Islamic Forum
iftikharalam

Al Shabab In Hunt Of Pirates.... Bbc

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7743204.stm"]bbc[/url]

Somali Islamist insurgents have begun searching for the pirates who hijacked a giant Saudi-owned oil tanker last Saturday, reports say.

"The Islamists arrived searching for the pirates and the whereabouts of the Saudi ship," an unnamed elder in the port told Reuters news agency.

"I saw four cars full of Islamists driving in the town from corner to corner. The Islamists say they will attack the pirates for hijacking a Muslim ship."

lets see how many westerners will appreciate this?

PropellerAds

:sl:

They won't appreciate it. They'll say Al Shabab is just pretending to be doing good.

If they only have a problem with pirates attacking Muslim ships, then of course non-Muslims won't be impressed.

If they only have a problem with pirates attacking Muslim ships, then of course non-Muslims won't be impressed.

If you can go back into history than you will find out that UIC eliminated piracy from the somalia in their 6 months of control of Somalia, just like Taliban eliminated poppy production in Afghanistan, but as you know, wars backed by World's top terrorist state America bring every bad thing back to these lands that Islamists brought to end.

You'd need to be dumb as a stump to fall for this transparent Islamofascist propaganda. The world is coming down hard on Al Qaeda junior, so they'll lay low for a bit, release a ship or two, and maybe parade a few poor souls in front of the cameras' saying 'Look, we caught the pirates '!! Then, when things cool down a litttle, they'll put their eye patches back on and be back in the pirate business again.

i don't think it's meant to impress non muslims.

wassalam,

y

I almost support the pirates.

Stimulus package after stimulus package has been thrown into Somalia with little affect. But when you give a few men millions of dollars? Their town thrives.

but ethically its wrong and they shouldnt and violence isnt the answer and they need to follow Islam and they need to follow international law.

Something that has stuck in my mind for a while is that some of the pirates are paying cooks to make "western style" meals for their captives.

Also on BBC radio I learned that the pirates never actually KILL their captives...

Intersting stuff.

What do you guys think?

I almost support the pirates...What do you guys think?

I think you've been watching 'Pirates of the Caribbean' too much. The Indians got it right when they sent one of their ships to the bottom. Ships travelling that area need to arm themselves. Blackwater and Hollowpoint have been mentioned as possible security providers. For a fee, of coarse. After a few encounters with those guys, the Somali pirates will lose their appetite for hijacking. If the Somalis' doubt this, let them ask the Iraqis'. :sl:

What do you guys think?

interesting ... i think they are employing the more vulgar version of capitalism.

wassalam,

y

They won't appreciate it. They'll say Al Shabab is just pretending to be doing good.

You are part of the west too, Redeem. And I find all these cries of hypocrisy very disengenuous, considering we all know how many of you would react if the US navy were to do the exact same thing. Wouldn't you say that they are just "pretending to be doing good"?

Besides, like Questioner I have some sympathy for the pirates. I have read up on this since I first heard about it, and it is pretty clear to me that they are acting out of desperation because of the illegal fishing practices of certain multinationals.

...Besides, like Questioner I have some sympathy for the pirates...

Boy Russ, aren't you a lily livered appeaser ? You make Neville Chamberland look like Rambo. It's not about fish, it's about money. When have you ever heard 'fish' mentioned ? These guys have 'motherships', 20 mm anti-aircraft guns, GPS, fast, modern ocean-going speedboats, communication systems... This stuff costs money. If these pirate fellows put half as much effort into fishing as they do hijacking, they'd have more fish than they'd ever be able to sell.

pirates/coastguards lol

for all the illegal dumping of nuclear wastes on our coasts and stealing of our resourses that goes on, a little tax is in order, maybe they should stay out of our waters, and yes regardless of what you may hear MOST of the time they do trespass.

salaam

.. maybe they should stay out of our waters, and yes regardless of what you may hear MOST of the time they do trespass.salaam

Some of these ships are hijacked 200 to 300 miles off the coast. I don't think you can call that 'your' waters.

and somalikid your not somali, where are the mods on this site. why does this person keep on coming back honestly?

and somalikid your not somali, where are the mods on this site. why does this person keep on coming back honestly?

I can use any screen name I want. I don't have to be from Somalia to call myself 'somalikid'. What's it to you what screen name I use ?

I can use any screen name I want. I don't have to be from Somalia to call myself 'somalikid'. What's it to you what screen name I use ?

Was 'Freed Slave' really a slave ? I doubt it. Is 'Carlos The Jackel' really a jackel ? I doubt it. Was '######' really wise ? No, he was stupid. So. Have I made my point ?

Please, techie. They board the ships using frickin' ropes, and pretty much everyone and their mother has an AK in Somalia. The ships that go through the Gulf of Aden have crews of 25 tops and are totally unarmed. You and I could capture one if we wanted to. If you want to know about the fishing and toxic waste dumping, try the BBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc.

You and I could capture one if we wanted to.

that sounds impressive :sl:

wassalam,

y

You are part of the west too, Redeem. And I find all these cries of hypocrisy very disengenuous, considering we all know how many of you would react if the US navy were to do the exact same thing. Wouldn't you say that they are just "pretending to be doing good"?

Personally? No. I wouldn't speak of pretense.

But let's not kid ourselves. The western media won't be praising Al Shabab on this one. Either it'll be swept under the rug, or it'll be regarded with a very critical eye.

Salam.

It's not about fish, it's about money. When have you ever heard 'fish' mentioned?

I learned this from a show on BBC radio last week:

Originally the pirate militias were just trying to patrol Somali waters and get rid of people who were illegally fishing.

That created the infrastructure for pirate groups. From the patrolling militias came the pirates.

I am in no way condoning the act of stealing other people's things, but I need to admit I have a certain amount of respect for them if what I heard on the BBC is true.

Apparently some of the money they get in ransom is pledged to building roads and schools.

(Whether or not that happens is a different story...)

I just think it's interesting that when a small group of people have a lot of money, their whole town thrives.

The price of Khat has even gone up where the pirates are based.

It makes me wonder how piracy can do what billions of dollars of international aid couldn't do.

But, yeah, pirates = bad.

umm yes actually when you call yourself somalikid your implying that your a somalikid which is a little misleading when replying to a topic about somalia. it does'nt make sense for you to call yourself something your not especially a nationality, but i guess you can call yourself what you want this is the net..either way that's not what i meant, you remind me of someone that used to be on this site and got repeatedly banned but continued to come back, and i have'nt been on this site for a long time but if that's you, you have way too much time on your hands.

also in regards to these pirates, whether these ships are 200 miles or 500 miles away from our coast is not the main issue, these countries do carry out illegal dumping on our coasts and steal our resources, not to mention the dumping that they do infects our waters which infects our fish which in turn effects our people.

also most of the time they do come into our waters and since somalia does not have a functioning government they think they can do whatever they want.

Salam alikum

maybe al shabab are in control of the piracy .. to get finance .. which would not make me upset at all .. they need some finance for weapons

salam alikum

Is there a verdict for a case like el shabab ? not to use or use piracy ?

I am just asking by the way .. I know it will be a debate and I will be called bad stuff by muslim brothers and sister

Edited by Nile_Salafy

I call most of the replies as stupid, I mean how can someone justify piracy? whatever but if someone is doing wrong than it doesn't mean to start doing wrong yourself. You need to end the problem.

Alshabab should end piracy first, than get a control of the coastal area, make a navy with former pirates and fisherman, protect their sea from illegal fishing snd dumping of nuclear waste. This is the way to make things right, destroy all boats that do illegal fishing in somali waters, but wait than western media will shout " Terrorist terrorist"