Islamic Forum
Sofiaa

Black magick (jaadu)

There is NO SUCH THING as 'black magic', jinn and all that other superstitious crap. You guys (Muslims) are so superstitious it's pathetic. You're living in the 12th century for crying out loud !!! GROW UP !!!

what a convincing argument! we must have all been wrong and you have proved us right!

God bless

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum,

what a convincing argument! we must have all been wrong and you have proved us right!

God bless

I agree with you brother filhikmah, where would we be, if he was not there to correct us???

May Allah give Hidayaah to all, ameen.

Assalamu Alaikum.

not that it affects the discussion, but you are wrong.

since when can an angel displease God? angels do not have free will.

where does God say zina and alcohol were created as temptations?

i know many have good intentions, but you should make 100% certain anything you say about God is 100% correct. God asks you in the Quran "what is worse than one who says thinks about God he does not know?"

God bless

A'salaam Alekom

JazakAllah khair for correcting me about the angels. That is why I said *someone correct me if i'm wrong* :sl:

Anything haram in this life is a temptation. Thats common sense.

You should also take your own advice dear brother or sister. And please don't say everything you say about God is 100% correct because you're not perfect and i'm sure your understanding of God is not perfect either.. as no human being's understanding of Him is :sl:

InshAllah Khair.

Edited by isha

Assalamu Alaikum, I just went through a few last pages of the thread, and am surprised at some of the posts.

I would request myself and all to please be respectful of each other and not get too anxious and emotional to prove your point.

Leave alone Muslims, we should be careful not to even call Non Muslims names that do not suit a Human. Allah has made us HUMANS the best of His creation, who are we to call people Monkeys or otherwise, as for Bilal Philips or any other Scholar, by calling them names all we will be doing is giving them our Hasanaat (good deeds) ONLY A PERFECT PERSON HAS THE RIGHT TO CRITICISE OTHERS and who amongst us can say with authority that they are perfect, let THE ONE THAT IS PERFECT IN EVERY WAY Allah SUBHANAHU WA TAALA decide who is right and who is wrong.

If you do not agree with someone, then please use wisdom and make your point instead of name calling and trying to disgrace someone. May Allah show His Mercy to all of us, ameen.

Salaams.

Edited by umAhmad

well you must have witnessed a prophet raping a child. i did witness any such thing, neither i do i believe any such gossip.

say anything you like, you are wasting your own time. there is no empirical proof of God, Heaven, Hell, or Judgement Day.

say anything you like, blaspheme away. nothing you or i say changes the Truth, neither can you harm it.

dont believe anything you dont want to.

God is the Almighty

filhikmah please can u tell me what hikmah means in Islam and who are your scholars that u say are few and you are one rare person and i suppose u dont accept the authentic sayings of the prophet .

filhikmah please can u tell me what hikmah means in Islam and who are your scholars that u say are few and you are one rare person and i suppose u dont accept the authentic sayings of the prophet .

when you ask something relevant, i will try my best to answer. i am not a dictionary, please use one.

God bless

Islam forbids black magic because black magic is evil:

The Holy Quran 2:

101 And when there came to them a messenger from Allah, confirming what was with them, a party of the people of the Book threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if (it had been something) they did not know!

102 They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the evil ones, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

103 If they had kept their Faith and guarded themselves from evil, far better had been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!

Black Magic etc. is haraam in Islam. It is haraam to practise it and

forbidden to believe in it.

To seek protection from such charms is a kind of SHIRK, which means a very

grave sin. And to use it to harm others to intrude into the affairs of

others is haraam and if there is an Islamic government, such a person will

be punished according to Shariah.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell — what an evil destination!” [al-Nisaa’ 4:115] [using large font size is not allowed]

Edited by wiseguy

Islam forbids black magic because black magic is evil:

The Holy Quran 2:

101 And when there came to them a messenger from Allah, confirming what was with them, a party of the people of the Book threw away the Book of Allah behind their backs, as if (it had been something) they did not know!

102 They followed what the evil ones gave out (falsely) against the power of Solomon: the blasphemers Were, not Solomon, but the evil ones, teaching men Magic, and such things as came down at babylon to the angels Harut and Marut. But neither of these taught anyone (Such things) without saying: "We are only for trial; so do not blaspheme." They learned from them the means to sow discord between man and wife. But they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah's permission. And they learned what harmed them, not what profited them. And they knew that the buyers of (magic) would have no share in the happiness of the Hereafter. And vile was the price for which they did sell their souls, if they but knew!

103 If they had kept their Faith and guarded themselves from evil, far better had been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!

