Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ahm

Scenario: Would you accept a lift?

:D

you cant trust any one thats y u always ask Allah (S.A.T) for help and plus the shaytan and the desires jump at you like cheetahs. Really hard to get away from soo my advise to my muslim sisters always ask Allah (S.A.T) for help when in trouble and also to carry a mace/taser/pepper spray and take a cell phone and you should have extra money just in case.

PropellerAds

Audhubillah.

No. I would rather walk miles and miles, take a bus or train, or call up a sister or my mahaarim to come and get me. I think it is better for sisters to avoid going anywhere alone, especially if they are not sure about their ride or whatever. Sometimes females get kidnapped at bus stops and then they are raped else where. It doesn't matter how strong one's eman is.. Shaytan is the most hardworking guy. La howla wa la quwatta illah billah.

We should follow the advice of the Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No man is alone with a (non-mahram) woman, but the Shaytaan is the third one present.� Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2165; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani, 1758.

It was narrated from ‘Ali ibn Abi Taalib that a young woman from Khath’am came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and asked him a question. Al-Fadl ibn ‘Abbaas was riding behind him on the camel and he turned his face away. Al-‘Abbaas said: “O Messenger of Allaah, why did you turn away your cousin’s face?� He said: I saw a young man and a young woman and I did not feel sure that the Shaytaan would not try to influence them.�

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (885); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi. The hadeeth is also narrated in al-Saheehayn.

Edited by ummammaar

I would say no, pure and simple. Why put yourself in a position where you might get tempted, especially when shaytaan is the third person present.

but i can assure u...if ur in t-dot u can accept a ride from me....though....heck i dont even have a car....

LOL!! Sorry bro, still a no!

y would any one accept a ride from a stranger....its soooo weird. :P

Assalamu'Alaykum

thats soo sad, i was going to answer but it was too late.

Anyway how thats really sad, i mena i cant image that happeneing, WHY!? anyway

my answer would be ....

No thanks brother my CAR is parked in the lot! :D

but i can understand since working in Islamic Events can get crazy.

but we make sure the sisters who dont have a ride go with sisters who have rides. same with the brothers.

So far my Car is my"Mahram" :P

seriously i dont like to see sisters taking the bus or other means of transportation.

and that brother only Allah knows whats in his heart.

but i know for a fact one thing is the he regrates everything, and his wife poor women!

and not to mention the friend, was she married aswell?

Subhan'Allaah everything that the Prohet told us is soo true, but we think we know better. :D

Allah protect us

~ameen~

Salaam,

Sounds like the story is taken from the Cyber Counselor at IslamOnline here "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/QuestionApplication/English/display.asp?hquestionID=17592"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/QuestionApplica...uestionID=17

92[/url]

Wassalaam.

no practicing muslim man would give a woman a lift home. and any sisters whether she was practicing or not should never accept the lift, sadly sick stories like that happen a lot, women are more vulnerable to such attacks and sadly most sexual assaults are done by those people you know. i'm glad none of the sisters said yes.

No...is the simple answer.

Good ol cellfone would prob get my pa there in a jiffy :D

This reminded me of a revert (english) brother getting upset because his somali friends at the masjid offered his somali wife as she was leaving the masjid. She said she doesnt mind walking and it really doesnt bother her. Since it was dark, they really insisted on giving her lift and they finally did. Anyway the husband got to hear about this, and he was livid understably.

Another story..a brother (also english revert) has called taxi to his home. The taxi driver was somali and the brother's wife was also somali. She was wearing niqab. They had a child. She spoke somali to the child and the taxi driver found out that she was somali and asked her in somali language ' which part of somalia are you from?, is this your husband? etc'. The husband got upset. He told us in the khutbah lecture that it was quite disrespectful for the taxi driver to speak to mywi wife in somali while i was there..He told us that he was actually upset that his wife was spoken at all. So when they got off the taxi, he asked the driver in quite voice that it was disrespectful to speak to the wife whilst he was there and when ther wasnt any need to.

assalaamu alaykum,

i do not accept lifts off sisters nor would i offer one (once i've learnt to drive and bought a car) unless the sister was in real need unless i already had someone else in the car with me.

in Islam we have rules on mixing which are very strict and sometimes people who seem good are not, and some people who are good are also weak.

so best to avoid fitnah and not get into such situations.

remember most rapes are committed by someone you know, a friend, "boyfriend", neighbour, family friend, trusted member of the community, even members of your own family.

