Islamic Forum
iftikharalam

Al Shabab In Hunt Of Pirates.... Bbc

The OP's expectation was that "the west" (and the other major maritime nations, presumably) should be grateful for the action against pirates.

so how many meaning does the word appreciate have again?

wassalam,

y

PropellerAds

Several. I've given my response to both of the ones currently under discussion and you have not actually disagreed with either of them.

If "appreciate" means "be gratefull" (as the context clearly suggest the OP meant it), then my answer is no, the non-Muslim maritime nations will not be gratefull if action is taken only if Muslim-owned ships are attacked.

If "appreciate " means "understand", then my asnwer is yes, I understand that the Muslims (to use your usage - I'd prefer to say "some Muslims in Somalia") only respond when a Muslim-owned ship is attacked.

If "appreciate " means "understand", then my asnwer is yes, I understand that the Muslims (to use your usage - I'd prefer to say "some Muslims in Somalia") only respond when a Muslim-owned ship is attacked.

it's too early to draw conclusion at this point

wassalam,

y

The OP drew conclusions. I responded to them.

what conclusion did he draw?

wassalam,

y

He implied that "the west" would not 'appreciate' this. Redeem stated it.

that's not a conclusion by OP, but a question

wassalam,

y

since you can't even differentiate between conclusion and question, i have little hope with you. bye troof ...

And was he wrong? Was I wrong? Considering the excuses you were giving.

Salam.

I'm not saying you were wrong. I agreed with you and gave my reason.

I'm not at all sure what Yasnov is being argumentative about here.

:sl:

Imam Anwar Al-Awlaki recently contacted Al-Shabab to express his support for their cause. Some of you might recall the imam, he gives excellent lectures about Islam, masha'Allah, and he was also jailed in Yemen a while ago with authority from the U.S.

Here is what he wrote on his blog to Al-Shabab:

We are following your recent news and it fills our hearts with immense joy. We would like to congratulate you for your victories and achievements.

Al-Shabab not only have succeeded in expanding the areas that fall under their rule but they have succeeded in implementing the sharia and giving us a living example of how we as Muslims should proceed to change our situation. The ballot has failed us but the bullet has not.

al-Shabab who are with limited resources in an impoverished country are a manifestation of what tawakul on Allah means. We see in them the meaning of “And whoever has taqwa, Allah will make a way out for him. And will provide for him from where he does not expect.†[al-Talaaq 2-3]

The university of the battlefield that al-Shabab have chosen to study at, which is teaching them lessons in honor and steadfastness will prove to be a better tarbiyyah method than the Islamic universities run by Green Zone Scholars under governments headed by pimps that teach them the fiqh of weakness and humiliation.

The university of Somalia will graduate an alumni of judges, administrators, enjoiners of good and forbiders of evil, capable and tested leaders, teachers, imams, and fighters who are hardened by the field and ready to carry on with no fear and hesitation. It will provide its graduates with the hands-on experience that the ummah greatly needs for its next stage.

But their success depends on your support. It is the responsibility of the ummah to help them with men and money.

Al-Shabab have already started a program of enforcement of law that would bring peace and security to the people. They are also applying hudud and fighting against innovations that have been around for centuries. We ask Allah to grant them success.

I would like to take this opportunity to advise my brothers to be kind and soft with the masses; to excuse them for centuries of ignorance and false beliefs; to teach first and hold responsible last. I would advise you to go by certainty and to leave doubts; to prefer forgiveness over revenge. The masses of the people are suffering from the illnesses of tribalism, ignorance, and a campaign of defamation of sharia. Therefore you need to win the hearts and minds of the people and take them back to their fitrah.

Dear brothers may Allah guide you and grant you victory. Only Allah knows that if my circumstances would have allowed I would not have hesitated in joining you and being a soldier in your ranks.

