Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
hamza81

Why Jesus Is Not God!but A Prophet Of God!

Concept of God in Christianity

by Dr. Zakir Naik

Position of Jesus (pbuh) in Islam:

(i) Islam is the only non-Christian faith, which makes it an article of faith to believe in Jesus (pbuh). No Muslim is a Muslim if he does not believe in Jesus (pbuh).

(ii) We believe that he was one of the mightiest Messengers of Allah (swt).

(iii) We believe that he was born miraculously, without any male intervention, which many modern day Christians do not believe.

(iv) We believe he was the Messiah translated Christ (pbuh).

(v) We believe that he gave life to the dead with God’s permission.

(iv) We believe that he healed those born blind, and the lepers with God’s permission.

II CONCEPT OF GOD IN CHRISTIANITY:

1. Jesus Christ (pbuh) never claimed Divinity

One may ask, if both Muslims and Christians love and respect Jesus (pbuh), where exactly is the parting of ways? The major difference between Islam and Christianity is the Christians’ insistence on the supposed divinity of Christ (pbuh). A study of the Christian scriptures reveals that Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity. In fact there is not a single unequivocal statement in the entire Bible where Jesus (pbuh) himself says, "I am God" or where he says, "worship me". In fact the Bible contains statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in which he preached quite the contrary. The following statements in the Bible are attributed to Jesus Christ (pbuh):

(i) "My Father is greater than I."[The Bible, John 14:28]

(ii) "My Father is greater than all."[The Bible, John 10:29]

(iii) "…I cast out devils by the Spirit of God…."[The Bible, Mathew 12:28]

(iv) "…I with the finger of God cast out devils…."[The Bible, Luke 11:20]

(v) "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."[The Bible, John 5:30]

2. The Mission of Jesus Christ (pbuh) – to Fulfill the Law

Jesus (pbuh) never claimed divinity for himself. He clearly announced the nature of his mission. Jesus (pbuh) was sent by God to confirm the previous Judaic law. This is clearly evident in the following statements attributed to Jesus (pbuh) in the Gospel of Mathew:

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven; but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

"For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."[The Bible, Mathew 5:17-20]

3. God Sent Jesus' (pbuh)

The Bible mentions the prophetic nature of Jesus (pbuh) mission in the following verses:

(i) "… and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me."[The Bible, John 14:24]

(ii) "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent."[The Bible, John 17:3]

4. Jesus Refuted even the Remotest Suggestion of his Divinity

Consider the following incident mentioned in the Bible:

"And behold, one came and said unto him, ‘Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?’

And he said unto him, ‘Why callest thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.’ "[The Bible, Mathew 19:16-17]

Jesus (pbuh) did not say that to have the eternal life of paradise, man should believe in him as Almighty God or worship him as God, or believe that Jesus (pbuh) would die for his sins. On the contrary he said that the path to salvation was through keeping the commandments. It is indeed striking to note the difference between the words of Jesus Christ (pbuh) and the Christian dogma of salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus (pbuh).

5. Jesus (pbuh) of Nazareth – a Man Approved of God

The following statement from the Bible supports the Islamic belief that Jesus (pbuh) was a prophet of God.

"Ye men of israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know."[The Bible, Acts 2:22]

6. The First Commandment is that God is One

The Bible does not support the Christian belief in trinity at all. One of the scribes once asked Jesus (pbuh) as to which was the first commandment of all, to which Jesus (pbuh) merely repeated what Moses (pbuh) had said earlier:

"Shama israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adonai Ikhad."

This is a Hebrew quotation, which means:

"Hear, O israel; The Lord our God is one Lord."[The Bible, Mark 12:29]

It is striking that the basic teachings of the Church such as Trinity and vicarious atonement find no mention in the Bible. In fact, various verses of the Bible point to Jesus’ (pbuh) actual mission, which was to fulfill the law revealed to Prophet Moses (pbuh). Indeed Jesus (pbuh) rejected any suggestions that attributed divinity to him, and explained his miracles as the power of the One True God.

Jesus (pbuh) thus reiterated the message of monotheism that was given by all earlier prophets of Almighty God.

III CONCEPT OF GOD IN OLD TESTAMENT:

1. God is One

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".

It is a Hebrew quotation which means:

"Hear, O israel: The Lord our God is one Lord"

[The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour."

[The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii) "I am Lord, and there is none else, there is no God besides me."[The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii) "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me."[The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

3. Old Testament condemns idol worship

(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."

[The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God."

[The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]

Source:

<a href="you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetirf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/irf/comparativereligion/middle/christianity/conceptofgod.htm" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetirf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/irf/comparativereligion...onceptofgod.htm</a>

Islam is the only religion which teaches the existence of a PERFECT God. A

perfect God means that there is no sharer in His Nature and His Attributes:

"Say: He is God, the One and Only; God, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not, nor is He begotten; and there is none like unto Him." (Holy Qur'an, 112:1-4)

There has appeared a man in Benoni. He is not qualified in theology, but is

fondly cherishing the self-delusion that he is an apostle of Christ,

appointed by God to convert Muslims to Christianity. Because he is a lawyer

by profession, he is adept at juggling with words and quoting the Holy Qur'an

totally out of context without knowing a word of Arabic. He wants Muslims to

believe that Jesus was also a God, a belief that is abhorrent to us, because

it is an antithesis of the Absolute perfection of Allah Subhaanahoo Wa Ta

'Aala!

