Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Musafir

Serbia

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaykum

19% of all Serbs are Muslim, mostly Bosnian.

Asalmo aliakom

I dont know if sebria is located in siberia. But the word Siberia is an arabic word. Balad el sabr (land of patience), Siberia was called this because it was very cold and needed alot of patience. I heard this from a scholar but i never asked for evidence.

Serbia, located in the Balkan peninsula.

Siberia, located in North-eastern Russia.

:D

although thats a interesting bit of knowledge....and yes Islam in serbia is good, they showed this one documentary on Al Jazeera time back...small children memorising quran etc. Perhaps a member here from that country could sheed some more light on it.

Edited by Ibn_Khaldun

w/salam

I am not sure if serbia have any muslims residing there , most muslims in that area are found in bosnia , kosovo and some in croatia .

serbia has a Orthodox Christian majority .

I was really courious to see what was the topic about here,,when i saw name Serbia i was all frustrated....and let me tell you why...

I live in Kosova, that's the place near serbia,, and for all of my life i know we were occupied by serbs (ex yugoslavia),,,,we were in legal war since 1998-1999 and last year on March there happend such a sad reality,,, even though there weree very old Masjid,, yes there are muslims,, serbian orthodoks burned Masjids of our brothers and sisters there,, here ,, let me show you some pic i got that time in news....

68608.jpg

68628.jpg

68625.jpg

Hope this gives you the view what they are capable to do,,,, :D

I feel very sorry for the brothers and sisters who have to deal with them there

samira

Indeed we should never forget the crimes of the serbs against the muslims of bosnia , over half a million ppl killed by the serbs and many thousand muslim women raped .

Indeed we should never forget the crimes of the serbs against the muslims of bosnia , over half a million ppl killed by the serbs and many thousand muslim women raped .

Sadly, those attrocities are already fading from the wrold's memory.

Sadly, those attrocities are already fading from the wrold's memory.

The Bosnian Atrocities were terrible - disgusting and brutal. But The Kosovan Atrocities simply didn't exist in the form the media were presenting them. John Pilger give's a pretty fair account of what Kosovo and Serbia are like now.

Kosovo - the site of a genocide that never was - is now a violent "free market" in drugs and prostitution. What does this tell us about the likely outcome of the Iraq war?

Muted by the evidence of the Anglo-American catastrophe in Iraq, the "humanitarian" war party ought to be called to account for its forgotten crusade in Kosovo, the model for Blair's "onward march of liberation". Just as Iraq is being torn apart by the forces of empire, so was Yugoslavia, the multi-ethnic state that uniquely rejected both sides in the cold war.

Lies as great as those told by Bush and Blair were deployed by Clinton and Blair in their grooming of public opinion for an illegal, unprovoked attack on a European country. Following the same path as the build-up to the invasion of Iraq, the media coverage in the spring of 1999 was a series of fraudulent justifications, beginning with the then US defence secretary William Cohen's claim that "we've now seen about 100,000 military-aged [Albanian] men missing . . . they may have been murdered". David Scheffer, the then US ambassador-at-large for war crimes, announced that as many as "225,000 ethnic Albanian men aged between 14 and 59" may have been killed. Blair invoked the Holocaust and "the spirit of the Second World War". The British press took its cue. "Flight from genocide," wrote the Daily Mail. "Echoes of the Holocaust," chorused the Sun and the Mirror. In parliament, the heroic Clare Short compared to Nazi propagandists those (such as myself) who objected to the bombing of defenceless people.

By June 1999, with the bombardment over, international forensic teams began subjecting Kosovo to minute examination. The American FBI arrived to investigate what was called "the largest crime scene in the FBI's forensic history". Several weeks later, having not found a single mass grave, the FBI went home. The Spanish forensic team also returned home, its leader complaining angrily that he and his colleagues had become part of "a semantic pirouette by the war propaganda machines, because we did not find one - not one - mass grave".

In November 1999, the Wall Street Journal published the results of its own investigation, dismissing "the mass grave obsession". Instead of "the huge killing fields some investigators were led to expect . . . the pattern is of scattered killings [mostly] in areas where the separatist Kosovo Liberation Army has been active". The Journal concluded that Nato stepped up its claims about Serbian killing fields when it "saw a fatigued press corps drifting toward the contrary story: civilians killed by Nato's bombs . . . The war in Kosovo was cruel, bitter, savage. Genocide it wasn't."

