Islamic Forum
iftikharalam

Al Shabab In Hunt Of Pirates.... Bbc

umm yes actually when you call yourself somalikid your implying that your a somalikid which is a little misleading when replying to a topic about somalia. it does'nt make sense for you to call yourself something your not especially a nationality, but i guess you can call yourself what you want this is the net..either way that's not what i meant, you remind me of someone that used to be on this site and got repeatedly banned but continued to come back, and i have'nt been on this site for a long time but if that's you, you have way too much time on your hands.

also in regards to these pirates, whether these ships are 200 miles or 500 miles away from our coast is not the main issue, these countries do carry out illegal dumping on our coasts and steal our resources, not to mention the dumping that they do infects our waters which infects our fish which in turn effects our people.

also most of the time they do come into our waters and since somalia does not have a functioning government they think they can do whatever they want.

You are making excuses for piracy on the high seas . What you said has nothing to do with why the pirates are doing what they are doing . What will happen eventually is that just as in the Barbary Wars , and international naval presence will be sent , and the pirates will be blown out of the water , which is what pirates deserve .

PropellerAds

That's just another way of making an excuse . These ships are in international waters , they are not dumping nuclear waste and I doubt these pirates even care who is fishing in their waters .

You said , you are sympathizing , so why dont you sympathize for murderers .

You are making excuses for piracy on the high seas . What you said has nothing to do with why the pirates are doing what they are doing . What will happen eventually is that just as in the Barbary Wars , and international naval presence will be sent , and the pirates will be blown out of the water , which is what pirates deserve .

no i'm not making excuses the main reason this type of piracy happened was because somali fisherman were fed up with foreigners polluting our waters, causing incurable diseases and stealing our resources. for all the harm that these countries have done they should be made to pay up. plain and simple. now these pirates may not 100% right and i don't doubt their doing it for money but this whole piracy business started off because of illegal dumping.

as for the international community doing anything, don't hold your breath it's not going to happen.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdigitaljournal(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/261147"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetdigitaljournal(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/article/261147[/url]

Edited by lateefah

Assalamualikum

Just some advice and a reminder to the Muslims

All the Muslim lands are yours.. not just Somalia..Iraq belongs to you.. Pakistan ...Indonesia, Egypt, Palestine.. Turkey, All Muslim lands belong to the Muslims.. And we Muslims must view ourselves as one Ummah.. and not as people divided by fake borders and boundaries aimed at preventing our unity. It's like a family divided.. yet a family can in real never be divided. So we Muslims are one family.. And a Muslim from Pakistan should worry about his people in Somalia.. and vice versa.. :sl: And we should be worried about our people in India or Indonesia or Iraq, etc... :sl:

all muslim lands our important and any injustice that happens anywhere in the ummah affects all muslims. but i am somali this doesn't take away from the fact that i am also a muslim but this topic is about somalia. this may come across as divisive but only somalis truly understand what's going on in somalia, the situation in somalia is complicated it's not as simple as the links both the muslims and non muslims on this site post all the time because they see an opportunity to debase each other, somalia's problems go deeper than al shabaab, pirates and the gov't and both muslims and non-muslims on this board are taking sides based on their own predjudices against each other, selfish on both sides. so excuse the "our" i'm just trying to prove a point.

salaam

It makes me wonder how piracy can do what billions of dollars of international aid couldn't do.

But, yeah, pirates = bad.

that's a strange way of looking at this issue, questioner. the donors of the billions of dollars never meant their aids to help those people to stand on their own feet (if anything it is still for their own benefits). and we have to confront this issue first before believing in another false notion. CD and DVD piracy is a thriving business in some southeast asian countries, and it helps many people, too.

it's time for all of us to give a serious thought of ending a problem by examining the core issues, or we'll be trapped in vicious circle forever.

wassalam,

y

######you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetflipflopflyin(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/g/piracy.jpg[/img]

Piracy is bad :sl:

i don't think it's meant to impress non muslims.

Ysnov, the OP wondered if "westerners" would appreciate it. I replied that they wouldn't if only attacks on Muslim-owned shipping was considered a problem. Keep up.

Ysnov, the OP wondered if "westerners" would appreciate it. I replied that they wouldn't if only attacks on Muslim-owned shipping was considered a problem. Keep up.

your people love to believe that muslims kill one another, including in somalia. now try to appreciate this simple fact that here they are trying to help their brothers' ship. try to appreciate this brotherhood that they are helping one another.

since when those people have any obligations to defend and protect any non muslims' ships? why would they risk their lives and waste their resources for some some non muslim capitalists' ships when they can use such resources for their own immediate needs?

wassalam,

y

The OP wondered if "the west" would be grateful that they were rescuing a ship. I replied.

The OP wondered if "the west" would be grateful that they were rescuing a ship. I replied.

the word used was 'appreciate', not grateful. don't be so manipulative

wassalam,

y

'appreciate' has several meanings. In the sense that you are (disingenuously) using, I certainly do appreciate that some Muslims are not prepared to help anyone except other Muslims.

'appreciate' has several meanings.

good, you got it. it doesn't have to mean grateful.

wassalam,

y

So you mean the OP's question was asking whether or not "the west" would understand that the Somalis didn't act against piracy until a Muslim-owned ship was attacked. My answer is 'yes'.

So you mean the OP's question was asking whether or not "the west" would understand that the Somalis didn't act against piracy until a Muslim-owned ship was attacked. My answer is 'yes'.

They did so about the same time they began gaining control of regions of Somalia. Maybe they didn't have the effort to dedicate to pirates while they were fighting the Ethiopians?

Salam.

that's your negative conclusion as a typical westerner. as i told you before, fighting against pirates need vast resources.

wassalam,

y

Well, apparently not - it seems to involve sriving cars to pirate hangouts, apparently.

I'm not sure why "the west" is being posited as the other side here. Japan, Korea and China have enormous merchant fleets.

FYI - here's the top 10 of merchant shipping owners (I'm surprised S Korea isn't in it). The total number of ships is pretty evenly spread between "the west" (about 10,000) and the rest (about 9000).

1. Japan - 3962

2. Greece - 3032

3. Germany - 2321

4. China - 1999

5. USA - 1963

6. Russia - 1872

7. Norway - 1458

8. Singapore - 1122

9. Netherlands - 1016

10. UK - 957

Well, apparently not - it seems to involve sriving cars to pirate hangouts, apparently.

i'll repeat: that's your negative conclusion as a typical westerner. the west can't do enough to end their own oppression in afghanistan, iraq, and elsewhere, but expect that some muslim groups in somalia must jump at the first opportunity to rescue their kafir's ships that are being hijacked.

wassalam,

y

LOL! I expect nothing at all. I was responding to the OP's question.

LOL! I expect nothing at all. I was responding to the OP's question.

you expect nothing at all after saying this?

if they only have a problem with pirates attacking Muslim ships, then of course non-Muslims won't be impressed

That's right. The OP asked if the west would "appreciate", and I replied. You haven't disagreed which what I said.

By the way, as another example that it isn't just "the west" involved, today the Indian navy captured some pirates attacking an Ethiopian-registered ship.

That's right. The OP asked if the west would "appreciate", and I replied. You haven't disagreed which what I said.

and i noticed your expectation from the reply.

wassalam,

y

The OP's expectation was that "the west" (and the other major maritime nations, presumably) should be grateful for the action against pirates. I pointed out that if there was only action against pirates when a Muslim-owned ship was attacked, it was unlikely.

So far you haven't disagreed with that. I don't know what you are arguing.