Thus intent upon reversing the process of Truth, which is: "And say: The Truth has come and falsehood vanished. Surely falsehood is ever bound to vanish." (Qur'an, 17:81). In this he will never succeed because the process of Truth is irreversible.

TWO REASONS

He has given two reasons to prove that Jesus is God, viz: (i) "When we say

Jesus is deity (or even God for that matter), we do not make him the Father!

He is one with the Father and therefore HE SHARES HIS NATURE", and (ii) "HE

IS IN EVERY WAY LIKE THE FATHER but he is not the Father".

In short, according to him, Jesus is God because He SHARES THE NATURE OF GOD,and HE IS IN EVERY WAY LIKE GOD. These two reasons given by him to prove the divinity of Jesus are so puerile that they speak volumes of his legal

training.

Numerous quotations from the Bible are given below to prove that Jesus

neither SHARED THE NATURE OF GOD, nor is he IN EVERY WAY LIKE GOD. He can,therefore, NEVER be GOD. We have given the quotations from the Bible without comment, because the Bible speaks for itself! TO SAY THAT JESUS IS GOD OR SON OF GOD IS NOT ONLY A MOCKERY OF GODHOOD, BUT BLASPHEMY OF THE LOWEST ORDER AND AND INSULT TO THE INTELLIGENCE OF MEN! (Note: Unless otherwise stated, all quotations from the Bible are given from the Authorized Version. In our headings and subheadings we have referred to Jesus as "God" in inverted commas in order to show the ABSURDITY of the claim of this man that Jesus is God!)

THE BIRTH OF "GOD"

"God" was created from the seed of David: "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the SEED of David according to the flesh."(Romans, 1:3)

"God" was the fruit of the loins of David: "Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his

throne." (Acts, 2:30)

The Ancestors of "God": "The generations of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham." (Matthew, 1:1)

The Sex of "God": "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus." (Luke, 2:21)

How Mary Conceived and Delivered "God". Mary conceived Jesus like any other woman: "The days were accomplished that she should be delivered," (Luke, 2:6) which means that she went through all the normal stages of pregnancy.Nor was her delivery any different from other expectant mothers: "And she being with child cried, travelling in birth, and pained to be delivered." (Revelation, 12:2)

"God" Sucked The Paps of a Woman: "And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked." (Luke, 11:27)

The Country of Origin of "God": "Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king. (Matthew, 2:1)

The Occupation of "God": "Jesus was a carpenter by trade." (Mark, 6:3), "and the son of a carpenter." (Matthew, 13:55)

The Transport of "God": "Behold, thy king cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ######." (Matthew, 21:5) "And Jesus, when he had found a young ######, sat thereon." (John, 12:14)

The Wining and Dining of "God": "The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners." (Matthew, 11:9; Luke, 7:34)

The Poverty of "God": "And Jesus saith unto him, the foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head." (Matthew, 8:20)

The Meagre Possessions of "God": "Shoes of Jesus" (Luke, 3:16), "Garments and coat of Jesus" (John, 19:23)

"God" Was a Devout Jew: "And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed." (Mark, 1:35)

"God" Was a Loyal Subject: Jesus was a good citizen, he was loyal to Caesar.He said: "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's." (Matthew, 22:21) He paid his tax regularly. (Matthew, 17:24-27)

THE FAMILY OF "GOD"

"God" Was the Son of Joseph: "Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, we have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph" (John, 1:45)

Brothers and Brothers-in-law of "God": "And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and

Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence hath

this man all these things? (Matthew, 13:54-56)

THE DEVELOPMENT OF "GOD"

Spiritual Development of "God": "And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom." (Luke, 2:40)

Mental, Physical and Moral Development of "God": "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man." (Luke, 2:52)

"God" Was 12 Years Old When His Parents Took Him to Jerusalem: "Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast." (Luke, 2:41-42)

The Powerless "God" (Jesus) said: "I can of mine own self do nothing." (John, 5:30)

"God" Was Ignorant of the Time. Jesus said: "But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." (Mark, 13:32)

"God" Was Ignorant of the Season: "And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he (Jesus) was hungry: and seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find anything thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not

yet." (Mark, 11:12-13)

"God" Was Unlettered: "Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?" (John, 7:14-15)

"God" Learnt Through Experience: "Learned he obedience by the things which he sufered." (Hebrews, 5:8)

THE TEMPTING OF "GOD"

The Devil Tempted "God" For 40 Days: "And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan." (Mark, 1:12-13)

The Devil Tempted "God" Continuously: "And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season." (Luke, 4:13)

Like the Sinners, "God" Was Tempted In All Things: "But (he) was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." (Hebrews, 4:15)

True God Cannot be Tempted With Evil: "God cannot be tempted with evil,neither tempteth he any man." (James, 1:13)

Only The Ungodly Are Tempted With Evil: "But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed." (James, 1:14)

THE MISSION OF "GOD"

The Confession and Repentance of "God": before the beginning of his public ministry: "Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist" (Matthew, 3:13), "which signified the confession of sins" (Matthew, 3:6), "and repentance from sins (Matthew, 3:11).

