Islamic Forum
MomentsForLife

Let's Write Here Interesting Facts About Islam!

How did cat stevens become a muslim ?? inetersting fact !

By Yusuf Islam, formerly pop singer Cat Stevens

All I have to say is all what you know already, to confirm what you already know, the message of the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam - May Allaah's Peace and Blessings be upon him) as given by God - the Religion of Truth. As human beings we are given a consciousness and a duty that has placed us at the top of creation. Man is created to be God's deputy on earth, and it is important to realize the obligation to rid ourselves of all illusions and to make our lives a preparation for the next life. Anybody who misses this chance is not likely to be given another, to be brought back again and again, because it says in Qur'an Majeed that when man is brought to account, he will say, "O Lord, send us back and give us another chance." The Lord will say, "If I send you back you will do the same."

MY EARLY RELIGIOUS UPBRINGING

I was brought up in the modern world of all the luxury and the high life of show business. I was born in a Christian home, but we know that every child is born in his original nature - it is only his parents that turn him to this or that religion. I was given this religion (Christianity) and thought this way. I was taught that God exists, but there was no direct contact with God, so we had to make contact with Him through Jesus - he was in fact the door to God. This was more or less accepted by me, but I did not swallow it all.

I looked at some of the statues of Jesus; they were just stones with no life. And when they said that God is three, I was puzzled even more but could not argue. I more or less believed it, because I had to have respect for the faith of my parents.

POP STAR

Gradually I became alienated from this religious upbringing. I started making music. I wanted to be a big star. All those things I saw in the films and on the media took hold of me, and perhaps I thought this was my God, the goal of making money. I had an uncle who had a beautiful car. "Well," I said, "he has it made. He has a lot of money." The people around me influenced me to think that this was it; this world was their God.

I decided then that this was the life for me; to make a lot of money, have a 'great life.' Now my examples were the pop stars. I started making songs, but deep down I had a feeling for humanity, a feeling that if I became rich I would help the needy. (It says in the Qur'an, we make a promise, but when we make something, we want to hold onto it and become greedy.)

So what happened was that I became very famous. I was still a teenager, my name and photo were splashed in all the media. They made me larger than life, so I wanted to live larger than life and the only way to do that was to be intoxicated (with liquor and drugs).

IN HOSPITAL

After a year of financial success and 'high' living, I became very ill, contracted TB and had to be hospitalized. It was then that I started to think: What was to happen to me? Was I just a body, and my goal in life was merely to satisfy this body? I realized now that this calamity was a blessing given to me by Allah, a chance to open my eyes - "Why am I here? Why am I in bed?" - and I started looking for some of the answers. At that time there was great interest in the Eastern mysticism. I began reading, and the first thing I began to become aware of was death, and that the soul moves on; it does not stop. I felt I was taking the road to bliss and high accomplishment. I started meditating and even became a vegetarian. I now believed in 'peace and flower power,' and this was the general trend. But what I did believe in particular was that I was not just a body. This awareness came to me at the hospital.

One day when I was walking and I was caught in the rain, I began running to the shelter and then I realized, 'Wait a minute, my body is getting wet, my body is telling me I am getting wet.' This made me think of a saying that the body is like a donkey, and it has to be trained where it has to go. Otherwise, the donkey will lead you where it wants to go.

Then I realized I had a will, a God-given gift: follow the will of God. I was fascinated by the new terminology I was learning in the Eastern religion. By now I was fed up with Christianity. I started making music again and this time I started reflecting my own thoughts. I remember the lyric of one of my songs. It goes like this: "I wish I knew, I wish I knew what makes the Heaven, what makes the Hell. Do I get to know You in my bed or some dusty cell while others reach the big hotel?" and I knew I was on the Path.

I also wrote another song, "The Way to Find God Out." I became even more famous in the world of music. I really had a difficult time because I was getting rich and famous, and at the same time, I was sincerely searching for the Truth. Then I came to a stage where I decided that Buddhism is all right and noble, but I was not ready to leave the world. I was too attached to the world and was not prepared to become a monk and to isolate myself from society.

