Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Global Reach

Question from a new Convert

PropellerAds

:D

This is an interesting question. I hope someone posts the sholary opinion on these issue from the past and present. Many angles for looking at this.

My thoughts...

The colour of your skin , Islamically does not matter, what does matter is your dwa to Allah swt, and your intention and what you expect from him, as you wont to make hujra. Unfortunatly due to the ignorance and jahilyaath in many muslim lands, you could experience racisism either through negative or preferential treatment! Do not take notice of this, just keep tot he high pricineples and morality of your faith.

IT is well known that living in the west it is far to easy to immerse oneselves in evil and immoral influences, which in tern are detrimental for ones IMAN, and practice of Islam, particularly nowadays as our nafs ( soul) has become particularly weak, and we are often not willing to fight the lower whispers of our own souls.

For these types of people, it is very important to make hijrah to land of Islam, where at least, its externalities are present.. such as the call to prayer, masjids, beardds, prayer...etc.. Else you should rectify your intion as you live in the west? Why are you staying here? Isit to call to Islam? To give dawah? To earn a lviing for the poor people of the world? etc...etc.. Educaition? Economic or political reasons....?

If you stay in the west or in the east, you still must make hijrah from evil and sins, because trust me evil nowadays has encompassed much of the muslim lands too :D . So taking hijrah from sins and towards Allah swt and his Messenger , is the most important one i feel right now for you. And this must be done whereever you are , and at all times

Edited by AbdulMajid

as salamualikum

this is a topic greatly debated back and forth. I personally think Islam should be in ones heart. therefore it doesnt really matter where you are living. also strictly speaking there isnt any muslim country anyway i mean a lot of people would argue they are able to practise Islam more freely in non muslim countires then so called muslim ones

Salam,

It really depends on you brother. You will have to do good research into countries that you would like to move to. I think Islam is with you every where you go. The test will still be same from Allah tala. By having an Islamic surrounding will help but as brother AM says that called Islamic countries are so called ‘westernise Muslims’ but with some Islam thrown here and there.

We have to grow with in our selves and develop Islam in our heart mind and soul. I think here in UK it is easier to practise Islam, we have the Masjid, madrasha’s, every thing we need to practice the religion.

But if you did decide to leave the country to an Islamic one brother have you thought of your income, able to provide for family? The general security that we need along side Islam?

As a westerner converting to Islam, would it be better to move to an Islamic country, or stay in the west?

salam alikum,

remeber the culture is differnt to yours,

salaam wa alaikum

interesting question... i think also that Islam is in your HEART but you can be affected by your environment and the people around you...society can play a big part in everyones life... in csome countries it is easy to practise Islam to the full extent...because we have the tools...Masjids...islamic schools...releigious people.... i think you shoud move CITY rather than COUNTRY.

move to a place where there are many more practising muslims. i persoanlly think that a place like BIRMINGHAM is goos. (second largest city in england after england, near coventry)

i think it is good because it has a very large number of muslims in there and there are so many Masjids one can go to... you can practise Islam there because you are surrounded by muslims.

but...think about yourself... by moving yourself what good will you do.. maybe the people who you live with are affecting you...talk to some muslims perhaps...research of course if you want to move to another country.

however, there are some beautiful countries out there like Pakistan, India, France, Irag, Iran, etc. maybe moving to a more muslim/asian society will help you practise Islam better.

it depends on you really...what factors are affecting you where yu are currently livin now...are there many temptations...many bad things happeneing...easy to sin...?

what you think is what will help you decide whether to move?

but is it really necessary to move? i think by staying you could learn more about your society and community.

i hope we have all helped you come to some kind of conclusion.

may Allah subhanallah wa ta ala guide his creation to the right path. Ameen thumma ameen.

Asalamu Alaykum

Surely (as for) those whom the angels cause to die while they are unjust to their souls, they shall say: In what state were you? They shall say: We were weak in the earth. They shall say: Was not Allah's earth spacious, so that you should have migrated therein? So these it is whose abode is hell, and it is an evil resort. 4:97

If you can go to a muslim land go akhi but if it is not possible then you shall not be held accountable.

salaam wa alaikum

good point made by crystal eyes-well done sis-mashalalh-excellent.

if you canot aford to travel to another country then dont. but moving to a city maybe cheaper...consider brother...

wa alaikum salaam

This is an interesting question. I hope someone posts the sholary opinion on these issue from the past and present. Many angles for looking at this.

My thoughts...