"God" Did Not Come to Save the Sinners: "And when he was alone, they that were about him with the twelve asked of him the parable. And he said unto them, unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that without, all these things are done in parables: That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them." (Mark, 4:10-12)

THE RACIAL "GOD"

"God" Was a Tribal Jew: "The lion of the tribe of Juda." (Revelation, 5:5)

"God" Came For The Jews Only: "But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of israel." (Matthew, 15:24)

Racial Discrimination of "God": "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of israel." (Matthew, 10:5-6)

According to "God", The Gentiles Are Dogs: "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs." (matthew, 15:26)

The Kingdom of "God": And he (Jesus) shall reign over THE HOUSE OF JACOB for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end." (Luke, 1:33)

The Titles of "God": "The king of the Jews" (Matthew, 2:2), "The king of israel" (John, 1:49; 12:13)

A "GOD" UNLIKE THE GOD

A Hungry "God": "And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered." (Matthew 4:2), "Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered." (Matthew, 21:18), "and on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry." (Mark, 11:12)

A Thirsty "God": "(He) saith, I thirst." (John, 19:28)

A Sleepy "God": "He was asleep." (Matthew, 8:24), "He fell asleep" (Luke,

8:23), "And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow."

(Mark, 4:38)

A Weary "God": Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on

the well." (John, 4:6)

A Groaning "God": "He groaned in the spirit, and was troubled." (John,

11:33), "Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave."

(John, 11:38)

A Weeping "God": "Jesus wept." (John, 11:35)

A Sorrowing "God": "And (he) began to be sorrowful and very heavy." (Matthew 26:37). "Then saith he unto them, my soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death." (Matthew, 26:38)

A Hysterical "God": "And (he) began to be soreamazed and to be very heavy." (Mark, 14:33)

A Weak "God": "And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven,

strengthening him." (Luke, 22:43)

THE WARRING "GOD"

The Strong-Arm Method of "God": "And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought." (Luke, 19:45). "And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem, and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting: and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables." (John, 2:13-15)

The "God" of War: Jesus said: "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword." (Matthew, 10:34)

The Sabre-Rattling "God": Jesus said: "And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." (Luke, 22:36)

The "GOD" ON THE RUN

"God" Was Panic-Stricken: "After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him." (John, 7:1)

"God" Walked in Fear of the Jews: "Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death. Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews." (John, 11:53-54)

"God" Has Shown a Clean Pair of Heels: "Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand." (John, 10:39)

"God" Fled in Disguise: "Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by." (John, 8:59)

THE CAPTURE OF "GOD"

A Friend Betrayed the Secret Hiding Place of "God": "And Judas also, which betrayed him, knew the place: for Jesus off-times resorted thither with his disciples. Judas then, having received a band of man and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons." (John, 18:2-3)

"God" Was Arrested, Bound and Led Away: "Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, and led him away." (John,18:12-13)

"God" Was Humiliated: "And the men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him. And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face." (Luke, 22:63-64). "Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands." (Matthew, 26:67)

"God" Was Defenseless: "One of the officers which stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand", he said: "Why smitest thou me?" (John, 18:22-23)

"God" Was Condemned to Death: "And they all condemned him to be guilty of death." (Mark, 14:64). "They answered and said, he is guilty of death." (Matthew, 26:66)

The Dumb and Docile "God": "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth." (Acts, 8:32)

THE SUPPOSED END OF "GOD"

The Dying "God": "And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost." (Mark, 15:37)

The "God" That Was Supposed Dead and Defunct: "Christ died." (Romans, 5:6)."He was dead". (John, 19:33)

The Supposed Corpse of "God": "he (Joseph of Arimathaea) went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered."(Matthew, 27:58)

The Shroud of "God": "And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth." (Matthew, 27:59)

The Orbituary of The Late And Lamented "God": "Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, certainly this was a righteous man."(Luke, 23:47)

EPILOGUE

According to this self-appointed apostle of Christ, Jesus is God because: (i)

"HE SHARED THE NATURE OF GOD", and (ii) because "IN EVERY WAY HE IS LIKE GOD". But according to the quotations of the Bible given above, we find that Jesus did neither SHARE THE NATURE OF GOD nor is he IN EVERY WAY LIKE GOD.

He is, therefore, definitely NOT God! The onus to prove that Jesus is God

now rests with this Christian. Either he must prove that Jesus is God, or he

must admit that he is a polytheist, i.e., a believer in more than one God.

