Islamic Forum
hamza81

Who Here Wants 2 Years Of Forgiveness By Allah?

Fasting on the day of Arafat

Fasting on the day of Arafat is a true blessing and a means of great forgiveness for all who undertakes it and there is no doubt that we should all try our best to fast on this blessed day which is Tomorrow (Sunday the 7th)

In the UK Sehri ends (20 mins before Fajr starts) at 5.55 am and Iftar will be at sunrise at 3:51 pm.

The Prophet (saw) says: “Be content with the fact that Allah will expiate for your sins for a whole year before the day of Arafat and the year after the day of Arafat”! [saheeh Muslim]

“There is no day on which Allah frees more people from the Fire than the day of Arafat. He comes close and expresses His pride to the angels saying, 'What do these people want?'” [saheeh Muslim]

However whoever is at Arafat as a pilgrim then fasting is not expected of him as the Prophet (SAW) stopped at Arafat to eat.

Glorifying Allâh with Takbîr: (Takbîr al-Muqayyid):

From the day of Arafat until the Asr prayer of the 13th day of Dhul-Hijjah, one should make Takbîr after every obligatory Salât. Ibn Abî Shaybah relates that Alî (RA) used to make the Takbîr beginning after the Fajr prayer on the day of Arafat, until after the Asr prayer on the last day of at-Tashrîq. [(Sahîh) by Shaikh al-Albanî in al-Irwa. Related by Ibn Abî Shaybah in al-Musannaf]

Shaikh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (rahimahullah) said:

“The most correct saying concerning the Takbîr - that which the majority of the Salaf (Pious Predecessors), and the Scholars from the Companions and Imams were upon - is to begin making the Takbîr from Fajr (dawn) on the day of Arafat up until the last day of at-Tashrîq (the thirteenth of Dhul-Hijjah), after every Prayer.” [Majmû al-Fatawa (24/220)]

PropellerAds

good post....

thank you ...

im glad i read this on the right time...im faSting tomorrow.....

happy eid :sl:

good post....

thank you ...

im glad i read this on the right time...im faSting tomorrow.....

happy eid :sl:

I agree! :sl: I am also fasting today

Mubarak!

:sl:

Thats a bit weird. We are forgiven a year ahead? in advance??

Even an acceptable hajj doesn't give you that.

Its as if we have a permission to do whatever we want for a whole year in advance without being accountable! Sorry, I couldn't prevent myself. But I find this funny and way too un-Islamic, and entirely against the teaching of Islam and the Quran. If you think that that hadith is not fake, then why blame the Christians who think that Jesus sacrificed his blood to wipe out their sins, funny as it is, when we have a similar permission to sin in advance in a so called 'hadith' that permits me to sin for a whole year in exchange for fasting only 1 single day??

Thats a bit weird. We are forgiven a year ahead? in advance??

Even an acceptable hajj doesn't give you that.

Its as if we have a permission to do whatever we want for a whole year in advance without being accountable! Sorry, I couldn't prevent myself. But I find this funny and way too un-Islamic, and entirely against the teaching of Islam and the Quran. If you think that that hadith is not fake, then why blame the Christians who think that Jesus sacrificed his blood to wipe out their sins, funny as it is, when we have a similar permission to sin in advance in a so called 'hadith' that permits me to sin for a whole year in exchange for fasting only 1 single day??

Asalaam wr wb, As humans we all commit sins no matter how hard we try to avoid them because were created to be imperfect. Engaging in evil deeds decreases our Iman. Actions like lying, cheating and stealing, to name only a few, take a toll on the human heart and soul which makes us more susceptible to being lead astray from the Path of Allah. It is important for us to reflect upon our deeds and weed out the ones that are contrary to the teachings of the Holy Qur’an and Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (S). Allah has gifted us with an innate sense of justice and the ability to reason and make sound judgements. Our fitrah (natural disposition) necessitates that we all know when we are committing a sin. And if we don't know, we certainly have a bevy of resources to find out from!

The Qur'an and the sunnah shows us what we can do to attain forgiveness in many ways and the best ways of gaining forgiveness and the mercy of our lord is by doing as much good as possible and asking Allah for forgivess with full sincerity with the intention that we will NOT commit the sin again!

