Lucid

Do You Put God Before Humanity?

Do you put god before humanity?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you put god before humanity?

• Yes
    • No

Asalaamu Alykum

No brother dont get sucked in with such an ignorant question, ask yourself what is humanity??Humanity (or Humankind) is the whole human species, human nature also it is: the quality or state of being humane, the quality or state of being human,

Allah says that He is closer to us than our jugular vein so how can a true human being put God before humanity when God is humanity, If your living your life how God wants you to live it then you are not putting God before your humanity God IS your humanity!

From your definition of humanity and saying that God is humanity, you are saying that God is the whole human species. No, Allah is much much more. Humanity is just all of the people in this world, our society, our way of living. No person owns humanity. You cant just say "your humanity".

If we live our life the way Allah swt wants us to live, then Allah is your life and this dunya seems insignificant.

PropellerAds
Asalaamu Alykum

From your definition of humanity and saying that God is humanity, you are saying that God is the whole human species. No, Allah is much much more.

what did i start off the second paragraph by saying??

"And your humanity sees that God is above and greater than anything that you can think of,"

so bro dont misqoute me or think that i think that Allah is the whole human species of course He is more, but WE are from Allah( you make the connection).

So yes Allah is much more, also God is your humanity

and humanity is the quality or state of being human, ask yourself brother how do we become human?? Or the human being that Allah wants us to be? Once you reach that stage that Allah wants for you then your humanity is in check you become the human being that you should be. Now where do you get your humanity from??? You get it from Allah(or at least you should).

Humanity is just all of the people in this world, our society, our way of living.

No its not just that! Your humanity goes much further than that, your soul makes up your humanity!

No person owns humanity. You cant just say "your humanity".

Speaking of the quality or state of being a human and what the Quran says about becomming a good human, yes you are right no person owns their humanity, it is on LOAN to you from Allah, and on the day of judgement you have to answer for how you used that loan, Im pretty sure that you know that the day of judgement is also called the day of paying up the debt. The debt of what?? Your life, the loan of being a human,

If we live our life the way Allah swt wants us to live, then Allah is your life and this dunya seems insignificant.

Allah is your life correct and the dunya would be even more significant with Allah in your life. Allah says to seek for the after life (of course which is the better life) But donot neglect your share of the dunya. This dunya is where we come to know Allah This dunya is where we pray to Allah, this dunya is where we seek Allahs help in succeedding in this life. The Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) made great progress in this dunya and we are to do the same. And with Allah in our hearts this dunya will never seem insignificant because you would be on a level of thinking that sees this dunya comming from an intellect so high that we cannot even imagine so this dunya and all of its signs will point to that supreme intellect which is called Allah, so no this dunya would not seem insignificant.

So the question of do you put God before humanity is nothing more than a question from one who has lost thier humanity, this is a question from a mind set like that of pharraoh,one who has lost his ability to become the human that God wants for him, because they openly reject God. This person is not in the same category as people classified as believers in God those who are doing what God has asked them to do inorder to become a better human being. These questions are like suggestions that are whispered into your ears and then the one who posed the question sits back and watches you make a fool of yourself by aswering. So no matter what you say they allready have an answer to their question, the trick now is to see if you agree with them

Edited by twoswordali

:sl:

Brother twoswordali,

Your saying here is understandable and I agree to it in general, except one incorrect definition you mentioned.. "God is humanity". This is not a right thing to say about The Creator Allah Al-Mighty, who created the universes, and everything in it. We humans are nothing but a tiny part of his creations. To say so is not polite nor proper. Its too demeaning to say such a thing. I suggest that you repent and repeat the shahada, just in case. May Allah guide us all.

Brother twoswordali,

Your saying here is understandable and I agree to it in general, except one incorrect definition you mentioned.. "God is humanity". This is not a right thing to say about The Creator Allah Al-Mighty, who created the universes, and everything in it. We humans are nothing but a tiny part of his creations. To say so is not polite nor proper. Its too demeaning to say such a thing. I suggest that you repent and repeat the shahada, just in case. May Allah guide us all.

brother dot when i said God is our humanity im saying that without God we have no humanity, God is our humanity we are not His.Yet where does humanity come from?? does it come from us human beings? where does our humanity come from when you trace it back to its origin? Adam?? and where did Adam come from?? What was Adam before Allah breathed into him?? Was he a consious human being or was he in a lower form ??? And when Allah breathe into him what did he become?? ahhhh

ok i see my post now

Allah says that He is closer to us than our jugular vein so how can a true human being put God before humanity when [b]God is humanity[/b], If your living your life how God wants you to live it then you are not putting God before your humanity God IS your humanity!

GOD IS OUR HUMANITY, I MISSED THE WORD OUR IN THIS SENTENCE!!!(mistake)

and of course God is more than humanity however you cannot deny that humanity comes from God the question also is, is humanity part of God?? the answer is simple GOD IS GREATER THAN THAT!!