WITH ALL THE TRICKS AND VERBAL LEGERDEMAIN OF HIS PROFESSION, HE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PROVE THAT JESUS IS GOD!!

He and his fellow-preachers in Christ, will never succeed in convincing the

Muslims that Jesus was anything other than a natural man and a prophet of

God, sent unto the house of israel to bear the good news of the coming of the KINGDOM OF GOD, which prophecy was fulfilled with the advent of the Holy Prophet Muhammed (Sallal Laahu Alaihi Wa Sallam)!

Source: <a href="you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetjamaat(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/deedat.htm" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetjamaat(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/deedat.htm</a>

{Moderator note}

This post has violated forum rule #23. Action taken.

For more details, please read our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url].

PropellerAds

A very thorough, well researched, and thought out article. One of the sticking points is the term "Son of God". Christians use it, Muslims abhor it. Jesus constantly referred to God as Father and it is natural to reverse that and call Jesus the Son of God especially as the Gospels and the Koran agree that Jesus was conceived in Mary without male intervention. One thing I have noted is that when you are dealing with Idol worshiping religions, Son of God means something completely different. The gods of Egypt and Greece had children in the normal human manner. No Virgin births found anywhere. I believe that the problem with the term "Son of God" as Christians use it and as Muslims hear it stems from the mechanism that causes the parentage. Jesus is the Spiritual child of God because he has no genetic father. Joseph was his human step-father and God was his spiritual step-father. From the way that Jesus preached, as recorded in the four extant Gospels, if we follow his example we are all to call God father.

Jesus status in the realm of God, the Angels, and Humans is never clearly stated. He is said to sit at the right had of God, making him higher than anyone but God himself. The article posted rightly states that Jesus is never made truly equal to God. The wording of the few quotes that the equality is based on can be taken other ways than being the same being.

HE WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PROVE THAT JESUS IS GOD!!

Can the existence of God be proven rationally??

Can the existence of God be proven rationally??

Atheism tends to exalt reason, but it is actually irrational. Atheists tend to put a lot of stock in the emperical method and in logic. One cannot disprove God exists using the emperical method. You might reply: But I can't disprove a giant purple frog on Mars controls the universe, either.

Granted, one can never disprove any given thing exists. The atheistic position denying God's existence, if based on the emperical method, is absurd. Why do I say that? In order to prove the assertion No God exists

experimentally, one would need to comprehensively know all of reality.

Comprehensive knowledge of reality is called omniscience. One would need to be omniscient in order to prove there is no God, but if one were omniscient one would, by definition, already be God! So, based on emperical methodology, the only one capable of disproving the existence of God would be God himself! But some would say you can indeed assert something does not exist if its existence is logically self contradictory, such as a square triangle. By definition it cannot exist. It is illogical for something to be a square and to also be a triangle. Again, granted, but this line of reasoning assumes logic and real meaning exist and are our basis for knowledge --something an atheist has no right to assert! The existence of God is not only logically possible, it is philosophically essential.

One cannot prove logic exists unless one first presupposes a God in whom reason and meaning are transcendentally rooted, otherwise these categories are mere philosphical prejuduces. Atheism is

inherently self-contradictory. The evidence for the existence of God is there for all to see, only we refuse to see it.

Surah Fussilat:[Al-Quran 41:53]

"Soon We will show them our signs in the

(farthest) regions (of the earth), and in

their own souls, until it becomes manifest to

them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough

that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

Atheism is irrational. Apart from God there is no basis for truth or ethics. For the sake of brevity, let's simply consider ethics.

NO PHILOSOPHICAL BASIS FOR ETHICS

Beyond dispute there are moral atheists. I ve known atheists who are more ethical than some people claiming to believe in a god. This is not the issue. The question is, why be ethical? Can an adequate basis for morality

be found given atheistic premises? Think about it. Unless God exists, there is no eternal and transcendent standard for right and wrong. If God did not give the Ten Commandments to Moses at Sinai, thereby establishing a moral standard above human creation, we are merely left with humanly devised scruples. If humanity is left to create its own ethical standards, we are left with only three options to base ethics upon:

1) collective tradition, 2) human survival, or 3) personal preference.

God's existence is clearly seen in what He has made. The intricate brilliance of the created order reveals the mind of an infinitely intelligent Designer just as surely as a great work of architecture or a complex piece of technology reveals the mind of its designer. Furthermore, our own consciences and sense of justice, though

corrupted by our rebellion, still tell us there is right and wrong and a God who has a perfect moral standard. The truth is, if you are an atheist, it is not because it makes sense, it is because you don't want to face up to the fact that there is a God out there to whom you are accountable. You don't like God and are trying to hide from Him. You need not feel this way. God has provided a way back for you.