By you saying that these sort of hadith reminds you of the Christians when they say that "Jesus died for their sins"is totally incorrect and it NOT the same as the sunnah! The lord cannot be decieved! He created us and he made us the way we are and he shows us many ways to gain his mercy and forgiveness and that does not mean that we ask him for forgivness or do a good act and then carry on sinning and doing what we were doing before!The wiping out of major bad deeds can only be wiped out through sincere repentance with the intention of NEVER commiting the act again then it is upto Allah whether he forgives us or not! These are incentives given to us that are mentioned in the sunnah of the prophet and it gives us sinners a lot of hope that we can gain forgiveness for our weaknesses and wrong doings from Allah, but we obviously have to try our best to change our ways!Allah knows whats in our hearts as he says many times in the Qur'an so we may be able to hide things in our hearts from other people but NOT the lord almighty the all-knower!He knows whether our repentance is sincere or not and on the day of judgement every human being can ONLY recieve jannah by the mercy of Allah!

• Conditions for the acceptance of repentance

The word tauba which is rendered as repentance in English, is not a simple term as most people believe. It is very rich in meaning and implication, and is not simply a word of mouth after which the sinner continues in his sins. Says Allah, Glorified be He: "Seek forgiveness of your Lord and then turn to Him in repentance." (Hud: 3). Do you notice how turning to the Lord in repentance has been added to the search for His forgiveness?

It is quite in keeping with its importance, therefore, that repentance should have, as the scholars have stated, conditions attached to it for its acceptance. They are as follows:

• First: Giving up of the sin itself.

• Second: Remorse over what has been committed.

• Third: A resolve not to repeat it, and, Fourth: Compensating those who have been wronged or obtaining their forgiveness.

Please be very careful when saying that these hadith are fake because the hadith mentioned are "sahih" meaning they are authentic hadith of the prophet and when you call them fake you are taking yourself out of the fold of Islam! Please try to look into this area for youself to clear the misconceptions that you have because it comes from a lack of knowledge and the only way we can clear misconceptions and misunderstandings is to learn knowledge! I hope you and your family have a wondeful Eid inshallah and please get back to me when you can! Assalamu alaikum

In the UK Sehri ends (20 mins before Fajr starts) at 5.55 am and Iftar will be at sunrise at 3:51 pm.

It's not possible for anyone to know what time fajr is before it's time... also I don't know where people get the idea that you must stop eating a certain time before fajr. You can eat until the time of fajr when doing any fast. It's not your fault, I know you didn't write it :sl:

Sorry, I couldn't prevent myself. But I find this funny and way too un-Islamic, and entirely against the teaching of Islam and the Quran.

dot, it's not for you or me to authenticate ahadith. Just because we may not understand a hadith it does not mean it is unauthentic...

I'll give you an example. With regards to hajj expiating for sins, there are certain conditions...

“Whoever comes to this House and does not utter any obscene speech or do any evil deed, will go back as his mother bore him.†Narrated by al-Bukhaari

Therefore, do you not think that someone who fasts on this day thinking they can in some way "cheat" will get away with it?

Another example is praying on the Laylat al-Qadr. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) said “Whoever spends Laylat al-Qadr in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward, will be forgiven his previous sins.†Narrated by al-Bukhaari ...as you can see again there are conditions.

Also as far as I am aware (someone correct me if I am wrong) fasting on this day only expiate for minor sins... not major.

It's not possible for anyone to know what time fajr is before it's time... also I don't know where people get the idea that you must stop eating a certain time before fajr. You can eat until the time of fajr when doing any fast. It's not your fault, I know you didn't write it :sl:

dot, it's not for you or me to authenticate ahadith. Just because we may not understand a hadith it does not mean it is unauthentic...

I'll give you an example. With regards to hajj expiating for sins, there are certain conditions...

“Whoever comes to this House and does not utter any obscene speech or do any evil deed, will go back as his mother bore him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari

Therefore, do you not think that someone who fasts on this day thinking they can in some way "cheat" will get away with it?

Another example is praying on the Laylat al-Qadr. The Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) said “Whoever spends Laylat al-Qadr in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward, will be forgiven his previous sins.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari ...as you can see again there are conditions.

