Islamic Forum
Hasib

Stories Of The Prophets [cd Set]

:sl:

There is a CD set titled "Stories of the prophets".. detailing the anbia's life from Adam right thru Mohammed Al Mustafa :sl:

This is a great great GREAT CD set and money entirely well spent in my opinion! If anyone wants I'll post some small clips.. the voice recording is very good.. the sheikh doing the english commentary is very good and so is the arabic Quran recitations. He blends in Quran, ahadith from various resources- Bukhari, Muslim etc and other literature from Ibin Khateer (i think i got his name right)!

I think every muslim household should have this and its esp good for our children as a supplimental learning source from. Its also good for adults to learn and then teach their kids.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

:no:

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum, I have the book version of it, and it is really a very nice book written by Ibn Katheer Ra. What I like most about it is all the references are from Qur'aan and Hadeeth no assumptions or man made stories at all. This book is authentic and recommended by the Scholars.

Now that you remind about, inshaAllah I'm gonna start going through it again, I always find something I missed before.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Ibrahim pbuh and Musa pbuh have really wondeful stories :sl:

Assalamu alaikum, actually I think he is talking about the the translation of the book "Qasasul Qur'aan" written by Ibn Katheer RA. which is in the CD. format, I don't know if the narrator is Shaikh Anvar Al-Awlaki.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Oh right! My mistake! :sl: Apologies.

I am sorry, I never thought this would go so far. I am sorry for my part in it.

Assalamu Aalikum, I am confused here..................

I am sorry, I never thought this would go so far. I am sorry for my part in it.

What is your part in the thread???????

Salaam

Assalamu alaikum, actually I think he is talking about the the translation of the book "Qasasul Qur'aan" written by Ibn Katheer RA. which is in the CD. format, I don't know if the narrator is Shaikh Anvar Al-Awlaki.

Assalamu Alaikum.

No, not what you put in the quotes. Qasasul Anbiya (as) by Ibn Kathir (ha), but Shaykh Anwar Al Awlaki (ha) did not narrate that. He used al bidayah wan nihaya and a few other classical sources, to my limited recollection, to deliver lectures on this subject. So that is different from narrating something as he was not reading from what you quoted.

I listened to them long time ago though. You can download them at (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislambase(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislambase(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url] He doesn't have any copyrights for his lectures, meaning he himself allows the free distribution of it.

asalamu alaikuum

i dont suggest to listen to those lectures by awlaki , i am open to discuss it, anyway the books of Ibn Katheer is better so why not use best source

Assalamu alaikum, I am not a Audio or Video person. I like to read books, I like the words in front of me. It just feels comfy, taking the book and sitting where every you want and read them at our convenience.

The Qasasul Qur'aan by Ibn Katheer Rahimahu Mullah is one of my favourie books. I read the story of Idrees Alaihis Salaam more than 100 time, and still want to read it, it is fascinating, even though some people might find nothing very exotic there.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Nice to know this. but what is the difference between an actions of the muslim after he has gone thru the CDs and actions of a non muslim if we dont start following the way of the prophet in our homes? Let us start today. Ameen !! Do you agree?

Assalamu Alaikum, Good advice brother Dr. Khalid. JazaakAllahu Khairan for the reminder.

If we keep gaining knowledge this way and that way, and still there is no change in our life style, then for sure we are like the DONKEY which is carrying all books of knowledge on it's back but has no idea what treasures the books hold.

The prophet Muhammad (S.A.W.) said: “The son of Adam will not pass away from Allah until he is asked about five things: how he lived his life, and how he utilized his youth, with what means did he earn his wealth, how did he spend his wealth, and what did he do with his knowledge.” {Good hadith reported by Imam At-Tirmithi}

Mah Allah give us the ability of putting into practice all that we learn.

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh.