Islamic Forum
freedslave

Beware Of Harun Yahya ~ Is This True?

:sl:

I came across this video on youtube...its about Dr. Bilal Philips, a famous Canadian-based theologist of Islam, who basically says here that we should be aware of Harun Yahya's works because he believes in pantheism, or Wahdat al-wujûd (the belief that God resides in all things, which thus makes all things worthy of worship. This is similar to the beliefs of polytheists and idol-worshipping philosophies and religions.)

I was a bit taken aback by this, as we all know the exemplary works of Harun Yahya, and how widespread his books and videos are in the Muslim world.

So I just wanted to clarify, is this true?

Beware of Harun Yahya - Excerpt from speech by Dr. Bilal Philips

PropellerAds

:sl: we dont know what is going on now.. this is crazy!

because he believes in pantheism, or Wahdat al-wujûd

As far as I know, that's not true.

From his website:

"Let us state, before all else, that the author of this book is a believer strictly abiding by the doctrine of Ahlus Sunnah and does not defend the view of Wahdatul Wujood. "

Full article here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/50wahdatulwujood.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/50wahdatulwujood.php[/url]

A detailed Al Jazeera intervew with Harun Yahya:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/new_releases/news/070806_interview_aljazeera.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/new_releases/new...w_aljazeera.php[/url]

Assalamu Alaykum

Can you give me the source of these allegations. There is a party who systematically spreads allegations and rumours about many scholars.

Sorry brother muhsinmuttaqi, the video was the only thing I could find...

To my knowledge, Dr. Bilal Philips is a good teacher, speaker and worker of Islam (though not officially recognized as a scholar), and he's not affiliated to any party.

:j:

As far as I know, that's not true.

From his website:

"Let us state, before all else, that the author of this book is a believer strictly abiding by the doctrine of Ahlus Sunnah and does not defend the view of Wahdatul Wujood. "

Full article here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/50wahdatulwujood.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/50wahdatulwujood.php[/url]

A detailed Al Jazeera intervew with Harun Yahya:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/new_releases/news/070806_interview_aljazeera.php"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetharunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/new_releases/new...w_aljazeera.php[/url]

:no:

Jazakallahkahir brother.

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

The same party I was referring to even spread horrible allegations against Bilal Philips himself and other shuyookh and speakers such as Ahmad Deedat, Yusuf Estes, Muhammad Alshareef, Yasir Qadhi, and Imam Al-Qurtubee - the mufassir.

Have you ever heard about a guy named Abu Khadeejah?

Salam

No I have not.

Subhanallah, I have the same question, a lot of people are claiming that Yasir Qadhi, Muhammad al Shareef, Waleed BAsyouni, most of the instructors at an institute called Al Maghrib are innovators. how can this be proved

Them Birmingham lot i think? Nothing surprises me if it is the same one

They have this website called salafi publications, they slander everyone in there, they think they are the saved sect...ahem

Edited by Al Farooq

Asalaamu aleykum,

Them Birmingham lot i think? Nothing surprises me if it is the same one

They have this website called salafi publications, they slander everyone in there, they think they are the saved sect...ahem

I checked the site Salafi Publications...but they donot mention any of those people Yusha Israeel talks about. there is also just one article from a Abu Khadeeja what even speak harshly against terrorist plots.

Also they donot slander everyone in there..only warn against the innovators like bareilwi, Deobandi, Sufi, Shia etc...

"They have this...They slander...They think........." It looks like you are the one slandering when you 're not even sure that " they" ..are the same group of people where Yusha Israeel speaks about,...ahem

wa asalaamu aleykum

brothers, concerning harun yahya. I'm very sure there is a misunderstanding.If you watch his videos or read his book he totally refuted the fact that he believe in Wahdatul Wujood.I'm a big fan of both scholar, Dr.Abu ameenah Bilal philips and Adnan oktar(harun yahya).Their book enlighten me.We have to be more careful of what we read, media is not always right. read their book and you will know how precious their works are.

I don't listen to Harun Yahya, but I do listen to Bilal Phillips from time to time, may I ask why you don't listen to Bilal Phillips Aussie?

**edited out as I don't want it to come across as slander. Bottom line is I am not a fan of his style**

There are plenty of other good speakers around. e.g. Shaykh Hamza Yusuf or if you want someone more Salafi oriented Shaykh Muhammad Al-Shareef is your man, beautiful speaker and never speaks down on anyone.

Edited by Aussie

Assalamu Alaykum

None of you should be making comments about scholars without having the ulma advise us about them.

There are a plenty of sects that wouldn't listen to Bilal Philips because they belong to a sect!

I don't know anything about Harun Yahya. I never bothered to read because people of knowledge are known:

• Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Bin Baz

• Shaykh Naasir ud-Deen al-Albaanee

• Shaykh Muhammad bin Saalih al-`Uthaymeen

• Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan

• Shaykh Muqbil bin Haadee

• Shaykh `Abdul-`Azeez Aal ush-Shaykh

• Shaykh ul-Islaam Muhammad bin `Abdul-Wahhaab

• Shaykh `Abdullah bin Ghudayaan

• Shaykh `Abdullaah bin Qu`ood

These are top scholars.

