Islamic Forum
wiseguy

A Message From A Descendant Of The Messenger

salam

Brother ######:

Can you prove me that you are a descentant of the Messenger of Allah?

Salam

it does not matter if hes a decendent or not, that does not mean anything!!He holds no title nor any honor by saying this nor will it make anybody jump and listen to him. Funny how the Messenger of Allah did not even want to brag that he was the messenger but he had to say Allahs words, never did the prophet say do such and such because im the messenger of Allah without Allah telling him to say such and such. It doesent matter if your a direct descendent of the prophet or if you look just like him that holds no weight with muslims that does not give you any ground to stand on you are the same as everybody else. Now when you speak and if your heart is inline with what the Prophet brought then muslims would respect what you have to say. But you cant go throwing around some title that your a descendent of the messenger so hear what i got to say, no that is wrong!! If someone comes to you and says I am an Imam so listen to me, you would most likely say wow what arrogance what gives you the right??

However if they call you to listen to them and the message is good we would listen and we would then see and say ourselves that hey hes an Imam or a scholar ect.ect. but for the person to try and grab your attention by first stating that to me makes no sense

however i would say that some of the information that the bro ###### has given an bout ####acola boycotts ect. has been informative and helpful but the fact that he may be related to the messenger holds no weight whatsoever and should have never been mentioned in my opinion

PropellerAds

salam

I did not ask you to comment on that. I just want to know the proof that he is from AhlulBayt for a reason I don't want to tell now.

salam

I did not ask you to comment on that. I just want to know the proof that he is from AhlulBayt for a reason I don't want to tell now.

Yes I am a descendant of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) but I will not discuss my lineage on this forum to protect my identity. Suffice to say that my father, grandmother and grandfather are the descendants of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing be upon him) and I still look like a good-looking Arab man.

Can you prove that you are a man on this forum?

it does not matter if hes a decendent or not, that does not mean anything!!He holds no title nor any honor by saying this nor will it make anybody jump and listen to him. Funny how the Messenger of Allah did not even want to brag that he was the messenger but he had to say Allahs words, never did the prophet say do such and such because im the messenger of Allah without Allah telling him to say such and such.

How did Prophet Muhammad introduced himself when he spoke about Islam in ? Didn't Allah order Muhammad to tell the people that he (Muhammad) is the messenger of Allah (God)?

"Say (O Muhammad to mankind): “If you (really) love Allâh then follow me (i.e. accept Islâmic Monotheism, follow the Qur’ھn and the Sunnah), Allâh will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” Say (O Muhammad): “Obey Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad).” But if they turn away, then Allâh does not like the disbelievers." (Qur’an 3: 31)

Allah (S.W.T.) tells us that he who obeys His Messenger (s.a.w.s.) obeys Him:

"He who obeys the Messenger (Muhammad) has indeed obeyed Allâh, but he who turns away, then we have not sent you (Muhammad) as a watcher over them." (Qurân 4: 80)

Allah (S.W.T.) sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth to make it prevail over all religions. He (I) says:

"It is He (Allah) Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth that he may proclaim it over all religion even though the Pagans may detest (it)." (Qurân 61: 9)

It doesent matter if your a direct descendent of the prophet or if you look just like him that holds no weight with muslims that does not give you any ground to stand on you are the same as everybody else. Now when you speak and if your heart is inline with what the Prophet brought then muslims would respect what you have to say. But you cant go throwing around some title that your a descendent of the messenger so hear what i got to say, no that is wrong!! If someone comes to you and says I am an Imam so listen to me, you would most likely say wow what arrogance what gives you the right??

However if they call you to listen to them and the message is good we would listen and we would then see and say ourselves that hey hes an Imam or a scholar ect.ect. but for the person to try and grab your attention by first stating that to me makes no sense

Have you ever heard about Ahlul- bayt ? In his musnad Imam Ahmed said Zeid bin Thabit said Muhammad (may the blessing and peace of Allah be on him) said ( I leave two vicegerent in you , the Qura’n-a robe links earth and heaven or heaven with earth . And the members of my family . Both are inseparable) .

