Islamic Forum
shez

How Islamic Is Saudi-arabia?

:sl:

Not sure which forum should this go under....

Anyway i have been informed by various people about the silly things done by "officials" in saudi arabia in mekkah! i will list some that i can remember

1. When people are sleeping, they are woken up by [other] people who use Quran against sleeping persons feet

2. Any type of religious education is prohibited in Mekkah

3. You cant face Holy Prophets grave whilst making a dua

And this one really makes me angry:

During the last football world cup which saudi arabia also took part in, they allowed (& we didnt even protest like we did with cartoons etc) their flag to be on footballs!!! the flag has "kalma tayeba" on it btw! this is disrespect to Islam!

PropellerAds

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

The people in charge of the two holy cities were given that position by Allah (The Glorified and Exalted), out of His Infinite Wisdom and Knowledge. These cities, Makkah and Madinah, were blessed by two of the greatest prophets, Ibrahim and Our Messenger (peace and blessings be upon them). Allah (The Glorified) has protected them from every enemy, and will protect them even from Ad-Dajjal (The False Messiah). The people of Saudi Arabia are nothing less than Puritan Muslims.

Now, coming to your allegations. It is first important to remember that one must always question the source from which he retrieves information.

1) As for your first inquiry, the people of Saudi Arabia are awoken in the mornings by the Adhan that is heard loudly, calling the people to awaken and Glorify Allah (may He be Exalted). In Islam, we know that every human being has been given a Qareen (a jinn companion) that whispers disobedience and transgression against the rights of Allah. Therefore, if some individuals have been overcome by the whispers of their qareen, thereby straying from Islam, then those persons may engage in what you have mentioned. Generally speaking, it is unfortunate that many Muslims expect the believers in the Holy Land to behave as angels, when man is not an angel. In Islam, it is expected that every man and woman will eventually commit sins during their lifetime, due to the weakness in the state of man. When one commits sin, they should immediately repent and return to obedience.

2) I do not have knowledge of any schools within Makkah, but there are plenty of religious schools, including the public schools which teach religion, across the entire nation.

3) Muslims are not permitted to face the grave of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) during prayer or when making Dua. What is the intention of the one that faces the grave of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him? If this person believes the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) can answer his prayer, then that is considered shirk, and that individual has left Islam.

4) As for the fifa soccer balls that contain the flag of Saudi Arabia, the Kingdom has told fifa numerous times to stop placing their flag on those soccer balls.

You may learn more about Islam and what Saudi Muslims think about Islam, at the following site: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamqa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en[/url]

Edited by Ruk

:sl:

Not sure which forum should this go under....

Anyway i have been informed by various people about the silly things done by "officials" in saudi arabia in mekkah! i will list some that i can remember

1. When people are sleeping, they are woken up by [other] people who use Quran against sleeping persons feet

2. Any type of religious education is prohibited in Mekkah

3. You cant face Holy Prophets grave whilst making a dua

And this one really makes me angry:

During the last football world cup which saudi arabia also took part in, they allowed (& we didnt even protest like we did with cartoons etc) their flag to be on footballs!!! the flag has "kalma tayeba" on it btw! this is disrespect to Islam!

Asalaam wr wb jazakallah brother for the wonderful reply to this topic! Firstly i think it should be said that since were human beings it is very easy to pick at the mistakes and flaws of others! So this is something we should try to avoid although its human nature to complain about something! Also iv'e been saudi arabia a while back and i'm not talking just about the holy citys but it is well known that they treat south asian people very badly and some of themn do think that they are higher than other Muslims especially south asian in the indian subcontinent! This sense of pride is something which can lead a person to the fire because it is said that if a person has one atom of pride in their hearts then they cannot enter jannah!Im saying this because middle eastern arabs are well knmown for it not just in saudi! It does upset me because its something i and many others have experienced! May Allah guide these people who act like this! Also it should be added that the most important issue mentioned here is facing the prophets grave when supplicating! Why should someone face the prophets grave when suplicating? do you mean actually praying to the porophet himself? Because i do know that brelvee people do invoke the prophets and awliya(Friends of Allah) and this practice is major shirk because yes Allah did say in the Qur'an that the prophets and awliyah are alive in their graves but ye percieve not but they are alive in the sense of the stage of Barzakh which means they are alive only in their graves and they are not omnipresent(everywhere) becasue only Allah sees and hears everything and Allah clearly tells us in the Qur'an that do NOT INVOKE ON ANYONE BUT ME! CAN THEY ANSWRER YOUR PRAYERS? VERILY IT IS ONLY ME THAT CAN ANSWER YOUR SUPPLICATIONS!

alhumdulillah rabe alalameen ,

lets see the brainstorming wisdom of puzzles coming forth to this allegation , this is a blessing from Allah , im here to help and i ask Allah to help me with my saying.

The world is full of both sides , but as in Saudi Arabia , of what i came across are both good and bad , the bad part is that you can see the badness in them , that they rip you steal you and even scare you and make you feel bad , and their imaan is not for the after life as you can see.

but the good part is they are very good , like the heart of what i see a good heart is .

when i was in Saudi Arabia yes i didnt like the bad people i came across but why analyze that way , is it that way how people analysis data ?

can we just say the badpart of them are in that bad factor side ?

and the other countries have a bad part but not as unique as saudi ?

im not Saudi ,... but i love the good heart in them they have a good heart deep in them i saw 1 bad person became good it was very emotional it got the people near me to cry and to see that we actaully are worst then hes beautiful glowing heart which glowed infront of us , i ask Allah to give us the noor in our heart and forever and ever make us how he pleases .