Assalamu alaykum

Your Brother

Anwar al-Awlaki

The response he received from Al-Shabab:

Reply to the Greeting and Advice of Sheikh Anwar AlAwlaki

Sabti 29 Dul-Xijjah 1429 (27/12/2008)

ÈÓã Çááå ÇáÑÃãä ÇáÑÃíã

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æ ÑÃãÉ Çááå

Reply to the Greeting and Advice of Sheikh Anwar

O beloved Sheikh Anwar,

We ask Allah to reward you for your encouragement and words of advice. Your words have reached us and, by the will of Allah, we will benefit from your recommendations. The enemies of Islam are increasing their efforts more and more these days and are directing more attention to the media battle and the battle for the “hearts and minds.†As we have seen even recently, they are continuously throwing accusations at those who want to live by the law of the Creator. For example, we can take the issue of the stoning of the woman in Kismayo. The disbelievers have falsely reported that she was 13 years old, unmarried, and was raped. The reality and truth is that she was over 20 years old, married, and was practicing adultery. This is just one example of how they twist the news, so we would like to take this opportunity to advise our brothers not to believe any news reported about us except from our official Media Department.

Sheikh, we look to you as one of the very few scholars who stand firm upon the truth and defend the honor of the Mujahideen and the Muslims by continuously uncovering the feeble plots of the enemies of Allah. Allah knows how many of the brothers and sisters have been affected by your work so we ask you to continue the important effort you are doing wherever you are and never to fear the blame of the blamers. Keep us in your invocations as you know this path is always full of trials and Allah tests those that He loves. We ask Allah to guide the Muslims and to open their eyes to the plots of their enemies and to give them the strength and success to hold firmly to the rope of Allah. We ask Allah to protect you and all of those who are standing for the truth. We ask Allah to join us together in this world and in the highest of Paradise. O Sheikh, we would not only look at you as only a soldier, but as the likes of Ibn Taymiya during the trials of the Ta’tars.

Your brothers from Shabab Al-Mujahidin.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetanwar-alawlaki(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/category/myblog/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetanwar-alawlaki(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/category/myblog/[/url]

Destruction of places of Shirk and public flogging conducted by Al-Shabab:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=RPWI-p9Kl4g"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=RPWI-p9Kl4g[/url]

Shirk is one of the ugliest things that ignorance has left on Somalia. I can't imagine just how much of the country is involved in it, either through rituals/ceremonies of praising the dead, or invoking the great scholars for their assistance. In any case, I'm glad to see that Al-Shabab is publicly denouncing these places. Reminds me of prophet Ibrahim and how he destroyed the idols his people had taken in place of their creator.

Destruction of places of Shirk and public flogging conducted by Al-Shabab:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=RPWI-p9Kl4g"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetyoutube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/watch?v=RPWI-p9Kl4g[/url]

Shirk is one of the ugliest things that ignorance has left on Somalia. I can't imagine just how much of the country is involved in it, either through rituals/ceremonies of praising the dead, or invoking the great scholars for their assistance. In any case, I'm glad to see that Al-Shabab is publicly denouncing these places. Reminds me of prophet Ibrahim and how he destroyed the idols his people had taken in place of their creator.

Masha Allah

May Allah keep them upon the right path

way to make enemies out of the sufi's, not only have their actions been condemned by sufi's but by other salafi's as well and by most somalis at home and the diaspora.

sufi's have their reasons for what they do and why they do it and it is best if al shabaab left them alone. you cannot force your beliefs on other muslims, we are all too different and killing fellow muslims and descrating their graves at this time is wrong.

i'm seriously starting to dislike this group more and more everyday

salaam

way to make enemies out of the sufi's, not only have their actions been condemned by sufi's but by other salafi's as well and by most somalis at home and the diaspora.

sufi's have their reasons for what they do and why they do it and it is best if al shabaab left them alone. you cannot force your beliefs on other muslims, we are all too different and killing fellow muslims and descrating their graves at this time is wrong.

i'm seriously starting to dislike this group more and more everyday

salaam

Sufi? Is that what it means to make shrines for the dead people and commit the biggest sin that makes someone a kaffir?

Sister, you can't seriously be suggesting that, so that people's feelings aren't hurt or their beliefs aren't offended, the worship of the dead should be allowed?