I tried Zen and Ching, numerology, tarot cards and astrology. I tried to look back into the Bible and could not find anything. At this time I did not know anything about Islam, and then, what I regarded as a miracle occurred. My brother had visited the Masjid in Jerusalem and was greatly impressed that while on the one hand it throbbed with life (unlike the churches and synagogues which were empty), on the other hand, an atmosphere of peace and tranquillity prevailed.

THE QUR'AN

When he came to London he brought back a translation of the Qur'an, which he gave to me. He did not become a Muslim, but he felt something in this religion, and thought I might find something in it also.

And when I received the book, a guidance that would explain everything to me - who I was; what was the purpose of life; what was the reality and what would be the reality; and where I came from - I realized that this was the true religion; religion not in the sense the West understands it, not the type for only your old age. In the West, whoever wishes to embrace a religion and make it his only way of life is deemed a fanatic. I was not a fanatic, I was at first confused between the body and the soul. Then I realized that the body and soul are not apart and you don't have to go to the mountain to be religious. We must follow the will of God. Then we can rise higher than the angels. The first thing I wanted to do now was to be a Muslim.

I realized that everything belongs to God, that slumber does not overtake Him. He created everything. At this point I began to lose the pride in me, because hereto I had thought the reason I was here was because of my own greatness. But I realized that I did not create myself, and the whole purpose of my being here was to submit to the teaching that has been perfected by the religion we know as Al-Islam. At this point I started discovering my faith. I felt I was a Muslim. On reading the Qur'an, I now realized that all the Prophets sent by God brought the same message. Why then were the Jews and Christians different? I know now how the Jews did not accept Jesus as the Messiah and that they had changed His Word. Even the Christians misunderstand God's Word and called Jesus the son of God. Everything made so much sense. This is the beauty of the Qur'an; it asks you to reflect and reason, and not to worship the sun or moon but the One Who has created everything. The Qur'an asks man to reflect upon the sun and moon and God's creation in general. Do you realize how different the sun is from the moon? They are at varying distances from the earth, yet appear the same size to us; at times one seems to overlap the other.

Even when many of the astronauts go to space, they see the insignificant size of the earth and vastness of space. They become very religious, because they have seen the Signs of Allah.

When I read the Qur'an further, it talked about prayer, kindness and charity. I was not a Muslim yet, but I felt that the only answer for me was the Qur'an, and God had sent it to me, and I kept it a secret. But the Qur'an also speaks on different levels. I began to understand it on another level, where the Qur'an says, "Those who believe do not take disbelievers for friends and the believers are brothers." Thus at this point I wished to meet my Muslim brothers.

CONVERSION

Then I decided to journey to Jerusalem (as my brother had done). At Jerusalem, I went to the Masjid and sat down. A man asked me what I wanted. I told him I was a Muslim. He asked what was my name. I told him, "Stevens." He was confused. I then joined the prayer, though not so successfully. Back in London, I met a sister called Nafisa. I told her I wanted to embrace Islam and she directed me to the New Regent Masjid. This was in 1977, about one and a half years after I received the Qur'an. Now I realized that I must get rid of my pride, get rid of Iblis, and face one direction. So on a Friday, after Jumma' I went to the Imam and declared my faith (the Kalima) at this hands. You have before you someone who had achieved fame and fortune. But guidance was something that eluded me, no matter how hard I tried, until I was shown the Qur'an. Now I realize I can get in direct contact with God, unlike Christianity or any other religion. As one Hindu lady told me, "You don't understand the Hindus. We believe in one God; we use these objects (idols) to merely concentrate." What she was saying was that in order to reach God, one has to create associates, that are idols for the purpose. But Islam removes all these barriers. The only thing that moves the believers from the disbelievers is the salat (prayer). This is the process of purification.

Finally I wish to say that everything I do is for the pleasure of Allah and pray that you gain some inspirations from my experiences. Furthermore, I would like to stress that I did not come into contact with any Muslim before I embraced Islam. I read the Qur'an first and realized that no person is perfect. Islam is perfect, and if we imitate the conduct of the Holy Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) we will be successful.