One year later, the International War Crimes Tribunal, a body in effect set up by Nato, announced that the final count of bodies found in Kosovo's "mass graves" was 2,788. This included combatants on both sides and Serbs and Roma murdered by the Albanian Kosovo Liberation Army. Like Iraq's fabled weapons of mass destruction, the figures used by the US and British governments and echoed by journalists were inventions - along with Serbian "rape camps" and Clinton's and Blair's claims that Nato never deliberately bombed civilians.

Code-named "Stage Three", Nato's civilian targets included public transport, hospitals, schools, museums, churches. "It was common knowledge that Nato went to Stage Three [after a couple of weeks]," said James Bissett, the Canadian ambassador in Belgrade during the attack. "Otherwise, they would not have been bombing bridges on Sunday afternoons, and market places."

Nato's clients were the Kosovo Liberation Army. Seven years earlier, the State Department had designated the KLA as a terrorist organisation in league with al-Qaeda. In 1999, KLA thugs were feted; Robin Cook, then foreign secretary, allowed them to call him on his mobile phone. "The Kosovar Albanians played us like a Stradivarius violin," wrote the former UN commander in Bosnia, Major General Lewis MacKenzie, last April. "We have subsidised and indirectly supported their violent campaign for an ethnically pure Kosovo. We have never blamed them for being the perpetrators of the violence in the early 1990s, and we continue to portray them as the designated victim today, in spite of evidence to the contrary."

The trigger for the bombing of Yugoslavia was, according to Nato, the failure of the Serbian delegation to sign up to the Rambouillet peace conference. What went mostly unreported was that the Rambouillet accord had a secret Annex B, which Madeleine Albright's delegation had inserted on the last day. This demanded the military occupation of the whole of Yugoslavia, a country with bitter memories of the Nazi occupation. As the Foreign Office minister Lord Gilbert later conceded to a Commons defence select committee, Annex B was planted deliberately to provoke rejection.

Equally revealing was a chapter dealing exclusively with the Kosovan economy. This called for a "free-market economy" and the privatisation of all government assets. As the Balkans writer Neil Clark has pointed out: "The rump Yugoslavia . . . was the last economy in central-southern Europe to be uncolonised by western capital. 'Socially owned enterprises', the form of worker self-management pioneered under Tito, still predominated. Yugoslavia had publicly owned petroleum, mining, car and tobacco industries . . ."

At the Davos summit of neoliberal chieftains in 1999, Blair berated Belgrade, not for its handling of Kosovo, but for its failure to embrace "economic reform" fully. In the bombing campaign that followed, it was state-owned companies, rather than military sites, that were targeted. Nato's destruction of only 14 Yugoslav army tanks compares with its bombing of 372 centres of industry, including the Zastava car factory. "Not one foreign or privately owned factory was bombed," wrote Clark.

Erected on the foundation of this huge lie, Kosovo today is a violent, criminalised, UN-administered "free market" in drugs and prostitution; unemployment is 65 per cent. More than 200,000 Serbs, Roma, Bosniaks, Turks, Croats and Jews have been ethnically cleansed by the KLA, with Nato forces standing by. KLA hit squads have burned, looted or demolished 85 Orthodox churches and monasteries, according to the UN. The courts are venal. "You shot an 89-year-old Serb grandmother?" mocked a UN narcotics officer. "Good for you. Get out of jail."

Although Security Council Resolution 1244 recognises Kosovo as an integral part of Yugoslavia, multinational companies are being offered ten- and 15-year leases of the province's local industries and resources, including the vast Trepca mines, some of the richest mineral deposits in the world. Overseeing this plundered, now almost ethnically pure "future democracy" (Blair), are 4,000 American troops at Camp Bondsteel, a 775-acre permanent-base imperial presence.

Meanwhile, the show trial of Slobodan Milosevic proceeds as farce. Milosevic was a brute; he was also a banker once regarded as the west's man who was prepared to implement "economic reforms" in keeping with IMF, World Bank and European Union demands; to his cost, he refused to surrender sovereignty. The empire expects nothing less.

