Islamic Forum
crystal_sword

Scores Die In Israeli Air Strikes:*updated* 350+ Dead

:sl: Dear Muslims

Palestinians say israeli F-16 bombers have launched a series of air strikes against key targets in the Gaza Strip, killing and injuring dozens of people.

Missiles destroyed security compounds run by the militant group Hamas in the centre of Gaza City, killing at least 120 people, Hamas officials said.

The strikes, the most intense israeli attacks on Gaza in recent times, come after the expiry of a truce with Hamas.

israel had threatened an offensive to stop the firing of rockets from Gaza.

israel confirmed the strikes, saying they were launched in response to continued rocket fire by Palestinian militants against israeli towns.

They targeted "Hamas terror operatives" as well as training camps and weaponry storage warehouses, the country's military said in a statement.

Hamas quickly vowed to carry out revenge attacks on israel in response to the air strikes.

In the West Bank, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas - whose Fatah faction was ousted from Gaza by Hamas in 2007 - condemned the attacks and called for restraint.

Offensive planned?

Reports of the casualties in Gaza mounted swiftly after news broke of the israeli operation.

Palestinian militant group Hamas, which controls Gaza, initially said at least 40 people had been killed when a missile hit security headquarters in and around Gaza City.

That figure quickly rose, Hamas saying 120 were killed and some 400 people injured, the BBC Katya Adler reports from Jerusalem.

Medics in Gaza also reported high casualties, saying 120 people died in Gaza City and 23 in the southern city of Khan Younis, Reuters news agency said.

"Most security headquarters in Gaza were completely destroyed in the Zionist shelling," the Hamas-run al-Aqsa TV station said.

The air strikes are the most intense israel has launched against Gaza for some time, and come amid rumours that that a ground operation is imminent.

israeli security officials have been briefing about the possibility of a new offensive into Gaza for some days now, says the BBC's Paul Wood, in Jerusalem.

But most reports centred on the possibility of a ground offensive, and Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was not expected to authorise any operation until Sunday at the earliest.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7800985.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7800985.stm[/url]

__

PropellerAds

What would you expect?

I think that civilian casualties are ultimately guaranteed by these attacks and therefore they can be called terrorism.

And, of course, the rockets from Hamas are terrorism and not "defense."

No one comments. This is unbelievable. Don't dare insult the American public for not voting if most of you can't even say what you think.

No one comments. This is unbelievable. Don't dare insult the American public for not voting if most of you can't even say what you think.

please forgive them for not posting comments here today. maybe after returning home and logging on gawaher, they will. insha Allah.

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/features/health/medicine/la-fg-gaza-arab-react28-2008dec28,0,868043.story"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetlatimes(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/features/health/med...,0,868043.story[/url]

wassalam,

y

first they starve them to death and now their bombing them

may Allah give the people of gaza strength

salaam

"Take Mahmoud Abbas, the President of the PA, who back in March, accused israel of carrying out a “Holocaust†in Gaza. Hamas, he has said very publicly, could have avoided the israeli attack: “We spoke to them and told them ‘Please, we ask you not to end the cease-fire. Let it continue. We want to protect the Gaza Strip. We don’t want it to be destroyed.’â€

Or take Egypt, which is accusing Hamas of imposing a blockade on injured civilians trying to leave Gaza for medical treatment. As ambulances arrived at the Rafah border crossing, and tons of medical equipment landed at the nearby El Arish airport, a security official said, “No one has come in, we don’t know why they’re closed on the other side.â€

It’s not hard to hazard a guess. Hamas thrives on abject misery: that’s why it callously goaded israel into this operation, that’s why it refuses to evacuate the wounded while theatrically announcing that Gaza’s own hospitals cannot cope. The more awareness of the true nature of Hamas spreads among Arabs and Muslims, the more hopeful the outlook in the long run."

I live in the US where we don't have freedom of speech. In light of the situation, specially post 9/11, and now specially with the Holy Land Foundation trial and the people that were convicted, people that I knew and I know they were innocent, I prefer to keep quiet on certain matters specially regarding israel so as not give anyone any excuse to get me into any trouble.

About 280+ Dead, 700 wounded.

Second day of Contiunous indiscriminate bombing.

1 or 2 israelis died in return ...

why is it that until today i still haven't heard any outrage and condemnation from your people and govt?

wassalam,

y

why is it that until today i still haven't heard any outrage and condemnation from your people and govt?

wassalam,

y

I feel like I'm watching a toddler shoot a tiger with a pellet gun and expect nothing to happen.

