15 members have voted

1. 1. rate our campaign on Gaza massacre 2009

• IF was successful in covering the massacre
    • IF was average in covering the massacre
    • IF failed in covering the massacre properly
    • what campaign?

:sl:

Dear members,

During the 22 horrible days of the Gaza massacre, we interrupted our usual discussions, to focus on Gaza. We started a new section for (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=570"]Gaza discussions[/url], with 2 new subforums for (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=571"]Gaza videos[/url] and (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=572"]Gaza news[/url]. We've replaced the usual 'Latest Posts' box in the sidebar with one dedicated only for Gaza discussions, videos and news.

I wish to know how did you find our campaign..

Did we succeed or fail in grabbing your attention?

Did we over done it?

Or is there perhaps more that we should have done?

Please give us your feed back to learn from our mistakes and discover what works best.

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum, I see I'm the first one to vote here.

Just want to mention that I am sure it got covered good. The few replies to the issue should not be associated to thinking that the members were not interested but I think that they were overwhelmed with emotions and hence could not think how and what to reply. I say this because I am still going through the same emotions.

Assalamu Alaikum.

salam.

it was pretty good i must admit.

now what about our brothers and sisters in somolia, or pakistan, or india, or africa? or what about palistien. the bombs have stopped dropping, and coincedently the coverage has stopped.

it is my humble request that if we are going to make a coverage section, that we keep it perminatly.

salam.

Salamalikum

It was a great thing to do...and I don't think of anything better...Jazak Allah Khair

Salam alikum

Its Feb 18th 2009 and number of viewers of this post is 272 .. and only 7 have participated !!!!

Edited by Nile_Salafy

Yes brother, I'm astonished like you are. But if members didn't comment on the atrocities at the time, why would they care to comment here now?

Like sister umAhmad said

but I think that they were overwhelmed with emotions and hence could not think how and what to reply.
this is one definition of defeat. Your enemy slaughters our brothers and sisters, and we watch speechless. We don't feel that there is an obligation that we do have to support them even with a few words. Imagine how non-Muslims think of us when they read and see those horrible atrocities, with no fury or any type of comment from us Muslims.

Our members failed to send a strong message of fury and support, and the world could judge us from the way we react. Politicians also take that into consideration, and it would affect their future plans against the ummah. They could think "next time, we can bomb them harder, their brothers couldn't care less.." Its a total shame. A true Muslim must be active in anyway possible. We should voice our fury and rejection, not bury them inside our hearts. Negativity is not an Islamic behavior at all.

Yes brother, I'm astonished like you are. But if members didn't comment on the atrocities at the time, why would they care to comment here now?

I made a comment, and I was disabled from the forum for it. YOU yourself let your emotions overwhelm you, so you didn't even want to try and UNDERSTAND the point I was making. Instead you made ASSUMPTIONS and JUDGMENTS on me and others and acted irrationally.

In all my time on this forum I haven't seen any consistency in you whatsoever, dot.

Previously, you have warned me on another account for having -what you may see as- extremist views and discussing jihad. Now you warn me for not being extreme enough for you? (Although that was not the case AT ALL).

I'll give you some feedback, you don't have to take it on board if you don't want to - in fact if you don't like this post you can always disable me can't you?

If your aim was to cover the massacre, congratulations, you did that.

Ok, now what? You covered the massacre; how exactly has this helped the people who are being slaughtered? I mean, if your objective was to cover the massacre then it's a success; but I don't see how that is supporting the Muslims in Gaza (or anywhere else in the world).

Ok, I can think of two objectives you could have had by covering the massacre:

1 - to cover the massacre in order awaken the Muslims, to encourage them to do something about it.

2 - to cover the massacre in order to show the world how evil israel is, and bring the people against israel.

The first objective wasn't fulfilled. The covering of the massacre did bring out Muslim emotions, but how were Muslims encouraged to do something about the situation? I'm not talking about encouraging Muslims to write to government or the UN and waste time expecting the disbelievers to do something about it. As for the second objective, people already know how evil israel is - probably more so now because of the media coverage on what happened, and the forum covered that well. But that again isn't going to help the people of Gaza.

I think the events that took place have clearly showed us that the only solution to the suffering in Gaza (and in the world), are going to come from Muslims themselves. When Muslims start obeying Allah and fulfilling their responsibilities to Him, then Allah will assist them (I'm not just talking about Gaza, I'm talking about the entire Muslim population all around the world). The massacre on the Muslims isn't just limited to a physical massacre, it's far beyond that. We are living in a time where the disbelievers can do and say what they want and all we Muslims do is make some noise, is this going to get us anywhere? Is this going to bring us back to the days where the Muslims ruled over the world and struck fear into the hearts of the disbelievers? You know it isn't, so why don't we instead look at the bigger picture here and go to the root of the problem (the problem being, we Muslims). Not only are they slaughtering Muslims physically, but they have control over the way we think - we have adopted the disbeliever way of seeing life. If we truly believed and thought like believers we would consider the verses:

Say: "Nothing will happen to us except what Allah has decreed for us: He is our protector": and on Allah let the Believers put their trust.

Say: "Can you expect for us (any fate) other than one of two glorious things- (Martyrdom or victory)? But we can expect for you either that Allah will send his punishment from Himself, or by our hands. So wait (expectant); we too will wait with you." [9:51-52]

The coverage of the massacre convinced me of one thing; if this can happen to us then we are certainly doing something wrong. This isn't my opinion, this is the conclusion that any Muslim who has read the Qur'an should come to. Did Allah not say in the Qur'an that He will help the believers? Then ask yourself; why is it that we Muslims are in such a state? It's because we aren't worthy of His help, we aren't even worthy of being called Muslim.