Oh and this is not a Pro-American Journalist btw, it's John Pilger, one of the most bitter critics of American Foreign Policy and opponents of the Iraq War.

Edited by Greek-Cypriot

:D brothers and sisters,,,

Peace Greek-Cypriot

First of all let me introduce my self as a born Kosovar who suffered all my life from Serbian / Yugoslav politics,,Me and other milion kosovars are alive witnesses for what Serbia (its leaders) was capable to do in Kosova.

In this way,, now my word is against yours,, so I bet you don't know exactly what you were showing to us, that article witch was totaly faked,,, totaly untruee,

You mentioned 89 year old serb grandmother killed by KLA,, did you saw,,or did you read about killed babies,,, unborned babies,, pregnant mothers,, shool childrens....and all those were killed in theirs homeland,,,

You better dont continue writing or quoting untruth articles,, because all the world now knows the truth and they saw what Milosevic done in Kosova and Bosnia, and Croatia,, and Slovenia....

And by the way let me tell you its not true that more than 200,000 Serbs, Roma, Bosniaks, Turks, Croats and Jews have been ethnically cleansed by the KLA, with Nato forces standing by, because a lot of houses are even right NOW occupied by serb families so kosovar families need to Rent other house in another cities...

I sugesst You better take exact information next time, ok?

Peace

samira

:D brothers and sisters,,,

Peace Greek-Cypriot

First of all let me introduce my self as a born Kosovar who suffered all my life from Serbian / Yugoslav politics,,Me and other milion kosovars are alive witnesses for what Serbia (its leaders) was capable to do in Kosova.

In this way,, now my word is against yours,, so I bet you don't know exactly what you were showing to us, that article witch was totaly faked,,, totaly untruee,

You mentioned 89 year old serb grandmother killed by KLA,, did you saw,,or did you read about killed babies,,, unborned babies,, pregnant mothers,, shool childrens....and all those were killed in theirs homeland,,,

You better dont continue writing or quoting untruth articles,, because all the world now knows the truth and they saw what Milosevic done in Kosova and Bosnia, and Croatia,, and Slovenia....

And by the way let me tell you its not true that more than 200,000 Serbs, Roma, Bosniaks, Turks, Croats and Jews have been ethnically cleansed by the KLA, with Nato forces standing by, because a lot of houses are even right NOW occupied by serb families so kosovar families need to Rent other house in another cities...

I sugesst You better take exact information next time, ok?

Peace

samira

Firstly, John Pilger isn't someone who lies. He has written many books thoroughlly researched heavily documented about American Interventionalism. He is well respected in his field as is Chomsky who has written two books: 'A New Generation Draws the Line' and 'The New Military Humanism'.

The KLA are a mafia like organization, links to people trafficking, drug running e.t.c.

Nobody is denying killings did take place. On the same scale as they were reported? Not even likely. Yep, you say you are from Kosovo and I respect your opinion. But I know people from Serbia who say they had family in Kosovo who are terrorized every day by the Gangsters from the KLA, incidentally, the graves that have been found are largely around areas where the KLA and Serbian Army were fighting each other.

This is an aritcle that talks about crimes committed against the Serbs.

NATO's justification for bombing Yugoslavia on humanitarian grounds has been refuted by the Western alliance's own official figures and documentary evidence. The recently released OSCE report entitled "As Seen, As Told: Analysis of the Human Rights Findings of the OSCE Kosovo Verification Mission" suggests that the allegation of mass deportations is a fabrication. 1

Although heavily slanted in its main conclusions, the OSCE figures suggest that there were proportionately more Serbs (as a percentage of population) fleeing Kosovo than ethnic Albanians which puts an obvious question mark on NATO's assertion that organized mass expulsions of ethnic Albanians were taking place.

