25 members have voted

1. 1. .

• Friday
    • Saturday
    • Sunday

PropellerAds

:sl:

Eid Mubarak to you too and to all brothers and sisters in advance! :no:

:j: for informing of the UK Eid day... we were just about to call the masjid now.

:j:

Mines on saturday.

Its weird cause the central Masjid says sat,but my birmingham friend says their Masjid say its friday.:sl:

My local area say sat aswell

arghhh Im going crazy our Masjid says its saturday but all the mesjids including Saudi says its tomorrow and I'm stuck on what to do.

Know what you mean.

Why does that happen though?

Eid should be on one day not spread across a few days.

Any excuse to get free holidays I think. :j:

My local masjid (UK) says tomorrow is the first day of Shawwal and therefore the day of 'Eid. Eid Mubarak IF community :sl:.

It's not maghrib time here yet :sl: but i am sure in Montreal the moon will not be able to be sighted since its extremaly clouded.. Insha Allah we'll probably find out tonite..

Assalamualikum

I'm really confused i'm not sure if Eids on friday or saturday, some say it's on saturday and others say it's on Friday. How do you when Eid is? someone help. My family celebrating on saturday so I guess that's when I'm celebrating (I'm in the UK). Eid mubarak to everyone.

Eed is on the first of Shawaal. Islamic months begin from when the new moon is sighted, and thats why there is sometimes a confusion. Some places go according to calculations of whether it is possible for the moon to be seen, and like that they decide which day will be Eed. Other go by the sunnah way of searching for the moon, and if they see the new moon, the next day will be Eed. If they do not see the moon, then they will fast the next day and then do Eed.

My local masjid isn't answering the phone :sl:

So if central Masjid says Saturday, then I guess it's Saturday, then again UK-ers are either saying fri or sat...wall'Allahu alam!

It depends on when the 1st Shawwal falls :no:

To end the confusion InshaAllah:

-UK Masjids which follow Saudi are doing Eid tomorrow (Friday).

-UK Masjids which follow local moon sighting will be doing 'Eid on Saturday since the moon was not visible tonight.

Wa'Allahu alam.

Assalamualikum

Tell me about it Aamina it's confusing but lets hope the UK celebrates on the same day. :sl:

Asalamualikum

Thank you for that emel...that gets rid of some of the confusion....I'm going with Saturday.

Jazaka'Allaah khayr sis Emel, I guess I'm leaning toward Saturday in that case. Insha'Allaah Islam4ever and emel, both of you have a good Eid. Eid Mubarak to all :j:

Muslims living in non-Muslim countries should not follow individual masjids each. There should be someone authoritative who decides that for all Muslims living in that country. Following different timing in the same country deprives the eid from most of the reason behind it: to unite the ummah. How can Muslims living in the same country divide among themselves and perform eid's prayer in 2 different days?!

^^ i agree with Uncle Dot... :sl: in South Africa there is one Hilaal commitee for the whole contry. In Canada though, mostly every city goes by their masjids, so for example in Montreal they have practically every Eed two groups having Eed on two different days!

Muslims living in non-Muslim countries should not follow individual masjids each. There should be someone authoritative who decides that for all Muslims living in that country. Following different timing in the same country deprives the eid from most of the reason behind it: to unite the ummah. How can Muslims living in the same country divide among themselves and perform eid's prayer in 2 different days?!

Exactly akhi... That just shows how disunited we are. I was reading a post eariler on about Eid manners and subhannallah the prophet saw advised everyone to attend eid prayers to see the unification of the ummah. But these days all you see is separation. astagfirullah.

It is extreamly confusing for people like me who have little knowladge. I understand that the moon should be sighted with the eye and saudi have not sighted it but calculated it thus declaring Eid on calculation. Although i belive it should be sighted rather then calculated i am not a scholar thus i think we should follow the opinion of the majoirty. Since we are safer that way.

mecca should be the centre of our Islam and a form of unification. becuase of this i will be doing Eid on Friday even though i think it should be saturday.

Allah knows best.

Thats not right brother. You should follow the ruling for your country, even if its different from that of Saudi Arabia. The whole idea, as you mentioned, is to unite Muslims living in the same community/country. Separate decisions within the same country are not right. If your country decided to go with the saudis, fine. If not, follow what they decide. That applies even in eidul adha.

And Allah :sl: knows best.

Over here almost everyone is going according to Saudi Arabia,

except for Indian Muslims and Agha-khani they go according to India!

Why can't we just have the Eid on the same day!

May Allah :sl: help us all! Ameen

Edited by hira

Know what you mean.

Why does that happen though?

Eid should be on one day not spread across a few days.

Any excuse to get free holidays I think. :no:

Guys please we are all humans here. you should know the rules for EID.. you look up in the sky at maghrib time and if you see the moon, its eid tomorrow if you dont then eid is NOT tomorrow.

and its not an excuse to get free holiday lol as sat & sun are already a hol.. its just us muslims are either lazy (we cant look up in the sky?) rely on other people or dont know the rulings....

btw i dont know how EID can be celebrated on sunday if you started the ramadan with other people, as far as i am aware you can only have 30 days of fasting eg if you cant see the moon on 29th then do fasting on 30th and then do eid..

Edited by shez

I'll vote later on! If we see the moon tonight (friday) then sat is eid..if not, then we will complete 30 days of fasting and eid will on sunday.

We have a good hilal sighting committee (hilalsighting(contact admin if its a beneficial link))

Edited by passerby

Salaam,

Eid is on saturday in sydney, Rooty Hill

we should respect other people's decison but if a person sees the moon then EVERYONE should follow it. it seems like every masjid believes they are ALL right and this happens every year. I mean, no joke, every year our masjid only fasts 29 days and we r one day sometimes 2 days later than everyone else-its sad. And this is just for Eid, imagine the more important issues that us muslims face in this current world.

peace