Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eimaan

occupation

As salaamu alaykum :D

I am a recent college graduate and now that I am job hunting, I can't help but wonder what are the ideal jobs for muslims to have. :D I have been thinking about this topic and I wanted to go into social work (to help people) even though that was not my major of study. This is one area of work that I know it feels right, but I really wish there is some guideline that I can follow on and the teaching behind it.

Thanks.

WS,

Eimaan

PropellerAds

as long as it dosent involve anything unislamic, go for it

Walaikum Assalam!

First of all welcome to the Forum. May your stay here be fruitful.

There is only one limitation for a person to do as an occupation. You must not be involved in anything that is haram. You must not be involved in buying, selling, facilitating alcohol and swine. You must avoid riba as far as possible.

You are not restricted to do social work.

Wassalam

Thank you so much for the information. :D I will keep it in mind.

InshaAllah, I will find the job that is best for Islam and me.

Wassalam,

Eimaan

Asslamu Alaikum

First of all I would like to thank God, that I got the permission to post message here. Before this every time I tried to post an error message "U are not allowed to post/reply or new topic here".I sent mail to admin but in vain :D and u know what I have to do , I have to create a new account :tongue: .

As muslim finding a job that is not conflicted with Islam if not impossible then it is hard, specilally in the field of Software Development. If ur developing dat* site, an application helps business people to keep records of interest and calculate interst. IN this case what I have to do??????

with best regards