Abu Baker (May Allah be pleased with him) said on the authority of Al-Bukhari that ( O you people take care of Muhammad by being good to his family) .

Ibin Hajar said in Al-Sawa’iq Al-Muhriqatu related to the messenger of Allah said ( He who hurts my relatives hurts me . He who hurts me hurts Allah).

The messenger of Allah said (By Allah no servant is considered as believer unless he loves me . No one loves me unless he loves my relatives).

Ibin Al-Arabi said concerning the prestige of Al-Beit : Muhammad the messenger of Allah , ordered us to love them and treat them kindly . No one will gain Muhammad intercession unless he loves and respect his kins) .

however i would say that some of the information that the bro ###### has given an bout ####acola boycotts ect. has been informative and helpful

Thank you.

but the fact that he may be related to the messenger holds no weight whatsoever and should have never been mentioned in my opinion

You don't know me nor my lineage so how can you make the statement above?

salam

Are you a descendant of Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam through Hasan or Husayn? I believe that you are a descendant. I am just surprised that descendants of Rasulullah are in Russia and maybe Caucasus/Chechnya.

I think for the sake of protection it is good not to show it in public I guess? My question should not be an insult for you unless secrecy is very important in your case. However, you made it public that you are a descendant of the leader of mankind.

For me it is good news/glad tiding that ahlul bayt are from the region of the world.

I imagine the Caucasian Emirate hosting the Imam Mahdi and they accompany him to Syria. I think soon the Caucasian Emirate will become a major player soon.

Emir Supyan: ”Before declaring the Caucasus Emirate, more important words were said…”

Publication time: 28 February 2009, 23:09

Kavkaz Center has interviewed a Naib of Emir (deputy Emir) of Mujahideen in Caucasus Supyan Abdullayev. Naib Supyan talks about the main point in the famous declaration of the Emirate by Emir Dokka Abu Usman, about widespread religious deviances in the Muslim world, about state symbols and borders of the Caucasus Emirate, about the final fate of Russian military bases in Caucasus, about the prospect of negotiations with disbelievers, and about the dear price Palestinian people pay for Hamas delusions.

KC: The polemics that erupted in connection with the statement of declaration of the Caucasus Emirate by Emir Dokka Abu Usman has gradually subsided. During a short period of time, people came to know who was who.

Many of those who positioned themselves as proponents of Ichkeria’s independence, had been revealed as hardcore opponents of Sharia. As we see now, some of them hurried to go over to the camp of Kadyrovite apostates.

All this time they have been spreading many conjectures and slanders, and particularly, tried to present the case as though there existed some disagreements between the Mujahideen, concerning the declaration of the Caucasus Emirate.

They put into circulation such words like “Emiratians” and “green commissars”. True, supporters of Mujahideen did not leave it unanswered, calling our opponents “democrats” and “democratians”. Has the position of the Mujahideen on this issue changed?

Emir Supyan: Position of the Mujahideen is clear from multiple video appearances and statements of the Mujahideen themselves. This position has not changed, and will not change, all the more under criticism from scared refugees. And all those words like “Emiratians”, “commissars” etc. show only what fills heads of those people, how far they are from Islam. They are ill with hypocrisy. They are not offended or insulted at all, when they are called “democrats”, rather the contrary, they are pleased. Such far they are from Jihad and the Mujahideen. Therefore I don’t see any sense in carrying on polemics with them.

I would like to draw attention to another issue, which is forgotten in the heat of the debate. After reading articles and watching video materials which were sent to us from Europe and Turkey, I have noticed that the debates are going on specifically around the declaration of the Emirate. And it was thrust by our opponents with a purpose. But our Emir, before declaring the Caucasus Emirate, said in his address more important words. Much more important words, that are a matter of principle.

Namely, he said that he rejected everything established by Taghut. He rejected its judgment, its laws, its institutions, borders that it defined for Muslim peoples, the form of government that it imposed. I. e., he said what Allah ordered in the Koran. He said words that can’t be interpreted in two ways, words that are clear and understandable to any believer.