What would prophet Muhammad do if he were to see the shrines? Would he say "Oh, they belong to sufi/sunni/shi'a/salafi/etc? Well, leave 'em alone, they have their reasons!" Of course not

Prophet Muhammad made an example of the Ka'bah when he had the Pagan idols removed, and prophet Ibrahim made an example of his nation when he destroyed their idols. ANY Muslim who looks the other way when they see Shirk being flaunted (especially in the heart of a Muslim nation) should wonder what prevents them from seeing the magnitude of this horrible sin.

Allah revealed verses on what happened to the people of prophet Nuh when they made statues of the righteous people who had lived among them. The people began to worship the statues when they forgot that the statues had only been for the sake of honoring the dead. The same is happening in Somalia. The people have built shrines to honor and rever the dead and they commit Shirk each time they go near these shrines.

I hope that every single last one of those shrines is destroyed, and the people are taught just how big of a sin their utterances toward the dead are, so that they can have the chance to repent. Because to die while committing these acts is to die as a disbeliever and we should never treat the issue lightly.

Sufi? Is that what it means to make shrines for the dead people and commit the biggest sin that makes someone a kaffir?

Sister, you can't seriously be suggesting that, so that people's feelings aren't hurt or their beliefs aren't offended, the worship of the dead should be allowed?

What would prophet Muhammad do if he were to see the shrines? Would he say "Oh, they belong to sufi/sunni/shi'a/salafi/etc? Well, leave 'em alone, they have their reasons!" Of course not

Prophet Muhammad made an example of the Ka'bah when he had the Pagan idols removed, and prophet Ibrahim made an example of his nation when he destroyed their idols. ANY Muslim who looks the other way when they see Shirk being flaunted (especially in the heart of a Muslim nation) should wonder what prevents them from seeing the magnitude of this horrible sin.

Allah revealed verses on what happened to the people of prophet Nuh when they made statues of the righteous people who had lived among them. The people began to worship the statues when they forgot that the statues had only been for the sake of honoring the dead. The same is happening in Somalia. The people have built shrines to honor and rever the dead and they commit Shirk each time they go near these shrines.

I hope that every single last one of those shrines is destroyed, and the people are taught just how big of a sin their utterances toward the dead are, so that they can have the chance to repent. Because to die while committing these acts is to die as a disbeliever and we should never treat the issue lightly.

first of sister you should'nt be so hasty in supporting something,

sufi's do not see these graves as shrines, i have never heard any sufi ask a dead saint for help nor have i seen any of them worship graves and i know a great many sufi's. shirk is a serious crime in Islam and falsely accusing other muslims of commiting shirk is also a very grave crime too. where are the statues they worship? is visiting the dead and praying for them a crime in Islam?

who told you these graves were shrines? alshabaab?

is the prophets grave a shrine?

comparing the actions of the people of the prophet ibrahim who tried to kill him and the actions of the people of makkah who were idol worshippers, practiced infanticide, incest and god knows what else to muslim people who say the shahada, who pray their five daily prayers, and who pay their zakat and fast in ramadan etc.,is way out of line.

did the prophet not say there would 73 different groups on the last day, it all comes down to interpretation and people will interpret things differently, and if you feel their wrong and ignorant than you need dialogue attacking them and descrating their graves will gain nothing except cause more enmity.

why are the alshabaab at this very moment killing other muslims in galgaduud. is this halaal? is it halal to dig up the graves of the dead and scatter their bones?

salaam

first of sister you should'nt be so hasty in supporting something,

sufi's do not see these graves as shrines, i have never heard any sufi ask a dead saint for help nor have i seen any of them worship graves and i know a great many sufi's. shirk is a serious crime in Islam and falsely accusing other muslims of commiting shirk is also a very grave crime too. where are the statues they worship? is visiting the dead and praying for them a crime in Islam?

Firstly, building shrines on grave sights is an innovation on Islam, and as prophet Muhammad said: "Whosoever introduces into this affair of ours (i.e. into Islam) something that does not belong to it, it is to be rejected." Let's get that one clear.