Isn't it true that israel left all of Gaza last year?

I don't support the israeli response.

Outside of work today there was a protest against israel. I didn't get to see it, but I could hear it through thick windows three floors up.

Outside of work today there was a protest against israel. I didn't get to see it, but I could hear it through thick windows three floors up.

it must be a tiny little protest that it doesn't even made a local headline, does it?

I feel like I'm watching a toddler shoot a tiger with a pellet gun and expect nothing to happen.

you are right. only zionist could give such a barbaric brutal response to a toddler

wassalam,

y

it must be a tiny little protest that it doesn't even made a local headline, does it?

you are right. only zionist could give such a barbaric brutal response to a toddler

wassalam,

y

No, the protests are in the news. There was more then one. Both pro-israel and against israel I guess.

Tahir Hussain recently returned from what he said was the most moving experience of his life, a pilgrimage to Mecca, where he saw millions of fellow Muslims from across the world praying in peace. Yesterday, at a Lebanese take-out shop in Allston, his eyes were riveted by images of bomb blasts and rubble coming from a television on the wall that was showing Al-Jazeera's coverage of the israeli airstrikes in Gaza.

That food shop is right by my house.

The rest of the article is here: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetboston(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/12/30/conflict_stirs_deep_passion_across_hub/?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetboston(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/local/massachus...ostPop_Emailed4[/url]

No, the protests are in the news. There was more then one. Both pro-israel and against israel I guess

you don't really know how to read news, do you? and you are not really that critical for a questioner. for a horrible event like this, all your article wrote is something like:

an israeli informational technology worker who was shopping at the Butcherie

and from the thousand of suffered palestinians that you can see (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetarrahmah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php/news/read/2866/foto-tragedi-berdarah-gaza"]here[/url], your article chose to post a pic of a single crying israeli lady, who looks to be healthy and with complete organs.

That food shop is right by my house.

yeah ... right ....

wassalam,

y

you don't really know how to read news, do you?

Thanks for the insult my friend. It is very productive. And, you should know, that my single listing of a single article defines the way that I interpret the news.

for a horrible event like this, all your article wrote is something like:

an israeli informational technology worker who was shopping at the Butcherie

So you skipped the quotes from the Muslims? Interesting. You demonize one side without considering the other. That is the very reason why israel has the support it has across the world.

and from the thousand of suffered palestinians that you can see (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetarrahmah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php/news/read/2866/foto-tragedi-berdarah-gaza"]here[/url], your article chose to post a pic of a single crying israeli lady, who looks to be healthy and with complete organs.

(Regarding doubting that I have a Lebanese store near my house)

yeah ... right ....

wassalam,

y

You're saying that I'm lying about having a store near my house. Why is that so hard to believe.

On another note:

I worked in the local news industry for a while and that article is pretty much what we can churn out on a days notice. You walk the street and find people with different view points then print their quotes. Read Reuters or the AP if you want international coverage.

And I agree, it isn't fair to just post a picture of an israeli woman. I have a feeling that they pictures from Gaza were too bloody for the website or there was too much pressure from local Jewish groups not to print those pictures.

You're saying that I'm lying about having a store near my house. Why is that so hard to believe.

you missed my whole point. ok, i'll state it in a more simple way: if the west require muslims to go to the street condemning the mysterious unknown alqaeda for 9/11, then why can't we expect large number of americans go to the street condemning this brutality shown by israel?

what you showed me is an article whose journalist interviewing people who are shopping at the butcherie for example and asking for their opinions about current events.

So you skipped the quotes from the Muslims? Interesting.

which quotes? and why do you think they are significant to the discussion?

You demonize one side without considering the other. That is the very reason why israel has the support it has across the world.

why should i demonize both sides at this very moment? there is time for everything. and how exactly did i demonize them? that's a weird statement that the world gives support to israel because i am, yasnov, demonize only one side. how weird that the world people act not because their precious brains, logics, common sense tell them to do so, but because i did something.

wassalam,

y

'During the last seven years, 14 israelis have been killed by mostly homemade rockets fired from the Gaza Strip, while more than 5,000 Palestinians were killed by israel with some of the most advanced US-supplied armaments in the world', Seumas Milne, The Guardian, 30 December 2008.

Says it all.