Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dunamis

Prayer

will someone please explain prayer. Why do you pray and if you feel any connection with Ahlla when you pray. Or is it even possible to feel a connection with Ahlla when you pray.

Thank you

Hi Dunamis,

When I pray I feel a connection to the ultimate good and peace which is Allah.

When Muslims pray we starts of by raising our hands and saying Allah u Akbar meaning God is Great. The we fold our hands right over left and stand in complete submission. We start off by reciting Surah Fatiha, which is the first chapter of the Quran consisting of 7 verses, which praise God and asks him to guide us on the right path. More on how we pray, I have put up a link at bottom of the post. Its very interesting I hope you check it out.

There are several reasons to why I pray.

1) Allah is my creator. Prayer is submission, I'm submitting to Allah five times a day. Its the least I can do, considering I owe everything to him.

2) It reminds me of the hereafter; which keeps me away from the worldly desires. It makes me want to do good things.

3) I feel peace.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=24667.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=24667.html&[/url]

I will also post a video titled 'Christian guests at your Masjid' which gives a tour of the inside of the Masjid and also shows what we do, why we do it and what it means.

Awareness of Allah is greatter than the prayer. In order to be aware of Allah you have to pray. At all times you have to pray so he is always on your mind and your thaughts. I wasnt a practicing muslim so I know that without a prayer you are not aware of his awareness. I did believe with my heart but i would forget for his awareness. If you believe truthfully everything is later and the prayer or Allah is now or the prayer. Sometimes you feel a greatter connection than at other times. Your heart feels happy you cant describe the feeling but i wouldnt trade anything for it.

Edited by Allahs Religion is serious

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=522527.html&"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=522527.html&[/url]

Peace and welcome to the forum,

An honest prayer is one which is done intentionally, consequently it's possible to feel the connection. Once the intention of the prayer is of a correct standard, then it can be said that we pray because we have a reason to do so, not merely a set of physical sequences. In effect, the prayer itself serves a deep purpose. 'Intention' is a word which shows how one treats his life, not what his actions are. They're the very edge by which we balance our choices, but what's important is how you complete a given task, i.e how you decide to implement your intentions.

The meaning of prayer apprehends a human to their own reality, in other words how much in tune they are with their existence. A prayer's challenge is to understand God and to make things simpler and happy. Allah is a superior. Superior is what humans have a tendency to want to become. If you read the beginning eight verses of Surah Al-Alaq (The Clot) in the Quran, it will provide a better insight. That being said, we pray to respect what we've already got, what other people have -- and what we become or hope to become. As we are curious individuals we always hope for the better. So this 'God' is like the ultimate, thus we need to respect his position the most. Besides we're given very unusual signs of the hereafter. This hints to us that our 'position' and existence beyond our deaths is quite critical, hence we need to prepare ourselves (complete ourselves) for that 'position'.

From what I see, 'Allah' is a our pathway, hence we need to interact with this superior if we are to be satisfied with our own existence and to make the most out of our realities. Prayer keeps us occupied physically, whilst mentally focused on something else (i.e what we recite). It drives us to focus on the superior being, thus we surrender wholly for a while. If we're able to do this, we're in tune with our existence; if not then we want something else -- and that's why prayer allows one to apprehend his own reality and to, if meeting the conditions, feel closer to do good. From the daily prayers do Muslims gain a sense of fulfillment and organization of their lives.

Greetings.

saw a wonderful site to learn about Islam

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmyislam.co.za"]Visit this Website[/url]