Black Magic etc. is haraam in Islam. It is haraam to practise it and

forbidden to believe in it.

To seek protection from such charms is a kind of SHIRK, which means a very

grave sin. And to use it to harm others to intrude into the affairs of

others is haraam and if there is an Islamic government, such a person will

be punished according to Shariah.

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whoever contradicts and opposes the Messenger (Muhammad) after the right path has been shown clearly to him, and follows other than the believers’ way, We shall keep him in the path he has chosen, and burn him in Hell — what an evil destination!†[al-Nisaa’ 4:115] [using large font size is not allowed]

greetings of peace

dear brother

you clearly contradict yourself. first you say black magick exists, then you say it is forbidden to believe in it. this is ridiculous. how can you do other than believe in something that is clearly mentioned as a reality in the Quran?

by the way, your translation of the Quran is very poor and misleading.

God has warned against using the kind of magick revealed by harut and marut; of this there is no doubt.

the problem lies in your understanding. God does not forbid many things which many class as 'black magic'. the term black magick is often used by people to classify things which those people wish to debase based on their own dogmatic or political beliefs.

God bless

We know wine exists but it is forbidden by Islam. We also know that pork exist but it is forbidden by Islam. "Some people have little power to do good, and have likewise little strength to resist evil"- Samuel Johnson

Similarly, Black magic does exist but it is forbidden by Islam because black magic is evil and it may lead to shirk ( Polytheism) that is a belief in and worship of many deities. Islam considers shirk illogical and totally unacceptable when referring to deity.

If there were in the heavens and the earth other gods beside Allah, there would be confusions in both (heaven and earth) but glory be to Allah, the Lord of ,the throne; high is He above what they attribute to Him. (Al Anbiya:22)

As the verse above makes very clear, the order of the universe, the ecological balance and the oneness of the Creator is more logical than many gods and indeed several wills and authorities.

In Islam, shirk is the greatest sin. It is the only sin that cannot be forgiven by Allah (s.w.t.) on the Day of Judgment. As said in the Qur'an:

Verily, Allah forgives not that rivals should be set up in the worship with Him. He forgives save that (anything else) to whom He pleases and whoever set up rivals with Allah he has indeed done a tremendous sin. (Al Nisa:48)

Some of the common forms of shirk :

1. To swear with names other than Allah

This was a common practice of the Arabs during the Prophet's (s.a.w.s.) time. They used to swear with the Ka'aba's name, with a pious ancestor's name, or more commonly, with the names of the idols they worshipped, e.g. Al-Latta, Az-Uzza etc. This is shirk because indirectly it gives some recognition of power or glorification to the being named. Says the Prophet (s.a.w.s.):

Whoever swears with other than Allah, he has committed an act of shirk and kufr.

2. To adorn something that is believed to be a form of 'protection from misfortune'

Again, this was a common practice of the early Arabs and is to some extent still prevalent today. Wearing certain bangles, necklaces and amulets was believed to be able to weaken jinn or evil spirits or protect oneself from 'al-ain', misfortune etc. From Imam Ahmad, narrated by Umran bin Hussain:

Once the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) saw a man wearing a yellow bangle and asked him, "What is this?" The man answered, "It is al-wahinah (that which weakens)." The Prophet (s.a.w.s.) said, "Take it off! Verily it will not increase you in anything, except sickness and if you die adorning it, no happiness will come to you forever."

This emphasis and serious attention given by the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) shows the need to shun all forms of shirk and close all doors that might lead to it.

3. To practice, involve or believe in any form of sihir (sorcery) including charms, incantations, astrology etc.

This is stated in a Hadith:

There are three kinds of people that will not enter paradise: the drinker, the one who acknowledges sorcery and the one who breaks silaturahim (kinship). (Ahmad and Ibn Habban)

Astrology is said to be part of this because of the Hadith:

Whoever partakes in one part of astrology (the art of the stars), verily he has partaken in sorcery. (Abu Dawood)

This, however, does not include using the stars in navigation, traveling, etc.

4. To believe in 'fortune-telling'

From a Hadith by Muslim, the Prophet (s.a.w.s.) once said:

Whoever approaches a fortune-teller, inquires him/her and acknowledges him/her, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days.

A Hadith by Abu Dawood relates:

Whoever approaches a fortune-teller and acknowledges him/her that person has committed kufr to revelation from Allah.

5. To believe in evil omens

This happens when a person intends to do something, but decides not to do it because of experiencing or 'seeing' certain evil signs or omens. Says the Prophet (s.a.w.s.):

"Whoever cancels one's intention to do something because of attiyarah (an evil omen), that one has committed shirk". The companions asked, "What is its kafarah (penalty for repentance)?" The Prophet (s.a.w.s.) answered, saying, "O Allah, there is no good except from You and there is no misfortune except from You. Indeed, there is no god but You". (Imam Ahmad)

Why does shirk occupy such a serious position in Islam?