Also as far as I am aware (someone correct me if I am wrong) fasting on this day only expiate for minor sins... not major.

Asalaam wr wb, well it is said that fasting should begin when dawn breaks and it is very hard to determine that so we just follow a timetable but yes it is also correct to eat until the azan for fajr is said!

The previous post is really upsetting because to call an authentic hadith from the "sahih hadith" unauthentic and to say that it goes against the Qur'an and the sunnah is quite unbelievably blasphemus!

Scholars have said that anyone who denys authentic sunnah of the prophet has entered kufr! It is down to a complete lack of knowledge! One has to be very carefull when calling something unathentic or authentic just because of a lack of understanding and knowledge!Anyone who denys the sunnah is entering very dangerous grounds!

Edited by hamza81

:no:

Thanks for the info brother, but this was not about repentance. The hadith gives you 1 year in advance of forgiving your sins in exchange for 1 day of fasting. Nowhere in Islam can you find anything about forgiving our sins in advance, this concept does not exist in Islam, not even hajj does that. Once a hajj goes home, any future sin he/she commits needs repentance, The hajj doesn't erase any future sins. Nothing does. How can one day of fasting does what hajj itself cannot? Sahih books are not sacred, they are written by humans. If you make a book sacred, then I guess you need to start worrying brother about shirk. The only sacred book, and the only book that Allah :sl: saved from any falsifications is the Quran. Anyone could have faked a few ahadith and inserted them in the sahih books over time. Anyone could fake a hadith and then use a hasan chain of narrators to give it authenticity. There are more fake ahadith out there that there are authentic ones. Islamic history is full of periods where people made up fake ahadith for a variety of reasons. Rasool Allah himself cursed those who lie about his sayings, which means he knew that there are people who do it or will do it. How can you tell if some of those made their way over time inside the sahih books?. Nothing can be authentic if it contradicts the Quran or the general line of the teachings of Islam. The sunnah of our beloved prophet :j: is one thing, and the books of ahadith is another. There are fake ahadith that found their way in sahih books. The ultimate authenticity comes when hadith does not contradict the Quran. Nothing can change that fact, not even a thousand imams. No Muslim can deny the sunnah of our prophet Muhammad :D but those who raise any book to the level of sacred untouchable unmistakable author or book are doing a big mistake. This is probably as close to shirk as can be. However, this is not against imam Bukhari or imam Muslim, we owe them great respect and love. Its about the current copies of their books, for there is no proof that what we have in our hands today is the same text that they wrote back in their time. No book has that guarantee against falsehood but the Quran.

Eid mubarak to you too and your blessed family dear brother.

May Allah :sl: guide us all to whatever pleases Him, accept our fasting and forgive all our sins in these blessed days, ameen.

This is a stupid discussion.

Look dot, I don't see what your problem is exactly. Your whole argument is that you don't think it's right that our sins can be forgiven in advance; because in some way you think that would give people the ability to "cheat" Allah.

If that's the way you're thinking then I can say the exact same thing about hajj.

Is it right that the people who go on hajj are forgiven there sins? Does this mean that I can commit all the sin I want now and then just go hajj and be forgiven?

How is that any different to having your sins forgiven in advance?

Answer me.

Also; no one has taken Sahih Bukhari or Sahih Muslim onto the same level as Qur'an. There are hadith in there which are unauthentic; no one is denying this.

The ultimate authenticity comes when hadith does not contradict the Quran

Are you saying that as long as a hadith does not contradict the Qur'an it can be considered to be authentic? You don't need me to tell you how crazy that statement is; you know what you said there is completely wrong ...and if ahadith were authenticated that way then sure we would have ALOT of "authentic hadiths"; except they aren't authentic.

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

The hadeeth does not give a green light to commit sins, because plotting against Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is not a sin, but kufr. Making halal haram and haram halal is also kufr. Therefore, sin that are forgiven are those that are done unintentionally or intentionally, by out of desire or unawareness. However, making the intention to sin the whole year is kufr.

If you violate the rights of a human being then you still have to ask the person for forgiveness.

It is mainly talking about minor sins.

