Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DAWATEISLAMI.NET mustvisit

Dieting And Keeping Fit

salaam brothers and sisters i was just wondering if there were any like exercise our beloved prophet did or anything before eating and after eating like i wanna keep myself fit so i can pray longer salaats and other stuff can someone please tell me some hadiths that relate to my subject jazakallah khair

PropellerAds

:sl:

I've never heard of specific exercises he did. I think mostly he just kept active. He worked: cleaning, fixing things, making things, praying, preparing food, sewing, building things, etc.

It is part of our duty to care for our bodies. Subhan'Allah, Astagfur'Allah.

The most important thing is to not over eat. And to eat more vegetables, fruits etc. and stay away from fattening and unhealthy foods.

The prophet :sl: said, "A human being has not filled any vessel which is worse than a belly. Enough for the son of Adam are some mouthfuls which can keep his back straight: but if there is no escape he should fill it a third with food, a third with drink, and leave a third empty."

Al Tirmidhi Hadith No. 1355 Narrated Al-Miqdam ibn Ma`dikarib

The prophet :no: talked about black seed and honey having cures and being good to eat. Also vinegar.

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

This is a lecture about how important fitness and sports are in Islam. The speaker gives us examples from Qur'an and Sunnah about this topic. He explains how the prophet and the sahaba kept themselves fit. You need to know that their lifestyle forced them to be physically active. They did not have job such as sitting in offices. Their work and daily life naturally made them fit. The walked a lot which means tha hiking, but also going walking is a good way to keep yourself fit. I believe that riding camels and horses keep one fit:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethalaltube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/yaser-birjas-fitness-in-Islam"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yethalaltube(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/yaser-birjas-fitness-in-Islam[/url]

if you want to imitate Prophet :sal: then eat less and try fasting for days! If he can do it as a human then you should have no problem either :sl: