Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allah's Slave

Sweet Rice !

salaam alaikum,

hi i just wanted to remind everyone about a simple way to make plain white rice taste much better and compliment any dish. while the rice is still hot, add some butter and brown sugar...stir and voila! sweet rice. it's the illest, and most simple for college students... :D

wassalaam

AS

PropellerAds

salaam alaikum,

Come on friend, this is the FOOD section! No place to bicker about a signature. PM me and i'll tell you why i chose it. B)

wassalaam,

AS

:D

I wasn't asking why you chose it brother..

Avoid his "philosophies" Allah's Slave.. I used to listen to his tripe :P

Alot of kufr is incorporated in it.. Wouldn't want it to effect your imaan somehow.. Consciously or subconciously..

Anyway, dont like sweet rice.. :D

salaam alaikum,

bint ali, you are understood & it's ok not to like sweet rice, i like you anyway :D don't worry about tupac affecting my iman. I did not always consider myself muslim, but his words drove me to seek knowledge in general & that led to my acceptance of Islam. now that i am a practicing muslim, and particularly since its ramadan, i am listening to less and less music. in addition, the message of music is no longer absorbed by my heart and brain because i know there is only one true message, and that is the word of Islam!

wassalaam

AS

Now, I know u guyz just gotta knack to go off topic...no matter what/how/when/why. Talented.. :D

Anyhow, I love sweet rice. :P Nice stuff.

:w:

salaam alaikum,

OHHHH mm_ca04, how right you are. I am never able to stay on task, especially in class, i'm too curious about others. I am glad you like the sweet rice. As much as I like it, I do hold it in contempt because it is one of the only 4 things i can cook so it gets reeeeal old...plus it will probably rot my teeth if im not careful.

wassalaam,

AS

Sweet rice :D however, I must cut down on the sugary food…not good for me apparently :D

Funny how sugar and butter gets to everything huh!

I know butter gives rice a lovely silky texture..but sugar...that's outting me off but i'm open to trying it ...and persuading u to pay my dental bills :D !

We tried to give this to my younger bro (who has MANY food allergies and health problems), but he just wants to eat the brown sugar. :D

Do have any similar/other rice ideas? If so please post them. He has lost a lot of weight. We really need to get him to eat stuff instead of just drinking goat milk. :'(

salaam alaikum,

We tried to give this to my younger bro (who has MANY food allergies and health problems), but he just wants to eat the brown sugar.  :D

Do have any similar/other rice ideas? If so please post them. He has lost a lot of weight. We really need to get him to eat stuff instead of just drinking goat milk. :'(

that sounds like a rough situation. the only other variation ive seen with rice was at iftar in the local Islamic center. the rice included almonds and raisins for some flavor. insha'Allah your bro will be able to digest this. i'm sorry i can't offer more help, i'm a terrible cook.

wassalaam

AS

He's allergic to nuts too akhi. The list of his allergies, even to medications is very long, that sometimes we forget and have to check. He's allergic to wheat, flour, nuts, fish except cod fish I think, but he might be allergic to that too because when you're allergic to one fish, you're allergic to all. beef, cow milk, strawberries, rasberries, peas, lentils, coconut, soy, anything made of soy, food coloring, artificial flavors, preservatives, etc.

He is mostly on goat milk and french fries. Sometimes he will eat chicken and rice. He thinks he's allergic to everything, and he wants to eat everything.

:D alhumdulilah ala kulli haal.

salaam alaikum,

Ummammaar:

I wish there was something I could do to help you. I feel like I'm letting you and your bro down :D

Insha'Allah I will think of something...

wassalaam

AS

It's Allah's Decree. Not in your hands or mine. Just have to be patient and accept His will and be content with it even if it seems bad because only He knows what is good for us.

I am so sorry ... that innocent soul has to suffer like this ..... well ..if diet to him is limited ... let him eat that his heart desires .... since he needs to gain weight ... instead of french fries ... why dont you bake food based on potatoes ... there can be many possibilities ... you can use the goats milk to make Cheese or cream ... or infact fact butter for your little bro .... The possibilities are limitless .... i think these allergies are due to deficiency of vitamins ... mostly vitamin C ... once in a while try to give him capsules and stuffz ....

Allah ... i feel really sad .... i just Wish i could help the little fella ... if therez anything i could do for him ... plz PM me ... he is like my WITTLE BRO AS WELL :P ....

Do give him this hug :D from me :P

Yes, we're trying different things like goat milkshake, goatmilk cheese, but it does not appeal to him because he thinks he's allergic to that too. Allahul mustaan.

Edited by ummammaar