Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hasib

Amd Dual Cores..

:sl: all,

How do the current stack of AMD dual cores rank against the Intel Core 2 Duos in terms of gaming performance???

PropellerAds

:sl:

Intel is still more powerful than AMD, in regards to performance and power saving. But AMD is a winner when it comes to price. So it all comes down to how much you want to spend.

Here is a chart comparing both when used to play Unreal Tournament 3 - 1680x1050:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-q3-2008/Unreal-Tournament-3-1680x1050,819.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop...0x1050,819.html[/url]

If you want to spend <$100, the chart differs:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-q3-2008/Unreal-Tournament-3-1680x1050,Prix_fpricex0b100,819.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop...x0b100,819.html[/url]

If you to spend between 100~200:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-q3-2008/Unreal-Tournament-3-1680x1050,Prix_fpricex100b200,819.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop...00b200,819.html[/url]

You can also compare the 2 brands with other games and software as benchmarks:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-q3-2008/benchmarks,31.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop...chmarks,31.html[/url]

You can also click the price range that you want to see a closer look. All the above charts are updated for Q3 of 2008. A few months later, those charts could change.

I'm not in favor of buying the latest, most powerful processor, because its always very highly priced, way ahead of the others. A few months later, it would be cheap when a better one shows up in the market. Thats why I advise you to buy the balance between price and performance, specially if you like to upgrade frequently (every 2 years or something). I guess right now, AMD Phenom X3 8450 is very nicely priced (a little less than $100) The Intel processor is x1.6 faster than the AMD (Intel: about 160 frames per sec, AMD: 99 fps in UT3), but it is x14 higher in price:

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 $1405.00

AMD Phenom X3 8450 $98.09

In other games (like Supreme Commander - Forged Alliance), the difference in performance of the above 2 seem unnoticeable:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop-cpu-charts-q3-2008/Supreme-Commander-Forged-Alliance-1680x1050,821.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettomshardware(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/charts/desktop...0x1050,821.html[/url]

Keep in mind also that Intel is manufactured almost entirely in israel, so buying it supports a terrorist regime and an enemy of Islam and all Muslims of the world.

Intel is the far better option.

But AMD is a winner when it comes to price.

I disagree with this statement. Intels CPUs are extremely overclockable, whereas AMDs aren't. For example, I can overlock my E6750 from the stock 2.66ghz to over 3.5ghz (with air cooling). Also, AMDs are more power hungry, they give off much more heat.

I'd definitely go for Intel over AMD. Remember, you also have the option of quad cores rather than dual ...although when it comes to gaming, games aren't able to utilize all of the cores just yet (as far as I know) ...but in the future they will. The cache memory on Intels CPUs also beats the AMDs... I think Intel is beating AMD in every way.

Take for example the intel E2160 which is less than £50 ...people have managed to overclock it to over 3ghz from it's stock 1.8ghz!

:sl: all,

How do the current stack of AMD dual cores rank against the Intel Core 2 Duos in terms of gaming performance???

well i don't know if am correct but either they don't have it or have a weak math co-processors, compared to intel whom has included it in all their processors. i'll have to look in to it again.