According to OSCE numbers and Kosovar Albanian sources on population size and distribution, an estimated 45.7 percent of the Albanian population and 59.5 percent of the Serb population had fled Kosovo during the bombings (i.e. from 23 March to 9 June 1999).2

The OSCE report summarizes the balance-sheet of ethnic Albanian refugees as numbering 862,979. In a secluded footnote at the bottom of the main table, the report nonetheless acknowledges that: "In addition [to the 862,979 ethnic Albanian refugees], more than 100,000 Serb IDPs [internally displaced persons] are estimated to have left Kosovo and to have been registered in Serbia and Montenegro". 3 Whereas ethnic Albanians (including those who fled to Montenegro) are categorized as "refugees", Serbs who fled Kosovo during the same period are casually identified as "Internally Displaced Persons". The figures for ethnic Albanians are very precise in contrast to those indicated for the Serbs in the footnote. The number of refugees belonging to other ethnic groups who fled the province during the bombings is not even acknowledged.

According to Kosovo Albanian sources, the Province had a total population of 2.1 million of which 90 percent are ethnic Albanians, 8 percent Serbs and 2 percent are other ethnic groups.4 Based on these figures (which are accepted both by NATO and the post-conflict KLA provisional government) there were an estimated 1.89 million ethnic Albanians and 168,000 Serbs in Kosovo.

In accordance with the above population breakdown, the exodus of Serbs (as a percentage of population) was larger than that of the ethnic Albanian population. According to OSCE numbers (from UNHCR sources), it is estimated that 45.7 percent of the Albanian population and more than 59.5 percent of the Serb population fled Kosovo during the bombings (i.e. from 23 March to 9 June 1999).

In other words, Serbs --who ostensibly were not the target of "ethnic cleansing perpetrated by the Serbs"-- had also fled the theatre of the war in Kosovo. If there had been a deliberate and cohesive policy of ethnic cleansing and massacres directed against ethnic Albanians, the percentages would have been markedly different and this is something which NATO was cautious not to reveal to public opinion while the bombings were ongoing.

The above estimates depend on the veracity of the OSCE-UNHCR refugee figures as well as on the reliability of the data on population size and distribution. In estimating these percentages, we have accepted official OSCE-UNHCR refugee numbers at face value, namely that the OSCE Report has not artificially "inflated" the number of ethnic Albanian refugees nor has it "deflated" the number of Serbs who fled Kosovo during the bombings with a view to vindicating NATO's claim of ethnic cleansing. We have also taken Kosovar Albanian assumptions pertaining to population size and distribution. In other words, the percentages are derived from their numbers! Moreover, it should be emphasized that the percentage of Serbs who left Kosovo estimated at 59.5 percent is based on the 100,000 figure given by the OSCE. Yet the OSCE report states that the number of Serbs who fled Kosovo during the same period is "more than 100,000".

Accounting for biases in the OSCE-UNHCR figures and margins of error in the data on population, the estimates do not support NATO's allegation of a policy of mass deportation directed against ethnic Albanians.

Ironically, the OSCE Report rather than using Kosovar Albanian sources on population, acknowledges the assumptions of Belgrade's 1991 Census data (also in a discrete footnote) which indicates the ethnic Albanian population at 82 percent of total population. Yet the Census was boycotted by ethnic Albanians and the figures were never recognized by the parallel provisional government of Kosovo. Why does the OSCE acknowledge Belgrade's 1991 Census when NATO and KLA statements repeatedly indicate that the ethnic Albanian population is at 90 percent? Evidently, the use of the 1991 Census data by those who have rejected it, is in this case to their political advantage. Based on the 1991 Census figures, the estimated percentage of each population group which fled Kosovo would be 53.7 percent for the ethnic Albanians and more than 51.5 percent for the Serbs.5 Yet even in this case, NATO's claim of mass deportations is not borne out.

The refugee crisis, we were told repeatedly during the War was limited to ethnic Albanians. According to the Western media, Serb civilians had been protected by the Serb police and Armed forces. The large scale exodus of Serbs from Kosovo prior to June 9, 1999 (acknowledged by the figures contained in the OSCE Report) was simply not mentioned. To reveal the numbers would have discredited NATO's main justification for launching its "humanitarian war".

FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH

Other documentary evidence including an official report of the German foreign ministry published prior to the War, confirms that there was no evidence of "ethnic cleansing" in Kosovo in the months immediately preceding the bombings. Who is lying? German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer had justified NATO's intervention pointing to a "humanitarian catastrophe", yet the internal documents of his own ministry stated exactly the opposite: "Even in Kosovo an explicit political persecution linked to Albanian ethnicity is not verifiable. The East of Kosovo is still not involved in armed conflict. Public life in cities like Pristina, Urosevac, Gnjilan, etc. has, in the entire conflict period, continued on a relatively normal basis. The actions of the security forces [were] not directed against the Kosovo-Albanians as an ethnically defined group, but against the military opponent [KLA] and its actual or alleged supporters."...6

Moreover, a report of the United States Committee on Refugees (USCR) confirms a significant reduction in the number of refugees and internally displaced persons in the period following the signing of the October 13, 1998 agreement between U.S. Special Envoy Richard Holbrooke and Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (FRY) President Slobodan Milosevic. According to USCR, the overall refugee situation had improved with the entry of the OSCE Kosovo Verification Mission (KVM). The USCR report also confirms that "KLA ethnic cleansing of ethnic Serb civilian population pockets intensified in December [1998]" substantiating the results of the German Foreign Office intelligence report. But we were told time and again that the Serbs rather than the KLA had been responsible for ethnic cleansing in the months leading up to the War... 7

The OSCE-UNHCR figures on the number of refugees rather than supporting NATO's main justification for waging the war, suggest that more than half the Serb population had also fled Kosovo during the war. This tendency could be explained by the fact that the KLA had been responsible for relaying intelligence to NATO pertaining to potential targets in the bombing operation. Moreover, a history of the war also suggests that the massacres and atrocities directed against the Serbs by the KLA Military Command (amply documented for the period after June 9) had already commenced prior to the arrival of KFOR forces in Kosovo.

NATO'S TWO "HUMANITARIAN PREMISES" INVALIDATED

NATO's pretext for bombing Yugoslavia on humanitarian grounds rests on two central premises: 1) the alleged indiscriminate mass killings of Albanian civilians (premise number one); 2) the implementation of a deliberate policy of mass deportations or "ethnic cleansing" (premise number two). Both these premises have now been refuted by NATO's own evidence and documentary evidence

The alleged indiscriminate mass killings of Albanian civilians had earlier been invalidated by the FBI and European forensic teams working under the auspices of the Hague Tribunal (ICTY) casting doubt on NATO's justification for waging the war. The forensic and police investigators had uncovered several hundred bodies in grave sites in Kosovo as opposed to the 10,000 to 100,000 civilian massacres claimed by NATO and Western governments as a pretext for waging the War. British Prime Minister Tony Blair had announced that President Milosevic was "set on a Hitler style genocide equivalent to the extermination of the Jews during World war II".8 " "Genocide is starting," stated German Defense Minister Rudolf Scharping.10...

The Hague Tribunal (ICTY) (while upholding the war crimes indictment against members of the Yugoslav government), has acknowledged the exhumation "the allegations of indiscriminate mass murder, rape camps,...crematoriums, mutilation of the dead have not been borne out" by the police investigations and forensic evidence. 12

NO REMAINING LEG TO STAND ON Since the release of the forensic reports --which have invalidated premise number one--, the policy of mass deportations against ethnic Albanians (premise number two) is now being upheld by NATO and the Western media as "a sufficient justification" for launching the war. In the words of Madeleine Albright "opposing ethnic cleansing is central to our values... We are reaffirming NATO's core purpose as a defender of democracy, stability and human decency on European soil."13 Yet NATO's claim of mass deportations has now also been refuted by the figures contained in the OSCE report. NATO has no remaining leg to stand on. Official documentary evidence (including the forensic reports and the data on the number of refugees) unequivocally refute NATO's two central postulates for waging the war. What then was the justification for the humanitarian bombings? What was the hidden agenda? Ultimately the truth must prevail, public opinion must be informed and those who are responsible for waging this criminal war must be brought to trial.

NOTES

1. OSCE, Kosovo/ Kosova, As Seen, As Told, An analysis of the human rights findings of the OSCE Kosovo Verification Mission, October 1998 to June 1999, Warsaw, 1999.