Several of the main reasons are:

1. Shirk causes the greatest downfall of human status and dignity

Man is the best creation of Allah (s.w.t.), created in 'the highest of forms' (Al Tin:4). He is the khalifatul fir ardh [the vicegerent of Allah (s.w.t.)]. He falls 'to the lowest of the low' (Al Tin:5) when he takes any other creation of Allah (s.w.t.) as deities or gods.

Turn unto Allah (only), not ascribing partners unto Him, for whoso ascribes partners unto Allah, it is as if he had fallen from the sky and the birds had snatched him or the wind had blown him to a far off place. (Al Hajj:31)

2. Shirk is the root of evil and superstition

It is because of shirk that man can believe in the powers of jinn, spirits and particular human beings. Some believe that they can predict future events or cause an event to occur or not to occur. All these can give rise to various forms of evil or ignorant practices.

3. Shirk is tyranny and injustice

An injustice is to withhold someone's rights or treat someone in an unfair manner. In praising and worshipping deities that have no power whatsoever to control his life, man forgets Allah's (s.w.t.) sole right to be worshipped. He ignores his Creator, Who had given him his life and thus is ungrateful and unjust to Allah (s.w.t.).

When Luqman said to his son while advising him "Oh my son! Do not ascribe partners to Allah. Indeed shirk is a great injustice." (Luqman:13)

4. Shirk is the cause of anxiety and fear

Because the mushrik believes in the powers of his various deities, he is always living in constant fear, whereas the only one to be feared is Allah (s.w.t.), as all other things are dependent upon Him.

We shall cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve because they ascribe partners unto Allah for which no warrant has been revealed. (Al Nisa:151)

5. Shirk denies rewards in the hereafter

For those who associate partners with Allah (s.w.t.), heaven has been made haram for them.

Indeed they do blaspheme those who say that Allah is Jesus, the son of Mary, but Jesus said "O children of israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord". Whoever joins other gods with Allah, Allah will forbid him heaven and the fire will be his abode. (Al Maidah:72)

Edited by wiseguy

It seems to me that you filhikmah are against Islam when you say that God does not forbid black magic. I reject all of your allegations that support black magic! Allah and His messenger are my first priority and I obey Allah and His messenger and I don't give a damn to your allegations.

Edited by wiseguy

It seems to me that you filhikmah are against Islam when you say that God does not forbid black magic. I reject all of your allegations that support black magic! Allah and His messenger are my first priority and I obey Allah and His messenger and I don't give a damn to your allegations.

greetings of peace

you think a lot or rubbish. you cannot read.

read my post again and stop misquoting me.

all you are able to do is make personal attacks and copy and paste. i have seen more intelligence in a dry roasted peanut.

God bless

A duel between Moses's miracle and Pharaoh's magicians' black magic according to the Holy Quran :

The Holy Quran 7:106 -126

Pharaoh) said: "If indeed thou hast come with a Sign, show it forth,- if thou tellest the truth." Then (Moses) threw his rod, and behold! it was a serpent, plain (for all to see)! And he drew out his hand, and behold! it was white to all beholders! Said the Chiefs of the people of Pharaoh: "This is indeed a sorcerer well-versed". "His plan is to get you out of your land: then what is it ye counsel?" They said: "Keep him and his brother in suspense (for a while); and send to the cities men to collect- And bring up to thee all (our) sorcerers well-versed." So there came the sorcerers to Pharaoh: They said, "of course we shall have a (suitable) reward if we win!" He said: "Yea, (and more),- for ye shall in that case be (raised to posts) nearest (to my person)." They said: "O Moses! wilt thou throw (first), or shall we have the (first) throw?" Said Moses: "Throw ye (first)." So when they threw, they bewitched the eyes of the people, and struck terror into them: for they showed a great (feat of) magic. We put it into Moses's mind by inspiration: "Throw (now) thy rod":and behold! it swallows up straight away all the falsehoods which they fake!

Thus truth was confirmed, and all that they did was made of no effect. So the (great ones) were vanquished there and then, and were made to look small. But the sorcerers fell down prostrate in adoration. Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds,- "The Lord of Moses and Aaron." Said Pharaoh: "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? Surely this is a trick which ye have planned in the city to drive out its people: but soon shall ye know (the consequences). "Be sure I will cut off your hands and your feet on apposite sides, and I will cause you all to die on the cross." They said: "For us, We are but sent back unto our Lord: "But thou dost wreak thy vengeance on us simply because we believed in the Signs of our Lord when they reached us! Our Lord! pour out on us patience and constancy, and take our souls unto thee as Muslims (who bow to thy will)!