They maybe top scholars but most of the people on that list are dead whereas Harun Yahya, Bilil Phillips, Hamza Yusuf, Muhammad Al-Shareef are not.

In my opinion we should not just blindly follow what anyone says..if we hear any doubtful thing from any of the scholars we should search on our own whether what they are saying is in accordance with THE HOLY QURAN and SUNNAH or not.

Edited by Nughair

Sounds logical to me. It would be foolish to blindly follow one group or certain scholars from one country and reject everyone else.

Edited by Aussie

They maybe top scholars but most of the people on that list are dead whereas Harun Yahya, Bilil Phillips, Hamza Yusuf, Muhammad Al-Shareef are not.
Islam is perfected and completed. Scholars from each generation struggle to preserve Islam correctly and make the innovators known.

Yes, they are dead, but their knowledge exists. We do not need their bodies. It isn't a country...

In my opinion we should not just blindly follow what anyone says..if we hear any doubtful thing from any of the scholars we should search on our own whether what they are saying is in accordance with THE HOLY QURAN and SUNNAH or not.
Harun Yahya is not a scolar dear. However, Bilal Philips is. Yusuf Estes or Dr. Zaik Naik are not scholars either. Mya Allah reward them all. Edited by Orthodox

how is bilal phillips a scholar?

Whta do you mean sister? He is a qualified scholar. I like reading stuff from ancient scholars though.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfamousmuslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bilal%20Philips.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetfamousmuslims(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bilal%20Philips.htm[/url]

i meant wouldn't speaker or teacher be more fitting? a phd from the university of wales (although very impressive) is not what we'd consider the education of an Islamic scholar.

I can pate you what one needs to obtain to qualify to become a scholar. Is that what you want?

Because I am not really sure if Bilal Philips is a scholar. I do not ccare nor would I agrue over it. It is what the site says. You mentioned one out of his achievements.

Islam is perfected and completed. Scholars from each generation struggle to preserve Islam correctly and make the innovators known.

So you are saying that there is living scholars that we should listen to? Because that is what I am saying.

Yes, they are dead, but their knowledge exists. We do not need their bodies. It isn't a country...

The thing is reading a text is not like having it explained by a scholar hence we have a scholarly tradition (e.g. living people learning, teaching and preserving the deen).

Secondly we need living scholars (such as Shaykh Hamza Yusuf) to help us with contemporary issues.

And we don't have scholars who inherited their deen from the Salf, what a logic. The chain goes on alhamdulillah.

Brother, I don't mean to disrespect you, but I don't see any benefit over this thread, no insult bros and sis, please don't respond.

I say that we all start learning Islam from the Qur'aan:

Some quotes from,

Ibn Taymiyyah,

Imaam an-Nawawi

Muhammad Ibn al-Fadl,

regarding starting learning knowledge with Quran.

(posted on Multaqa by dear brother Akhookum )

Quote:

"As for seeking to memorize the Qur`aan, then this is to be given preference over many of the things that the people consider to be knowledge, but are - in reality - either totally useless, or having little benefit.

It is also to be given precedence in learning especially by those who wish to acquire knowledge of the Deen, its principles and its particulars. Since what is prescribed for such a person at this time is that he should begin by memorizing the Qur`aan,as it is the foundation of the branches of the knowledge of the Deen.

This is contrary to what is done by many of the people of innovation from the non-Arabs and other than them, in that one of them will pre-occupy himself with superfluous parts of knowledge; such as kalaam (rhetorical speech) and argumentation; or very rare matters of differences; and blind-following; which there is no need for; or very strange and rare ahaadeeth, which are not established, nor of benefit;and many discussions which do not establish proofs. And he abandons memorizing the Qur`aan which is more important than all of this."

- Shaykh ul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah, al-Fataawaa al-Kubraa (2/54-55)

Quote:

"So the first thing he should begin with is memorization of the mighty Qur`aan, which is the most important branches of knowledge. And the Salaf did not use to teach Hadeeth or Fiqh, except to one who memorized the Qur`aan. So when he has memorized it, then let him beware of pre-occupying himself from it with Hadeeth, Fiqh or other things, to the extent that it leads him to forget anything of the Qur`aan, or makes that likely."

- al-Imaam an-Nawawi, from the introduction to al-Majmoo' Sharh ul-Muhadhhab (1/38)

Quote:

"I heard my grandfather say: I asked my father for permission to study under Qutaybah so he said: "First learn the Qur`aan and then I will give you permission." So I memorized the Qur`aan by heart. So he said to me: "Remain until you have led the people in prayer with it (i.e for Taraaweeh Prayer)." So I did so, then after the 'Eed he gave me permission, so I left for Marw."

- Muhammad Ibn al-Fadl, reported by adh-Dhahabi in Tadhkirat ul-Huffaadh (2/722)

May Allah forgive us.

Edited by Orthodox