How do we know God exists? Unless we begin with the assumption that he does, we can't know anything else exists! Unless we presuppose that God created us with the ability to know things through sensory experience and reason, we have no philosophical basis for trusting either. Philosophically speaking, unless we know a

wise God gave us our senses, how can we know everything isn't an illusion? As for reason, we can't prove the validity of reason without using reason! We must assume what we are trying to prove in order to prove it. All human reasoning is circular, but when we leave God out of the circle we are left like a dog chasing its tail without any hope of catching it! Without beginning with the philosophical presupposition that a God who has spoken to mankind exists, we are doomed to reason in circles with no way of knowing how to discern truth.

"The heavens and the earth were ordered

rightly, and were made subservient to man,

including the sun, the moon, the stars, and

day and night. Every heavenly body moves in

an orbit assigned to it by God and never

digresses, making the universe an orderly

cosmos whose life and existence, diminution

and expansion, are totally determined by the

Creator."[Holy Quran 30:22]

One important point we need to understand in the first place is that the existence of God cannot be proved in the same way you prove the existence of a physical object. This is simply because God is not a physical object.

Any physical object is subject to your five senses. In simple terms, you can see, hear, smell, touch or taste a physical object. This is not possible in the case of God, as the lord is a Transcendental Being [existing on a level beyond our sensual perception].

There are people who argue that the only form of knowledge available to humans is experiential knowledge or experimental knowledge, gained primarily by the use of outer senses. This led to the belief that human beings are constituted in such a way that the knowledge of reality is always unavailable to them; and so it resulted in a

renewal of attention to the everyday world of appearances. The knowledge of here and now became the only object of human knowledge and concern. Thus from this point of view, the project of seeking knowledge of reality behind appearances must be abandoned, because it is beyond the scope of human understanding.

Now think: Can’t there be a way of “being” [existing], that is not susceptible of being perceived by the limited capabilities of humans through their defective senses?

I hope that the implications of the two expressions I used above [‘limited capabilities’ and ‘defective senses’] are evident to any thinking person. The claim that something does not exist, because you haven’t seen or heard it, etc. is untenable. When we consider the limitations of our sensual perception and of our reasoning

powers, it is not necessary that we understand everything. We can speak meaningfully about everything simply on the basis of our perception. So to speak of “proof” with regard to a Transcendental Being becomes irrelevant.

What we can do is to point out facts which lead to a constant and inescapable awareness of the presence of God. It is clear that logically we cannot rule out the possibility of more things existing than can be perceived

by our senses or can be arrived at by our reasoning. As for Man, there are two dimensions to his existence: One of matter and the other of spirit.

Reduced merely to the level of material existence, Man becomes a machine, or a mere animal at best. But think of a machine that rebels against being a machine; or of an animal that refuses to be an animal. That is what man is! What is it that makes him rebellious, angry, disappointed, frightened or hopeful? What is his dimension that gives him his imagination, his artistic genius, his creative urge? Why does he have nightmares

and sweet dreams?

It is not matter that does it; evidently it is his spirit that makes him so different

from animals. So to base our knowledge of the world and our philosophy of life simply on the material side of our existence to the complete exclusion of the spiritual dimension, is undoubtedly faulty. The strength of Islam as a philosophy and as a way of life is that it does not separate man’s material life from spiritual life, and that it seeks a balance between the two dimensions of human existence.

We should understand that human spirit is a reality incommensurable with material realities, and that it owes its existence only to God. Thus dear brother, if we ponder over the phenomena of the world around us and over the complexities of our own existence, we are bound to conclude that God is the

Reality behind all appearances. The Holy Qur’an says in Surah 2, verse 164, the

meaning of the following:

*{Behold! in the creation of the heavens and

the earth; in the alternation of the night

and the day; in the sailing of the ships

through the ocean for the profit of mankind;

in the rain which God Sends down from the

skies, and the life which He gives therewith

to an earth that is dead; in the beasts of

all kinds that He scatters through the earth;

in the change of the winds, and the clouds

which they Trail like their slaves between

the sky and the earth;- [Here] indeed are

signs for a people that are wise.}*

That is to say the external signs we see in the universe should necessarily lead a wise person to the Ultimate Reality behind it all. And that is how we arrive at the realization that Allah Almighty is The master of the universe and the lord of the worlds!

Hi

I just wanted to clarify some things

It does say in the Bible that Jesus did come to full fill the law. Still ask yourself what was the law about. Why is Jesus the one who has to full fill those laws and not some other person? Has anyone else fulfilled the law other than Jesus?

Then He does state in other verses why He came as well. (John 3:16-17 He came to save the world)

Also Jesus did declares His divinity you just have to understand the culture to understand what He was saying in some places. Also why would the Jews be so intent on killing Him if He wasn't saying something controversial? The reason Jesus was crucified was because of blasphemy. Now If He wasn't walking around say He was God why would He even have been bothered? Also if He wasn't claiming some kind of divinity how can He even tell one person they had been forgiven of their sins? That would be a flat out lie because if He wasn't presenting Himself or acting with the authority of God then He couldn't give forgiveness to anyone. How can He claim to give them eternal life? If He was claiming to be just a man then all He could do was show them the way to receive forgiveness or get eternal life. Still He says in john 6:35-40 that He will give them eternal life. He even says He came down from heaven.