Allah had helped Moses to defeat the Pharaoh's magicians and their black magic and finally Pharaoh's magicians submitted to Allah.

Edited by wiseguy

A duel between Moses's miracle and Pharaoh's magicians' black magic according to the Holy Quran :

The Holy Quran 7:106 -126

Pharaoh) said: "If indeed thou hast come with a Sign, show it forth,- if thou tellest the truth." Then (Moses) threw his rod, and behold! it was a serpent, plain (for all to see)! And he drew out his hand, and behold! it was white to all beholders! Said the Chiefs of the people of Pharaoh: "This is indeed a sorcerer well-versed". "His plan is to get you out of your land: then what is it ye counsel?" They said: "Keep him and his brother in suspense (for a while); and send to the cities men to collect- And bring up to thee all (our) sorcerers well-versed." So there came the sorcerers to Pharaoh: They said, "of course we shall have a (suitable) reward if we win!" He said: "Yea, (and more),- for ye shall in that case be (raised to posts) nearest (to my person)." They said: "O Moses! wilt thou throw (first), or shall we have the (first) throw?" Said Moses: "Throw ye (first)." So when they threw, they bewitched the eyes of the people, and struck terror into them: for they showed a great (feat of) magic. We put it into Moses's mind by inspiration: "Throw (now) thy rod":and behold! it swallows up straight away all the falsehoods which they fake!

Thus truth was confirmed, and all that they did was made of no effect. So the (great ones) were vanquished there and then, and were made to look small. But the sorcerers fell down prostrate in adoration. Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the Worlds,- "The Lord of Moses and Aaron." Said Pharaoh: "Believe ye in Him before I give you permission? Surely this is a trick which ye have planned in the city to drive out its people: but soon shall ye know (the consequences). "Be sure I will cut off your hands and your feet on apposite sides, and I will cause you all to die on the cross." They said: "For us, We are but sent back unto our Lord: "But thou dost wreak thy vengeance on us simply because we believed in the Signs of our Lord when they reached us! Our Lord! pour out on us patience and constancy, and take our souls unto thee as Muslims (who bow to thy will)!

Allah had helped Moses to defeat the Pharaoh's magicians and their black magic and finally Pharaoh's magicians submitted to Allah.

greetings of peace

i am sure everyone here has access to copies of the quran.

that is wonderful. why dont you just cut and paste the whole english translation of the quran again again. i would wager that you dont even understand the arabic!

try to understand what you are writing before preaching.

you do not have a clue. i have met 3 year olds with more insight and wisdom that you.

God bless

i have met 3 year olds with more insight and wisdom that you.

Stop with the personal attacks !

Stop with the personal attacks !

greetings of peace

i was wrong.

dear brother ######, i apologise profusely.

apologies with offence caused to anyone.

God bless

Why does Islam forbid black magic? One of the reasons is:

The Holy Quran 72:6

YUSUFALI: 'True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly.

PICKTHAL: And indeed (O Muhammad) individuals of humankind used to invoke the protection of individuals of the jinn, so that they increased them in revolt against Allah);

SHAKIR: And that persons from among men used to seek refuge with persons from among jinn, so they increased them in wrongdoing:

Why does Islam forbid black magic? One of the reasons is:

The Holy Quran 72:6

YUSUFALI: 'True, there were persons among mankind who took shelter with persons among the Jinns, but they increased them in folly.

PICKTHAL: And indeed (O Muhammad) individuals of humankind used to invoke the protection of individuals of the jinn, so that they increased them in revolt against Allah);

SHAKIR: And that persons from among men used to seek refuge with persons from among jinn, so they increased them in wrongdoing:

greetings of peace

dear brother ######,

why do you proceed to repeat yourself insatiably copying and pasting?

as far as i can see, nobody has said God does not forbid black magic, yet you continue to repeat and repeat. incidentally, how it is not Islam which forbids such things, it is God. Islam is a state of being or belief, not a thing with the capacity to forbid things.

just to make this clear, in case you still do not understand, nobody has here has promoted or condoned black magick.

also, please stop reeling off reams of text, we are well acquainted with your excellent command of CTRL-C and CTRL-V.