May Allah give us guidance to follow the path of the ummah of Muhammad (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam). Ameen!

PropellerAds

:sl:

Did you know that cow's milk has a cure for every illness in it?

Did you know that one of the Companions was reported to have lived 250 years?

Did you know that there is a kind of kufr (disbelief) that is obligatory on every Muslim?

Did you know that there are Muslims who claim to have the same level of faith as the angels and prophets?

Did you know that the Prophet's favorite color was green (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)?

Did you know that Imaam An-Nasaa'ee was barred from attending some study circles?

Did you know there was a man who memorized a million narrations of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)?

source - bakkah(contact admin if its a beneficial link):

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbakkah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/interactive/didyouknow.htm"]Did You Know...? (vol. #1) - Fun Islamic Facts[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbakkah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/interactive/islamic-facts-2.htm"]Did You Know...? (vol. #2) - More Quick Islamic Facts[/url]

Facts about Islam

Reprinted with permission from The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee.

Islam is an Arabic word meaning submission to God. As a religion Islam calls for complete acceptance of and submission to the teachings and guidance of God. The word has connotations of peace and wholeness. It has the same root as “salam†- peace.

A Muslim is one who freely and willingly accepts the supreme power of God and strives to live his or her life in accord with the teachings of God.

Allah is the Arabic language word for God. Allah is also used by Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews in prayer or speaking about God. Judaism, Christianity and Islam are the three great monotheistic world religions.

Muslims believe that the Qur’an (or Koran) is God’s word as revealed to the prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel. The Qur’an is the basis for Muslim beliefs regarding God, worship, morality, knowledge, wisdom, the human relationship to God, and relationships among human beings. Just as Christian believe that the person of Jesus was the Word or manifestation of God, Muslims believe that it is the Qur’an itself which is that Word and manifestation. The original text of the Quran is in Arabic and translations are available in major libraries and bookstores everywhere.

Muhammad is respected as a prophet. He is not regarded as the “founder†of Islam, but rather as one in a long line of prophets from Adam to Abraham, Moses, Solomon, and Jesus. Islam therefore did not begin with Muhammad, whose role was that of a “messenger†who received and passed on a revelation from God. He made it clear that Muslims should “call me the servant of God and His messenger.†He is regarded as a human being and in no way divine. He is seen as the final prophet who completed the revelation began by the earlier prophets.

The Hadith – the teachings, sayings and actions of Muhammad – were reported and collected by his devoted companions. They explain and elaborate the Qur’anic verses and provide a model for the conduct of Muslims.

Every action done with the awareness that it fulfills the will of God is considered an act of worship, but the specific acts termed the Five Pillars of Islam provide the framework of Muslim spiritual life.

1) The Declaration of Faith: “I bear witness that there is no god but God and that Muhammad is his messenger.â€

2) Prayer is prescribed five times a day as a duty towards God. Prayer strengthens and enlivens belief in God and inspires one to a higher morality.

3) Fasting is called for during the month of Ramadan. This involves abstention from food, beverages, and sexual activity from sunrise to sunset and it means curbing evil intentions and desires. Allowances are made for health, age and circumstances. After sunset, there are family and community meals and celebration.

4) Zakat is a proportionately fixed contribution from the surplus earnings and wealth of the Muslims. It is spent on the poor and needy and for the welfare of society as a whole.

5) The Hajj is the pilgrimage to the Ka’bah in Makkah (Mecca), at least once in a lifetime, provided one has the means to undertake the journey.

Muslims, Christians and Jews all worship the same God. The Qur’an has many stories about Biblical characters which are very similar to those in the Old and New Testaments. Jesus is very highly honored as a prophet, although Muslims believe that Christians erred in regarding him as divine. Muslims greatly respect Mary as the mother of Jesus. They believe in the virginal birth of Jesus through the power of the Spirit of God. However, they believe that errors have crept into the Jewish and Christian traditions and into the text of the Bible. The mission of Muhammad was to correct those errors.

