Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Wise_Words

Nubuwwah Question

Nubuwwah (Prophethood): God has appointed perfect and infallible prophets and messengers to teach mankind the religion (that is, a perfect system of how to live in "peace" or "submission to God"). Prophets are Messengers which are appointed by Allah to bring the message of God to people and spread that message while the Imam (leader) is appointed by Allah to protect that message since ordinary people will fail to do so. Also, as Muhammad was the last messenger of God which means the message he brought was the last and final message to the people from Allah, none is supposed to bring a message from Allah after Muhammed, therefore, if people were left with the message alone, the true message could not survive long and would have undergone changes. Imams were therefore appointed to take care of the message and prevent people from going astray after the last prophet.

my question is if a person isnt appointed by Allah toteach mankind the religion is it wrong?

it also states the Muhammad(PBUH) was the last messenger of Allah whichs means the message he brought was the last and final message, so how should we as muslims take the teachings of imans?

PropellerAds

:sl:

This caught my attention, so i will briefly say:

Alllah's message is preserved in the Quran and Prophet Muhammed's example is preserved in the Sunnah (authentic ahaadiths), both together is what us muslims follow. Imams are not appointed by Allah. They are learned individuals who lead / guide muslim communites. individuals. The imams do not conjure up a message, they merely aid in understanding / relaying the quran and sunnah.

:sl:

Waalikum Asslam,

Bismillah,

That sounds like another Shia text. I agree with shiningstar but just to add:

The Prophet (Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã) left the Quran and his Sunnah. The Companions (ra) and their Students (ra) related and memorised literally thousands of hadith and they also memorised and compiled the Quran, they discussed almost every issue imaginable using evidence from the Quran and Sunnah (important to note here that they Companions (ra) really understood the Quran and Sunnah, far better then we do today, they lived it). The later generations memorised the hadith and compiled them into books e.g. Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim etc. Others studied these hadith, the Quran, the ways of the Companions then complied, memorised and taught books of Law e.g. Reliance of the Traveller by Imam Nawawi (ra).

This tradition is alive and continuing even to this day, I know of at least one Islamic school which requires its prospective students to memorise 1/2 of the Quran and 1/2 of Riyah us Saliheen before you are even accepted to study. Allah is the protector of the religion and imams are leaders but they are fallible. The general rule of thumb is the earlier the generation, the more knowledgeable as the texts may have been preserved but the wisdom may have been lost. I vaguely recall hearing that a third generation Muslim said that "Islam today is only ink on paper". If that what a third generation Muslim who learned from the Companions (ra) thought that then what have we got today?

For this reason we (Sunni Muslims at least) primarily take our religion from the Quran the Sunnah and the ijma (consensus) of the Scholars.