Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wise_Words

What Is The Primary Reason Behind The Rift Between....

Whats is the primary reason behind the rift between Jews and Muslims?

I was interested in learning what is the primary reason behind the rift between Jews and Muslims?

I once heard that it involves the conflict between Abrahams two sons, ishamel and issac

i am looking for a more in depth explanation of the conflict between jews and muslims as a whole

PropellerAds

salam.

well, i will admit i know next to nothing on this topic. all answers are bias. but this specific confloct has to do with the 1947(i think 1947) thing that the brittish did.

i think a good place to start getting knowledge on this is in your local library, starting with the pre-crusade era, and working your way up to today, if you want to find some indepth answers

salam.

just as a sidenote, i think you mentioned that you are a new muslim. as am i (4 months reverted). i belive that before we start studying about political/relegious fights, we should strengthen our deen and ibidah first and formost, and educate ourselfs in Islam to know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. as new muslims we can geteasily confused or mislead if we dont strengthen our ibidah as much as we can.

salam brother :sl:

Assalamu alaikum

i don't think that there is not rift between Muslims and Jews in general. It is not a fight between Judaism/Jewry and Muslims nor a fight between Arabs and Hebrews.

it is true that jews are disbelievers because they don't believe in Jesus and Muhammad. we the Muslims do not make a distinction between Ishma'eel and Ishaaq, because they are both prophets of Allah and we are not allowed to make a distinction between them.

jews and muslims are closest when it comes to religion and tawheed. we have a lot in common. the concept of God in Judaism is the same as in Islam. They believe in the singularity of God Almighty. The kashruth rules are very close to our rules.

Judaism has divided into many sects. The hadeeth tell us that there are 71 sects in judaism. there are sects that went astray from the orthodox Jewish teachings, but I am writing about Orthodox Judaism and not the other sects.

Muslims are not allowed to discriminate the Jews as an ethnic group. Judaism refer both to a religion and an ethnic group. Usually I call the Jews Hebrews to distinguish between Jewry and Judaism. They are not allowed to be harmful toward followers of the Judaism, because coersion is not allowed.

Remember, that they early Muslims fought against the Arabs first which are their own ancestors. this is the proof that there is no special conflict between Arabs and Hebrews. The Jews of Madeenah were enthnic Jews, Hebrews, but the Jews of Yemen were Arabs.

Jesus for example was a Jew, because he was from Judaea and his was from the children of israel. Juda is one of the sons of Jacob, Yaquub. Juda in Hebrew is Yahuud. However, Jesus submitted to God Almighty. Therefore, he was a Muslim. He followed the sharee'ah given to the children of Isra'eel through Musa.

Judaism is a racial religion and according to the orthodox followers of Judaism one cannot become a Jew, because the Jewishness is inherited. If you are born of a Jewish woman then you are a Jew.

there are two sections of the law which the Jews follow:

1. noahid law: law for all mankind

2. jewish law: law for Jews only

Laws such as the ten commandments (don't steal, don't kill, don't lie etc) are laws for all mankind and all have to follow it.

Laws such as the sabbath or the disallowance of working during the sabbath day are Jewish laws.

:sl:

What i have heard is that Moses heritage was from the line of isaac and Prophets lineage is from Ismael and somehow Jews didnt want that.. They wanted their prophet to be the final prophet.