Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maz83

display ages mandatory

as alamaulikum

ok here is my suggestion....................

have noticed a lot of the time people give adive to others when they really dont know what the are talking about. In many cases this is not there fault rather becasue they are a lot younger then we assume they are.

I think age should be added to our profiles and be something displayed along with genders. Im not trying to suggest that younger members dont know anything.rather that we should know wether we are conversing amd seeking important influentail advice from a 50 year old or a 14 year old. This will also enable us to understand why people say the things they say and their maturity level.

PropellerAds

asalamu alaikum

you do know that some people are really quite mature for their age... (me :D )

how about not the exact age but we divide them into age groups and that gets displayed under the gender icon or something? good idea though and i see where ya coming from... (outa space)

:D

ya I like d ziners suggestion better. I really don't wanna display my age. Just don't feel like it.

ya but there is a problem, people lie about their age.

Edited by Mohammad ibn Naeem

asalamu alaikum

yeah ok they can lie... but Allah is watching...

maybe not even age groups... instead of displaying age groups like in numbers... say 13-16 for example, we give the age range a name like say 'High School Teen' or something... that would make it easier in a way cos having say 40 on ya profile will make some feel old... so just by replacing the number, we can take some of the pressure or this embarassment away...

i dont know, just a thought...

salam wa alikum,

it is up to the indiviuals to distinguish between good advice and bad advice discriminating based on age is not fair. the member have the right not to display their age if they do not like to.

DZ' idea is good..... its better to make catagories..

I'm not with this idea. :D

I agree with slave :D

people sometimes dont wanna show their ages cuz of personal reasons too so it would be unfair to them,

pluz i agree with bro slave's idea.

I too agree with bro slaves idea , I do not wish that it should be made mandatory to display your age.

Also, even the youngs can teach the older ones something :D or just giver their 2 cents :D

asalamu alaikum

yes that is true Arwa... but sometimes they just get in the way... i mean how much could you experience if you still in high school...

IF has been going through a lot of formatting latley, give Dot a rest guys... please...!

i say we scrap the idea... if the pests get in the way, e-slap them one :D

I agree with bro slave

The groups thing didnt work last time it was ...proposed.

I think people should display their gender, and make that mandatory. Czu then you know who you are or ...which "sex" you are addressing to....makes it much easier.