Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heart for Muslims

Hamas

I am interested to know what Muslims genuinely think about Hamas.

I understand that Hamas is short for "Islamic Resistance Movement" and I recently read their 36 Articles of their Charter - and was a bit shocked by some of it.

Also, I recently read that Hamas are not being fair to their own people from press reports - can we believe these reports? If these reports are true, how can Hamas truly claim to uphold the teachings of the Quran when they mistreat their own peope in this way by disallowing food and aid funded by ordinary western people like myself? It makes me think I maybe I should not contribute to Gaza appeals because I can't be sure my donations are making it to the poor suffering innocent people in Gaza (particularly the women and children).

I find this hard as a christian because I want to be impartial in my giving; I want help all needy people regardless of race, colour or religion (as Christ Himself would), but I find it difficult to respond to how my consicence is telling me I should when I read about Hamas ideaology in its Charter, and Hamas actions in news report such as these:

"UNWRA reported yesterday that Hamas police confiscated supplies of humanitarian aid from one of the distribution points under its control in Gaza. Two days ago, they report, more than 3,500 blankets and 406 food parcels were confiscated by Hamas police officials." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Feb. 5, 2009]

"Yesterday the Hamas militias took control of two charity organizations in Jabaliya and in Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip. Sources said that the Hamas militias took control over the Association for the Disabled in Jabaliya, and the "Our Home" association in Beit Lahiya. They forced the people in charge of the two [charity] organizations to sign that they obligate themselves not to distribute any aid or carry out social or humanitarian actions."

[Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 28, 2009]

"[Hamas] took control by armed force of the aid trucks and of the goods that were sent to the private sector. The supplies were distributed between the [Hamas] party members and afterwards the remainder was put up for sale at exorbitant prices... People's stories range from stories of murder of innocent people in cold blood to the unloading of bags of flour to the houses of Hamas activists while their neighbors were left starving. When they asked [for some of the flour] they were offered to buy at prices which they could not afford to pay." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 22, 2009]

"Hamas kidnaps Fatah members while they distribute aid ... Armed Hamas members kidnapped Fatah movement members yesterday while they were distributing aid to citizens... they also attacked a senior policeman wildly... and refused to transfer him to hospital for treatment after the attack." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 28, 2009]

Headline: "Minister for Social Affairs: The Ministry concentrates on rescue and rehabilitation activities while Hamas confiscates the aid and sells it

"[Minister for Social Affairs] Al-Habbash clarified that the [Palestinian] Authority ... used to send [aid] through the UN institutions and the World Food Programs or directly. He emphasized that Hamas has taken control over this aid and has prevented its reaching the citizens... 'When the [israeli] aggression ended, the Hamas members came out and began to carry out robberies of the aid convoys and take the aid. On the 19th and 20th of this month they took over 63 trucks loaded with food, which were expected to arrive at the [uNRWA] relief agencies...

"They [Hamas] take control over everything that falls into their hands, they present it at the market and sell it ...

"He added that Hamas disseminated among the grocers and the food distributors, [orders] preventing them from selling [large] quantities of food, unless it is with permission of Hamas, even if is a person wants to buy quantities [of food] in order to distribute it as charity among people. He directed attention to the fact that the aid that reaches Hamas, it distributes among its [own] people and the rest it sells." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 29, 2009]

Headline: "Al-Habbash: Aid entering Gaza is no longer safe after [Hamas] has taken 63 trucks of food and medicine"

"[Palestinian] Minister for Social Affairs, Mahmoud Al-Habbash, said: 'During the last three days, armed [activists] who belong to the Hamas movement have taken control of 63 trucks delivering aid consisting of food and medicine, which were on their way to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), after shooting at the drivers...

'Unfortunately the way the aid enters into the Gaza Strip has not been safe during the last three days ... Hamas has executed 19 civilians, and has shot another 63 civilians in the legs ...'

"Regarding Hamas's taking the aid he said: 'The movement sells part of the aid on the open market and to private pharmacies, and the rest it distributes among its members, that is the message of hundreds of complaints from Gaza citizens received every day at the Ministry for Social Affairs' ... and he said that he has evidence from drivers who were shot before the contents of their trucks were requisitioned by force..." [Al-Ayyam, Jan. 22, 2009]

.....should I just ignore things like this? How do Muslims feel about this?

PropellerAds

If you don't find this mentioned in mainstream sources such as CNN or BBC, then you should ignore it.