Secondly, Shirk is not only asking dead people for help. It is the supplications toward the dead, even in the manner of praising them, that can be Shirk. It is the reverance and love felt for anything and anyone, to the extent that one feels more attachment to it than Allah and His messenger. And most importantly, it is the belief that dead people can intercede for you.

You can't deny that people ask things from dead scholars. "Oh Sheikh Abdulkhadir! If you help me have a child, I'll slaughter two goats!" People go to these graves and they slaughter animals, ask favors from dead scholars, praise them through the night and believe they receive blessings through these rituals.

And thirdly, it's rather sad of you to continue implying that everyone is out to get sufi people. Islam is not built on sects, and any sect that deviates from the path of prophet Muhammad reserves no rights. Period.

There is absolutely no reason that anyone should build a shrine over a grave. And there is no reason that anyone should visit a grave except to get closer to Allah by being reminded of death and the hereafter.

I'm Somali, but first and foremost, I'm Muslim. And I reject any excuses brought forth for anyone who builds holy sites over graveyards. You mention prophet Muhammad's grave? People go there every year and worship it. Astagfirullah.

Heh. And who told you they weren't?

comparing the actions of the people of the prophet ibrahim who tried to kill him and the actions of the people of makkah who were idol worshippers, practiced infanticide, incest and god knows what else to muslim people who say the shahada, who pray their five daily prayers, and who pay their zakat and fast in ramadan etc.,is way out of line.

Comparing Shirk with Shirk is VERY appropriate. Just because someone wears the tag of Islam on their sleeve gives them no right to do unIslamic things. Prophet Muhammad and prophet Ibrahim gave us examples on how to deal with personification of Shirk. There are NO excuses for tolerating Shirk; an honest, sincere man who prays five times a day and asks favors from dead "saints" should be dealt with in the same way as a lying, cheating thief who worships five different idols every night. Both commit Shirk and both should be corrected immediately. The first step to correction is the removal of anything that is a product of Shirk.

did the prophet not say there would 73 different groups on the last day, it all comes down to interpretation and people will interpret things differently,

No. What it comes down to is following the Qur'an and the Sunnah of prophet Muhammad. And nothing in Islam supports the building of holy sites on graveyards or the visiting of the dead for the sake of honoring and revering them.

and if you feel their wrong and ignorant than you need dialogue attacking them and descrating their graves will gain nothing except cause more enmity.

Umar Bin Khattab was well-known for destroying anything that threatened to mislead the people. If the prophets and the companions of the prophets took such a strong stance against this issue, why are we even arguing over it?

why are the alshabaab at this very moment killing other muslims in galgaduud. is this halaal? is it halal to dig up the graves of the dead and scatter their bones?

Al-Shabab could go to nightclubs and drink through the night and it would not lessen the rightness of what they did. There are many things they have done that I do not agree with. But this is one thing I fully support them on.

Dig up their graves and scatter their bones? Is that what they were doing in the video? Or were they destroying the shrines?

Firstly, building shrines on grave sights is an innovation on Islam, and as prophet Muhammad said: "Whosoever introduces into this affair of ours (i.e. into Islam) something that does not belong to it, it is to be rejectedLet's get that one clear.

again sister who said they were shrines? second many things we do today maybe considered bid'ah, many things we do today were not done during the prophet's time.

Secondly, Shirk is not only asking dead people for help. It is the supplications toward the dead, even in the manner of praising them, that can be Shirk. It is the reverance and love felt for anything and anyone, to the extent that one feels more attachment to it than Allah and His messenger.

what your point? what proof do you have to claim that these people were supplicating toward the dead, how do you know that they feel more attachment to these people than they do to Allah and the prophet? how do you know their intentions?, again do not make baseless accusations and slander people.

And thirdly, it's rather sad of you to continue implying that everyone is out to get sufi people. Islam is not built on sects, and any sect that deviates from the path of prophet Muhammad reserves no rights. Period.

where did i imply that everybody was out to get sufi people? are they out to get sufi people?

