who want to marry, but financial issues do not allow them. With Zakah it we could bring them together.

PropellerAds

Wa Alaikum Assalam

I didn't vote in your poll because I don't really fit into a category.

My Zakat Ul Fitr is paid to a charity that then buys one Sa of food and distributes it overseas. I do this because it is almost impossible to find someone eligible here.

I do not make the nisab so I am not obliged to pay zakat but you option is confusing because it says " I am below nisab so I don't give sadaqa". I do pay sadaqa and try to do it regularly as do a lot of people below nisab. In fact some of our great scholars (ra) never paid zakat because they spent all of their money on sadaqa.

When I have paid Zakat (when eligible) it was normally given to a charity or Masjid to organise it and I believe this is not required but the recommended way.

Fourthly, in the Shafii madhab (which I follow) people who die with debts (permissible and impermissible debts) are not eligible for zakat.

Fifthly although I am not 100%, I am pretty sure that marriage is not a valid reason for Zakat. e.g. A wedding need not cost more than the price of a Mahar.

:sl:

I love this poll. This is a very important subject. :no: for the reminder. I also love the choices available. :sl: will get back to this thread for more on this topic.