Thanks for the info brother, but this was not about repentance. The hadith gives you 1 year in advance of forgiving your sins in exchange for 1 day of fasting. Nowhere in Islam can you find anything about forgiving our sins in advance, this concept does not exist in Islam, not even hajj does that. Once a hajj goes home, any future sin he/she commits needs repentance, The hajj doesn't erase any future sins. Nothing does. How can one day of fasting does what hajj itself cannot? Sahih books are not sacred, they are written by humans. If you make a book sacred, then I guess you need to start worrying brother about shirk. The only sacred book, and the only book that Allah :sl: saved from any falsifications is the Quran. Anyone could have faked a few ahadith and inserted them in the sahih books over time. Anyone could fake a hadith and then use a hasan chain of narrators to give it authenticity. There are more fake ahadith out there that there are authentic ones. Islamic history is full of periods where people made up fake ahadith for a variety of reasons. Rasool Allah himself cursed those who lie about his sayings, which means he knew that there are people who do it or will do it. How can you tell if some of those made their way over time inside the sahih books?. Nothing can be authentic if it contradicts the Quran or the general line of the teachings of Islam. The sunnah of our beloved prophet :j: is one thing, and the books of ahadith is another. There are fake ahadith that found their way in sahih books. The ultimate authenticity comes when hadith does not contradict the Quran. Nothing can change that fact, not even a thousand imams. No Muslim can deny the sunnah of our prophet Muhammad :D but those who raise any book to the level of sacred untouchable unmistakable author or book are doing a big mistake. This is probably as close to shirk as can be. However, this is not against imam Bukhari or imam Muslim, we owe them great respect and love. Its about the current copies of their books, for there is no proof that what we have in our hands today is the same text that they wrote back in their time. No book has that guarantee against falsehood but the Quran.

Eid mubarak to you too and your blessed family dear brother.

May Allah :sl: guide us all to whatever pleases Him, accept our fasting and forgive all our sins in these blessed days, ameen.

Asalaam wr wb, as i mentioned in my previous post, hadith like this are meant as an incentive to us muslims and there are many like it! For example read this or that surah or zikr etc and one shall recieve a nafl hajj reward or umra reward or get this or that much forgiveness etc!

Now when i was at school we had a merit point system and the teachers used to come out with all kinds of incentives to make us all eager to earn merit points which they signed on our merit cards and i tell you what it definatly worked!We all worked much harder to earn those merit points! This is near enough the same thing! Is'nt jannah our incentive? is'nt torture of hell our incentive to avoid sin? same way Allah gives us incentives to do as much good and worship we can and it works! Allah created us to be like this! that we get driven by incentives and targets etc I don't understand why this is so hard for you to believe or you think Allah is not that generous? you feel he wouldnt want to give that much reward to his servants? Isnt he the most generous? or are u trying to restrict what he can do? I need to point out once again like i did in my previous post that when we are given these kind of incentives where it is mentioned about a certain amount of sins of ourS that are being given! They are ONLY MINOR SINS! Major sins can only be forgiven by sincere repentance with the intention that one will not commit that act again!Then it is upto Allah to forgive or not!Whenever me or most other muslims here of an incentive to do a certain act or good then definatly it makes us eager to do it! I don;t see why that should'nt make you want to also do it! Alllah knows our intentions and if we are eager to please him then why should he not reward us when he is more generous than we can EVER imagine!He cannot be tricked or fooled in any shape or form and remember it is totally upto him whether he rewards his slave for that certain act or not! Depending on intention and sincerity etc

This is a stupid discussion.

Look dot, I don't see what your problem is exactly. Your whole argument is that you don't think it's right that our sins can be forgiven in advance; because in some way you think that would give people the ability to "cheat" Allah.

If that's the way you're thinking then I can say the exact same thing about hajj.

Is it right that the people who go on hajj are forgiven there sins? Does this mean that I can commit all the sin I want now and then just go hajj and be forgiven?