In John 8:14 Jesus claims He knows wereHhe is going and where He came from. In Prov 20:24 Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?

John 8:58 "I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!"

This verse has a number of connotations. One He is claming He is really old. 2nd He is claming to be older than even the law because the law was given to Moses. Also in this verse he clams the I AM. That right there is Him says He is God. In Ex 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM," and he said, "You shall tell the children of israel this: 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Alright hopefully that clarifies things

Exactly like the brother said,

he can either be god or a prophet..and dont u believe in the oness of god?? do u believe god is the creator of everything then just because he didnt have a father doesnt put u in the positon to say he is a god..

comon its obvious jesus didnt create himself....

The belief in the sonship of Jesus to God is based on Greek Mythology and not true. Maybe, the writer of the Pauline Epistles read too much Homer and wanted to have their own real Odysseus.

A very thorough, well researched, and thought out article. One of the sticking points is the term "Son of God". Christians use it, Muslims abhor it. Jesus constantly referred to God as Father and it is natural to reverse that and call Jesus the Son of God especially as the Gospels and the Koran agree that Jesus was conceived in Mary without male intervention. One thing I have noted is that when you are dealing with Idol worshiping religions, Son of God means something completely different. The gods of Egypt and Greece had children in the normal human manner. No Virgin births found anywhere. I believe that the problem with the term "Son of God" as Christians use it and as Muslims hear it stems from the mechanism that causes the parentage. Jesus is the Spiritual child of God because he has no genetic father. Joseph was his human step-father and God was his spiritual step-father. From the way that Jesus preached, as recorded in the four extant Gospels, if we follow his example we are all to call God father.

The authors of the first three Gospels believed that Jesus was 'the son of God' in the sense of a righteous person. Many others too, are similarly called sons of God (see Matthew 23:1-9). The 'peace makers' are also called the sons of God by the Bible because they are the righteous men. The Bible calls Jesus the SON OF MAN (eg. Matt. 8:20). In the book of Acts (2:22), he is described as “a man approved of God”. While he is called Son of God nearly 68 times, not once was he called GOD THE SON. The difference between the Two expressions is like the difference between the Prophet Jesus of history and the CHRIST created in the image of the Church. Therefore, God has no sons at all.

God assured the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) and the whole world that what was mentioned above is the truth about Jesus although the Christians might not believe it. Jesus is not the son of God. He was, obviously enough, the son of Mary. The verses continue:

That is Jesus, son of Mary, in word of truth, concerning which they are doubting. It is not for God to take a son unto Him. Glory be to Him! When He decrees a thing. He but says to it "Be". and it is. (The Holy Quran 19:34-5)

After this strong statement about the nature of Jesus, God directed Muhammad to call the Christians to a fair deal: to worship the one God:

Surely God is my Lord, and your Lord, so serve Him. This is the straight path. (The Holy Quran 19:38).

The rejection of the idea of God having a son is reported later in the same chapter with even stronger words:

And they say, 'The All-merciful has taken unto Himself a son.' You have indeed advanced something hideous. The heavens are well nigh rent of it and the earth split asunder, and the mountains well nigh fall down crashing for that they have attributed to the All-merciful a son; and it behooves not the All-merciful to take a son. None is there in the heavens and earth but he comes to the All-merciful as a servant. (The Holy Quran 19:88-93)

The Qur’an recognizes the fact that Jesus had no human father but this does not make him the son of God or God Himself. By this criterion Adam would have been more entitled to be the son of God because he had neither a father nor a mother. So the Qur'an draws attention to the miraculous creation of both in the following verse:

Truly the likeness of Jesus, in God's sight, is as Adam's likeness; He created him of dust. then said He unto him, "Be", and he was. (The Holy Quran 3:59)

Adam, who had neither a father nor a mother, was not the son of God and neither was Jesus who had no father. The fact is God has no sons so Jesus is not the Son of God:

Translations of the Qur'an, Chapter 112:

AL-IKHLAS (SINCERITY)

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him.

Jesus status in the realm of God, the Angels, and Humans is never clearly stated. He is said to sit at the right had of God, making him higher than anyone but God himself. The article posted rightly states that Jesus is never made truly equal to God. The wording of the few quotes that the equality is based on can be taken other ways than being the same being.

'Isa (Jesus) is a messenger(servant) of Allah (God) just like the other messengers of Allah such as:

* Adam

* Idris (Enoch)

* Nuh (Noah)

* Hud

* Saleh

* Ibrahim (Abraham)

* Isma'il (Ishmael)

* Ishaq (Isaac)

* Lut (Lot)

* Ya'qub (Jacob)

* Yousef (Joseph)

* Shu'aib

* Ayyub (Job)

* Musa (Moses)

* Harun (Aaron)

* Dhu'l-kifl (Ezekiel)

* Dawud (David)

* Sulaiman (Solomon)

* Ilias (Elias)

* Al-Yasa (Elisha)

* Yunus (Jonah)

* Zakariyya (Zechariah)

* Yahya (John)

* Muhammad

Islam teaches that God has sent prophets to humanity, in different times and places, to communicate His message. Since the beginning of time, God has sent His guidance through these chosen people. They were human beings who taught the people around them about faith in One Almighty God, and how to walk on the path of righteousness. Some prophets also revealed God's Word through books of revelation.