The declaration of the Caucasus Emirate became just a logical continuation if the stated position. It was a natural political addition to the basis, to the essence of the statement itself. The statement itself tells about the adherence to monotheism, to Tawhid. It is Tawhid that demands from us rejection of any Taghut. And our verbal rejection means nothing, if there is no action behind it. Because the Religion, first of all, is action.

KC: Yes, and this action caused many reproaches and accusations of destroying the statehood, CRI etc.?

Emir Supyan: Rather, the well-being of those who parasitized on the Chechen issue was destroyed. Even a person inexperienced in politics understands that Jihad cannot be led by a president, a chancellor, a speaker or a crown prince. Jihad is led by an Imam or an Emir.

After a long period of time under the disbelievers’ yoke we have become confused so much, that we even don’t know where our Religion ends and religion of disbelievers begins. Therefore there is a warning for us in the Koran:

“O you who believe! If you obey those who disbelieve, they will send you back on your heels, and you will turn back (from Faith) as losers”

(Surat Al ‘Imran, 3:149).

We have mixed everything, and did it long ago. We talk about prayer, fasting, Sharia, and at the same time we celebrate “new year”, birthday, refer to the international law, U.N. charter and other abnormalities…

Moreover, when a Muslim is reproached for consuming wine, he does not deny that it is a sin, that it is forbidden. But when he is told, that participating in Olympic games is shirk, idolatry, he is surprised and starts to ask, how is it possible and what is so bad about it, because it is just a peaceful competition…

KC: Yes, in general, it is clear, but nevertheless, explain, what is so bad about it?

Emir Supyan: Well, think yourselves, here they go and start a fire on mount Olympus in Greece, it becomes “holy”, so many people hustle and conjure around it, it is carried through several thousand kilometers, through many countries, to the country where the games are appointed [to happen]. Finally, at exactly the appointed time, it is brought to the main gas burner and a universal donkeys’ roar of delight shakes the air.

Then representatives of different Muslim countries, Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, Turkey and others, mix with disbelievers and perform the ritual walk around a stadium, under that fire. At the latest Olympic games in Beijing, Saudi Arabia was walking either first or second in that column.

What is interesting, if all those Muslim delegations were asked to participate in the Easter procession, they would refuse. They would say that it is a Christian holiday, we are not allowed. But circumambulation around the “holy” Olympic fire turns out to be a different matter. It turns out that according to their deviant understanding, it is allowed to do that.

Take notice that Saudi Arabia likes to position itself as a follower of monotheism. It struggles against amulets, worshiping of graves, stones, trees and other manifestations of idolatry. But they allowed themselves Olympic games and Olympic fire. Obviously, for political benefits, so to speak.

KC: Many people wonder, how borders of the Emirate are determined? What are state symbols?

Emir Supyan: The flag is the one that is usually in the background when our Emir Abu Usman appears. It is the black flag with the white inscription of formula of Faith. This flag is raised by Mujahideen in every corner of the Muslim world. We have the seal of the Emir.

There will be no anthem, no constitution, no coat of arms or other nonsense. We do not intend to become “subjects of international law”. We will not play those games any more. We already passed through this, it was a false path, a path of delusion.

KC: But nevertheless, we somehow have to determine the borders. Because Sharia should be established on a specific territory, as far as I understand?

Emir Supyan: Yes, it is true. Exactly, now we are establishing Sharia in the territory under our control. And it is forest and mountains from sea to sea. And it is our territory, inshaAllah! We have reinterpreted many concepts recently.

KC: But it is a relative control.

Emir Supyan: Yes, relative, the same way as disbelievers and apostates have the relative control over the plain part of Caucasus. Control is always relative during a war.

Regarding the borders I will say so. People like to prove their historical right for some lands and territories. All conflicts between so called “minor” peoples are caused by those borders.

KC: But those conflicts were thrust upon by the imperial policy.

Emir Supyan: Even if there would be no imperial policy, territorial disputes would not end. As far I remember, even between villages there were constant discords over those borders.

But the borders of the Emirate are a different issue. Emir Abu Usman clearly indicated is his address, that he was not going to determine the borders of the Emirate right now. This issue is open.

KC: Elaborate, please.

Emir Supyan: I elaborate, the issue of the Emirate borders, or, more exactly, the issue of preliminary borders of the Emirate, this issue will be solved after the first truce with the disbelievers.