Nonetheless, the Qur’an teaches that Jews, Christians and Muslims are all “People of the Book.†As believers, Jews and Christians have juridical rights under Islamic law to live as “protected peoples.†Historically, Islam has been a relatively tolerant religion. Islam clearly teaches that “There is to be no compulsion in matters of religion.†In the 7th century Muslim armies brought vast territories under Muslim political control, but conversion to Islam was voluntary and was not imposed “by the sword.†This is a Western myth.

Some Misconceptions about Islam

“Muslim,†“Arab,†and “Islam†are not interchangeable terms. Islam refers to the religion itself. Muslims are the followers of Islam. Arabs are a linguistic and cultural community with a common history. Most but not all Arabs are Muslims. Most Muslims are not Arabs. About 85% of the world’s Muslims are not Arabs. Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in the world. About 12 million Arabs are Christian and thousands are Jewish.

“Mohammadanism†is a misnomer for Islam and offends its very spirit, since Muhammad was a merely a messenger of God.

The accurate translation of the Arabic word jihad should be “exertion of effort or struggle†in accord with the will of God. It is any strenuous effort – physical, intellectual, spiritual – for the good. The “higher jihad†is the personal struggle to become a better Muslim. Jihad can mean standing up to speak the word of truth to tyrants and to call for justice. It can also be a religiously guided military struggle, but it does not mean “holy war.†The Arabic word for war is "harb," which does not appear in the Qur’an. Islam is not a pacifist religion. It teaches that a war in self-defense is permissible and a duty, but the conduct of war is to be in accord with rules forbidding the harming of women, children and old men or the destruction of property. This is the “lesser jihad.†Not every “jihad†called by political leaders is in accord with the requirements of Islam. Such a call can often be regarded as an appeal to emotionally-laden traditional symbols without real religious standing.

“Islamic fundamentalismâ€: There are widespread movements of spiritual and cultural revivalism in the Arab and Muslim worlds. Many of them are critical of Western influence and seek a return to the authentic roots of their own traditions. A small number of these movements use violent means to achieve political goals. These are what is usually referred to in the West as fundamentalists. More mainstream Muslims consider such movements as deviations from authentic Islam.

1) "Islam" means "peace through the submission to God".

2) "Muslim" means "anyone or anything that submits itself to the will of God".

3) Islam is not a cult. Its followers number over 1.5 billion worldwide. Along with Judaism and Christianity, it is considered to be one of the three Abrahamic traditions.

4) There are five pillars of practice in Islam. These practices must be undertaken with the best of effort in order to be considered a true Muslim: A) Shahadah - declaration of faith in the oneness of God and that Muhammad is the last prophet of God. B) Formal prayer five times a day. C) Fasting during the daylight hours in the month of Ramadan. D) Poor-due "tax" - 2.5% of one's savings given to the needy at the end of each year. E) Pilgrimage to Mecca at least once, if physically and financially able.

5) There are six articles of faith in Islam. These are the basic beliefs that one must have in order to be considered a true Muslim. They are belief in: A) the One God. B) all the prophets of God. C) the original scriptures revealed to Prophets Moses, David, Jesus, and Muhammad. D) the angels. E) the Day of Judgment and the Hereafter. F) the divine decree (or destiny).

6) Islam is a complete way of life that governs all facets of life: moral, spiritual, social, political, economical, intellectual, etc.

7) Islam is one of the fastest growing religions in the world. To become Muslim, a person of any race or culture must say a simple statement, the shahadah, that bears witness to the belief in the One God and that Prophet Muhammad was the last prophet of God.

8) "Allah" is an Arabic word that means "God". Muslims also believe that "Allah" is the personal name of God.

9) Allah is not the God of Muslims only. He is the God of all people and all creation. Just because people refer to God using different terms does not mean that they are different gods. Spanish people refer to God as "Dios" and French people refer to God as "Dieu", yet they are all the same God. Interestingly, most Arab Jews and Arab Christians refer to God as "Allah". And the word Allah in Arabic appears on the walls of many Arab churches.

10) The Islamic concept of God is that He is loving, merciful, and compassionate. But Islam also teaches that He is just and swift in punishment. Nevertheless, Allah once said to Prophet Muhammad, "My mercy prevails over my wrath." Islam teaches a balance between fear and hope, protecting one from both complacency and despair.

