Islamic Forum
Esra

too many rooms...

:D

its just a thought..... there are many rooms in IF i think.... could it be possible that some of them are put in one group?

like we have Islamic songs, and then poems and stories section...they can also be together in one room....

or Islamic biography and the greatest book on earth.....

its that we get a large list of rooms once we log in...and thats really great sign and Mashallah the forum is progressing. but isn't it a bit too long? i m not saying to delete any room....just to give them a specific name and put the one's that are a bit smiliar in one group....

:D i don't know what others think about it...its just my thought..... :D

PropellerAds

:D,

I think it is good how it is! :D

I definitely agree. It takes forever to go through all these rooms, plus when topics are scattered all over the place like that, participation decreases.

ya i guess thats a good idea. :D

...........maybe have the sister's chat further away from the brothers so ppl can stop accidently entering....... the rest looks fine to me

...........maybe have the sister's chat further away from the brothers so ppl can stop accidently entering....... the rest looks fine to me

^^^^

ahem, yeah "accidently"

you're so naive :tongue:

asalam alaikum

in the main page, if you look at the top right of every box of forums, there is a little red minus button, its very small, look out for it, its on the top right of the group of forums, click that and all the rooms in that category are then minimised, just a sidenote if scrolling through all of them is tedious.

Assalaamalaikum

I have an idea delete/close the brothers room and sister room.

Assalamu alaikum,

Roger that.

Brother dot, please do close the seperate brothers' and sisters's rooms. There is simply NO point to have seperate rooms when they are open to everyone.

Also, infrequent members, who aren't aware of the change yet, might post a sensetive topic w/out knowing that it will be readable by everyone. I am sure none of us would like people from the other gender to know about our private issues. So please close the rooms, even if it's to save the embarrassment of only one person.

W.salaam wr wb.

Guest amani

any topic that is too sensitive ..with a risk of people not knowing that is no longer sensitive can easliy be made invisible by the mods until proper approval.

IF could not give proper privacy to the sensitive rooms. people were taking advantage and entering them without proper permission. sisters like talking to each other and brothers like fighting with each other

so brother Dot gave the next best thing which was a sisters room and a brothers room for all to view..but only the gender may post!

its new now thats why people are a bit wary but now your goni gto have to love it :D because :D its staying (w00t)

regaridng general chat..if you noticed no more posting there

Funny how the sisters never click on the brothers room accidently eh?

You know this is ridiculous! the forum is GREAT just how it is. Have control and don't post sensitive posts that's all. Mix with only your own gender kinda like how you all go into the general chat area but only this will be with your gender.

Some people are making this harder than it is subhanaAllah. This is the internet and if you think your going to be safe even in password only posts well I have news for you, Your not.

Let's grow up people and just do what the rules say, dot has posted them in announcements.

Oh by the way don't forget to read or listen to Al Khalf today. Just a reminder.

May Allah reward our brother dot for all the hard work he has put in this forum and the moderators who try to keep this forum under control Ameen Ameen Ameen

Yeah, thats true, i mean at least other people sign out and come to our room as guests *ducks*

Funny how GUESTS coming to IF discover the brothers' room before anything else :grin:

Guests like us somehow...

:grin:

hmmm.... i see, so many members here agree with me :D thats good....

seems good idea to me too.... i think then people won't make the lame excuse of * i-clicked-mistakenly*

Edited by Grace_of_Allah

Assalamu alaikum,

Roger that.

Brother dot, please do close the seperate brothers' and sisters's rooms. There is simply NO point to have seperate rooms when they are open to everyone.

Also, infrequent members, who aren't aware of the change yet, might post a sensetive topic w/out knowing that it will be readable by everyone. I am sure none of us would like people from the other gender to know about our private issues. So please close the rooms, even if it's to save the embarrassment of only one person.

W.salaam wr wb.

so is it good that sis and bro talk in general chat rather than talking separate from eachother? i think its a lot better than that. and everyone is told not to post sensitive issues in this forum. they can see the warning being given above the Forum and i don't think anyone will want to post anything sensitive in an open forum without password.

Are those the imaginary guests you're talking about? Yeah, I noticed them lurking around the brothers too (NOT).

Assalam-ul-Alaikum,

I agree there are too many of them. :D

I've done it once, sis. (I was trying to enter General Chat but in a hurry I clicked Brothers' Room) :D :D But I swear I didn't read any of the topics!

Are those the imaginary guests you're talking about? Yeah, I noticed them lurking around the brothers too (NOT).

ooooh yes, as imaginary as afG, YOU just admitted that you went there.......waiiittttt, i might have seen your name there :tongue:

YES

BUSTED!

PEEEEOPLEE, afG infiltrated our room, and read our highly sensitive topics (the likes of 'why Donkey Kong is called Donkey Kong,' very thoughtful indeed)

Listen dudette, you either have to admit that you're behind all the security breaches that we've been seeing lately, or i am gonna have to take the spiteful decision of suing you under provision ~364 of article ~~i am so incredibly bored ....

Man, i thought you were a lot better than that, i mean, why would you do something like? does it make you feel any better?

(okkk....i'm j/k :grin: )

but seriouslllllyyyyyyyy, we do have "guests" lurking around all the time :shuriken:

regaridng general chat..if you noticed no more posting there

but whyyy? coz you know there are unisex topics that are relevant to both of us, so i dont really get it honestly.....

Edited by Blyss Vessel

Listen here dude, I told you once before.. that was my twin! Since we look identical (except, him being the male-version of me), share everything else.. we thought we might as well share the same member name here. I mean, we're both Afghan (duh) so it made sense.. why waste more of dot's time approving members when we can sharee (sharing is caring after all.. or so they say).

I repeat, t'was NOT me but my male twin who uses the same account as myself, ha!

What do you have to say for yourself now, eh eh eh?

(Btw - I accept apologies in monetary form only).

Listen here dude, I told you once before.. that was my twin! Since we look identical (except, him being the male-version of me), share everything else.. we thought we might as well share the same member name here. I mean, we're both Afghan (duh) so it made sense.. why waste more of dot's time approving members when we can sharee (sharing is caring after all.. or so they say).

I repeat, t'was NOT me but my male twin who uses the same account as myself, ha!

What do you have to say for yourself now, eh eh eh?

(Btw - I accept apologies in monetary form only).

(HAHAHAHAHA)

(woooo, u just changed ur a-vatar, spiffyyyy)

you do know i have a sister right? well, i do, thats why blyss is kinda feminine, isnt it? i am just saying that incase she decides to visit. Just letting you know beforehand.

I dont have to apologize for anything, PLUS i am so mischievously broke right now you have no idea haha, so dont expect anything out of me......

(you know whats lame? i didnt know afG means AFGHAN)