The colour of your skin , Islamically does not matter, what does matter is your dwa to Allah swt, and your intention and what you expect from him, as you wont to make hujra. Unfortunatly due to the ignorance and jahilyaath in many muslim lands, you could experience racisism either through negative or preferential treatment! Do not take notice of this, just keep tot he high pricineples and morality of your faith.

IT is well known that living in the west it is far to easy to immerse oneselves in evil and immoral influences, which in tern are detrimental for ones IMAN, and practice of Islam, particularly nowadays as our nafs ( soul) has become particularly weak, and we are often not willing to fight the lower whispers of our own souls.

For these types of people, it is very important to make hijrah to land of Islam, where at least, its externalities are present.. such as the call to prayer, masjids, beardds, prayer...etc.. Else you should rectify your intion as you live in the west? Why are you staying here? Isit to call to Islam? To give dawah? To earn a lviing for the poor people of the world? etc...etc.. Educaition? Economic or political reasons....?

If you stay in the west or in the east, you still must make hijrah from evil and sins, because trust me evil nowadays has encompassed much of the muslim lands too :D . So taking hijrah from sins and towards Allah swt and his Messenger , is the most important one i feel right now for you. And this must be done whereever you are , and at all times

i dont' think converting to Islam means living in some Islamic state as well.. u can stay where ever u r and stay focused on ure faith. however, u can move out if u think that u r not being allowed to practice ure religious duties and r not able to follow the righteous path..only in this condition to save ure Faith u can move out to ne place where u r allowed freedom of practising ure faith... u do have to get in touch with some scholar for right guidance.

Assalaamu Alaikum.

I've done a lot of thinking about this and I've decided I may stay in the west for various reasons. First and foremonst being that I'm a white American that can speaks English as my first language. I believe that coming from a background in Christianity would give me an advantage in giving da'wah. I can't really think of a country I would make hijrah too. I don't really speak Arabic and most of the Arabic speaking countries have problems of their own and I've thought about Pakistan but I don't speak Urdu and despise the Pakistani government. I think what I would like to do here is help build the ummah in America. The state of muslims in America isn't the greatest, I have to go out of my way to find classes and meet pious brothers. There aren't many Islamic schools and some of the ones that exist have problems of their own.

Although some say it is our duty to make hijrah I also believe that we shouldn't strand the muslims in America. I was born here and despite the government and kaffir culture I still like where I live and I wouldn't want to strand my family. I think I would be able to help Islam more staying in America and working to improve the state of the muslims here than if I were to make hijrah and struggle all the time to fit in and learn the language.

Walaikum As Salaam

salam wa alaikum

glad to know youve made your mind

mashallah, thats a good thing in trying to help build the ummah in america

may Allah the almighty reward you for your effort. ameen.

wa alaikum salaam

Assalaamu Alaikum.

I've done a lot of thinking about this and I've decided I may stay in the west for various reasons.  First and foremonst being that I'm a white American that can speaks English as my first language.  I believe that coming from a background in Christianity would give me an advantage in giving da'wah.  I can't really think of a country I would make hijrah too.  I don't really speak Arabic and most of the Arabic speaking countries have problems of their own and I've thought about Pakistan but I don't speak Urdu and despise the Pakistani government.  I think what I would like to do here is help build the ummah in America.  The state of muslims in America isn't the greatest, I have to go out of my way to find classes and meet pious brothers.  There aren't many Islamic schools and some of the ones that exist have problems of their own. 

Although some say it is our duty to make hijrah I also believe that we shouldn't strand the muslims in America.  I was born here and despite the government and kaffir culture I still like where I live and I wouldn't want to strand my family.  I think I would be able to help Islam more staying in America and working to improve the state of the muslims here than if I were to make hijrah and struggle all the time to fit in and learn the language.

Walaikum As Salaam

Brother you have good intentions! I say this because in the west, many reverts have a difficullt time realising and asserting their Islamic identity, because of the increasing misguidence amonsgst many "born" Muslim youth, as well as the sea of evil which surrounds them .. it would seem they are just stranded on an island.. with no escape or hope of it.

But this is not Islamic thinking, and our Prophet saw was never a pessimist, but was determined, and thought positively, never fell into dispair, and the sadness.. but we see others following this path too easily. Hiis whole life was the Quran.

So my advise to you is, do what teh Prophet saw would do, follow his Sunnah and you will be saved! :D

Ill try to rememmber you in my dwas.

Edited by AbdulMajid