If you enter hajj with the right frame of mind then yes you will be forgiven, There is only one sin that is unforgivable and that is taking others for worship besides Allah. Now if you fornicate then at that moment in time you are taking that person as your Allah they become your God, the same is with money if money drives you to neglect Allah then you are practicing false worship!! I a muslim has been sinning all his life and enters hajj with the mind set of starting over "becoming new" and is looking for Allahs forgivness then Our Prophet says that you come out of hajj as if you are a new born baby. So yes Hajj can be a journey for a sinner to look forward to, to look to get his sins removed, does he know if they have been removed?As their lives progress on after Hajj the persons will be able to tell if Hajj made a huge impact on their lives and they will have an assurance of paradise in their hearts. So NO you cant say the same thing about Hajj!!

How is that any different to having your sins forgiven in advance?

Answer me.

WHAT are you foreal?? Why do we tell potential Muslims to be, that if they except Islam that all of their previous sins would be forgiven? Some people who are not ready yet still sin but later on in life become Muslim what do you say to them then?? We tell them that before they was Muslim all those sins are washed away and now as a muslim they are on a clean slate. Now what the other brother qouted was that we can be forgiven for future sins, and nowhere in Islam does that saying agree with the Quran!

Are you saying that as long as a hadith does not contradict the Qur'an it can be considered to be authentic? You don't need me to tell you how crazy that statement is; you know what you said there is completely wrong ...and if ahadith were authenticated that way then sure we would have ALOT of "authentic hadiths"; except they aren't authentic.

The Quran is what checks hadith plain and simple!! One could live to be a guided human being and the best muslim if all he had was the Quran to read, very different if we only had Prophet Muhammads words. THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU GET ANGRY AND TRY TO ANSWER. If a hadith contradicts the Quran what sane right minded muslim would follow that hadith??

The hadiths which state that God can forgive people's sins a year in advance are in no way in contradiction with the Qur'an. As a matter of fact, the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was forgiven all his past and future sins. He was asked, why do you continue to turn to God in repentance although He has forgiven all your past and future sins. He answered, shall I not be a thankful slave. The concept of God forgiving sins in advance is in no way new. The fact that He forgives sins in advance doesn't make it a free-pass-to-sin, quite to the contrary, as brother hamza81 explained in more detail, it should make you even more thankful to God. Gabriel(pbuh) told the Prophet(pbuh) that every person from his Ummah would get into Paradise, and the Prophet(phuh) asked him, even if they commited adultery/fornication and murder. Gabriel(pbuh) responded, yes even so. These hadiths don't in no way encourage to sin, quite to the contrary, they show you how merciful God really is and make you want to worship Him.

And as for people inserting forged hadiths into Bukhari's and Muslim's work, that is impossible. The reason why it's impossible is because their works have been mass peer-reviewed.

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

The hadiths which state that God can forgive people's sins a year in advance are in no way in contradiction with the Qur'an. As a matter of fact, the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was forgiven all his past and future sins.

that's a different case. the Prophet is a special man "in the eyes" of God. everything about him is special (even when he was a kid, his heart was "washed"). what about us? so that example doesn't say much about sins being forgiven in advance for common muslims like us.

And as for people inserting forged hadiths into Bukhari's and Muslim's work, that is impossible. The reason why it's impossible is because their works have been mass peer-reviewed.

hadith as words and texts are subject to change, at least in wordings. this is opposed to the definition of sunnah as practical examples. for example prayers, both individual and congregatory, were taught by the Prophet to his followers by practical example and since then have been transmitted generation-to-generation through practical learning. its documentation in form of hadith only happened later, but their actual learning and transmission has always been through practical means.

btw, i am not saying that this hadith is unauthetic, but i feel there is something to be explained further. it doesn't mean just as how it is written.

wassalam,

y

Assalamu Aleykum

sorry that im off topic my question is similar

why do some people believe after saying Allahu Akbar that they will be saved or maybe (forgiven) ?

Thank you

Salaam

Allah swt judges and rewards us not only from our deeds but from the intentions behind those deeds. If the deeds we committed were good but we had bad intentions then we shall not get the reward. Everytihng we do should be for the sake of Allah. So, while the reward is very important, i think pleasing our Creator is much more vital and if we do this then the reward just comes with the package. WHY AM I SAYING THIS? because in terms of this, the issue that how can we be forgiven a year in advance, i think to eliminate the discussion about the validity of the hadith, we might as well just forget about it.