Islam was not built on sects but sadly muslims are whether we like it or not. even the prophet mentioned that we as muslims would divide into 73 different sects.

and whose to say who deviates from the path of the prophet. we as sunni's have 4 different madhabs each one of these sheiks interpreted the same things from the same sources differently, yet we believe each on of them was right. so who deviated? which one of them was wrong? who do we follow?

There is absolutely no reason that anyone should build a shrine over a grave. And there is no reason that anyone should visit a grave except to get closer to Allah by being reminded of death and the hereafter.

one of the reasons we visit graves is to be reminded of death, but in the seerah there are stories of the prophet visiting graves giving salaam to the inhabitants and praying for them

I'm Somali, but first and foremost, I'm Muslim. And I reject any excuses brought forth for anyone who builds holy sites over graveyards. You mention prophet Muhammad's grave? People go there every year and worship it. Astagfirullah.

whose implying things right now, where did i say people go to the prophets grave and worship don't put words in my mouth, i was just pointing out there is something built over the prophets grave, is it a shrine.

Comparing Shirk with Shirk is VERY appropriate. Just because someone wears the tag of Islam on their sleeve gives them no right to do unIslamic things.

like the people you support do? the same ones who are killing muslims at this very moment in galgaduud.

Dig up their graves and scatter their bones? Is that what they were doing in the video? Or were they destroying the shrines?

i was not only speaking of the video, they are at this very moment fighting with the ahlul sunnah wa jamaca in somalia, and yes they are digging up graves that they believe are shrines and scattering the bones.

Fighting between rival Somalia Islamists kills 12 27 Dec 2008 17:42:25 GMT

Source: Reuters

(Adds name of Islamist group, quotes, byline)

By Abdi Sheikh

MOGADISHU, Dec 27 (Reuters) - Twelve people were killed on Saturday when an Islamist group seized control of a central Somali town in a battle with hardline al Shabaab militants, residents said.

Al Shabaab, which means youth in Arabic, captured Gurael, 370 km (230 miles) north of the capital Mogadishu on Dec. 6, after three days of fighting with a government-allied moderate Sunni Islamist group in the area.

Locals said the Sunni Islamist group ousted by al Shabaab three weeks ago known as "Ahlu Sunna Waljamaca" had been regrouping and launched their attack on Saturday morning.

"I have counted 12 dead fighters lying in the alleys of Gurael," witness Ali Aden told Reuters. "Some of them were injured by a mortar that landed in the hospital. Others were hit by stray bullets," he added.

Al Shabaab, which is on Washington's list of foreign terrorist groups, and other more moderate rebel Islamist groups control all of the south and centre of Somalia except Mogadishu and Baidoa, the seat of parliament.

A spokesman from Ahlu Sunna Waljamaca said the group was fighting al Shabaab because they had killed several religious leaders and had desecrated graves, which he said was against Islam.

"We shall continue our war until we eliminate al Shabaab, they are not Muslims ... Gurael is under our control and soon all central regions will follow suit," Sheikh Abdullahi Sheikh Abu Yusuf told Reuters by telephone.

More than 10,000 civilians have been killed during the two-year insurgency, a million people uprooted and a third of the population need emergency aid in a humanitarian crisis that has been described as one of the worst in the world.

Ethiopian troops, which have been propping up the government since 2006, are due to withdraw from Somalia by the end of this month, and some diplomats and analysts fear their withdrawal will plunge Somalia further into anarchy.

Somalia's President Abdullahi Yusuf is expected to resign soon, bowing to pressure from western countries and regional leaders who accuse him of obstructing peace efforts aimed at including opposition groups in the country's government.

