Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aboo Uthmaan

The Way To Victory

Way to Victory – A Beautiful Statement by Umar bin Al Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu)

Umar bin Al Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) sent an army under Sa’d bin Abi Waqqas (radiyallaahu anhu) for the conquest of Persia.

Umar (radiyallaahu anhu) wrote him a convention as follows:

"I command you and your army to fear Allah at all times because piety is the best weapon against the enemy and the best strategy in the battle.

And I command you and your soldiers to fear disobedience to Allah more than you fear the enemy. If an army fears sins more than the enemy, Allah brings them victory. Muslim victory is the outcome of the disbelievers' disobedience of Allah. There is no power except with Allah for they always outnumber us and have better weapons and tools. If we become equal in disobedience, they will conquer us due to more power; and unless we defeat them by righteousness, we cannot defeat them by power.

You must learn that you have some angels with you to protect you and your deeds. So be careful and do not commit any sins while you are fighting in the way of Allah. And never say our enemy is worse than us and that they cannot win even if we commit sins. Many nations have suffered at the hands of others who were less faithful as the magian who won over the Children of israel when they committed sins.

You have to ask Allah victory over your own selves in the same way you ask victory over the enemy. Ask it from Allah for us and you."

(Ibn Kathir in Al Bidayah wan - Nihayah).

PropellerAds

Assalam-O-Alikum

That letter is awesome...I've showed it to several of other brothers and we all touched.

Salaam,

Muhammad.

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Yes, it is beautiful mash Allah. I am pleased that you, your friends and myself found the advice of Umar (radiyallaahu amhu) to be of benefit!

Was-Salaamu Alaikum,

Abu Suhaylah.

Asallam Alykum warhamatullahi wabarakhatuh

Subhannallah In need Umar bin Al Khattab (radiyallaahu anhu) sent

The words Of wisdom

And I command you and your soldiers to fear disobedience to Allah more than you fear the enemy. If an army fears sins more than the enemy, Allah brings them victory

Subhanallah

Rich Post Bro

Jazakhalla kheirh fe dunai wal Kherah

Barakatulahi feekhe

Wasallama alykum.