I mean, the fact that it is sunnah of our beloved Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasalaam and that we give up food and drink for the sake of Allah should be THE MOST important factor to whether we should fast. NOT the reward.

And plus, the hadith does not give an INCENTIVE to just sin all year because u fasted on this day, like brother Muhsinmuttaqi stated :sl:

Assalamu alaikum

that's a different case. the Prophet is a special man "in the eyes" of God. everything about him is special (even when he was a kid, his heart was "washed"). what about us? so that example doesn't say much about sins being forgiven in advance for common muslims like us.

I beg to differ, brother - it says a lot. Every believer is special in the eyes of God, even if in differing degrees. So, while those who are extremely close to God, like the Prophets(peace be upon them all), might get all of their past sins and future sins forgiven, others who are also special to God, though lower in rank than the Prophets(pbut), might get their sins of the future year forgiven.

btw, i am not saying that this hadith is unauthetic, but i feel there is something to be explained further. it doesn't mean just as how it is written.

I think the hadith is quite straight-forward, just as the other hadith, of Gabriel(pbuh) telling Muhammad(pbuh) that even adulterers/fornicators and murderers of his Ummah getting into Paradise, is quite straight-forward.

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

I beg to differ, brother - it says a lot. Every believer is special in the eyes of God, even if in differing degrees.

yes, every believer is special. but it doesn't change the fact that the Prophet is the most special man in this universe by billion degrees. the evidence is he is the only person who can give shafaat on the day of judgement, not any other believers. that's how different we are from him.

I think the hadith is quite straight-forward, just as the other hadith, of Gabriel(pbuh) telling Muhammad(pbuh) that even adulterers/fornicators and murderers of his Ummah getting into Paradise, is quite straight-forward.

true, but the emphasis is on their repentance and there are many conditions that must be met by them to get into paradise, i guess it is all covered quite well in the hadiths. it's different in this case. the emphasis on this hadith is on the one-day fasting alone. the hadith are lacking with detailed information. so we have to educate ourselves that it is not merely the action of one-day fast that makes our future sins forgiven, but it takes more than that ... such as determination, commitment and good intentions to make ourselves a better muslim day by day, to always repent to Allah etc. Allah's forgiveness is a precious thing, muslims who have no such qualities would not benefit of having future sins erased just because he fasted on that one day.

and just to point it out, it is saheeh muslim, not saheeh BUKHAREE MUSLIM, at least. i wish other narrators would make that hadith complete with other important detailed information.

wassalam,

y

finally, we should take into account Qur'an verse which says that there are people who fast, but they gain nothing from their fast, but hunger and thirst.

wassalam,

y

Look the christians believe that if you believe in jesus being God then all your future sins are forgiven, do we believe this as well? That future sins can be forgiven?? Lets say you do the fast and the for the next year you decide to fornicate for that whole year but when hajj comes back around"Hey" its another year of being forgiven for my future sins so i would fast again.. and really put my heart in to it but when next year comes if i slip or i sin i would feel as if my sins are already forgiven. Look at the shrik in this message, we are pretending to know God that we know that God would forgive us.

If thats the case then everone who does this fast every year will be forgiven for their future sins, and if they die within that year that they are being forgiven for , then whats the point of Judgement day???

if ya future sins are forgiven and you die then whats the point of judgement day, whats the point of living life making mistakes ,making salaat, praying for forgivness, if ya future sins are forgived??

You just threw away judgement day and seeking for Allahs forgiveness. How many people can be led astray by believing that their future sins are already forgiven. If I was weak minded i would behave just like my christian brother and sin like no tommorow knowing that my future sins are already forgiven.