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

Well the BBC is biased - or rather certainly in the past it has been anyhow. That's why the BBC won't publish the Balen Report on the Middle East conflict - because it exposes where the BBC's bias is/was.

Nevertheless the Hamas Charter is fact, so how do Muslims generally feel about that?

Greetings to you HeartforMuslims,

As a Muslim myself I am shocked to hear such things really from Muslims and please don't ever think that this behaviour is Islamic because it certainly is not.

We are in a time at the moment where we just don't know what is true and what is propagander and for me I am confused by it all.

I hate to think of any Muslim treating others badly because it goes against what Prophet Muhammed (Peace be upon him) taught. I know there is good and bad in all people but I expect Muslims to follow the straight path which unfortunatly a lot don't.

For myself I always respected Hamas because I felt at least they are fighting back and trying to defend the people of Palestine, but I think something has gone terribly wrong. Muslims should never kill each other and I am struggling to accept that they are doing that, As a Muslimah this hurts me a lot and more than israeli attacks on Muslims.

May Allah The All Powerful and Most High guide us all of the straight path and keep us away from corruption...Ameeeeen.

The Palestinian people elected Hamas .. and its well known that Hamas is the branch of the well known Muslim Brotherhood group which is a group that is rejected by all muslim governments and a lot of muslims in these countries ( I mean they are kind of isolated )

israel and other countries in the area and around the world only want Fateh mainly for 2 reasons

1. Fateh is corrupt and will do what ever they are told

2. They don't have any agenda that would REALLY get back the land

You will find a lot of clients " traitors " helping out against hamas . that's why you hear about some killings in Gaza .. and this issue has been going on for years .. the issue of the clients that serve israel .. so its not new .. but its a card that is been used these days to make hamas look bad

All the above is combined to make Hamas look bad while they are only wanting to free their land from occupation

Greetings to you HeartforMuslims,

As a Muslim myself I am shocked to hear such things really from Muslims and please don't ever think that this behaviour is Islamic because it certainly is not.

We are in a time at the moment where we just don't know what is true and what is propagander and for me I am confused by it all.

I hate to think of any Muslim treating others badly because it goes against what Prophet Muhammed (Peace be upon him) taught. I know there is good and bad in all people but I expect Muslims to follow the straight path which unfortunatly a lot don't.

For myself I always respected Hamas because I felt at least they are fighting back and trying to defend the people of Palestine, but I think something has gone terribly wrong. Muslims should never kill each other and I am struggling to accept that they are doing that, As a Muslimah this hurts me a lot and more than israeli attacks on Muslims.

May Allah The All Powerful and Most High guide us all of the straight path and keep us away from corruption...Ameeeeen.

Thank you and greetings Tamarbutah.

This is very helpful acrtually because I guess in many ways it's like the confusion within so-called Christian faith - where Catholics/protestants etc have fought and killed each other over they years. It is all so wrong and does not reflect true Christianity. So I guess there is these similar things in Islam and probably all religions.

It's just that this site seems so strongly one-sided in some areas (which is fine and I do not have a problem with that - we are all entitled to our views) that I was getting a wrong impression maybe.

Could I ask a personal question Tamarbutah (and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to), but as a Muslim woman yourself, what do you make of Articles 17 and 18 of the Hamas Charter (concerning Muslim women)?

Well the BBC is biased - or rather certainly in the past it has been anyhow. That's why the BBC won't publish the Balen Report on the Middle East conflict - because it exposes where the BBC's bias is/was.

Nevertheless the Hamas Charter is fact, so how do Muslims generally feel about that?

Well, I find BBC a lot more credible than Al-Hayat. If no other mainstream, credible news agency has reported about this, nor the UN officially, then I think this is a hoax. You have to realise that not every single piece of news is true. A lot has been said to demonize Hamas as propaganda, especially now.

As for the Hamas Charter, I haven't read it nor do I know much about it.

Thank you and greetings Tamarbutah.

This is very helpful acrtually because I guess in many ways it's like the confusion within so-called Christian faith - where Catholics/protestants etc have fought and killed each other over they years. It is all so wrong and does not reflect true Christianity. So I guess there is these similar things in Islam and probably all religions.

It's just that this site seems so strongly one-sided in some areas (which is fine and I do not have a problem with that - we are all entitled to our views) that I was getting a wrong impression maybe.

