Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yurt

How do Muslims believe Jesus (Isa) was born?

Just curious.

How did Jesus come into being? I do not want to talk about sensative things that may not be allowed on this forum, however, I am curious as to how Muslims believe Jesus became born, in that, he came from a woman who never was with a human man.

Thanks.

PropellerAds

Hello Yurt.

We Muslims believe that Jesus(pbuh) was born without a father, as a Sign from Allah the Exalted.

Allah the Exalted says: "Relate in the Book the story of Mary, when she withdrew from her family, to a place in the East. She screened herself from them; then We(Allah) sent to her Our spirit (Angel Gabriel) and he appeared before her as a man in all respects. She said: I seek refuge from you in (Allah)Most Gracious if you do fear Allah. He said: Nay, I am only a Messenger from your Lord, to announce to you the gift of a pure son. She said: How shall I have a son when no man has ever touched me, and I am not unchaste? He said: So it will be, your Lord says: ‘That is easy for Me; and We wish to appoint him as a Sign unto men and a Mercy from Us': It was a matter so decreed" (Qur'an 19:16-21).

We believe that he was born immaculately, and through the same power which had brought Eve to life and Adam into being without a father or a mother.

Our Lord says: "Truly, the likeness of Jesus with Allah is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." [3:59]

It was Angel Gabriel, known as the Holy Spirit in the Qur'an, who breathed the soul of Jesus inside Mary.

Guest muhsinmuttaqi

Assalamu Aleikum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

We Muslims believe that Isa ben Maryam was born miraculously. Every Muslim must believe that there is no God but Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala without any mediator and that Muhammad sallallahoo aleihi wassallam is the (Last) Messenger and Prophet of Allah, and that Jesus aleihi salam is the servant and messenger of Allah born by the Virgin Mary raheematullah and the Word created by Allah, and that Paradise is true and that hellfire is true. If Muslims say that and believe in this then this Muslim or Muslima will be invited from all eight gates of Paradise, which is a great honour.

The miraculous birth does not imply that Jesus is what Christian made of him in their Christology, being part of a so-called trinity or triad. It is easy for Allah to created the way he wants. He made fire burn but if he wills fire can heal wound or be cold. The fire burns because God tell it to burn but if God says that the fire behaves in a different manner than it will happen. Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala's works and abilities are always underestimated by man. It is easy for Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala to control a single virus in you blood while to the same time He knows what every single atom on the planet pluto is doing. Allah is aware of anything. You find it miraculous how Jesus was born but in the Qur'an it is said that God makes man and woman from a clot of blood, from a single clot of congealt blood. Is this not a mircacle too. I would not call it miracle anymore because miracle implies that we do not estimate the abilities of Allah enough. I would call his miracles WONDERS.

When I compare the birth story in Qur'an and Bible then the closest account of his birth story is that from Luke - at least the story of Zakariyyah and the birth of Yahya.

Adam was made of dust by Allah with his own hands and had no father and no mother.

Eve was made from the rib of Adam and did not have a biological father or mother either.

Jesus was created by Allah from a clot of blood by his own will and just by ordering the clot of blood to become Jesus. That's it. This is a wonder.

Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala is able to let a human being grow inside of a fruit of a tree. This is easy for Allah.

On the Day of Resurrection we will grow from our own seed like a plant grow. This is easy for Allah our Creator.

Salam