11) Muslims believe that God has revealed 99 of His names (or attributes) in the Holy Qur'an. It is through these names that one can come to know the Creator. A few of these names are: the All-Merciful, the All-Knower, the Protector, the Provider, the Near, the First, the Last, the Hidden, and the Source of Peace.

12) Muslims believe in and acknowledge all the prophets of old, from Adam to Jesus. Muslims believe that they brought the message of peace and submission (Islam) to different peoples at different times. Muslims also believe that these prophets were "muslims" because they submitted their wills to God.

13) Muslims neither worship Muhammad nor pray through him. Muslims solely worship the unseen and Omniscient Creator, Allah.

14) Muslims accept the original unaltered Torah (the Gospel of Moses) and the original Bible (the Gospel of Jesus) since they were revealed by God. However, none of those original scriptures are in existence today, in their entirety. Therefore, Muslims follow the subsequent, final, and preserved revelation of God, the Holy Qur'an.

15) The Holy Qur'an was not authored by Muhammad. It was authored by God, revealed to Muhammad, and written into physical form by his companions.

16) The Holy Qur'an has no flaws or contradictions. The original Arabic scriptures have never been changed or tampered with.

17) Actual seventh century Qur'ans, complete and intact, are on display in museums in Turkey and many other places around the world.

18) If all Qur'ans in the world today were burned and destroyed, the original Arabic would still remain. This is because millions of Muslims, called Hafiz (or "preservers") have memorized the text letter for letter from beginning to end, every word and syllable. Also, chapters from the Qur'an are precisely recited from memory by every Muslim in each of the five daily prayers.

19) Muslims do not believe in the concept of "vicarious atonement" but rather believe in the law of personal responsibility. Islam teaches that each person is responsible for his or her own actions. On the Day of Judgment Muslims believe that every person will be resurrected and will have to answer to God for their every word, thought, and deed. Consequently, a practicing Muslim is always striving to be righteous.

20) Islam was not spread by the sword. It was spread by the word (Islamic teachings) and the example of its followers. Islam teaches that there is no compulsion in religion (the Holy Qur'an 2:256 and 10:99).

21) Terrorism, unjustified violence and the killing of innocent people are absolutely forbidden in Islam. Islam is a way of life that is meant to bring peace to a society, whether its people are Muslim or not. The extreme actions of those who claim to be Muslim may be, among other things, a result of their ignorance or uncontrolled anger. Tyrant rulers and those who commit acts of terrorism in the name of Islam are simply not following Islam. These people are individuals with their own views and political agendas. Fanatical Muslims are no more representative of the true Islamic teachings than Timothy McVeigh or David Koresh are of Christianity. Extremism and fanaticism is a problem that is common to all religious groups. Anyone who thinks that all Muslims are terrorists should remember that the famous boxer Muhammad Ali, perhaps the most celebrated person of our era, is a practicing Muslim.

22) The word "jihad" does not mean "holy war". Instead, it means the inner struggle that one endures in trying to submit their will to the will of God. Some Muslims may say they are going for "jihad" when fighting in a war to defend themselves or their fellow Muslims, but they only say this because they are conceding that it will be a tremendous struggle. But there are many other forms of jihad which are more relevant to the everyday life of a Muslim such as the struggles against laziness, arrogance, stinginess, or the struggle against a tyrant ruler or against the temptation of Satan, or against one's own ego, etc.

23) Women are not oppressed in Islam. Any Muslim man that oppresses a woman is not following Islam. Among the many teachings of Prophet Muhammad that protected the rights and dignity of women is his saying, "...the best among you are those who treat their wives well." (Tirmidhi)

24) Islam grants women numerous rights in the home and in society. Among them are the right to earn money, to financial support, to an education, to an inheritance, to being treated kindly, to vote, to a dowry, to keep their maiden name, to worship in a Masjid, etc., etc.

25) Muslim women wear the head-covering (hijab) in fulfillment of God's decree to dress modestly. From a practical standpoint, it serves to identify one as attempting to follow God in daily life and, therefore, protects women from unwanted advances from men. This type of modest dress has been worn by righteous women throughout history. Prominent examples are traditional Catholic Nuns, Mother Teresa and the Virgin Mary, mother of Jesus.

