Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lll

The Quran

Hi Everyone,

I wish to find out how the Quran was actually compiled and weather the actual original Quran is still in existance.

Naturally I searched the Internet but it all gets a little confusing after a while.

I was wondering if there are any resources that you could recommend which would help me get a better understanding about these issues?

Books would also be good, infact better.

Thanks,

lll

PropellerAds

Here is some material regarding the Qur'an's history. The link is a book in the form of a pdf-file and its title is "The History of the Quranic Text from Revelation to Compilation". Furthermore, I've listed books that deal with the Islamic way of preserving information, while they do not directly discuss the Qur'an's compilation, they still give you rich insight.

Copy paste the link into your browser and join it together.

http:// individual.utoronto.ca/fantastic/The_History_of_the_Quranic_Text_from_Revelation_to

Compilation.pdf

Studies in Early Hadith Literature by MM Azami

Hadith Methodology and Literature by the same author as above

Hadith Literature, its Origin, Development and Special Features by Siddiqui

On Schacht's Origins of Muhammadan Jurisprudence by M. Mustafa Al-Azami

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

Hi Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz,

Thanks for the link. The space between the http:// individual did catch me out for while but managed to get it at the end.

I will definately be having a read. Thank you for the books too, will be checking them out.

Also if anyone knows of any good websites that can help me further my knowledge in this area, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

lll

The Quran is in every detail the unique and miraculous text which was revealed to Muhammad fourteen centuries ago. Not one word of its 114 chapters has been changed over the centuries.The Quran deals with all topics which concern us as human beings: wisdom, doctrine, worship, and law, but its basic theme is the relationship between God and His creatures.

• Like 1