Islamic Forum
iftikharalam

Al Shabab In Hunt Of Pirates.... Bbc

salam alikum ..

If you can come to Egypt .. I will show you what happens around graves like that all over the country .. and you can see with your own eyes how they treat the Iron bars or the wood or the stones around the grave

the prophet pbuh was buried where he died .. in the house of the mother of believers Aisha RA .. the need to increase the area of the masjed nabawi was the only reason the grave has been located in it

brother i do not deny that there are sufi's who take things to the extreme, but than again you'll find misguided people in almost every group

my mothers side of the family practices sufism, one of the main sheiks sufi's look up to is sheik abdulqadir jailani, i asked my mother do you ask things of the dead ulama she said no, you can only ask things of God but we do pray to Allah that he makes us like the ulama of the past such as the sheik i mentioned.

you cannot generalize. sufism is not even considered a sect of it's own by many people due to the fact that you'll find people from almost every sect in Islam who practice it, from sunni's to shiites etc. and i'm pretty sure it varies depending on the group of people who practice it.

look at the sufi's of iraq with the long hair, our the sufi's of chechnya or the shiites that practice sufism, their not all the same.

the al-shabaab randomly attacked the sufi's of somalia, killed some of their followers and destroyed the graves of some of their ulama. that is wrong.dialogue is needed. everybody thinks what they believe in or their version of Islam is right, muslims today are far too divided to be going around attacking one another. as long as they believe in the basic fundamentals of Islam(the 5 pillars of Islam, the 6-7 pillars of iman), than they are muslim.

they have angered fellow muslims whom they should of allied themselves with and made enemies of them. now their fighting muslims, the ethiopians and the gov't and even the Islamic courts have distanced themselves from them. way to go.

as to the prophet being buried in aisha's home, was'nt he buried nonethless in a built structure? can the sufi's not use that as basis for the reason they bury certain people in enclosed structures?(just questions, i'm not sure about it)

either way i'm not sure why sufi's create to "tomb like" structures for certain people but the sufi's i know do not worship human's neither do they worship tombs and they do not deserve to be called mushrikun

salaam

PropellerAds

:sl:

Sister lateefa, I feel like we're going to continue returning to the issue of sects, which seems to be a personal issue for you. I would rather ask a straightforward question: If people were going to the places Al-Shabab destroyed for the sake of asking blessings from the dead scholars and performing prayers to the dead, are their actions Shirk? Before you say that they weren't, let's make this a purely hypothetical question.

I would also take this moment to mention again that discussions of sects is not allowed on Gawaher. Let's focus on the deeds and actions of the people rather than speaking on sectarian issues.

If people were going to the places Al-Shabab destroyed for the sake of asking blessings from the dead scholars and performing prayers to the dead, are their actions Shirk? Before you say that they weren't, let's make this a purely hypothetical question.

yes they are

I would also take this moment to mention again that discussions of sects is not allowed on Gawaher. Let's focus on the deeds and actions of the people rather than speaking on sectarian issues.

i know the discussion of sects is not allowed, i'm actually surprised the mods have'nt intervened :sl: . secretarian issues are petty and what muslims need is unity and i think i've stated that before, but what is going in somalia is secretarian. i do not support al shabaab's actions but i have never said anything that was disrespectful to the doctrine they follow and i have supported the Islamic courts who also follow the same doctrine as al shabaab, because they were worthy of support.

salaam

Assalamualikum

Apparently these are lies. Al-Shabaab never said they will fight pirates.. These were false reports made up by someone. Why would Al-Shabaab fight for the interests of the Tawagheet of Saudi Arabia?

Anyways.. check out 'Shabaab Al-mujahideen: An Important Clarification..' in the Political Front section. I can't post links.