Could I ask a personal question Tamarbutah (and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to), but as a Muslim woman yourself, what do you make of Articles 17 and 18 of the Hamas Charter (concerning Muslim women)?

Dear Heart for Muslims,

I don't know anything about the Hamas Charter so I have no idea what contains in the articles 17 and 18, you could post it here so at least I know what you are talking about.

But I just want to add that I don't follow any group or sect, except I follow what Allah says in the Quran and what Prophet Muhammed Peace be upon him taught us, as this is the correct path for all Muslims.

Below are the two articles in question from Hamas's charter.

The Role of the Muslim Woman:

Article Seventeen:

The Muslim woman has a role no less important than that of the Muslim man in the battle of liberation. She is the maker of men. Her role in guiding and educating the new generations is great. The enemies have realised the importance of her role. They consider that if they are able to direct and bring her up they way they wish, far from Islam, they would have won the battle. That is why you find them giving these attempts constant attention through information campaigns, films, and the school curriculum, using for that purpose their lackeys who are infiltrated through Zionist organizations under various names and shapes, such as Freemasons, Rotary Clubs, espionage groups and others, which are all nothing more than cells of subversion and saboteurs. These organizations have ample resources that enable them to play their role in societies for the purpose of achieving the Zionist targets and to deepen the concepts that would serve the enemy. These organizations operate in the absence of Islam and its estrangement among its people. The Islamic peoples should perform their role in confronting the conspiracies of these saboteurs. The day Islam is in control of guiding the affairs of life, these organizations, hostile to humanity and Islam, will be obliterated.

Article Eighteen:

Woman in the home of the fighting family, whether she is a mother or a sister, plays the most important role in looking after the family, rearing the children and embuing them with moral values and thoughts derived from Islam. She has to teach them to perform the religious duties in preparation for the role of fighting awaiting them. That is why it is necessary to pay great attention to schools and the curriculum followed in educating Muslim girls, so that they would grow up to be good mothers, aware of their role in the battle of liberation.

She has to be of sufficient knowledge and understanding where the performance of housekeeping matters are concerned, because economy and avoidance of waste of the family budget, is one of the requirements for the ability to continue moving forward in the difficult conditions surrounding us. She should put before her eyes the fact that the money available to her is just like blood which should never flow except through the veins so that both children and grown-ups could continue to live.

"Verily, the Muslims of either sex, and the true believers of either sex, and the devout men, and the devout women, and the men of veracity, and the women of veracity, and the patient men, and the patient women, and the humble men, and the humble women, and the alms-givers of either sex who remember Allah frequently; for them hath Allah prepared forgiveness and a great reward." (The Confederates - verse 25).

Personally I don't see anything outrageous there. It seems like the same stuff Christians say.

I take issue with this:

The Palestinian people elected Hamas ..

They did vote for Hamas, but they didn't vote for Hamas to totally take over. Let us remember Hamas used violence to assume control of Gaza. If Hamas had filled the role they were elected to assume none of this would be happening.

I am interested to know what Muslims genuinely think about Hamas.

I understand that Hamas is short for "Islamic Resistance Movement" and I recently read their 36 Articles of their Charter - and was a bit shocked by some of it.

Also, I recently read that Hamas are not being fair to their own people from press reports - can we believe these reports? If these reports are true, how can Hamas truly claim to uphold the teachings of the Quran when they mistreat their own peope in this way by disallowing food and aid funded by ordinary western people like myself? It makes me think I maybe I should not contribute to Gaza appeals because I can't be sure my donations are making it to the poor suffering innocent people in Gaza (particularly the women and children).

I find this hard as a christian because I want to be impartial in my giving; I want help all needy people regardless of race, colour or religion (as Christ Himself would), but I find it difficult to respond to how my consicence is telling me I should when I read about Hamas ideaology in its Charter, and Hamas actions in news report such as these:

"UNWRA reported yesterday that Hamas police confiscated supplies of humanitarian aid from one of the distribution points under its control in Gaza. Two days ago, they report, more than 3,500 blankets and 406 food parcels were confiscated by Hamas police officials." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Feb. 5, 2009]

"Yesterday the Hamas militias took control of two charity organizations in Jabaliya and in Beit Lahiya in the northern Gaza Strip. Sources said that the Hamas militias took control over the Association for the Disabled in Jabaliya, and the "Our Home" association in Beit Lahiya. They forced the people in charge of the two [charity] organizations to sign that they obligate themselves not to distribute any aid or carry out social or humanitarian actions."

[Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 28, 2009]

"[Hamas] took control by armed force of the aid trucks and of the goods that were sent to the private sector. The supplies were distributed between the [Hamas] party members and afterwards the remainder was put up for sale at exorbitant prices... People's stories range from stories of murder of innocent people in cold blood to the unloading of bags of flour to the houses of Hamas activists while their neighbors were left starving. When they asked [for some of the flour] they were offered to buy at prices which they could not afford to pay." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 22, 2009]

"Hamas kidnaps Fatah members while they distribute aid ... Armed Hamas members kidnapped Fatah movement members yesterday while they were distributing aid to citizens... they also attacked a senior policeman wildly... and refused to transfer him to hospital for treatment after the attack." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 28, 2009]

Headline: "Minister for Social Affairs: The Ministry concentrates on rescue and rehabilitation activities while Hamas confiscates the aid and sells it

"[Minister for Social Affairs] Al-Habbash clarified that the [Palestinian] Authority ... used to send [aid] through the UN institutions and the World Food Programs or directly. He emphasized that Hamas has taken control over this aid and has prevented its reaching the citizens... 'When the [israeli] aggression ended, the Hamas members came out and began to carry out robberies of the aid convoys and take the aid. On the 19th and 20th of this month they took over 63 trucks loaded with food, which were expected to arrive at the [uNRWA] relief agencies...

"They [Hamas] take control over everything that falls into their hands, they present it at the market and sell it ...

"He added that Hamas disseminated among the grocers and the food distributors, [orders] preventing them from selling [large] quantities of food, unless it is with permission of Hamas, even if is a person wants to buy quantities [of food] in order to distribute it as charity among people. He directed attention to the fact that the aid that reaches Hamas, it distributes among its [own] people and the rest it sells." [Al-Hayat Al-Jadida, Jan. 29, 2009]

Headline: "Al-Habbash: Aid entering Gaza is no longer safe after [Hamas] has taken 63 trucks of food and medicine"

"[Palestinian] Minister for Social Affairs, Mahmoud Al-Habbash, said: 'During the last three days, armed [activists] who belong to the Hamas movement have taken control of 63 trucks delivering aid consisting of food and medicine, which were on their way to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), after shooting at the drivers...

'Unfortunately the way the aid enters into the Gaza Strip has not been safe during the last three days ... Hamas has executed 19 civilians, and has shot another 63 civilians in the legs ...'

"Regarding Hamas's taking the aid he said: 'The movement sells part of the aid on the open market and to private pharmacies, and the rest it distributes among its members, that is the message of hundreds of complaints from Gaza citizens received every day at the Ministry for Social Affairs' ... and he said that he has evidence from drivers who were shot before the contents of their trucks were requisitioned by force..." [Al-Ayyam, Jan. 22, 2009]

.....should I just ignore things like this? How do Muslims feel about this?

The fact is the majority of Palestinian people have elected Hamas through a fair democratic election to establish a Palestinian government to govern Palestine. Therefore, Hamas has its legal and moral rights to govern Palestine and the world should recognize Hamas as the legal government of Palestine. However, the highly hypocritical regimes of the West including Europe and the US that support and finance israel and the US puppet regimes such as the Fatah regime and the Egyptian regime, that claim falsely that they are the so-called defender of democracy, have exposed their own disgusting hypocrisy by hijacking the right of Palestinian people, overthrowing the Hamas government (the legitimate goverment of Palestine and replacing it with the Zionist puppet Fatah regime that has been cooperating and conspiring with the brutal and barbaric israel regime of terror to terrorize Palestinian people.

I am not surprised at all when I read all the baseless allegations that you have quoted above since the Zionist media have been fabricating lies to frame and demonize Hamas and other Islamic organizations because they refused to be enslaved by the immoral and sadistics Zionists. You should expose all the israeli massacres against Palestinian people instead of condoning the brutal and barbaric Zionist crime against Palestinian people.

David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff.

From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978: "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population."

Why don't you mention the racist and barbaric statements made by the Zionist leaders? Why don't you discuss the israeli genocide of Palestinian people?

The UN and Zionist slaves in the UN Security Council even conspire and cooperate with the brutal israeli regime of terror by allowing and manipulating the brutal and cruel Zionists to control all the UN aids for the Palestinian people so that Zionists can blackmail, intimidate and starve Palestinian people to death and the hypocritical UN deliberately ignore the barbaric and sadistic Zionist crime against Palestinian people. They have failed to punish the brutal israeli regime of terror everytime the brutal Zionist terrorists terrorize and massacre innocent Palestinian people but they are quick to intimidate and punish any Muslim countries based on baseless allegations that are fabricated by the brutal Zionists and their idiotic puppets. Even Ban Ki-moon the current Secretary-General of the United Nations is a disgusting Zionist clown for his support for the brutal israeli regime of terror and his failure to punish the brutal israeli regime of terror. He shamelessly condones the brutal israeli crime against Palestinian people. He doesn't care about the brutal Zionist war crime against Palestinian people.

Al-Hayat Al-Jadida belongs to The Palestinian National Authority which is headed by Mahmoud Abbas who is an immoral Zionist whore who always joins his Zionist masters to blame Palestinian people for the Zionist crimes against Palestinian people. Therefore, I am not suprised to see Al-Hayat Al-Jadida fabricate lies to blame and frame the Hamas government.

I wish to remind all Muslims that Zionists control most of the media and the Zionist media are an industry of lies and fabrications to misinform and mislead naive people into believing in Zionist lies and fabrications and to frame and demonize all the Muslim organzations that are brave enough to expose all the crimes of the Zionist terrorists and to defy the brutal israeli regime of terror.

Even Obama is a Zionist slave for he has failed to stop the brutal israeli genocide of Palestinian people by ignoring the Zionist crime against Palestine and Palestinian people. He becomes a Zionist parrot by parroting Zionists lies to frame the innocent Palestinian people. Now Americans are having a highly hypocritical US president. His BIG mouth proves nothing but a Zionist joker!

Hamas as the legitimate government of Palestine has its right to govern Palestine and it has its right to protect Palestinian people and defend Palestine against the brutal Zionist terrorists. Either you support the Hamas government or the brutal, sadistic and barbaric Zionists. If you support the immoral Zionists, you are supporting the Zionist crime against humanity.

Why don't you discuss the israeli genocide of Palestinian people in Palestine instead of exaggerating the baseless fairy tales that are invented by Zionists and their slaves to demonize and frame the legitimate Hamas government? You are not discussing the israeli genocide of Palestinian people by trying to distract or prevent Muslims and non-Muslims from discussing the real issue that is the israeli genocide of Palestinian people. What is your hidden agenda?

Oh great, ######... here we go again.

So your from the Middle East now and not Russia?

Speaking of Russia, Hamas has ties with the Russian government and has even sent representatives. Apparently Hamas is willing to fight israel but will turn it's back on the Muslims in Chechnya.

By the way... Fatah was in power first, than came Hamas, and Hamas took more power than it was supposed to (making it illegitimate)

Oh great, ######... here we go again.

So your from the Middle East now and not Russia?

Speaking of Russia, Hamas has ties with the Russian government and has even sent representatives. Apparently Hamas is willing to fight israel but will turn it's back on the Muslims in Chechnya.

By the way... Fatah was in power first, than came Hamas, and Hamas took more power than it was supposed to (making it illegitimate)

When I read your pathetic baseless statement above, I know that you skibture are just a brain-dead Zionist slave. You never respect the right of Palestinian people to elect Hamas as their legitimate government. It seems to me that you even hate democracy very much by denying the right of Hamas to govern Palestine after Hames is elected by the majority of Palestine as the new government of Palestine. Shame on pathetic Zionists who fabricate lies to frame Hamas. Shame on you for condoning the israeli crime against humanity and framing Hamas for defending Palestine and protecting Palestinian people. Zionists can go to HELL !!!!

Zionists are the worst war criminals. Even Hitler hated the Zionists for they are worse than him.

Dear Heart for Muslims,

Ok now that I have read the articles 17 and 18 I'm still unsure of your question to me.

Be frank and ask me anything.

I do see a mother in any household as the teacher of her children and it is my duty to guide my children to be good and to have Islamic knowledge and the best morals as our beloved Prophet had (peace be upon him). I also teach my children that we should defend Islam even if it means taking our last breath to do so. But that dosent mean I would tell them to blow up innocent people.

Dear Heart for Muslims,

Ok now that I have read the articles 17 and 18 I'm still unsure of your question to me.

