Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Allahs Religion is serious

Shoud We Respect Anyone Who Does Shirk To Allah

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmetula Wa Barakatuhu

Since we live in a kufr country, Most of them do shirk to Allah. Some worship nothing, some baby Jesus, some Mary, Jesus,God.

I dont know if I should respect them. There are folks that are reay nice Im nice back but should I be??? to someone who takes everyhting for granted and who knows what rage they have against Allah and Muslims???

Shoud I respect,love,help them

by the way why doesn Surah 9 start with a Bisillah?

Thank You, I hope that Aah spw enrichs our knowedge and inbraths our hearts with patience.

PropellerAds

:sl: wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

Yes, you should respect them. The Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) also respected disbelievers as in that he never acted arrogant towards them, helped them and the disbelievers back in Mecca used to trust him with some of their possessions and he returned them back to them because he is al-Amin, the trustworthy. The best thing for you would be invite them to Islam, everybody at the Prophet(pbuh)'s time started out as a non-Muslim. However, if you are currently not knowledgable, don't worry. Learn about Islam, then invite people to Islam. This is an advice you can give to anybody. Tell people to ask God to guide them dayly with full sincerity when they are alone. You can also tell people why you find Islam to be a beautiful religion and how it has helped you.

The ninth Surah is recited without Bismillah because the Prophet(pbuh) recited it without Bismillah.

This seems like asking if you should respect people even if they were born poor.

Yes, that did sound wrong but I just wanted to be confident when I do so.

Best Wishes on this world and the hearafter :sl:

Yes, that did sound wrong but I just wanted to be confident when I do so.

Best Wishes on this world and the hearafter :sl:

How hilariously condescending to a non-believer! I guess some might see your arrogance as insulting and consider your sarcasm disrespectful. Good job following the advice you sought, found and (apparently) discarded.

If it is of any comfort I learned more about your religion after reading your post. I wanted to know what Bismillah was. Thanks to you and Wikipedia I now know more about both Arabic and Islam.

Peace!

Edited by skibture

This seems like asking if you should respect people even if they were born poor.

People born into poverty can't control their circumstances. But people who choose to worship other gods can choose otherwise. Shirk is usually defined as associating partners with God. This means worshipping, supplicating to, or believing in the power of any being besides God. Shirk is number one on the list of great sins and is never forgiven if a person does not repent before death, even if the person considers himself a Muslim.

Basically, imagine someone who murders people. Should we respect them? That is a good question, and I'm sure the answer would be a resounding no. But murder, while it's in the list of biggest sins, is below Shirk.

I'll be happy to create a new topic for the subject if you'd like to talk about it. But this part of the forum is for Muslim-Muslim interaction concerning Islam and it also wouldn't be fair to the sister to hijack her topic, so to speak.

I'm also glad that you've added one more word to your list of Arabic words. Bismillah Al-Rahman Al-Rahim is the full sentence, it means "In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful".

Lastly, I wanted to add that you should be wary of the information Wikipedia has on Islam. While this is no fault of theirs, they tend to add sectarian beliefs and opinions on issues. They do so for the sake of presenting full information on a subject but it makes it hard to distinguish between truth and falsehood.

Salam.

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmatula Wa Barakatuhu

Thanks everybody for your kind replies. I think I got a yes and a no answer though.

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmatula Wa Barakatuhu

Thanks everybody for your kind replies. I think I got a yes and a no answer though.

:sl: sis

I wasn't saying no, I was just saying that being born poor, and practicing Shirk because your parents do aren't the same thing. The first is something that is beyond control, the second is a sin that people will be held accountable for.

To be honest, I don't know the answer to your question.

:sl: sis

I wasn't saying no, I was just saying that being born poor, and practicing Shirk because your parents do aren't the same thing. The first is something that is beyond control, the second is a sin that people will be held accountable for.

To be honest, I don't know the answer to your question.

Sister, If you don't know than I don't know who does. I'll submit my question to a scholar then paste it here for others to benefit inshAllah.

:sl:

What people need to take into consideration is that there are different kinds of respect as there are different kinds of love. The love between a man and a woman isn't the same as the love between a servant of God and God. The same goes for respect. For example, God commands people to obey their - even if they are non-Muslims - except in disobedience and honour them, and honoring is a form of respect. But like I said there are different kinds of respect, some more profound than others. So Allah's religion is serious, you need to distinguish between different kinds of respect. But like I said, the Prophet(pbuh) used to respect non-Muslims. For example, once a Jew died and the Jews were taking him in his coffin for the burial and the Prophet(pbuh) stood up as a sign of respect when they passed him and the men who were in his company. After the Jews had passed, the companions asked the Prophet why did he stand up, and the Prophet answered, wasn't he a human being. Plus, God in the Qur'an orders Moses(pbuh) to speak well with Pharaoh: " And speak unto him a gentle word. that peradventure he may heed or fear" (20:44)

But the Prophet(pbuh) or any other Prophets(pbut) certainly didn't respect their disbelief and shirk.