Asalaamu Alykum

Allah is your life correct and the dunya would be even more significant with Allah in your life. Allah says to seek for the after life (of course which is the better life) But donot neglect your share of the dunya. This dunya is where we come to know Allah This dunya is where we pray to Allah, this dunya is where we seek Allahs help in succeedding in this life. The Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) made great progress in this dunya and we are to do the same. And with Allah in our hearts this dunya will never seem insignificant because you would be on a level of thinking that sees this dunya comming from an intellect so high that we cannot even imagine so this dunya and all of its signs will point to that supreme intellect which is called Allah, so no this dunya would not seem insignificant.

This dunya is insignificant in terms of achieving worldly gain, honour and desires. What good will we get if we succeed in this life, if we do not do this for the sake of Allah and for the betterment of Islam and its followers? The Prophet Muhammed Sallalahu Alayhi Wasalaam made great, extraordinary achievments in this dunya for the sake of Allah and His religion, Islam. Everything we do, is judged by Allah and so anything we do in this dunya which is not for His sake, is really pointless. Thats what i was trying to get across. This life seems insignificant because you are working towards pleasing Allah and achieving the ultimate reward of Paradise. If Allah is in our hearts and we wake up and see the everyday signs of Our Creator then we wont be planting the seeds for this life but for the afterlife.

Asalaamu Alykum

This dunya is insignificant in terms of achieving worldly gain, honour and desires.

I would have to disagree with you on this point brother, because our prophets (pbut) have all been given honour in this dunya and their desires all pointed towards Muhammad(pbuh). Also there is nothing wrong with achieving worldly gain,

What good will we get if we succeed in this life, if we do not do this for the sake of Allah and for the betterment of Islam and its followers?

i totaly agree with you i would also add that we donot need to do anything for the betterment of Islam The religion or this way of life is perfect if we live it then it would be for the betterment of our own selves

The Prophet Muhammed Sallalahu Alayhi Wasalaam made great, extraordinary achievments in this dunya for the sake of Allah and His religion, Islam. Everything we do, is judged by Allah and so anything we do in this dunya which is not for His sake, is really pointless. Thats what i was trying to get across.

brother i agree with you, one thing though its that has always troubled me is whe we say that we are doing such and such a thing for Allahs sake because of the meaing of the word sake.....Purpose; motive: a quarrel only for the sake of argument.2Advantage; good: for the sake of his health.3 Personal benefit or interest; welfare: for her own sake.... this word troubles me much man. How can we do things for the personal benifit of Allah??? Or how can we do things for the advantage of Allah?? We do things to benifit our selves for our own sake we love Allah for our own advantage for our own personal benifit for our own purpose, I dont see how we would do things for His sake, especially when Allah said that anything good is from Him and anything bad is from our own hands, So if we do good deeds and we do it seeking Allahs blessings then we are doing for our own sake and the good is from God but i can't see us doing it for Gods sake, you know it just sounds weird

This life seems insignificant because you are working towards pleasing Allah and achieving the ultimate reward of Paradise. If Allah is in our hearts and we wake up and see the everyday signs of Our Creator then we wont be planting the seeds for this life but for the afterlife.

well said

Assalamu Alaikum brother twoswordali, I can see what you mean, and I think brother muttaqun is also saying the same thing, but the way it is said is different, because we come from different region and the vocabulary is a bit different?.

You are right Allah does not need anything from anyone, and us doing good deeds wil not increase His Might and Hia Honour, He is Self Sufficient, He is the Almighty, He is the Lord of the Universe. We do good for our own benefit so Allah will be pleased with us. So the better way to say it would be to do good not for the sake of Allah but for the Pleasure of Allah.

I would like to add that even after doing good for the pleasure of Allah we are still dependant on the Mercy of Allah to grant us the reward for what we did.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Yes, this is a very good question - since it is a very paradoxical question. It is a question about values; what do we value the most in life. We could expand upon this question and ask: "What are your top 10 values?" - perhaps on another thread.

I chose God, because God is my highest value. But, because I chose God, humanity is way up on my list of values. Or, to put it in another way: Compassion, because it not only implies compassion to humanity, but compassion to the environment too. My top values are:

1. God
  2. Truth
  3. Integrity
  4. Compassion

I, too agree with both twoswordali and muttaqun, but from two points of view.

When Um-'Eesaa says:

For a Muslim, everything is an 'ibadah' (act of worship) to Allah if one has the correct intention. If a person is as you mentioned, ie caring, has empathy etc, and also keeps in mind that these qualities said person has is for the pleasure of Allah, then this will be taken as an act of worship, even if it is something as simple as a wife or husband waiting for their spouse.

...God is speaking to my heart and my heart says "Yes!"

Asalaamu Alykum

I would have to disagree with you on this point brother, because our prophets (pbut) have all been given honour in this dunya and their desires all pointed towards Muhammad(pbuh). Also there is nothing wrong with achieving worldly gain,

There is nothing wrong with achieving worldy gain, except if your intentions in achieving worldy gain is to be honoured, talked about and have prestige then this cannot be a good thing.

i totaly agree with you i would also add that we donot need to do anything for the betterment of Islam The religion or this way of life is perfect if we live it then it would be for the betterment of our own selves

I'm sorry if i didnt make this clear, but what i meant from "betterment of Islam" was not of the actual religion itself, but of its followers, us, the ummah. We have to benefit all the followers.