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: If He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? in Allah, then, Let believers put their trust. [3:160]

Why do we not on this forum promote the true teachings of Islaam. Why do we not have a campaign calling people back to the Qur'an and the teachings of the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wassallam. If we studied the life of the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wassallam, if we knew the life of the companions, we would have the solution to our problems, and we would know what is required of us. The enemies of Allah aren't going to be defeated by our words, they will only be defeated when the Muslims return to their religion and fight them. As a forum why don't we make that clear, and leave no room for doubt? You are the forum administrator, you have the ability to spread this and call to this.

The Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihi wassallam has told us why we will be in this state, and also gave us the solution:

"It is expected that the nations will call each other from all horizons, as diners calling each other to feast from a platter of food in front of them." A person asked the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wassallam would that be because of our small number that day. The Prophet sallallahu alaihi wassallam said, "No, but you will be rubbish like the rubbish of flood water. Allah will put Wahn into your hearts and remove the fear from the hearts of your enemies because of your love for the world and your hate of death". In another narration it was said: "and what is the Wahn, O messenger of Allah?" He sallallahu alaihi wassallam said: "love of the world and the hate for fighting."­ [Ahmad & Abu Daud]

Also

It has also been narrated on the authority of Ibn `Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wassallam) said: “If you deal in usury and hang unto the tails of cows, being satisfied with cultivation and ceasing to take part in Jihad, Allah will inflict a humiliation upon you which will not be removed until you return to your religion.†(Reported by Ahmad and Abu Dawud and graded as authentic by Al-Qattān, and Al-Hafiz states in Al-Bulugh that the chain of narrators are trustworthy and reliable.)

The two ahadith explain things very clearly, and as Muslims (and as a community on this forum) if we firstly understood WHY we are in this situation, we can then work to get ourselves out of it. But if people are just going to say israel this America that we aren't going to do anything... We already know what israel is all about; now let's ask ourselves how we Muslims could let this happen, and how we are going to change our situation so this never happens again.

These are my thoughts on the situation, and if you had let me explain myself instead of disabling me from the forum, you'd know that I am in fact someone who does care. You may think that there is another solution to the problem; that's fine - but I don't see how what I believe makes me care any less than you do.

Did we succeed or fail in grabbing your attention?

Did we over done it?

Or is there perhaps more that we should have done?

Asalamualaykum

Personally, I think the coverage was good. It was really nice to see an entire forum dedicating itself to our brothers and sisters in Gaza. So good work.

But one thing which should also have highlighted was the fact that the Kufr of the israelis and their disbelief in Allah is worse than their killing our brothers and sisters. Also, one important aspect also is talking about the leadership of Hamas. The fact that their leadership decided to participate and rule with democracy and not rule with Shariah. The fact that they abandoned their brothers in Chechnya by calling it "russias internal affair". Hamas' leadership must be exposed. We must call on them to rule with Islamic law.

And I would like to make some suggestions. I would like to bring this up:

The entire Muslim world in under oppression. Gaza or Palestine is not the only place where Muslims are suffering. The admin team should open another section where we discuss and raise awareness for ALL the Muslim areas under oppression. And perhaps within this open subforums for all areas in the Muslim world under occupation/oppression. Example: Somalia, Afghanistan/Pakistan, The Caucasus, Iraq, Lebanon, North Africa (or Islamic Maghrib), Kashmir, India, China, etc. And maybe cover another area of the Muslim world as well if it flares up like the recent Gaza coverage.

I think the 'Gaza Discussion' section should be re-named 'Palestine Discussion' or something similar. This covers the whole of Palestine and broadens our discussion (remember Gaza is just one city or province under occupation and we have many more).

And as the Brother above said^^: How can we Muslims ensure something like this does not happen again. We need to really, now, go back to the roots and see how the Sahab(ra) were. So some topics which we as an online community should discuss more are:

1) Al wala' wal bara'

2) The Disbelief of the governments ruling our lands. (The fact that these are mere stooges of the west and are enemies of Islam and the Muslims)

3) Khilafah and the need for Muslims to bring back the Islamic State and implement Shariah

4) Shariah (The fact that we Muslims must implement it and live by its laws)

5) Exposing Democracy/Communism, etc (i.e. That these are man made systems and Muslims must live by the system of Islam and reject these man made laws and systems)

6) Nationalism/Tribalism (That nationalism and tribalism has nothing to do with Islam and is forbidden and we must promote Muslim unity throughtout the world)

7) Raising awareness about all our lands which are under occupation especially forgotten ones such as: Al-Andalus(Spain), India, China(The Xingiang province which china occupies which is Muslim and China occupied it), Kasmir, Somala, etc.

8) Tawheed

9) Supporting Islamic resistance areound the world. And exposing the lies of the media towards them.

10) Discussing the lives of the Prophet(saw) and the Sahaba(ra). How they lived and what they did in their time. (This is important since we now need role models and these men are whom we should look upto)

11) Jihad (If Jihad is something which we are not allowed to discuss then atleast we should stop distorting it because I have read some very "dodgy" stuff about Jihad in the 'Jihad Misconceptions' section.

.. and many more like this.