Here are some Qur'anic verses:

*{And when We made a covenant with the children of israel: You shall not serve any but Allah and [you shall do] good to [your] parents, and to the near of kin and to the orphans and the needy, and you shall speak to men good words and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate. Then you turned back except a few of you and [now too] you turn aside.}* (Al-Baqarah 2:83)

*{And serve Allah and do not associate any thing with Him and be good to the parents and to the near of kin and the orphans and the needy and the neighbor of [your] kin and the alien neighbor, and the companion in a journey and the wayfarer and those whom your right hands possess; surely Allah does not love him who is proud, boastful;}* (An-Nisaa’ 4:36)

*{And We have enjoined on Man goodness to his parents, and if they contend with you that you should associate [others] with Me, of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them, to Me is your return, so I will inform you of what you did.}* (Al-`Ankabut 29:8)

There really is no clear-cut answer such as an absolute yes or an absolute no since every disbeliever is different. For example, if there was a person who openly insulted God and the Prophet(pbuh), wasn't open for dialogue and was generally arrogant, I wouldn't talk to him. There is no simple answer because people are different.

Let me share my way of view. I believe that the best of saying is: “to not hold what you know notâ€. When I’m interacting with people I don’t judge based on hidden intentions or caprices that I – me – have. I only place my judgment on what I absolutely know, so if a person is nice to me, I don’t assume that he’s being so , because he has a service to ask or because he’s afraid or I don’t know … I don’t assume such things but I keep with the certain knowledge that this person was nice to me . If after a while this person asks me for a service, I don’t assume that he was nice because he wanted this service, but I stay with the knowledge that he was nice and he asked for a service. For me to claim that he had a hidden reason then my proof must be other then assumptions that I had in my mind. if a person was not nice to me I don’t assume that this person was so because he’s bad or because he hates me , I only stand with the certain knowledge that he didn’t act in accordance of what I see to be an acceptable manner , without making any judgment about his personality or his way of thought . Till I know the true motives I don’t judge.

Whether it’s a good or bad thing what I’m doing, I can safely reply that by using this method I will never be committing injustice, so I see it as a good thing. Now you might ask what about you being victim of the injustice done by the others, to this I reply , if this injustice affects my money or my body then it’s not a big deal , those thing will perish anyway . if this injustice affects my “self†or “soul†then this where I have to prepare myself and the only thing that can defend me against this is true knowledge , as long as I have my knowledge and act by my knowledge then the only person that this injustice will affect will be the person who has commit it .

In my humble opinion , master the art of peace which is knowledge, forgiveness , respect ... and you will master the art of war, just my thought that i share . :sl:

salam.

yes, we should repect everyone. i belive there is a verse in the Qur'an that says somthing to the effect of: "and speak kind words...." i forget the rest of the ayah, may Allah pardon my for my horrible memory.

assalamu'alaikum

there is nothing wrong to respect the disbelievers even if they commit shirk and it is sunnah to be respectful towards them in peace time. If there is a military conflict then be harsh with the disbelievers and merciful with the believers on the battlefield. Outside the battlefield Muslims should be gentle to everyone, except to those who insult the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wassallam. however, if someone just have wrong information about the prophet and asks you questions that might seem offensive then you should be patient as well.

remember that Muhammad acceped the help of Abu Talib who was disbeliever until death. he was with Abbas ibn Al AbdulMuttalib which was his uncle and he even allowed him to be in the counsel in Makkah although they were secret councils Abbas was allowed to join. he was the only non-Muslim in that council.

harshness is not the way of the muslims, but it is gentleness and patience.

if someone offends and inults yourself and Islam then be patient.

But if they offend and insult the Prophet himself then it depends on the situation and the person.

remember that Abbas ibn AbdulMuttalib was a Mushrik at that time which is even worse that being from the people of the book.

there is an ayah in Qur'an that tells us that we should not speak to the people of the Book except with politeness and gentleness. That means we are obliged to speak to them using nice and pleasant words which is part of Dawah.

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmetula Wa Barakatuhu

Thank You, these replies are very convincing.