If thats the case then everone who does this fast every year will be forgiven for their future sins, and if they die within that year that they are being forgiven for , then whats the point of Judgement day???

it's not that easy. even when we know that heaven is provided by God if we follow Islam correctly, we still do bad things, we still have bad intention. it's sincerity (ikhlas) that counts. and btw, judgement day is not only for true believers, but also for whole mankind who are not muslims. and, there is actually no need to say if this is shirk or not, this hadith makes sense if we apply it for a true committed muslim. at least take a look at it this way:

assuming that you did the fast the right way, and you will be rewarded 1000 points for the fast alone. later, you made a small mistake, and your 1000 point from the fast is reduced 5 points. so, your good deeds become 995 points. after all, doing good deeds is like storing points for the hereafter, including this fast. they will be useful to minimize the score of your bad deeds on the Day of Judgement.

that's just an illustration.

wassalam,

y

it's not that easy. even when we know that heaven is provided by God if we follow Islam correctly, we still do bad things, we still have bad intention. it's sincerity (ikhlas) that counts. and btw, judgement day is not only for true believers, but also for whole mankind who are not muslims. and, there is actually no need to say if this is shirk or not,

right then why would Allah forgive your future sins then judge you on what??? What would you be judged on if your future sins is forgiven??

at least take a look at it this way:

assuming that you did the fast the right way, and you will be rewarded 1000 points for the fast alone. later, you made a small mistake, and your 1000 point from the fast is reduced 5 points. so, your good deeds become 995 points. after all, doing good deeds is like storing points for the hereafter, including this fast. they will be useful to minimize the score of your bad deeds on the Day of Judgement.

that's just an illustration.

wassalam,

y

ahhh see this is Islam because your storing up good deeds and your trying to do more good than bad that i have no problem with this is an excellent analogy. Now to say that my future bad deeds is forgiven is the same thing as what the christians believe and this is major shirk, Why?? Because the only sin that is not forgiven is idol worship, and if i can be forgiven for my future sins then , by using your analogy i could have 1000 point of forgiven sins then every time i commit fornication it knocks down just one point. But wait.... when hajj comes around again all year i have not commited idol worship (which is not forgivable) i have only fornicated(which is forgivable) but my future sins were forgiven for this year so all i do is do the fast with sincerity and BAM!! another year of future forgiven sins. Well now its back to grinning and sinning, im going to fornicate all the way till next hajj.

Do you see how this nullifies judgement day and makes Allah seem stupid, this is SHIRK!! What this hadith is saying is that you wont be judged on judement day , and really how can you be judged if your future sins are forgiven and you die in the year of your sins being forgiven but you die while fornicating, do you still die as a true beliver???

Just a little reminder here: idol worship is forgivable, as long as you repent before you die. Its unforgivable only if one dies while still a kafir.

For those who claim that the weird concept of forgiving Muslim's sins in advance exist in Islam, please give even one single verse that supports that concept from the Quran.

The danger of such concept is on those 'weak' Muslims, not on strong Muslims who wouldn't surrender to shaitan's temptations or waswasa. Its the less strong Muslims that such concept can affect, in those weak moments anyone can go through. Shaytan could reach us from that door of "forgiveness in advance" to tempt us to sin. If we held on to such 'in advance' forgiveness concept, this could persuade the weak among us, to sin. Even if it concerns only minor sins, not the major sins, it is still wrong. Why should anything encourage me, for example, to gaze at a beautiful girl in the street, knowing that its a minor sin and that I have fasted last year's 9th of zul-hijja, and I was led to believe that my minor sins are pre-forgiven a whole year in advance? Can you really believe that our Islam, the perfect religion and the ultimate way of life, can set such weird and flawed concept?

The Quran is crystal clear in showing us that we are accountable for each and everything we do. Repentance and asking for forgiveness has a very high importance in Islam. There are numerous verses and ahadith that made it clear that Allah :sl: loves to be begged for forgiveness. There are even ahadith that mentioned that, had we been able to commit no sins at all, Allah :sl: would replace us with people who sin so that they ask for repentance. So asking for forgiveness is very important, not just for the day of judgment, but also for purifying our hearts and getting our souls closer to our creator. It touches our heart deeper than anything when we cry in our prayers and duaa, in the dark of the nights. It trains us to be humble, in front of the Mighty Lord. If we were to be forgiven a year in advance, why then bother to ask for forgiveness, specially if all we did a whole year was just 'minor' sins?

And remember, minor sins in many cases could lead to major sins. Again, I'm talking about weak Muslims, whom such flawed concept can, one way or another, facilitate committing sins, minor then perhaps major, and then even wrongly think that asking for forgiveness is not necessary!!