2. Ibid

3. Ibid.

4. Figures for 1993. See Albania Worldwide Web, GOTOBUTTON BM_1_ "albanian/main/"]albanian/main/[/url]. See also Musa Limani, Pristina, The Association of Lawyers of Kosova, 1992. Kosovar Albanian estimates place the population of Kosovo at 2.3 million for 2000.

5. The Government of Yugoslavia 1991 Census data for Kosovo identified a total population of 1,956,196 of which 82.2 % are Albanians, 9.9 % Serbs and 7.9 % other ethnic groups. The Census was boycotted by the ethnic Albanian population. During the 1990s, the evidence suggests that Kosovar Serbs left the Province in large numbers.

6. Intelligence Report from the German Foreign Office, January 12, 1999 to the Administrative Court of Trier.

7. See USCR GOTOBUTTON BM_2_ "refugees/world/countryrpt/europe/yugoslavia.htm"]refugees/world/countryrpt/e.../yugoslavia.htm[/url]

8. Quoted in Peter Gowan, Kosovo; the war and its aftermath, Labour Focus on Eastern Europe, no. 64, 1999, p. 26.

9. CBS , May 17, 1999.

10. Quoted in Peter Gowan, op. cit.

11. Reuters, 10 November 1999.

12. Wall Street Journal, 31 December 1999.

13. Quoted in Time Magazine, May 17, 1999, p. 25-26.

C Copyright by Michel Chossudovsky, Ottawa, February 2000. All rights reserved. Permission is granted to post this text on noncommercial community internet sites, provided the essay remains intact and the copyright note is displayed. The text can also be photocopied for non-commercial distribution. To publish this text in printed and/or other forms contact the author at chossudovsky[at]videotron.ca or fax: 1-514-4256224.

And it is true about how many have been forced from their homes by KLA oppression. The KLA's stated aims are an 'ethnically pure Kosovo'. Almost Hitler like in their approach.

Peace Greek_cypriot,

Im not surprised why you react like this,, neither why you spread untruth even in "you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.google(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/search?q=Islamic+forum&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official"]Islamic forum[/url],, because Greece always was a state who wanted to occypy Albania,, and we know that Albania/Kosova is populated with albanians with the highest percentage....so even Kosova was in theirs eyes,, somehow,,,

Greece was always *friend* of Serbia, where both have the same religion,, orthodoxy,,, so that's kind of relation they share within....

Here I am the one who is Alive witness of all what You or Your protagonist *say*,

You never ever will understand neither *see* what happend during the war,, because, you, neither him, were present, and the war now is over,,, but, I WAS present there, and so does milion others, who suffered serbian politics,,,

KLA was Kosova Liberation Army,, witch fighted for our rights,, we wanted just our land become free, just like Iraqi do,,, They want their land become freee, and thats not terroristic act,, we were practising Selfdepence,, right?

I wont quote your or His words,, but Allah knows Im telling the truth,, and one day The truth will triumph., so be carefull what you spread ,, what you quote,, because Allah is there and will punish all those who spread unthruth in this life....be carefull

Peace

samira

Peace Greek_cypriot,

Im not surprised why you react like this,, neither why you spread untruth even in Islamic forum,, because Greece always was a state who wanted to occypy Albania,, and we know that Albania/Kosova is populated with albanians with the highest percentage....so even Kosova was in theirs eyes,, somehow,,,

Yes, that's true. It's not the reason I react like I do though - The NATO 'negotiations' with Serbia were a joke. And the media lapped up the lies as they went into 'War mode'. As for Greece wanting to occupy Albania, I don't really know about that. Maybe Macedonia, but I'm not sure Greece wants to occupy Albania in this day and age.

Greece was always *friend* of Serbia, where both have the same religion,, orthodoxy,,, so that's kind of relation they share within....

Yes, this is true. We are friends with the Serbs - But that's not where my viewpoint generates from though, we don't like to see NATO bombing civilian Serbs or the KLA potrayed as Freedom Fighters when even people in NATO know they are simply Kosovo's Mafia, who are involved in people trafficking and drug smuggling as well as Attacks on Orthodox Churches and Serbian Civilians.

The Times of London reported on March 24, 1999 that the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) is allegedly funded by profits from narcotics trafficking. According to a Times of London investigation, several European law enforcement agencies are investigating links between the KLA and narcotics trafficking in Europe. The Balkan region has been a traditional drug route for cocaine and heroin headed to consumers in central Europe.

