Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Qoratulain

Islamic Names And Their Impacts

Asalam-o-elkm to everyone. For quite a while I've heard people say that names in Islam have an impact,or that is to say, they influence the persons' personality.

can anyone help me out on this? Thanks.

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum,

Hope this link helps:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamswomen(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/marriage/manners_of_welcoming_the_new_born_child_in_islam.pp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamswomen(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/marriage/manner...ld_in_islam.php[/url]

Assalamu alaikum,

Hope this link helps:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamswomen(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/marriage/manners_of_welcoming_the_new_born_child_in_islam.p"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamswomen(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/marriage/manner...ld_in_islam.php[/url]

The above link is missing a character, add 'h' between the p's at the end in the address bar"...ld_in_islam.php"

Edited by mrhyder

Assalam wa'alaykum,

Jazakallah khayr for starting this topic. Is it possible that if I take a certain name that, Insha'Allah, I will espouse the the qualities of that name? I am not sure if this is the case, but more information would be helpful.

And Allah(s.w.t.) knows best.

Assalam wa'alaykum.

Assalamu Aleykum

I have met many Muslims from Middle East. I was surprised when they name their child Eva would that be a Musllim name? because from my point of view thats would be like naming your child Maria instead of Maryam.

Would Eva be a Muslim name isn it Havva.

Yes we should live up to our names, names have meanings. Now to say that name satan or shaton, everybody knows what characteristics go with that name, and if you are given that name then you must somehow live up to those characteristics of a satan. Whatever name we have we should make it a good name whether your name is EVA, Joe, Bob or Muhammad. Names are like adjetives for people, it discribes them. You can have a name like Bob and be a total devil in your life, and to those who are affected by your wickedness, would look at the nameBob being and adjetive to discribe your wickiedness.

And over time the more people who adopt that name and do wickedness then the name becomes affiliated with someone who is wicked. Yet that same name Bob can to given to a person who is a good human being, does good deeds ect.ect.. Andt the name Bob would be affiliated with good. The same is for Muslim names but its even worst for a muslim because our names hold good meanings. How can you be named Muhhamad(the praised one) and be out in a club drinking, How can you have a name like Abdullah and be a fornicator?

You automaticly become a hypocrite because you know that your name has meaning yet your life reflects the opposite of what your name means. Look at the name Khalid we all know that fat pig named DJ KHALID hes a DJ playing music the is basicly one of satans tools. But look at the name Khalid, it means warrior, deathless and everlastingl, but now days ask people in the US who is Khalid and the piggish overweight nasty satan dj pops up, they dont think about Khalid bin Walid.

So you see how your actions affect your name, and to have a Muslim name and act like a satan is very hypocritical of a Muslim person . So what im saying is that whatever name we have we should make that name a good name by our actions, if your a new Muslim and your name is Joe make joe a good name amongst your Muslim brothers and sisters before you take on any other name. You can have a name like Joe and be one of the best muslims your communitie has ever seen.