Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wise_Words

Some Questions

1. Is most or any terrorism caused my the religion of Islam?

2., If so how can it be called a religion of peace? That would be an overstatement.

3. Most muslims do not support terrorism, so what are your views on the koran passages that agree with it?

4. How can one negotiate with these fanatics when they base it on the belief their religion is correct and the koran is the actual word of god (Allah) ?

5. Do you think it is correct that we should kill or even stop the cartoons displaying god (Allah)?? If so why, doesn't freedom of speech come in here??

6. Why do so many muslims get offended when Allah is depicted in a cartoon?

7. Why does any religion get offended when your beliefs are challenged?

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum brother, As a Muslim you should be able to reply to most of the questions you posed. anyways, here are simple aswers to your qestions, if you need answers with references then please make seperate threads with the specific questions and someone will answer you inshaAllah.

1. Terrorism in never caused because of the Religion of Islam.

2. the previous answer should answer the question.

3. Qur'aan does not support or agree with Terrorism, I have not come across any passage like that, if you came across some, then I advice you to read what is written before it and after it, and read the explaination too, you can't just read a sentence out of the whole page and make it your foundation of saying something against the Qur'aan.

4. Qur'aan is in fact the actual word of Allah. Which Fanatics are you talking about, there are extremists in all races, religions, families, tribes, you cannot just point at Muslims and say these Fanatics.

5. Off course it is not correct to kill anyone, even an ant for that matter. As far as the cartoons of Allah, I am not aware anyone was killed because they made cartoons of Allah. I wonder why would someone want to make cartoons of Allah?????????? What is the purpose behind it??? Most of us know it will stir up trouble, and when there is trouble then things happen............................... the consequences could get out of hand, as they always do.

As for freedom of speech, if we want to live in a peaceful world, then we have to learn the limits of freedom of speech, or else others will start using there FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION too, then people shouldn't complain and point fingers.

6. If they don't get offended, then they will not be worthy of being called Muslims, As a Muslim you should know that, Allah is our Creator our Suastainer and The Almighty, not a comic character, Astaghfrullah that you doodle with.

7. I don't challange anyone's religion, neither do I get offended if someone challanged me being Muslim, If someone asks me something becase they want to learn about my religion, I try to explain to them giving them due respect and honour, if they criticize or challange me then, I turn to them and say Lakum Deenukum Wali-a-Deen. My Religion is fo me and yours for you. PEACE, live and let live.

Assalamu alaikum.

1. Is most or any terrorism caused my the religion of Islam?

Answer: No it is caused by people who twist or maybe use certain verses in the wrong meaning.

2., If so how can it be called a religion of peace? That would be an overstatement.

Answer: What religion was Hitler? Didnt he kill so many million Jews, so does that make "whatever his religion is" wrong? What religion is Bush? He has killed so many civilians (and not one country has done something about it) so does that make his religion wrong? (ie wrong in the sense as promoting terrorism)

3. Most muslims do not support terrorism, so what are your views on the koran passages that agree with it?

Answer: Quote some Quranic verses that support terrorism!

4. How can one negotiate with these fanatics when they base it on the belief their religion is correct and the koran is the actual word of god (Allah) ?

Answer: They base it on their INTERPRETATION! Put it this way: Because of the media portrayal many people in UK/US etc are saying that Islam is not a religion of peace, and they are right because they have been brainwashed into thinking that!

5. Do you think it is correct that we should kill or even stop the cartoons displaying god (Allah)?? If so why, doesn't freedom of speech come in here??

Answer: If you are such an advocate of freedom of speech then do the following things & report back as to what happens to you if anything:

1. Go to a black person and called him a nigger (in a serious tone, not jokingly)

2. Go to a white person and called him a honkey (serious tone!)

3. Declare that the massacre of the ww2 (jews killing) didnt take place in front of a jew/police/germany! (it doesnt matter whether they took place or not but as a freedom of speech you should be allowed to state whatever you feel like!)

6. Why do so many muslims get offended when Allah is depicted in a cartoon?

Answer: It was Prophet Muhammed's picture but it was how the picture portrayed it! I am of the opinion that we are living in a non-muslim world so should obey their laws ie if it says we muslims cannot depict cartoons then we shouldnt but the people who did depict them were not muslims...

7. Why does any religion get offended when your beliefs are challenged?

Answer: I dont think i would get offended and if you are talking to a literate person, he/she should either defend the religion/topic/point or admit defeat! However when people curse/joke/defame anyone in our religion then its a duty of every muslim to get angry! for example if you said: I dont like your Prophet, then thats fine but if you swore at him then that is not fine! there is a distinction!

Edited by shez