Analysts say Islamists must be included in peace talks with the government to ensure lasting peace in the chaotic country which has been without a central government for 17 years. (Writing by Wangui Kanina; Editing by Giles Elgood

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnytimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2008/12/29/world/africa/29somalia.html?ref=africa"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetnytimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2008/12/29/world/af...html?ref=africa[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalertnet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/thenews/newsdesk/LR216791.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalertnet(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/thenews/newsdesk/LR216791.htm[/url]

Edited by lateefah

again sister who said they were shrines? second many things we do today maybe considered bid'ah, many things we do today were not done during the prophet's time.

what your point? what proof do you have to claim that these people were supplicating toward the dead, how do you know that they feel more attachment to these people than they do to Allah and the prophet? how do you know their intentions?, again do not make baseless accusations and slander people.

Bid'ah is anything that is an innovation on religion. Cars, for example, are not Bid'ah. So I hope you don't include it in the category of "many things we do today". And if the whole world practiced Bid'ah, it wouldn't change the fact that building holy cites on graveyards is Bid'ah, if nothing else.

So your argument now is that not only did Al-Shabab lie when they said that they destroyed shrines built on graves, but that Al Jazeera, BBC, CNN, Somali news outlets, and etc were wrong?

And your other argument is that they and everyone else is wrong when they say that what happens at these types of shrines is that people ask favors of dead scholars and perform Dhikr?

Whatever happened to your other argument, where you said that they have their reasons for what they do and why they do it? Or are you now saying that they don't do it at all?

In all of the criticism and insults directed at Al-Shabab, no one has ever denied the purpose of the shrines. Not even the Somali people who're crying out against their actions. This is not a new issue in Somalia. It has existed for decades and I'm sure that even you, if you lived there when you were old enough to remember, might have either heard of it, or seen it.

But go ahead. Let's pretend it neeeever happened. Let's pretend that shrines have other purposes besides the ones I listed. Heck, let's pretend that the shrines we saw in the video don't exist.

Islam was not built on sects but sadly muslims are whether we like it or not. even the prophet mentioned that we as muslims would divide into 73 different sects.

Whether we like it or not? Huh? Prophet Muhammad's intention when he mentioned the 73 sects was not to tell us to tolerate and encourage one another in our divisions. It was to warn us and to remind us to follow the true path. There is nothing good about being divided into sects, even the Qur'an disapproves of it.

and whose to say who deviates from the path of the prophet. we as sunni's have 4 different madhabs each one of these sheiks interpreted the same things from the same sources differently, yet we believe each on of them was right. so who deviated? which one of them was wrong? who do we follow?

1) The four Madhabs have never differed on Tawhid or any other major issues of Islam. They have never differed on the issue of Shirk. The only differences are in issues of Fiqh or Sunnah, such as whether one's wudhu is broken if they touch their spouse, or where to place the hands during Salaat.

2) All four Madhabs encouraged Muslims to follow the Sunnah of prophet Muhammad.

3) All four have stated that if anything they say contradicts the Qur'an or Hadiths, what they say should be rejected.

4) All four of them have evidences for their teachings and these are based on the Sunnah of prophet Muhammad. For example, there is a hadith in which prophet Muhammad prayed with his hands crossed on his chest. There is another Hadith in which he prayed with his hands at his sides. Both forms of prayer are acceptable.

Don't make the mistake of comparing minor differences that are supported by Hadiths to major differences that take one of out Islam.

one of the reasons we visit graves is to be reminded of death, but in the seerah there are stories of the prophet visiting graves giving salaam to the inhabitants and praying for them

Prophet Muhammad encouraged Muslims to visit graves so that they can remember death. Never once did I say that he forbade them from praying for the dead. But let's not confuse praying for the dead, with praying to the dead. Heh, if you're trying to say that people build shrines on grave sights, ESPECIALLY in Somalia, so that they can pray for the dead, then you must not be familiar with the history of Somalia.

You're using denial as an easy escape route. Discussions of sects is not allowed on Gawaher so I won't go into the history of a particular sect in Somalia. However, I would advice you to familiarize yourself with it.

like the people you support do? the same ones who are killing muslims at this very moment in galgaduud.