I do see a mother in any household as the teacher of her children and it is my duty to guide my children to be good and to have Islamic knowledge and the best morals as our beloved Prophet had (peace be upon him). I also teach my children that we should defend Islam even if it means taking our last breath to do so. But that dosent mean I would tell them to blow up innocent people.

The fact is the brutal israeli regime of terror and the Zionist terrorists have been blowing up innocent Palestinian people since the establishment of the illegitimate israel. The brutal and sadistic Zionist terrorists and criminals are terrorizing and massacring innocent Palestinian people, using white phosporous bombs to burn Palestinian people alive, robbing them of their land, right, farms, home etc, using uranium shells (D.U.) and chemical weapons to wipe out Palestinian people etc.

David Ben-Gurion, May 1948, to the General Staff. From Ben-Gurion, A Biography, by Michael Ben-Zohar, Delacorte, New York 1978: "We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid the Galilee of its Arab population."

And there are no innocent Zionist teenagers and adults in israel for they are the israeli army reservists etc who use to terrorize and murder innocent Palestinian babies, toddlers, women etc and destroy civilian targets in Palestine. And these so-called Zionist civilians are murdering innocent Palestinian people in Gaza etc. Therefore, the Zionist civilians are the legitimate targets for they are the war criminals.

The Jews, who oppose the israeli genocide of Palestinian people, are the innocent civilians so we respect them. However, most of the Jews are the barbaric warmongers, criminals and terrorists who support the barbaric israeli regime of terror to terrorize and massacre Palestnian people so the barbaric Jews or Zionists are the legitimate targets.

Dear Heart for Muslims,

Thank you Tamarbutan. Well as Skibture pointed out in many ways some of the things in the Articles regarding women can be applied to Christian principles (eg: there is in our Scripture a verse which says that arried women should be a "keeper at home").

However, it was the scope which I wondered about because it seemed quite narrow. Is that all Palestinian women have, or can they be involved in other things and other aspects of life? Can they take part in cultural things and can women get equal opportunities and jobs if they choose not to marry, that sort of thing.

I agree the principle role of a married woman is to ensure that good moral values are passed on, and that good housekeeping skills are necessary, but I suppose my question to you then is this: do you not think the Articles are a way of oppressing women by keeping them firmly in the home, in the background behind the scenes, rather than educating them to become part of the political system or other aspect of society.

I also wonder what life is like in general for a Palestinian woman - whether she be single or married.

I also wonder what life is like in general for a Palestinian woman - whether she be single or married.

Based on what I've learned....

It depends whether you me city or rural. The city woman is likely to live in a different world than the rural woman.

The rural woman suffer all the stereotypes we hear in the west while the city women actually benefit from all the advantages we condem many muslims for not taking advantage of (IE education). As in the males abadon education and woman pursue it.

This is all second hand info.

As a Palestinian I would like to try to explain ..

In palestine .. there are many factions with one common target is the liberation of Palestine ..

the first faction revealed was Fatah .. and they have big history in the resistance in palestine and outside .. after that Hamas had been established as the biggest Islamic movement ( there was also Islamic Jihad but it is a small movement ) ..

As Hamas establish at the first Intifada .. other factions tried to Isolate it because they knew that the Islamic ideology is stronger and will take the control of everything and will not concess on any of our rights because that violate the principles of Islam ..

by the first 90s .. the negotiation took place .. and series of concession occured .. first was the recognition of israel as a country .. to accept to drop the militant resistance from our choices .. and to accept temporary solutions ..

all other factions even they claim not .. but all of them except the Islamic movements ( Hamas and Islamic Jihad ) accept what happened ..

as the palestinian authority established .. the main 2 things they did .. is stealing and collaboration .. alot of resisters put in the palestinian prisons .. and security coordination held between palestinians and israeli.

after that .. the israeli didnt give anything to palestinians .. that what made Yasser Arafat to spark the second Intifada .. all the factions united again in the resistance and all prisons were emptied .

the israeli and their supporters in the west .. started in their plan to kill arafat and replace him by a pirson who will go more with the israeli project in the region .. so they killed Arafat and bring Abbas who was not admired by Fatah ( but this prove that Fatah is controlled from outside)

after abbas had come .. the surprise was what hamas got in the election .. the results showed that palestinian people got bored from the corrupt government and they would like a change ..

continue .. later

salam

I wished that there was just one leadership so that the Muslims could fight under one banner. Now, it seems very unorganized.