All prophets gave guidance and instruction to their people about how to properly worship God and live their lives. Since God is One, His message has been one and the same throughout time. In essence, all prophets taught the message of Islam - to find peace in your life through submission to the One Almighty Creator; to believe in God and to follow His guidance.

Jesus referred to himself as a prophet (Lk. 13:33-34). Others also called him a prophet. (Lk. 7:16, 24:19, Jn. 6:14, Heb. 3:1). Referred to as a servant of God (Acts 3:13, 4:27, 30, Matt. 12:18). And Allah sent Isa (Jesus) to lost sheep of the house of israel only: Matthew 15:24 I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of israel.

The Qur'an also affirms Jesus's prophethood:

And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah (The Holy Quran, As-Saff 61:6)

"He [Jesus] said: 'I am indeed a servant of God. He has given me revelation and made me a prophet; He has made me blessed wheresoever I be; and He has enjoined on me prayer and charity as long as I live. He has made me kind to my mother, and not overbearing or miserable. So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)!' Such was Jesus the son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they (vainly) dispute. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) God that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! When He determines a matter, He only says to it, 'Be,' and it is" (The Holy Quran 19:30-35).

Hi

I just wanted to clarify some things

The fact is you are corrupting some things into a lie.

It does say in the Bible that Jesus did come to full fill the law. Still ask yourself what was the law about. Why is Jesus the one who has to full fill those laws and not some other person?

The fact is the Bible is corrupted into a lie by the keepers and writers of the Bible according to Jeremiah 8:8:

"`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie. (From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie! Therefore, we know that the entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption!

Jesus was a link in a long chain of prophets and messengers sent by Allah (God) to various societies and nations whenever they needed guidance or deviated from the teachings of Allah (God). Jesus was especially prepared by Allah (God) to be sent to the Jews who had deviated from the teachings of Moses and other Messengers. As he was miraculously supported by Allah (God) in conception, birth and childhood, he was also supported by numerous miracles to prove that he was a messenger from Allah (God). However, the majority of the Jews rejected his ministry. The Qur'an tells us about Jesus' mission in the following verses which are a continuation of the verses quoted earlier in which the glad tiding was brought to Mary:

And He will teach him the Book, the wisdom, the Torah, the Gospel and make him a Messenger to the children of israel saying, “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I will create for you out of clay as the likeness of a bird; then I will breathe into It, and it will be a bird, by the power of God. I will also heal the blind and the leper and bring to life the dead, by the power of God. I will inform you too of the things you eat, and what you treasure up in your houses. Surely in that is a sign for you if you are believers. Likewise I will confirm the truth of the Torah that is before me, and to make lawful to you certain things that before were forbidden unto you. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord; so fear God, and obey me. Surely God is my Lord and your Lord; so serve Him. This is a straight path". (The Holy Quran 3:45-51)

In another verse of the Qur’an, Jesus confirmed the validity of the Torah which was revealed to Moses and he also brought the glad tidings of the coming of a final messenger after him. This is clearly indicated in the following verse:

And when Jesus son of Mary said. 'children of israel. I am indeed the Messenger to you, confirming the Torah that is before me, and giving good tidings of a Messenger who shall come after me, whose name shall be the praised one (note that this is translation of Ahmad which is Prophet Muhammad’s name). (The Holy Quran 61:6)

Has anyone else fulfilled the law other than Jesus?

The teaching of Jesus was not completed by Jesus based on the following Biblical verses:

In John 16:12, Jesus said "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now".'

and

in John 14:26, Jesus said "But the Comforter, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all "

Careful study of the New Testament shows that this same prophet is referred to by Jesus in John 14:16,17:

And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Counselor, to be with you for ever, even the Spirit of truth.

Later in John specific description of this Spirit of Truth and his role is given as we read in John 16:13,14.:

When the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak and he will declare to you the things that are to come. He will glorify Me...

The terms of the prophecy do not warrant the conclusion usually attributed to this prophecy, namely that it refers to the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost explanation is excluded by a previous verse in John which reads:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is to your advantages that I go away, for if I do not go away, the counselor will not come to you.

It is clear from the Bible that the Holy Ghost used to visit men before and during the life-time of Jesus. John was filled with the Holy Ghost before he was born and Jesus himself received the Holy Ghost in the shape of a dove.

The characteristics of this counselor, as can be derived from the prophecy,

are the following:

1. He will not come until Jesus leaves.

2. He will stay forever, with the believers.

3. He will glorify Jesus.

4. He will speak what he hears from God.

These characteristics are applicable only to Prophet Muhammad, as the

following brief remarks show:

1. Prophet Muhammad was the only messenger that came after Jesus. There

was a period of six centuries between them. Jesus' mission was limited to

the "lost sheep of the children of israel”, but Muhammad's was a universal message. This explains the second characteristic.