I'm not too hesitant to denounce something, regardless of who does it. If Al-Shabab kills Muslims, then may Allah deal with them justly. But since they ARE Muslim (unlike the Ethiopians), I will also pray that Allah softens their hearts and makes them better leaders for Somalia.

i was not only speaking of the video, they are at this very moment fighting with the ahlul sunnah wa jamaca in somalia, and yes they are digging up graves that they believe are shrines and scattering the bones.

Lol, where was this reported? Who are the "Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a" (considering Al-Shabab is part of it)? Where are reports of grave robberies? And how does this relate to this particular occurrence, which you're easily dismissing?

When the Ethiopians and TFG were killing Somali people with aid from America, you blamed the people for the hardships in Somalia. When Al-Shabab kills people, you blame them. I've to wonder at the logic of this.

Source: Reuters

You seriously believe what Reuters writes? I hope you look to more news sources than they. If you have any respect for the Islamic Courts, you should be spitting at their name.

When you say "Ahlul Sunna Wal Jama'a", you mean Habargidir, don't you? My, they picked a lovely name for their little group especially since they follow the sect we discussed above.

This man is calling Al-Shabab kuffar. Yes, he sounds really innocent to me. Also, these men fought back against Al-Shabab. If Al-Shabab is guilty of killing Muslims, so is this group. But then again, I guess Al-Shabab isn't Muslim, right? According to this guy:

"We shall continue our war until we eliminate al Shabaab, they are not Muslims ... Gurael is under our control and soon all central regions will follow suit," Sheikh Abdullahi Sheikh Abu Yusuf told Reuters by telephone.

You seriously believe what Reuters writes? I hope you look to more news sources than they. If you have any respect for the Islamic Courts, you should be spitting at their name.

not necessarily but they did get the jist of what's going on.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethiiraan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethiiraan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetshabelle(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetshabelle(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

click on the radio parts and you will get live radio broadcasts that are in somali

When you say "Ahlul Sunna Wal Jama'a", you mean Habargidir, don't you? My, they picked a lovely name for their little group especially since they follow the sect we discussed above.

your very fond of making accusations aren't you? "Ahlul Sunna Wal Jama'a",are from every tribe in somalia, my mom's people follow this group and they are Dir- laxmar live in xeraale lol. and this group has been around for as long as somalia has been somalia. surprised you've never heard of them.Habargidir? don't bring qabyaaled into this please.

This man is calling Al-Shabab kuffar.

and al-shabaab called them mushriks. which is worse?

Yes, he sounds really innocent to me. Also, these men fought back against Al-Shabab. If Al-Shabab is guilty of killing Muslims, so is this group. But then again, I guess Al-Shabab isn't Muslim, right? According to this guy:

i never claimed the any group in somalia was innocent, but in this case this group was in the right. they did not attack anybody they were attacked and had no choice but to defend themselves, did you miss that part?

because of al shabaab's ambitions of ruling somalia and the world they attacked this group and now their running off with their tails between their legs

sad maybe now they'll talk unity.

inshallah i will reply to your other post later

salaam

not necessarily but they did get the jist of what's going on.

They didn't. They refer to Habargidir as a "Sunni Islamist Group", which its not. Habargidir, a tribe, had a dispute with Al-Shabab about who the elected leaders would be and they were not happy with the selections. They had their militia fight back against Al-Shabab, and these militia are hiding behind the name used by another group.

I see you cited Shabelle. Did you read their article on the issue in which the spokesman for Ahlu Sunnah Wal Jama'a denied involvement with this false group? Since I can't directly link, it's the article written at 12/28/2008 10:47:00 AM.

and al-shabaab called them mushriks. which is worse?

Called who mushriks? Grave/shrine worshippers?

your very fond of making accusations aren't you?

You have a tendency for misunderstanding things. Who exactly am I accusing here?

and this group has been around for as long as somalia has been somalia. surprised you've never heard of them.

And you make this assumption based on what? My sarcastic remark about how Al-Shabab (literally part of Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a) is supposedly fighting Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a?

There's Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a, which is what every Muslim should be. There's Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a, a sufi influenced movement in Somalia. And then there's this latest false Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a in Galinsoor.

