Islamic Forum
sis Qassab

Islam in Saudi Arabia

:D

aww man...i so wanna go back home ...(jeddah)... the 7 years i've lived there....best years of my life.

2 moments i got stuck in my head....

1 ....kissing the kabah..

2 ....slipping on the marble n smashin my face while playin tag....but thats vague...

PropellerAds

^^ lolz ya Holy Kabbah is always in my mind. i still remember the first time i kissed the the black stone its really great i would tell you the story but i dont wanna ramble on and on neways as i was saying.... oh ya, and to live in Medina Muniwara was also great, especially close to the Majid Nabawi and the best part about that is you get to read all the prayers there and it feels sooo good.

Edited by Mohammad ibn Naeem

Guest amani
i wanted to live in medinah when i heard the nasheed 'medinah tun nabi'

what's medinah like as a place to live ?

well i never lived there but i spent a week there and the atmosphere there was ...i never seen anywhere else! i find the people so nice and sweet :D mostly :P there would be like people talknig to me and i would be like :D :P

this i didnt find in makkah..makkah was much more busy...men :D had not much respect :D

regarding cameras there...the saudi govt takes photos :(

ya what are you talking about? the saudi gov. takes so many pics and videos.

Just asking: Any one from Badr, Madina, Makkah, Jeddah, or Yambo?

I am from Yanbu-al-Sinayyah,I was born there,

My father still lives there.I love the city,So peaceful and calm MashaAllah

I am from Yanbu-al-Sinayyah,I was born there,

My father still lives there.I love the city,So peaceful and calm MashaAllah

I used to live in Yanbu-al-bahr. Close to Sharbatly Masjid. That was a walk to the marketplace. I was there last in 93. We used to got Yanbu-al-saniya a lot, my dad worked there. Had loads of friends living in the Royal Commision.

Miss that place a lot. :D

Sister QuratulAin I am also from Yanbu-Al-Sinaiyyah. :D

I live in harat al Yaghoot where are u from?

how do you think a state ruled by muslims should be?

I think most people agree that In Saudi Arabia there is much more Islamic environment than in most (or maybe every) country.

But what about having a monarchy? It doesnt sound very Islamic.

And of course I would like to see men and women dressing modestly, here I only see hijabs on fridays and saturdays lol. But should it be impossed by law? Do women have any reward if its imposed on them? At the Prophet pbuh time did they impose women to wear hijab or were their own husbands that did? If it were the husbands I think is ok as we have the right to ask them to dress modestly but what about other women walking on the streets? Is it Islamic to make them wear one?

How about the right to build churches or sinagoges? or to be from a different religion. Ive heard that you can be from another religion in Saudi Arabia but that churches are not allowed...is that true?

In one hand I would love to live only among muslims and to see everyone dressing modestly but on the other hand I reflect, is it ok to make it by force?

especially the seperate sections for families only,And some amusement parks only for girls 

I wish I could go back there InshaAllah

That's wicked B)

One thing that reallllllllllllly gets me is the way Asians are treated. :D Especially since Islam originated from Saudia, and considering that the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him gave his last sermon there, Asians aren't treated very nicely. :D

how do you think a state ruled by muslims should be?

I think most people agree that In Saudi Arabia there is much more Islamic environment than in most (or maybe every) country.

But what about having a monarchy? It doesnt sound very Islamic.

And of course I would like to see men and women dressing modestly, here I only see hijabs on fridays and saturdays lol. But should it be impossed by law? Do women have any reward if its imposed on them? At the Prophet pbuh time did they impose women to wear hijab or were their own husbands that did? If it were the husbands I think is ok as we have the right to ask them to dress modestly but what about other women walking on the streets? Is it Islamic to make them wear one?

How about the right to build churches or sinagoges? or to be from a different religion. Ive heard that you can be from another religion in Saudi Arabia but that churches are not allowed...is that true?

In one hand I would love to live only among muslims and to see everyone dressing modestly but on the other hand I reflect, is it ok to make it by force?

Do the Saudi women feel imposed by it? :D And enforcing shariah is the duty of an Islamic country. I know they're not a khilfah and they're run by a monarchy, but they are closest to an Islamic country... According to the Saudi scholars whose fatwa I've read, Niqaab is fardh, therefore you have to enforce the fardh acts.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Two religions cannot coexist in the Arabian Peninsula.� Abu Dawood narrated with his isnaad from ‘Umar that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula,, and I will not leave anyone there but Muslims.� Al-Tirmidhi said: this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth.

Therefore, churches and synagoges won't be built there ever inshaAllah.

