Islamic Forum
sis Qassab

Islam in Saudi Arabia

PropellerAds
2. Alcohol is strictly forbidden in all parts for the kingdom. People are not allowed to drink it sell it or even make it. Though that didn’t stop me and my colleges from making wine from grapes before I converted, and still a few compounds manage to smuggle a few in to their establishments but nothing to big to be noticed at least.

Well, that seems to be typical. I once heard a story of a Turk who became an alcohol addict. He decided do take a job in Saudi Arabia because he hoped to get out of the addiction in a country with no possibility to buy alcoholic drinks. The first day he was in Saudi Arabia he learned where to buy alcoholic beverages ...

Well, that seems to be typical. I once heard a story of a Turk who became an alcohol addict. He decided do take a job in Saudi Arabia ...

To clear a misunderstanding: This was not directed against Islam in general, only agianst Saudi-Arabia.

Salam a leikum

Since this thread is about Islam in Saudi Arabia, it feels right to point out some of the things the Government is doing which is against Islam. Such unfair trials(no defense lawyers) and barbaric punishments are alien to Islam.

For example, after 110 men were arrested in a March, 2005 raid in Jeddah on what was described in Saudi publications as a "gay wedding," four of those arrested - two Saudis, one Yemeni, and a Jordanian - were each sentenced to 2,000 lashes and two years in jail.

A friend of one of those arrested in Jeddah denied that there was any "gay wedding" to Human Rights Watch, saying the gathering was a birthday party. Amnesty International said it believed the arrested men could well be prisoners of conscience, punished solely for their sexual orientation.

A month after the Jeddah arrests, the UK daily The Guardian reported, "Dozens of Saudi men caught dancing and 'behaving like women' at a party have been sentenced to a total of 14,200 lashes, after a trial held behind closed doors and without defense lawyers."

Saudi publications described the gathering as a "party of deviants," a pejorative euphemism for homosexuals.

An article about Saudi Arabia in the May 2007 issue of The Atlantic Monthly magazine by Nadya Labi, entitled "The Kingdom in the Closet," described widespread acts of homosexuality in the country and something of an underground homo culture. Labi ascribed same-sex conduct in large measure to the absence of opportunities for heterosexual sex due to the rigid segregation between men and women, in which dating or appearing in public together is forbidden.

Sexual segregation and the prohibitions against any form of homosexuality are enforced by the muttawwa'in, religious authorities employed by the government's Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice.

The Atlantic article quoted one Saudi lesbian named Yasmin talking about life in that nation.

"'It's easier to be a lesbian than a heterosexual. There's an overwhelming number of people who turn to lesbianism,' Yasmin said, adding that the number of men in the kingdom who turn to gay sex is even greater. 'They're not really homosexual,' she said. 'They're like cell mates in prison.'"

I cant post the source until I have 50 posts..... however this was on the news websites.

That said, im sure the vast majority of people in the KSA are really nice, but it saddens me to see people being opressed in such a way.

on a good note:

JIDDA, Saudi Arabia, Oct. 25 — On a marshy peninsula 50 miles from this Red Sea port, King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia is staking $12.5 billion on a gargantuan bid to catch up with the West in science and technology.

Between an oil refinery and the sea, the monarch is building from scratch a graduate research institution that will have one of the 10 largest endowments in the world, worth more than $10 billion.

Its planners say men and women will study side by side in an enclave walled off from the rest of Saudi society, the country’s notorious religious police will be barred and all religious and ethnic groups will be welcome in a push for academic freedom and international collaboration sure to test the kingdom’s cultural and religious limits.

This undertaking is directly at odds with the kingdom’s religious establishment, which severely limits women’s rights and rejects coeducation and robust liberal inquiry as unthinkable.

cool.

salam

Regarding my experience in Saudi Arabia here is a point out of some of the good and the bad in

the kingdom:

asSalaamu'alaykum.

to me, the kingdom it self is questionable since khilafah that should have the responsibility of the haromayn lead by a kholifah.

Alaykum Salam,

well, I did not read all the post but the first page was pretty negative astagfurAllah. I think as Muslims we have to remember a Muslims character and it is not looking for faults. Their are good and bad everywhere.

I live in Saudi Arabia alhumdullah I am very happy. It is nice to hear the adan 5 times a day, live in a country I can freely wear niqab in, not have to worry about mixing with men and people respecting that, hearing Quran and dua in the grocery store and other places I go and so many other great things. Alhumudllah I live in in this country I feel lucky and proud.

on a good note:

cool.

salam

I wonder what is your source, but just out of curiosity, it says that all religious and ethnic groups will be welcomed, does that include Jews?

Wasslam 3alikoum.

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

I have a lot of respect for my brothers and sisters from Saudia Arabia. I believe that they propagate Islam the most and always defend it with great fury. There is a lot to say but all praise belongs to Allah azawajal.

Glad tidings...

Edited by Tawhid1

asSalaamu'alaykum,

How is it getting on ?

Please share with us here.

Jazakumullah khoyron katsiro.

salaam

Islam, in all muslim countries is nearly at the same "stagnant"level.

rasoolullah/the holy prophet alaih assalaat vassalaam said very clearly,"you can not be a momin/practical believer in Islam, until you prefer/like/love for your muslim brother whatever you prefer/like/love for yourself".

so...in all muslim countries, the physical rituals and the bodilyu exercises of worship and piety are scattered quiet obviously/predominantly..yet..imaan/true-practical-faith is lacking everywhere.

to the extent that even those who give daawah/preach..have forgotten to like/prefer/love for their muslim brother/sister(next door/office/seat)what they like/prefer/love for themselves.

imaan is absent...Islam without imaan is always enslaved by imaan-less infidels/kuffaar.

and one cant blame the non believer, because the 'believers', show them the same greed.lust,selfishness'and irreverance for Allah's laws, in their mutual dealings(dealings between believers)...so similar to kuffaar/worshippers of 'all that glitters"..and thinking for self and not the entire human race.

salaam

download free books in arabic english and urdu, about "addiction(to worldly pleasures/drugs),disease,treatment &cure"

rah-e-rast(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

believe me some readers reverted to true Islam after reading the book above.

(the knowledge in the books is not the author's, but The Creator's)

(excuse the spelling/punctuation errors...always)

..... even those who give daawah/preach..have forgotten to like/prefer/love for their muslim brother/sister(next door/office/seat)what they like/prefer/love for themselves.

asSalaamu'alaykum,

Thanks for sharing.

Since we are reading and post about Islam in saudi arabia, we need to know more especially about imam and da'wah in Makkah and Madinah.

wallahu a'lam wa bishshowab.