Let's not confuse the last two especially.

don't bring qabyaaled into this please.

Galinsoor is a town controlled and populated by Habargidir. Tribalism has every part in this, because it was because of tribal reasons that the elders of Galinsoor rejected Al Shabab.

i never claimed the any group in somalia was innocent, but in this case this group was in the right. they did not attack anybody they were attacked and had no choice but to defend themselves, did you miss that part?

In one breath you state that you never claimed any group was innocent, in the next you claim that one group was right. Someone can't be guilty and still be right.

You know what part I missed? I missed the part of seeing you blame anyone but Al-Shabab. Your words are heavily drenched with venom directed at Al-Shabab, the second group to ever succeed at enforcing Islam on the people. This other group you applaud oh-so-much is threatening to take back other territories from Al-Shabab (which means it's not just about defending oneself), where is your outcry against that? Or is Al-Shabab fair game?

because of al shabaab's ambitions of ruling somalia and the world they attacked this group and now their running off with their tails between their legs

And there you have it. The biggest indication of your favoritism and bias is in the fact that you would use ugly words like "running off with their tail between their legs" to attribute to people fighting for the sake of Allah. Incredible.

Called who mushriks? Grave/shrine worshippers?

and who are the "Grave/shrine worshippers"?

And then there's this latest false Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a in Galinsoor.

all muslims should be Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a if we look at it theoritically, but there is group in somalia that are known specifically as the Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a and they are sufi.

Galinsoor is a town controlled and populated by Habargidir. Tribalism has every part in this, because it was because of tribal reasons that the elders of Galinsoor rejected Al Shabab.

and this has do with what i said how? how did galinsoor come into this arguement?, i was referring to the fighting going in galgaduud at this point in time. tribalism has absolutely nothing to with it. the intolerance of al- shabaab and their ideology of your either with us or with the infidels is the problem.

and why are you changing the subject, you know perfectly well which Ahlul Sunnah Wal Jama'a group i speak of due to the fact that the graves destroyed were sufi graves and the reason the latest fighting had occured is due to the desecration of these graves. how did habargidir and galinsoor come into this at all.

You know what part I missed? I missed the part of seeing you blame anyone but Al-Shabab. Your words are heavily drenched with venom directed at Al-Shabab, the second group to ever succeed at enforcing Islam on the people. This other group you applaud oh-so-much is threatening to take back other territories from Al-Shabab (which means it's not just about defending oneself), where is your outcry against that? Or is Al-Shabab fair game?

umm well seeing as alshabbab is causing most of the unrest in somalia right now they are to blame. who should i blame?

ethiopia? the ethiopians are opportunists they saw a weakened somalia and took adavantage of it. somalia and ethiopia are ancient enemies what else is new? and nobody has defended the ethiopians and nobody has defended the the government.

as to the other group threatening to "take-back" territories, would'nt that imply that they were taken in the first place?

And there you have it. The biggest indication of your favoritism and bias is in the fact that you would use ugly words like "running off with their tail between their legs" to attribute to people fighting for the sake of Allah. Incredible.

That's if you believe they are fighting for the sake of Allah, which i do not.

favouritism? lol sis i never claimed to like alshabaab in fact i've shown my views on them on most of the topics posted on them lately. i think their ignorant and misguided people that use Islam to justify their actions, they're no better than the ethiopians or the TFG. matter of fact their worse because they use Islam to justify their ignorance, intolerance and their indiscriminate killing of the somali people.

also sister again where is your proof that the graves destroyed were being worshipped? is it not biased for you to just assume that the graves were being worshipped. is not wrong for you to call other muslims mushrik's because of a video you just saw showing a grave being destroyed. are you not taking sides too

salaam

is the prophets grave a shrine?

salam alikum ..

If you can come to Egypt .. I will show you what happens around graves like that all over the country .. and you can see with your own eyes how they treat the Iron bars or the wood or the stones around the grave

the prophet pbuh was buried where he died .. in the house of the mother of believers Aisha RA .. the need to increase the area of the masjed nabawi was the only reason the grave has been located in it