26) Arranged marriages are allowed in Islam but are not required. Whereas "forced" marriages, usually stemming from cultural practice, are forbidden. Divorce is permissible, however, reconciliation is what is most encouraged. But if there are irreconcilable differences then Islam permits a fair and just divorce.

27) Islam and the "Nation of Islam" are two different religions. Islam is a religion for all races and enjoins the worship of the one unseen God who, orthodox Muslims believe, never took human form. The "Nation", on the other hand, is a movement geared towards non-whites and teaches that God appeared in the form of Fard Muhammad in 1930 and that Elijah Muhammad (a man who died in 1975) was a prophet of God. These beliefs clearly contradict the basic Islamic theology outlined in the Qur'an. The followers of "the Nation" adhere to some Islamic principles that are mixed with many other teachings that are alien to Islam. To better understand the difference between the two, read about Malcolm X, his pilgrimage to Mecca and his subsequent comments to the media. Islam teaches equality amongst all the races (Holy Qur'an 49:13).

28) All Muslims are not Arab. Islam is a universal religion and way of life which includes followers from all races of people. There are Muslims in and from virtually every country in the world. Arabs only constitute about 20% of Muslims worldwide. Indonesia has the largest concentration of Muslims with over 120 million.

29) In the five daily prayers, Muslims face the Kaaba in Mecca, Arabia. It is a cube-shaped stone structure that was originally built by Prophet Adam and later rebuilt by Prophet Abraham. Muslims believe that the Kaaba was the first house of worship on Earth dedicated to the worship of one god. Muslims do not worship the Kaaba. It serves as a central focal point for Muslims around the world, unifying them in worship and symbolizing their common belief, spiritual focus and direction. Interestingly, the inside of the Kaaba is empty.

30) The hajj is a simultaneous pilgrimage to the Kaaba made by millions of Muslims each year. It is performed to commemorate the struggles of Abraham, Ismail and Hagar in submitting their wills to God.

Masha'Allah , great thread

barak allaho fekom

Salam alekum

i want share here by file talking about THE MIRACLE OF NUMBERS

THE HOLY QURAN

Allah bless all

ÌÒÇßã Çááå ßá ÎíÑ[using large font size is not allowed]

Quran_miracles_part1.doc

Hi, I am new at this so forgive me if i bore you!

I hav some interesting and unusual facts about Islam:

The Quran says that we should stand up for ourselves and that we can harm people, but only if they harm us....

However, the Quran also says that we should not fight sin with sin, and that we should realise the weakness of others and not fight or cuss at all!

Which one do you agree with??

Hi, I am new at this so forgive me if i bore you!

I hav some interesting and unusual facts about Islam:

The Quran says that we should stand up for ourselves and that we can harm people, but only if they harm us....

However, the Quran also says that we should not fight sin with sin, and that we should realise the weakness of others and not fight or cuss at all!

Which one do you agree with??

Our opinions should always be founded on the word of Allah. The Qur'an never tells us to fight non-Muslims (or anyone for that matter) by cussing or by sinning. It does, however, teach us to fight injustice and to defend Islam and the welfare of the Muslim ummah. It is not a sin to do what Allah has prescribed for us.

Salam.

Assalamu Aleikum

There id actually a very good website regarding this topic that I know of. Its link is below if brothers and sisters want to check it out. Beautiful topic though. Very nice stuff in here. Alhamdulillah.

######quranicsciences(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/DidYouKnow.asp

Wassalaam.

:sl: / Peace

Some facts on the Quran...(if the below facts are wrong the error lies in the author and from me in copying this, if it is right, it is from Allah subhaanawataallah)

[*]The Holy Quran has 30 parts

[*]The Holy Quran has 114 surahs

[*][bold]Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Raheem is repeated 114 times in the Quran.

:sl: / Peace

[

sorry but only 113 surah have Bismillah on them! surah 9 (tauba) doesnt

OK try to do these and get reward!