It means that we intend to hold as much territory, as much we will have strength [to do it], and inshaAllah, we are accumulating it, the strength, and will accumulate. If we will not have strength, then there is no sense to draw any borders at all.

KC: Do you think that the Kremlin clique will negotiate with the Mujahideen and offer peace? But they have built more than six major military installations in the territory of Nokhchicho. Around 300 thousand troops are concentrated on permanent basis inside Ichkeria and around. They will hardly resort to negotiations.

Emir Supyan: Regarding major military installations and all Russian military with their families, they are not a power now, but a vulnerable target. Any regular army becomes a target during guerilla warfare, both at stationing locations and on the move.

And at a moment of a serious political crisis these major military installations will become hostages, like it already happened, when the leader of the Chechen people Jokhar Dudayev came to power. So it is not yet known, who will inherit those installations and military bases in the end.

Regarding the negotiations… One of the main results of the right creed are the right reasoning, right understanding and evaluation of what is going on.

We don’t have a right to offer peace to disbelievers. It was a major error in our previous policy. Because Allah warns in the Koran:

“So be not weak and ask not for peace, while you are having the upper hand. Allah is with you, and will never decrease the reward of your good deeds.”

(Surat Muhammad, 47:35).

Therefore offering peace to disbelievers is ruled out. But it is also said in the Koran:

“But if they incline to peace, you also incline to it, and (put your) trust in Allah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.”

(Surat al-Anfal, 8:61).

And they will offer it. But we will not accept any peace. Disbelievers usually offer peace in exchange for rejection of Sharia by Muslims. They say: “We will not bomb and kill you, if you would accept our laws”.

KC: So, any deals from our side at the expense of the Religion are ruled out?

Emir Supyan: Exactly! This is the right formulation of the question. The war, its goals, results we want to achieve, are now reinterpreted. For the time being, we have been fighting defensive Jihad. But, inshaAllah, the time approaches when we will give disbelievers an ultimatum for their spreading of filth and corruption on earth.

KC: There is a question on the tip of the tongue again: nevertheless, what do you think, will there be at least northern borders of the Emirate?

Emir Supyan: A Chechen byword is crossing my mind now: “Yetti, yetti, ghiba vakqa iza”, or “Ghiba vallats tokha tsunna”. The meaning of this expression is: “Beat him, till he crosses Ghoba”, or “till he goes across Ghoba”. People usually keep saying so, when they advise to physically punish disobedient children or irrepressible brawlers.

Many people do not ponder over the meaning, do not understand, what it means. The point is that Ghoba is Kuban. So our ancestors already preliminarily defined where to chase [the disbelievers]. But I am saying it by the way. We are going to chase the enemy more farther than Ghoba.

The main thing is that we and all those who sympathize with us, should understand, that we don’t play anymore in “international law”, “sovereignty” or “peaceful coexistence” with disbelievers. Such understanding about the world, relying on anyone or anything besides Allah, led Muslims to multiple sufferings.

KC: Yes, unfortunately, the examples are not so hard to find. It is unpleasant to listen to political pronouncements of Hamas leaders. SubhanAllah, they are relying on the West, on the European Union, on Obama! Trying to emphasize their adherence to democracy, they reached a point when they handed over a Mujahid to Egyptian secret services, calling him an “al-Qaeda member”.

Emir Supyan: Delusions and illusions of Hamas cost dearly to the Palestinian people. The Zionists have been committing outrage in that land for 60 years, they have been exterminating Muslims in most barbaric way. The Zionists regularly bomb and attack, carry out punitive raids and large-scale military operations. At the same time, Hamas has not organized elementary bomb shelters for the people. It means that they did not prepare for a serious war. And you know, there is no such corner in the Muslim world, that would be so unanimously stuffed with money by Arab states[as Palestine].

KC: In the end, what would you wish to young Mujahideen and those who sympathize with our fight?

Emir Supyan: I would like to remind myself, in the first place, and then to all our brothers, that the main purpose of our life is to deserve pleasure of Allah. To remember, that victory is the same temptation, as is defeat. Therefore victory should not cause high opinion of ourselves, and defeat should not drive to despair.

