Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SolidSnake

Shirk/Blessing

Salaam bro,

I figure I killed two bird with one stone so here are my two questions:

1. I know Shirk is unforgiveable so does that mean a Muslim who commits shirk will never be able to turn back to Islam?

2. Is the term "You have my blessings" part of Islam or is it only in other religions like hinduism and what not.

PropellerAds

Walaikum Assalam!

The first question is simple. :D Any person who dies a mushrik will not be forgiven, but a mushrik will have the opportunity to repent in his/her lifetime, and is not doomed the moment he/she commits shirk.

The second question is not clear. Please rephrase and clarify whose blessings you are implying. The revised system allows you to post again in this chain.

Wassalam

Salaam Bro,

WHat I meant by the second question was that many time you see a parent saying to a child "You have my blessings". I am in doubt if this is allowed in Islam since to me at seems Allah gives blessing, parent's pray perhaps, but I dun think they can give blessings.

Walaikum Assalam, brother!

Blessings have different meanings and are of two types. It may be used in the sense of blessings as used in Christian Faith and denotes the Blessings of the Creator.

It may also be used as approbation or approval of something.

The first one is meant only for the Creator, whle the latter may be done by anybody in authority.

Wassalam