1. You should read Ayat ul kursi after every prayer (put your hand on your forehead/head) this will save you from the heat of Qiyamat

2. You should read "Allahumma Ajarni minan nar" seven times after Fajr & Maghrib prayers - this will save you from hellfire

3. You should read point no 2 as many times as you possibly can - Because when you pray to Allah to save you from Hell fire, the Hell fire prays to Allah to save you from hell fire, besides reciting that so many times may make Allah bestow his mercy on you

4. You should recite Durood upon Prophet Muhammed. Done once everytime will give you 10 rewards, increase your status 10 times, wash 10 sins from you.

5. If you want to see Prophet Muhammed (:sal:) in your dreams then do point no 4 loads of times.

6. If you want Allah to wash away your minor sins then pray five times a day for each pray will wash away your previous sins. eg: if you pray fajr and then do a minor sin & read zuhr, that sin will be washed away

7. Similarly to point 6, Each Ramadan washes away you sin from the last ramadan to this ramadan & same with Hajj.

8. I have heard this one so not too sure: recite 200 * Surah Ikhlas will wash away 50 years worth of your past sins.

9. You should make a habit of trying to read Kalma Tayyab everytime you wake up from sleep, this MAY help you when you wake up in your grave to recite it automatically.

10. You should do these five things every night before going to sleep:

1. Read Surah Ikhlas 3 times

2. Recite Durood on Prophet Muhammed 10 times

3. Recite "Subhan Allahi Wal hamdu lillahi wala ilaha illallaho wallahuakbar allahoakbar walillahilhamd" 10 times

4. recite "Allahuma innaka afuwan tuhibul fa' fu anna ya ghafoor ya ghafoor ya ghafoor" 10 times

5. There was a fifth thing that i have forgotten.

11. Do Tasbeeh Fatima after each prayer 33 Subhan Allah, 33 Alhamdu lillah & 34 times Allahu Akbar.

12. It is stated that you should do point 11 at night time before going to sleep

13. It is also stated that you should read Ayatul kursi & do anything good you can so in case of your death, the last thing you would have done is good. (if you follow the logic)

14. You should recite Surah Al-Qadr 3x after making Wudhoo.

15. You should make wudhoo for every prayer if possible.

16. doing wudhoo washes your sins

17. Try to recite different surahs in your prayers rather than sticking to Surah Ikhlas all the time.

18. Try to do Nafal prayers after your fard prayers for extra reward

[points 6,7,8: only the sins like if you have hurt a muslim brother or have a debt etc will not be washed away because this is other peoples right over you, you need to repent to them i.e ask for forgiveness or repay debt etc etc]

[point 10: this is a hadeeth by Prophet Muhammed who asked Ali to do 5 things before going to sleep and those were:

1. Read Whole Quran

2. Make two muslim brother be happy with each other ie if they are not talking

3. spend 100 (or 1000) camels in the way of Allah

4 & 5 were something like that.

And Ali said: I cant do these things in the whole night and Prophet then replied with what i have said in my point 10]

Edited by shez

Salaam

Islam is not only the fastest growing religion in the world but it is also the biggest religion in the world, passing Catholicism.

Christianity is not viewed as a whole religion since catholics believe that the other denominations are wrong.

In Islam, there is no compulsion, hence, Islam was not spread by the sword but from its truth and beauty.

Allah has sent down 5 books of guidance to people. (in order) Suhuf to hazrat Ibrahim, Taurat to hazrat Musah, Zabur to hazrat Daood, Injil to Hazrat Isa and finally the Quran to hazrat Muhammed sallalahu alayhi wasalaam.

Not only could hazrat Daood speak to animals and jinn, but he could mould iron with his bare hands.

Walikumasalaam

Salaam

Islam is not only the fastest growing religion in the world but it is also the biggest religion in the world, passing Catholicism.

Christianity is not viewed as a whole religion since catholics believe that the other denominations are wrong.