Switzerland, Sweden, and Europol (the European Police agency) are all investigating links between the KLA and drug trafficking in Europe. Germany.s Federal Criminal Agency issued a report that stated: "Ethnic Albanians are now the most prominent group in the distribution of heroin in Western consumer countries." The head of the Swedish police intelligence unit, Walter Kege was quoted in the Times of London article as saying, "We have intelligence leading us to believe that there could be a connection between drug money and the Kosovo Liberation Army." Currently, Europol is working on a report concerning the KLA and Albanian drug traffickers. Czech Republic police recently raided the apartment of a known Kosovo Albanian heroin trafficker and found documents linking him with arms purchases for the KLA. ITAR-TASS reported on March 25, 1999 that the chief of the Russian Armed Forces, General Anatoliy Kvashnin, sent a letters to the chairman of the NATO Military Committee, Klaus Naumann, and Supreme Commander of NATO forces in Europe, General Wesley Clark, detailing the involvement of "Kosovo terrorists" in supplying drugs to Europe. Kvashnin told ITAR-TASS that the letters outlined "where, what, how, and why" the KLA is trafficking drugs.

As the US Congress is debating how or if the US will support the KLA, this could have a significant impact on the decision. If these allegations and suspicions are correct, the US would find itself in the position of supporting drug lords. US support for drug traffickers would become another land mine for the Clinton Administration that would be much harder to dodge than a stain on a dress. The Administration would be hard pressed to justify supporting drug running "freedom fighters" in the Balkans, when the DEA and the US military are supporting the Colombian military in their war against other drug running "freedom fighters" in Colombia.

You never ever will understand neither *see* what happend during the war,, because, you, neither him, were present, and the war now is over,,, but, I WAS present there, and so does milion others, who suffered serbian politics,,,

I have Serbian friends who had family in Kosovo, they would say exactly the same thing.

KLA was Kosova Liberation Army,, witch fighted for our rights,, we wanted just our land become free, just like Iraqi do,,, They want their land become freee, and thats not terroristic act,, we were practising Selfdepence,, right?

Why attack civilians then? And Orthodox Churches? Why get involved in people trafficking and drug smuggling? Incidentally I supported NATO when they attacked Serbia but I was young then - And I got carried away with the media frenzy, as I began to read and research I began to see the true History of Kosovo. What happened there, NATO's 'Stage 3' - The KLA's acts before the War and their stated intentions of elliciting a reaction from Serbia to bring NATO in with a false pretext.

I wont quote your or His words,, but Allah knows Im telling the truth,, and one day The truth will triumph., so be carefull what you spread ,, what you quote,, because Allah is there and will punish all those who spread unthruth in this life....be carefull

If you think I'm intentionally lying or something then you are wrong. I have studied Kosovo for many years now and I came to my conclusions from reading, as I always do, both sides of the story. The invasion was wrong and the 'genocide' was jumped upon by the media to present their views.

I oppose American Hegemony wherever it may surface, with it's false pretexts and lies. Kosovo is just one example, Iraq is another, there are hundreds more.

Greek, do you realize that you are arguing against an eye witness because what they witnessed doesn't agree with what you read to support your anti-US addiction?

Greek, do you realize that you are arguing against an eye witness because what they witnessed doesn't agree with what you read to support your anti-US addiction?

As I have said, I have Serbian friends who had family in Kosovo. I could easily trot out sensationalist stories from them too - About the never-ending crimes of the Kosovo 'Liberation' Army from the burning of Orthodox Churches (hardly any now exist in Kosovo) to the cold blooded murder of Serbs.

The facts don't lie - And the facts are finally dripping out, Serbia was bombed because it didn't accept itself into the US dominated global system, now it has, Serbia has surrendered and US Corporations are plunging the country into chaos with the mass privatization initiatives forced upon them by the occupiers. Serbia's 'mass graves' were never found and the graves that were found contained either Serbian Troops or KLA Mafioso, studies have shown that these graves were found around areas with the most sporadic fighting between KLA and Serbian Troops. The KLA had been attacking Serbs in Kosovo for years and George Robertson (Sec. Gen. of NATO in 2000), said that the KLA 'had probably been responsible for more deaths in Kosovo than the Serbian Army had'.