The path is chosen, and we will not turn away from it. If the goal of Jihad is elevating the Word of Allah, then we should strain every effort just for that. And the result is with Allah, praise be to Him, the Most High.

Check Ajmal's Post:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=726437&pid=1193338&st=0entry1193338"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic...p;#entry1193338[/url]

Edited by Kai Strohscher

salam

Are you a descendant of Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam through Hasan or Husayn? I believe that you are a descendant.

W/salam brother,

The answer is Al-Husayn.

One of the countless reasons on why I urge all Muslims to defend Palestine and fight and destroy israel:

israel Committed Gaza War Crimes: UN

IslamOnline(contact admin if its a beneficial link) & News Agencies

"On the basis of the preliminary evidence available, there is reason to reach this conclusion," Falk said. (Google)

GENEVA — A United Nations human rights investigator has accused israel of committing war crimes of the greatest magnitude in Gaza during a deadly offensive in the strip.

"On the basis of the preliminary evidence available, there is reason to reach this conclusion," Richard Falk, UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Palestinian territories, wrote in an annual report to the UN Human Rights Council cited by Reuters on Thursday, March 19.

More than 1,434 Palestinians, mostly civilians, were killed and 5,450 wounded 22 days of israeli attacks in Gaza.

The offensive wrecked havoc on the infrastructure of the densely-populated enclave, leaving tens of thousands of homes and other buildings in ruins.

"If it is not possible to do so (distinguish between military and civilians targets), then launching the attacks is inherently unlawful and would seem to constitute a war crime of the greatest magnitude under international law," said Falk.

The UN rapporteur accused israel of violating Geneva Conventions on the protection of civilians during military conflicts.

"(The war was a) massive assault on a densely populated urbanized setting" in which the entire civilian population had been subjected to "an inhumane form of warfare that kills, maims and inflicts mental harm," he wrote.

israeli soldiers admitted Thursday killing innocent Palestinians in cold blood and ransacked their properties during the Gaza war.

"The lives of Palestinians, let's say, is something very, very less important than the lives of our soldiers," an israeli squad leader told Haaretz.

Crime Against Humanity

The UN rapporteur said israel's maintaining its blockade on Gaza during the onslaught suggested further war crimes and possibly crimes against humanity.

"As all borders were sealed, civilians could not escape from the orbit of harm," Falk said.

He said the denial of the Gaza population the right to flee the war zone as refugees may also constitute a crime against humanity.

israel has been closing Gaza's crossings to the outside world since Hamas seized control June 2007.

Falk, an American Jewish law professor, called for an independent probe into the war crimes committed in the strip.

"(israel's) targeting of schools, Masjids and ambulances" and its use of weapons including white phosphorus during the offensive, have to be investigated, he said.

Foreign and Arab doctors documented abnormal injuries suffered by the civilian population of Gaza, accusing israel of using banned weapons.

Several international rights groups, including Amnesty and Human Rights Watch, have accused israel of using banned weapons against the densely-populated coastal enclave of 1.6 million.

A coalition of 350 European and Arab civil society organizations has filed a lawsuit with the International Criminal Court (ICC) against israel over war crimes in Gaza.

As israel could evade a trial by the ICC because it has not signed the Rome statutes establishing the international tribunal, Falk suggested the Security Council might set up an ad hoc criminal tribunal to establish accountability for war crimes in Gaza.

On Monday, Falk is to present his report formally to the Human Rights Council, a 47-member forum where Islamic and African countries backed by China, Cuba and Russia have a majority.

Neither israel nor its chief ally the United States are members.

Source: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1236509146376&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...-News/NWELayout[/url]

MY QUESTION: Why doesn't the ICC (the International Criminal Court ) prosecute the barbaric israeli leaders, generals, the US president etc after they have committed war crime against the defenseless and innocent Palestinian people etc? The answer is HYPOCRISY and double-standard!

SALAM

I already reported the slanderer to dot. You know who I mean.