2. Only Prophet Muhammad's message was intended by God to be a universal and everlasting message. This agrees with the statement that the counselor will stay forever with the faithful.

3. No other prophet glorified Jesus as much as Prophet Muhammad did. The Jews called him an impostor and accused his mother of immorality. They tried to crucify him. Prophet Muhammad considered Jesus as great Prophet and the “Word of God". The Qur'an attributed to him miracles that are not mentioned in the Bible. Mary is considered the most chaste woman and the best of all women in paradise. Thus did Muhammad really glorify Jesus.

4. The fourth characteristic also applies neatly to Prophet Muhammad. The Qur’an was revealed to Prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel. When the angel finished reciting the Qur’an, Prophet Muhammad used to convey verbatim to his companions what he heard from the angel without adding, changing or forgetting anything. The Qur'an also describes Prophet Muhammad saying “He does not speak out of his own fancy. He utters what is revealed to him." (53:4,5). If we compare this with, "He will not speak on his own authority", we see the striking similarity between the characteristics of the counselor and those of Prophet Muhammad. These and other prophecies in the old and new testaments predict in unequivocal terms the advent of Prophet Muhammad who is rejected by the Jews and Christians on the basis of misunderstanding and bias rather than on the basis of careful study of the Bible, the Qur'an and modern findings in the field of comparative religion.

Then He does state in other verses why He came as well. (John 3:16-17 He came to save the world)

On the contrary, according to Matthew 10:34 , Jesus said "Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword."

The fact is Allah (God) had sent so many prophets to their tribes etc to guide them back to the true path of Allah (God). According to the Bible and the Quran, God had sent Jesus to the israelites only to guide them back to the true path of Allah. On the contrary, Allah (God) sends the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) to all mankind to guide them back to the true path of Allah (God). is the Seal of the Prophets and the true universal Messenger of Allâh to the whole mankind (Qur’an 33: 40). Allah (S.W.T.), the All-Mighty, makes this very clear:

"We have not sent you (O Muhammad) but as a universal (Messenger) to men giving them glad tidings and warning them (against sin) but most men understand not." (Qurân 34: 28)

Therefore, the Prophet Muhammad came to save the world.

Also Jesus did declares His divinity you just have to understand the culture to understand what He was saying in some places.

Jesus was not divine at all when he denied and reject the divinity by saying “By myself I can do nothing...” (John 5:30) and “...the Father is greater than I.” (John 14:28) etc.

Also why would the Jews be so intent on killing Him if He wasn't saying something controversial? The reason Jesus was crucified was because of blasphemy.

The Jews had corrupted the Bible into a lie (Jeremiah 8:8) and deviated from the teaching of Moses so Allah (God) sent Jesus to guide them back to the true path of Allah (God) but the pig-headed Jews rejected him and they even conspired with the Romans to murder him in vain because Allah had saved him. We know that the corrupt, immoral and rebellious Jews had murdered some Jewish prophets before the coming of Jesus.

Now If He wasn't walking around say He was God why would He even have been bothered?

Jesus never said that he was God. On the contrary, it is the corrupt Christian priests who claim falsely that Jesus is God and worship him as fake God like the pagans had done in the past in vain. "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." This verse, Matthew 15:9, is further supported by these words of the Quran:

"And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto men: "Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower o fall that is hidden and unseen.

Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: ‘Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.’ And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world)." (The Holy Quran, Al-Ma’idah 5:116-117)

Also if He wasn't claiming some kind of divinity how can He even tell one person they had been forgiven of their sins? That would be a flat out lie because if He wasn't presenting Himself or acting with the authority of God then He couldn't give forgiveness to anyone.

Many people use certain verses of the Bible as proof that Jesus is God. However, all of these verses, when understood in context, prove the opposite!

For example, in Matthew 9:2, Jesus said to a certain man, “Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.” Because of this, some say that Jesus must be God since only God can forgive sins. However, if you are willing to read just a few verses further, you will find that the people “...praised God, who had given such authority to men.” (Matthew 9:8). This shows that the people knew, and Matthew agrees, that Jesus is not the only man to receive such authority from God.

Jesus himself emphasized that he does not speak on his own authority (John 14:10) and he does nothing on his own authority, but he speaks only what the Father has taught him (John 8:28). What Jesus did here was as follows. Jesus announced to the man the knowledge Jesus received from God that God had forgiven the man.

Notice that Jesus did not say, “I forgive your sins,” but rather, “your sins are forgiven,” implying, as this would to his Jewish listeners, that God had forgiven the man. Jesus, then, did not have the power to forgive sins, and in that very episode he called himself “the Son of Man” (Matthew 9:6).

Therefore, Jesus is not God and Jesus is not divine at all because he is the Son of Man and Jesus is a servant of God.

Note: I will refute the rest of Dunamis' post soon!