God bless

greetings of peace

dear brother ######,

why do you proceed to repeat yourself insatiably copying and pasting?

as far as i can see, nobody has said God does not forbid black magic, yet you continue to repeat and repeat. incidentally, how it is not Islam which forbids such things, it is God. Islam is a state of being or belief, not a thing with the capacity to forbid things.

just to make this clear, in case you still do not understand, nobody has here has promoted or condoned black magick.

also, please stop reeling off reams of text, we are well acquainted with your excellent command of CTRL-C and CTRL-V.

God bless

It is you filhikmah who are condoning black magic in Post #985, Post #989, Post #1009 etc . Therefore it is my duty as a Muslim to refute your deviated allegations. And you are so rude to Muslims. You even slander and insult Islamic scholars. Who are you?

Edited by wiseguy

It is you filhikmah who are condoning black magic in Post #985, Post #989, Post #1009 etc . Therefore it is my duty as a Muslim to refute you deviated allegations. And you are so rude to Muslims. You even slander and insult Islamic scholars. Who are you?

greetings of peace

dear brother ######,

perhaps english is not one of your first languages. nowhere have i condoned magick. reread the posts.

i will repeat : i am muslim.

the 'duties' of Islam do not include refuting any allegations. in any case, you have repeated your point of view again and again and again and again and again, so let it be here duly noted : you reject my opinion. now that is clear, i hope you will not waste time by repeating again.

the last question is ridiculous and deserves and has no answer.

God bless

the 'duties' of Islam do not include refuting any allegations. in any case, you have repeated your point of view again and again and again and again and again, so let it be here duly noted : you reject my opinion. now that is clear, i hope you will not waste time by repeating again.

"Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us)." The Holy Quran 21:18

The Messenger of Allah (peace and bless be upon him) said:

"In every generation of my followers there are going to be just and righteous members of my Ahlul-Bayt to counteract the alterations and corruption's which the misguided people will try to make in my religion, to remove the false allegations of the untruthful and contradict the misinterpretations of the ignorant. Be aware! Your Imam shall be your representative before Allah, so be careful whom you adopt as your representative."

Sunni references:

al-Sirah, by al-Mala

al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar, Ch. 11, section 1, p231 under the commentary of verse: "And stop them, for they shall be questioned! [37:24]"

"Nay, We hurl the Truth against falsehood, and it knocks out its brain, and behold, falsehood doth perish! Ah! woe be to you for the (false) things ye ascribe (to Us)." The Holy Quran 21:18

The Messenger of Allah (peace and bless be upon him) said:

"In every generation of my followers there are going to be just and righteous members of my Ahlul-Bayt to counteract the alterations and corruption's which the misguided people will try to make in my religion, to remove the false allegations of the untruthful and contradict the misinterpretations of the ignorant. Be aware! Your Imam shall be your representative before Allah, so be careful whom you adopt as your representative."

Sunni references:

al-Sirah, by al-Mala

al-Sawa'iq al-Muhriqah, by Ibn Hajar, Ch. 11, section 1, p231 under the commentary of verse: "And stop them, for they shall be questioned! [37:24]"

greetings of peace

dear brother ######

this is the last time i will respond to your utterly preposterous ramblings.

you quote a part of al-anbiya which i could justifiably hurl at you.

you quote a single line from as-saffat. please read the surah again. you are implying it is judgement day and you are and angel. this i suspect is part of your problem, you are utterly ignorant of God's words.

do not hasten to the Quran. do not say things about God you do not know. stop worrying about whether someone else is misguided, as i can neither benefit you nor harm you on judgement day. worry about your own self.

this topic is about magick.

i will respond to any more of your timewasting.

God bless

this is the last time i will respond to your utterly preposterous ramblings.

you quote a part of al-anbiya which i could justifiably hurl at you.

you quote a single line from as-saffat. please read the surah again. you are implying it is judgement day and you are and angel. this i suspect is part of your problem, you are utterly ignorant of God's words.

do not hasten to the Quran. do not say things about God you do not know. stop worrying about whether someone else is misguided, as i can neither benefit you nor harm you on judgement day. worry about your own self.

this topic is about magick.

i will respond to any more of your timewasting.

You are wrong again.

The fact is Islam asks us Muslims to invite to all that is good, enjoin what is right, and forbid what is wrong:

" Let there arise out of you a band of people inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, and forbidding what is wrong: They are the ones to attain felicity." The Holy Quran 3:104

As I have said earlier that black magic is haram! It is my duty as a Muslim to inform Muslims that black magic is haram because black magic is evil and Islam forbids black magic!

Edited by wiseguy

peace dear brother ######

please forgive my attitude. i have been extremely rude.

it is no excuse, but i have been extremely upset by other circumstances, but i should not have allowed myself to be so rude, may God forgive me.

God bless