What do you have to say about this:

One of the countless reasons on why Muslims must fight against Zionists and destroy the israeli regime of terror:

Tuesday, 02 December 2008 ]

Grafitti insults prophet, calls for Arabs to be killed

israelis desecrate Masjids and Muslim graves

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM (AlArabiya(contact admin if its a beneficial link), Agencies)

Jewish settlers desecrated Masjids with anti-Muslim graffiti insulting the Prophet Mohammed in israeli-occupied West Bank villages, Palestinian officials and witnesses said on Tuesday, in an escalation of anti-Palestinian violence that left 13 wounded.

Source: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalarabiya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/2008/12/02/61218.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetalarabiya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/2008/12/02/61218.html[/url]

Conclusion: Zionists and any so-called Muslims who cooperate with Zionists are the enemies of Islam.

One of the enemies of Islam is Hosni Mubarak who cooperates and conspires with the Zionists to intimidate and starve innocent Muslims in Gaza. The Egyptian officials also seize donations and aids for Palestinian people at the Egyptian-Gaza border to prevent the starving Palestinian people from receiving the aids and arming themselves against the barbaric israeli forces etc. It seems to me that Hosni Mubarak is the new pharaoh for Egypt.

Zionists are the most corrupt, sadistic, immoral and barbaric terrorists who are wiping out innocent and defenseless Muslims in Palestine. The barbaric Zionists are committing horrible war crime against the defenseless and innocent Palestinian people in Palestine.

Dead babies, mothers weeping on their children's graves, a gun aimed at a child and bombed-out Masjids - these are a few examples of the images israel Defense Forces soldiers design these days to print on shirts they order to mark the end of training, or of field duty. The slogans accompanying the drawings are not exactly anemic either: A T-shirt for infantry snipers bears the inscription "Better use Durex," next to a picture of a dead Palestinian baby, with his weeping mother and a teddy bear beside him. A sharpshooter's T-shirt from the Givati Brigade's Shaked battalion shows a pregnant Palestinian woman with a bull's-eye superimposed on her belly, with the slogan, in English, "1 shot, 2 kills." A "graduation" shirt for those who have completed another snipers course depicts a Palestinian baby, who grows into a combative boy and then an armed adult, with the inscription, "No matter how it begins, we'll put an end to it." Source (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthecornerreport(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?p=4550&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1#more4550"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetthecornerreport(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?p...p;pb=1#more4550[/url]

The picture below is an evidence that support my statement:

A T-shirt printed at the request of an IDF soldier in the sniper unit reading 'I shot two kills.' which means the Zionists hope to murder both the Palestinian mothers and their fetuses with a bullet. 20 March 2009

ziodeadbabiesteeshirt.jpg

ziodeadbabiesteeshirt.jpg

Does the boycott work?

Oh yes! For example, one of the companies hardest hit by the boycott is McDonalds...

Wise Guy is WRONG, AGAIN !! !!!

Mc Donalds Serves Up Juicy Profits After Global Makeover

McDonald’s Corp. (MCD) is the quintessential American fast-food chain. For decades, its golden arches have dotted the U.S. landscape, its advertisements have dominated the airwaves, and its catchy slogans and jingles have been drilled into our brains.

But McDonald’s ability to adapt to shifting consumer demand and build a strong global brand, as well as its customary role as a fast and reliable vendor of cheap meals, has made it a market leader.

U.S. sales at McDonald’s locations open at least a year jumped 4.5% in the month of November, as cost-conscious consumers opted for more affordable meals.

“I think what you’re seeing is that McDonald’s has so far been relatively immune to the recession,†David Morris, senior analyst at consumer research firm Mintel, told The Associated Press.

In addition to increased traffic from cash-strapped consumers looking for affordable meals, McDonald’s has also bolstered its foreign sales.

Global same-store sales surged 7.7% – down only from October’s 8.2% increase. Sales climbed 7.8% in Europe and 13.2% in the company’s Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa division.

The company has been so successful at bringing in revenue that it upped its quarterly divided by 33%, a move that means even more to investors at a time many dividend-paying companies are lopping off their investor payouts.

McDonald’s New Menu

McDonald’s menu selection is one reason for the growth. Burgers are the cornerstone of McDonald’s business, but strong sales of breakfast foods and chicken sandwiches have been the company’s main growth engine. For instance, a breakfast menu that was once limited to the Egg McMuffin now includes McGriddles, the sausage biscuit sandwich, and hot cakes.

