Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Luqman1984

Confirmed: Asda Halal Meat/chicken Haraam

Asalamwalakum,

It has come to my attention that ASDA supermarket halal meat and chicken produce is electronically stunned.

Extract taken from FAQ on ASDA's website.

"Do you sell halal meat?

Yes, we currently offer halal lamb and chicken in order to meet the demands of the 1 million Muslims who live in the UK. We also offer other ranges of ethnic foods, such as those found in Hong Kong and Kingston, Jamaica. Allow me to assure you that the slaughter process has been carefully set and is regularly monitored by our Product Development Team. Halal lamb and chicken sold in ASDA stores is supplied by reputable companies. Our suppliers use the head only electron stun method for lamb and an electric water bath is used for chickens."

SOURCE: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetasda.co.uk/corp/customer_service/FAQs.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetasda.co.uk/corp/customer_service/FAQs.htm[/url]

(Scroll down to company policies)

This not only includes their fresh deli counter, but also many of the so-called halal produce sold in-store.

Please forward on this message to all your contacts and other muslim forums.

PropellerAds

:sl:

Really!!!? But isnt is HMC marked?

I don't always buy from there but sometimes when I shop there I pick some mince or whole chicken.

Ohhh this is very bad.

I doubt it can be HMC, as HMC policies are strictly against stunning of any sort.

Also

Allow me to assure you that the slaughter process has been carefully set and is regularly monitored by our Product Development Team.

Be aware brothers and sisters and abstain from ASDA's so called pure halal meat.