Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake

SHoes and Salah

Salaam bro,

I pray you ar ein good health and my questions aren't a burden and may Allah reward you for your efforts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The case is I was praying in the parking lot yesterday and I I just remembered I had impurties in my shoes so I waited until I finished recited Al-Faitha and an additional sura until I took my shoes off. Does me waiting to take my shoe off have any effect to my prayer. To make it more clear, do I have to repeat my prayer because I did not immediately take my shoes off. Salaam

PropellerAds

Walaikum Assalam, brother!

:D I am, and pray you are too.

I take pleasure in replying to questions as I get the opportunity to pass on the little knowledge Allah :D has given to me out of His Mercy. Just pray that I get more knowledge and opportunity to help my brothers and sisters. May I get rewrad for this, so that I do not get to see jahannum.

Your question has been very appropriately dealt with in "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=20258&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=20258&dgn=4[/url] The first para was relevant, so I have reproduced it here.

One of the conditions which must be met before starting to pray is to make sure that one's body and clothes and the place in which the Muslim is going to pray are all clean and free of impurities. It was narrated from the Prophet  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that he used to pray wearing his shoes. Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) was asked, “Did the Prophet  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) pray wearing shoes?â€? He said, “Yes.â€? (al-Bukhaari, 386; Muslim, 555). This is to be understood as meaning, so long as there is no impurity on the shoes; if there is any impurity on them then it is not permissible to pray in them. If a person forgets and prays wearing shoes when there is some impurity on them, then he has to take them off when he finds out or remembers. This is because of the hadeeth of Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri who said: “While the Messenger of Allaah  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was leading his companions in prayer, he took off his shoes and placed them to his left. When the people saw that, they took off their shoes too. When the Messenger of Allaah  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) finished his prayer, he asked, ‘What made you take off your shoes?’ They said, ‘We saw you take off your shoes, so we took ours off too.’ The Messenger of Allaah  (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘Jibreel (peace be upon him) came to me and told me that there was something dirty on them.’ When any one of you comes to the Masjid, let him look and if he sees anything dirty on his shoes, let him wipe them and then pray in them.â€? (Abu Dawood, 650; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in  Saheeh Abi Dawood, 605).

In summary, what you did was correct. But, in future, check your clothing and shoes before starting your prayers.

Wassalam