Edited by mm_ca04

Asalaamu alaykum

I personally love saudi and all the time i spent there. There is no place like saudi in the world. People love to complain about saudi day after day and i think it is totally unjustified. They find any point and make it to be such a big issue. So lets watch the slandering of the Muslim rulers there, for they have done a better job in maintaing an Islamic environment them most of if not all the other muslim countries and Allah knows Best

And let us not forget the hadith in Sahih Muslim:

Hudhaifah, radi'ALLAHU anhu, reports in a longer hadeeth that the Messenger of Allah(sall'ALLAHU alayhi wa sallam) said," There will come leaders who will not follow my guidance and will not follow my Sunnah. There will be amongst them men who will have the hearts of devils in the bodies of human." He(Hudhaifah) asked, "What shall i do O Messenge of Allah if i reach that?" He replied, "You should hear and obey the ruler even if he flogs your back and takes your wealth, them still hear and obey." Reported by Muslim (Eng. Trans. 3/1029 no.4554).

Assalam Alaikum'

I think Saudia Arabia is a really beautiful place mashallah, wouldn't mind going there lol. But i really dislike their government.

Do the Saudi women feel imposed by it? :D And enforcing shariah is the duty of an Islamic country.  I know they're not a khilfah and they're run by a monarchy, but they are closest to an Islamic country...  According to the Saudi scholars whose fatwa I've read, Niqaab is fardh, therefore you have to enforce the fardh acts.

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Two religions cannot coexist in the Arabian Peninsula.� Abu Dawood narrated with his isnaad from ‘Umar that he heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “I will certainly expel the Jews and the Christians from the Arabian Peninsula,, and I will not leave anyone there but Muslims.� Al-Tirmidhi said: this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth.

Therefore, churches and synagoges won't be built there ever inshaAllah.

I dont know if some saudi women feel imposed by it or not. I meant turists for example, I was talking about tolerance. We complain tht hijab is banned in France, but we order people to use it in another country. We complain if its legally hard to build a Masjid in another country, but they cant build churches there.

So whats the best? If some have their territory and others the other? Then all muslims go to live to "islamic" coutnries, and the westerns stay in their countries?

Or both try to be tolerant? Which option is better? Because I dont see many muslim people doing the first i.e. moving to countries with muslim majority.

anyway camera phoens are allowed now.

since when? my cousin got hers taken away. :D

One thing that reallllllllllllly gets me is the way Asians are treated.

that's how it is in the majority of the middle east, though.

as for my view of saudi, i can't say i find it particularly beautiful... the one thing that gets me about the country is the harshness of the rules. well, some of them anyway. have no time to add anything else, peace yo.

Asalaamu alaykum

I personally love saudi and all the time i spent there.  There is no place like saudi in the world.  People love to complain about saudi day after day and i think it is totally unjustified.  They find any point and make it to be such a big issue.  So lets watch the slandering of the Muslim rulers there, for they have done a better job in maintaing an Islamic environment them most of if not all the other muslim countries and Allah knows Best

And let us not forget the hadith in Sahih Muslim:

Hudhaifah, radi'ALLAHU anhu, reports in a longer hadeeth that the Messenger of Allah(sall'ALLAHU alayhi wa sallam) said," There will come leaders who will not follow my guidance and will not follow my Sunnah.  There will be amongst them men who will have the hearts of devils in the bodies of human." He(Hudhaifah) asked, "What shall i do O Messenge of Allah if i reach that?" He replied, "You should hear and obey the ruler even if he flogs your back and takes your wealth, them still hear and obey." Reported by Muslim (Eng. Trans. 3/1029 no.4554).

Jazakallah khair Akhi , KSA is the best :D .

Assalamu Alaikum-

A lot of us Muslims expect a lot from Saudi Arabia and so we tend to criticize them more harshly when we feel that they are acting unIslamically. I don't think that should change.....Saudi Arabia is beloved to all Muslims because of Mecca and Medina and we want to preserve those cities as much as possible. I personally don't like the Saudi royal family whom I feel are not acting in the best interests of Islam.

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Is it true that there are more video stores and Internet Cafe's in Saudi(Mecca and Madina) then Islamic Book stores?

Wa'salam.

asalaamu alaikum

Akhi undercover where did you hear that ?

I think brother khalid's point is very good , ppl want to make an issue out of things that are not important , in this case when you go for hajj inshallah its best you see for yourself rather take it from what you here from PPl .

Guest UnderCover_Brother

Assalamu'Alikum,

Mua heard it from a really good sheikh!!

Wa'Salam.

since when? my cousin got hers taken away. :D

that's how it is in the majority of the middle east, though.

as for my view of saudi, i can't say i find it particularly beautiful... the one thing that gets me about the country is the harshness of the rules. well, some of them anyway. have no time to add anything else, peace yo.

Banning Camera phones are not that strict ...its banned in many universities ,schools and colleges in India...because something the something very very serious that Saudi Authorities dont want to happend in India and it became all public (i will leave it at that)...if u want links PM ..

Guest amani

what Undercover brother said is interesting. can you elaborate more on it please? :D

the idea i love is work stops for salah :D

Banning Camera phones are not that strict ...its banned in many universities ,schools and colleges in India...because something the something very very serious that Saudi Authorities dont want to happend in India and it became all public (i will leave it at that)...if u want links PM ..

:D oh yeh please PM me the links.