so sisters do not take the risk of going alone in a car with a brother, i would also apply this to taxis as well. a bus full of people is better than a taxi,

i once heard from a revert sister who had been driven around a city by a raised muslim brother taxi driver (moustashe taxi driver generation) whilst he told her how beautiful and pale she was, and how she should leave her husband for him! in the end she was really frightened and it was only when she threatened to get out of the car whilst it was still moving would he stop and let her out,

and of-course we have just had the case of the bristol imam who is alleged to have raped a 12 yo sister he was supposed to be teaching Quran.

sisters, just be careful, some brothers who seem good, some are not. some are weak, some are not.

I am always surprised how some brothers will offer you a lift while at the bus stop. They say..but i am muslim and you are muslim. I would never hurt a sister..uh uh...no way!I never accepted a lift and inshallah dont intend to. Even i never get on taxis by myself. It is quite dangerous.

Sometimes i feel offering a muslim sister waiting for a bus a lift...but i feel that they wont accept...just as i wouldnt accept it even from a muslim lady. Purely because there are those you cant trust..Life is like that.

Salaamu 'alaikum

I wouldn't have taken it, there's always a bus or tube or I'll walk inshAllah.

Don't like the thought of beeing alone in a car with a stranger.

wsalaam

Edited by sis Qassab

OK.  I might aswell add now that this is based on a true story.  A sister did accept a lift from this brother, her friend's husband, and she was raped.

Walaikum Asalaam,

Did she report it?

I hope the -------- got what he deserved! Men like him don't deserve a family.

Edited by afG

i've dropped people off from work several times (their house is on the way) and nothing has ever happend!

OK.  I might aswell add now that this is based on a true story.  A sister did accept a lift from this brother, her friend's husband, and she was raped.

selam, it is not necessary she is raped, but we can think many scenarios either...

i've dropped people off from work several times (their house is on the way) and nothing has ever happend!

???????

Guest amani

no i dont think i would if i was alone. and just him

but if someone was with me or a female was with him and i was absolutely away from home then yes..... because i take the taxi at times anyway but someone has to be with me.

otherwise i hate taking lifts from people :D

hmmm I think out of all men...I would and do feel safest around muslims but then again this story highlights that no man is to be trusted. What a shame though....

The way some talk here is as if every man is some evil rapist. Very shallow thinking in my opinion.

no deus,

that is not it. but Islam removes the thing that leads to harm not just the harmful thing itself.

we are not just talking about rape, we are also talking about potential affairs, illegitimate children, std's and the usual stuff the west takes as normal but which Islam tries to minimise and take out of society as much as possible.

asslamualaikum

man this is pretty shcoking, and quite naive in a way, just true that not eveyone are what they seem, and not everyone intentions are like your own

walaikumsalam

PS - brilliant reminder to us all

The way some talk here is as if every man is some evil rapist. Very shallow thinking in my opinion.

Tell this to the raped woman. I am sure every women who was raped had your way of thinking...(not everyman is evil rapist). Whilst it is true, but i dont want to pay the price of finding it out or risk it.

^^ thats true we should be careful in this day and age and always ask Allah (S.A.T) for help and protection " May Allah (S.A.T) protect my muslim brothers and my muslims sisters and me from all evil Ameen"

:P sick-freaks who rape innocent girls have destroyed the trust women had of men, if any.

man what is this world coming to :P

Oh and ...whenever u see "raped" on the news or in newspapers...magazines n stuff. It doesnt mean forced into intercourse....necessarily....

ape is "being touched without giving consent sexually".

So if a female came...n grabbed my.....rear.....thats rape n she could be charged.

Back some time.....rape was only forced intercourse. However, then that meant only the woman can be "raped" and a victim of sexual assault. So the law was changed to "bieng touched without giving consent sexually". something like that.

voilated could be the right word?? could it not?? Cos you are right bro MM, there are many ways of rape.

Tell this to the raped woman. I am sure every women who was raped had your way of thinking...(not everyman is evil rapist). Whilst it is true, but i dont want to pay the price of finding it out or risk it.

You know i dont know what it is maybe its the air we breathe or the people we hang out with but i see a general trend among the women of this board not trusting men as if we are like wild animals or worse just waiting for a chance to prey on innocnet girls.. :D! This is really not good for our character at all.. like whats wrong with you people!