After concocting a spicy chicken sandwich to compete Wendy’s – one half of the Wendy’s Arby’s Group Inc. (WEN) – the company earlier this year took on Chick-fil-A Inc. with the introduction of a Southern Style Chicken Biscuit. McDonald’s also went “south of the border†with the introduction of the McSkillet Burrito and Chipotle BBQ Snack Wrap.

All of these new items were designed not just with the objective of sneaking market share way from competitors but catering to regional tastes.

“They started looking at Chick-fil-A and they have this chicken product and said we have to do something comparable to them,†Vivian de Jesus, franchisee of four Atlanta region McDonald’s restaurants, told the St. Louis Business Journal. “The South is a chicken market and we needed something that would compete on the same level.â€

McDonald’s is no doubt hoping its new, spicier products will catch on in the American Southwest.

McDonald’s has also beefed up its global menu, tailoring its international offerings to the palates of its foreign consumers. The restaurant first started serving beer in Germany in the 1980s and then in Canada. Customers can order pasta freshly cooked to order in Rome, porridge in the United Kingdom, and a deep-fried patty of beef ragout in the Netherlands.

Did Somebody Say Makeover?

In addition to making over its menu McDonald’s has embarked on an ambitions “reimaging†campaign that originated in Europe, but has since morphed into a global effort.

A few years ago, after European customers snubbed their noses at McDonald’s trademark red and yellow motif and rush-in, rush-out service, the company tapped Denis Hennequin, president of McDonald’s European operations, to lead a massive image overhaul.

McDonald’s spent more than $800 million remodeling 1,280 restaurants across Europe. The company’s signature red and yellow signs and plastic and vinyl interiors were replaced with more art deco scaffolding, leather couches, wood tables, and wall paintings. It also began offering Internet access and rental iPods to many of its contemporary European customers.

“The brand position is different in different parts of the world,†Hennequin told BusinessWeek. “In Europe it’s more about the experience.â€

However, the McMakeover got such a positive response that McDonald’s has decided to apply some of the lessons learned overseas to its home market. The company has applied the principles of feng shui – the strategic representations of earth, water, fire, metal and wood – to many of its new U.S. locations.

Earth tones, bamboo plants and water trickling down glass panels are now common features at many McDonald’s restaurants. Plush chairs and flat-panel televisions are also cropping up.

Finally, the makeover also includes new packaging for McDonald’s food. The company hired the U.K.-based Boxer to help rebrand and repackage its product.

Paul Castledine, Boxer’s chairman and chief creative officer, told BuisnessWeek that designers spent hundreds of hours in focus groups before settling on the concept of provocative headlines bolstered by vivid photography as the new look for McDonald’s packaging.

“There is only one,†McDonald’s new Big Mac container, proudly exclaims. Meanwhile, the other side of the box depicts the vegetables, cheese, and cooking utensils used in the burger’s making.

Mary Dillon, McDonald’s global chief marketing officer, told BusinessWeek that the company wanted to “create unique personalities for our menu items by telling a story about each one.â€

Like its menu offerings, McDonald’s new packaging is unique to both the product and region. Packaging in Australia highlights beef sourced in nearby New Zealand. In Argentina, some sandwiches feature images of marinated seasoned onions, and in Europe, Le Hamburger’s ciabatta roll is the main point of emphasis.

“This demonstrates the authenticity of the locally grown ingredients we use,†Dillon said.

The new packaging made its debut in at 13,900 U.S. locations in early November. And while Dillon didn’t say how much the company spent on the redesign, estimates range from $50 million to $80 million.

That’s quite a bit of money, considering most McDonald’s customers will likely discard the new packaging without so much as a second look. But the company believes strongly that this is a vital next step in developing a more consumer-friendly product.

“People want to know more and more about the food they’re eating,†Castledine said. “And, well, the box is the most intimate touch point with any brand.â€

Also, 82% of McDonald’s new consumer packaging is made from renewable paper or wood materials.

By Jason Simpkins

Money Morning