Remember East-Timor, Suharto and Indonesia. Where was the 'humanitarian intervention' then? When hundreds of thousands more were dying? Nope, you provided them with weapons and diplomatic support, your media, as usual, poured praise on the spectacular mass murderer, the Christian Science Monitor, in an ode to Indonesia under General Suharto's rule, describes him as 'at heart benign,' referring, perhaps, to his kindness to international corporations.

This all reminds me of a good quote by William Blum, it applies to the Americans who were indescriminately bombing Serbian Civilian Targets.

"At the close of the Second World War, when the victorious Allies discovered the German concentration camps, in some cases German citizens from nearby towns were brought to the camp to come face-to-face with the institution, the piles of corpses, and the still-living skeletal people; some of the respectable burghers were even forced to bury the dead. What might be the effect upon the American psyche if the true-believers and denyers were compelled to witness the consequences of the past half-century of US foreign policy close up? What if all the nice, clean-cut, wholesome American boys who dropped an infinite tonnage of bombs, on a dozen different countries, on people they knew nothing about -- characters in a video game -- had to come down to earth and look upon and smell the burning flesh?"

haha such lengthy topics...I was trying to read them but Im so occupied...i did not know this was such a hot topic, I guess because it has has to do with politics and world affairs.

May Peace and Mercy of God be upon you Yank

Thank you for your honest words, they really means a lot.

Peace Greek_cypriot...

Im still gonna use the same words,,as i obey Allah swt

World has eyes, and saw ....

Peace

samira

Peace,

"Omnia videt Deus et omnia audit"

"God sees everything and everything does He hear"

smac2_y.jpg

unesco05.jpg

tn_unesco04.JPG

unesco06y.jpg

Edited by Greek-Cypriot

Peace Greek_cypriot

Listen, I am really sorry of what happend to the graves, but,, we were talking about genocide done by serbs in Kosova into alive people... who were masacrated, were raped,, ,,

I really would appreciate if you dont mix fighting for liberation of your own country and fighting to occupy others Land This is a big issue,, so please dont mix things

I would ask for appology from mods, posting these pics,, but its all related to the topic, this also will help you to have clear view of what happend in Kosova...

Im gonna send some photos taken during the war,

the village Recak/Racak

On 15 January 1999, in the village of Racak/Recak, 45 Kosovo Albanian civilians were killed. Among the victims were an 18-year-old woman and a 12-year-old child. Events and facts as verified by the OSCE-KVM indicated evidence of arbitrary detentions, extra-judicial killings and the mutilation of unarmed civilians by the security forces of the FRY.

here you have the view...

Racak

An ethnic Albanian inspects a decapitated body in Racak. On January 15, 1999, Serb forces entered the villages and shot anyone who tried to flee. Later they found a group of men in hiding and removed them for execution. The bodies of 45 of men, many of them mutilated, were found lying on a hillside.

Photo: Visar Kryeziu, AP

71465.jpg

Bela Crkva

Residents of Bela Crkva work to cover the graves at a mass burial ceremony in July 1999. Months earlier a Serb police patrol had entered the village, shot those who attempted to flee and robbed the remainder. The men were then ordered to strip. Sixty-five were moved to a streambed and shot by the police.

Photo: Visar Kryeziu, AP

71468.jpg

71490.jpg

71492.jpg

71491.jpg

no comment...

Peace

Yes there are Muslims in Serbia, but they are not necessarily Serbian. There are many Kosovars, Albanians and Bulgarians etc etc that live in Serbia.. who could be muslim. The percentage of actual Serb muslims would be minimal.. They are orthodox majority

To answer the initial question of are there muslims in serbia. The majority of serbians who call themselves serbians are orthodox, there are however albanian and bosnian muslims who do reside in what is refered to as serbia. My own grandmother is a muslim serbian, full on serb by the way, she reverted to Islam and was married to my kosovar muslim grandfather. So there are serbian muslims, but there arent many i dont think.

Thats just without all the heated political stuff. Which would upset me too much to get into, not that i know all that much about it.