Walikumasalaam

if that is the case then one can argue that Islam is not the fastest growing religion either since there are so many sects with each sect claiming they are the right ones

Asalaamualaikum

if that is the case then one can argue that Islam is not the fastest growing religion either since there are so many sects with each sect claiming they are the right ones

What you say is true, that every sect believes that they are correct, however they do not belive that every other sect is not following Islam. While a sect's interpretation of some Islamic beliefs are different, it does not mean that they view other sect's interpreation as being completly wrong and not obeying Allah or following The Prophet sullalahu alaihi wasalaam's sunnah.

Howver for Christianity, Catholics actually condemn the practises of other denominations, they think that they are not following Christinaity. Hence, the reason why catholics call st benedict the pope and not other sects.(i am not sure if they condemn all sects or only a few).

Do u see the slight difference bro?

Monsignor Vittorio Formenti, compilier of the Annuario Pontificio, the Vatican yearbook was stated as saying "For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us." He said that figures for 2006 showed that Catholics accounted for 17.4 per cent of the world population while Muslims accounted for 19.2 per cent.

Walikumasalaam

Asalaamualaikum

What you say is true, that every sect believes that they are correct, however they do not belive that every other sect is not following Islam. While a sect's interpretation of some Islamic beliefs are different, it does not mean that they view other sect's interpreation as being completly wrong and not obeying Allah or following The Prophet sullalahu alaihi wasalaam's sunnah.

Howver for Christianity, Catholics actually condemn the practises of other denominations, they think that they are not following Christinaity. Hence, the reason why catholics call st benedict the pope and not other sects.(i am not sure if they condemn all sects or only a few).

Do u see the slight difference bro?

Monsignor Vittorio Formenti, compilier of the Annuario Pontificio, the Vatican yearbook was stated as saying "For the first time in history, we are no longer at the top: Muslims have overtaken us." He said that figures for 2006 showed that Catholics accounted for 17.4 per cent of the world population while Muslims accounted for 19.2 per cent.

Walikumasalaam

True but remember the hadeeth of Prophet that said that my Ummah will be split into 73/72 sects and only one of those will go to heaven, whilst I dont call shai's kafir or Wahabis or whoever Kafir (except Qadyanis) according to this hadeeth only one of us will go to heaven which means only one of us is on the right path besides I dont pray behind someone who has a different aqeedah to me.

Asalaamualaikum

True but remember the hadeeth of Prophet that said that my Ummah will be split into 73/72 sects and only one of those will go to heaven, whilst I dont call shai's kafir or Wahabis or whoever Kafir (except Qadyanis) according to this hadeeth only one of us will go to heaven which means only one of us is on the right path besides I dont pray behind someone who has a different aqeedah to me.

Right. Thats first time i've heard about this hadeeth. so are you saying that you dont consider anyone else being a muslim except your own aqeedah?

Walikumasalaam

just follow the quran, it is simple.

Did you know that the current crisis we are going through today has already been mentioned in the Quran. Verily Allah said, to the nearest meaning Riba (interest) will dissapear but Sadaqah shall stay and multiply.

The economic crisis that we are going through is in fact the interest being drowned out and dissapearing while Sadaqah multiplies and keeps forwarding (masjids keeps multiplying in every region you go, maddrassah and money for charity is everywhere and keeps on growing).

Sorry if it seems confusing to others, I heard this today during a lecture I listened to in the Masjid.

[

sorry but only 113 surah have Bismillah on them! surah 9 (tauba) doesnt

Yes, but "Bismillah ..." still occurs 114 times in the Quran.

Salam,

Is this not promoting sects in Islam? Please ponder over again. How did it make all the outfits satisfied by keeping one as an exception; that it is on the right and all others are on the wrong? The Quran, about the sects, had said: (23:53) Every sect is in this wrong presumption that it is on the right. In other words it means the Quran, with the words of (all outfits), had closed all the back doors that pave way to the wrong satisfaction of sectarianism. But this Hadith, with the exception of "one sect", made this back door wide open. Now our history spread over almost 1000 years is a witness to the stark fact that in the garb of this exception, every sect is busy in the "Grand Jehad" of adjudging itself as the one to be on the right and all others on the wrong. The hobby of issuing fatwa of kufr against one another is continuously pouring right from the first day. pathetic!

wassalam