How can we do things for the personal benifit of Allah??? Or how can we do things for the advantage of Allah?? We do things to benifit our selves for our own sake we love Allah for our own advantage for our own personal benifit for our own purpose, I dont see how we would do things for His sake, especially when Allah said that anything good is from Him and anything bad is from our own hands, So if we do good deeds and we do it seeking Allahs blessings then we are doing for our own sake and the good is from God but i can't see us doing it for Gods sake, you know it just sounds weird

Yep, brother, i agree with you 100% at that point.

Wasalaam

I would forever do what's right for humanity, not solely what "God" wanted me to do. What proof do I have that "God" exists to begin with?

Not to double-post...but I just wanted to rephrase my previous post a bit.

If I had some positive acknowledgment that God DID indeed want me to carry out some act, and that it was for the better of mankind, then yes, I would definitely do it.

With that being said, I would need some way of knowing that this was indeed "God" who was asking me to commit this act, not merely a recollection of my own subconscious coming into play or emotions dictating my life, rather I would require 100% on knowing where this order came from before carrying it out.

salam

Allah is the Creator of Humanity, but he does not share any resemblance with the creation. To say that God is our Humanity sound wrong. It sounds as if God is part of the creation.

We cannot say anything about Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala unless we know it from Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala Himself.

Allah orders what is good for humanity.So by obeying Allah, everything is achieved.

For example (baqara)

179. In the Law of Equality there is (saving of) Life to you, o ye men of understanding; that ye may restrain yourselves.

- Implementing it would reduce crimes

213. Mankind was one single nation, and Allah sent Messengers with glad tidings and warnings; and with them He sent the Book in truth, to judge between people in matters wherein they differed; but the People of the Book, after the clear Signs came to them, did not differ among themselves, except through selfish contumacy. Allah by His Grace Guided the believers to the Truth, concerning that wherein they differed. For Allah guided whom He will to a path that is straight.

-When followed,disputes are solved

Al Imran

99. For these, there is hope that Allah will forgive: For Allah doth blot out (sins) and forgive again and again.

-Proves Allah is the most forgiving to the mankind

200. O ye who believe! Persevere in patience and constancy; vie in such perseverance; strengthen each other; and fear Allah. that ye may prosper.

-Teaches good morale

Nisa

59. O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination.

-Teaches obedience. Hence, Benefits by obeying the leader is achieved

All these prove that Allah revealed Quran as a guidence for humanity and I would rather argue, that the topic starter had actually been wrongly informed about Islam at first place.

Also, I pose the question , Did Allah ever go against humanity? No right? If you say yes, then bring forward evidence.

I wouldn't vote for either one.

I agree with twoswordsali. Athiests wish to apply arguments regarding the existence of God is not out of purposeful seeking of knowledge, but actually because in their smaller minds they are actually targetting argumentative perceived-supremacy rather than actually reaching a conclusion.

This question is just pseudo-logic of self-negation: choosing either one brings forth the suggestion that God and humanity are at odds, which is not true like Vishah answered. The approach is called argumentative bridging. The real logical statement is that God and humanity are one one side, and everything God ordained IS truly what is good for humanity.

It's a truth that continues over the ages to be attacked, as in the Quran there will always people who will "plug their ears and say legends of ancestors". I never understood the fanatic approach to supporting that belief system, because to me it's too much work for basically saying "there's no God, so don't trouble yourself with worship". Here's a question for you though:

1- If God exists and what Muslims and believers in God say is true, in the afterlife athiests will face an eternity of hellfire, while those who believed in God and worked for that day will God-willing be granted entry into the eternity of paradise. If hypothetically speaking God does not exist, Muslims would have had lead a fruitful moral life and a peaceful satisfied death, while athiests gained... nothing.

The question is: What is to gain from an athiest belief?

I too believe that GOD is the best judge what's right and what's wrong. Human are fallible while God is infallible. What seems to us is humanity may be against humanity. For this you need faith in God. Once you have faith you start following every command without questioning.

I don't know why Atheists bother themselves in preaching atheism. As brother Sampharo said that if theists are true then Atheists will be at big loss, while if Atheists are correct then theists will not loose anything. If there is no life hereafter according to Atheists then why they waste time preaching Atheism? Moreover belief in False God also give you strenght and hopes against oppressors that they will get justice in life hereafter.

actually i didnt vote because this question is wrong or is coming from ignorant person who know not much about Islam

you ask and you already have impresstion that we are blind follower, ,that's funny

before to belive in god ,in isalm ,the first word was IQRA which means READ ,so you can't belive truly unless you think

when you read and you learn and link all those evdiances in this univers ,you reach to that fact that yes there is creator,

God creates human ,so belive one true thing that God cant oppiste humanity and if there is something wrong ,then you have to change the source of your information .he brought us on earth to build and spread all goodness ,.[using large font size is not allowed]

Edited by samar

Salam,

Yes Im also one who first thought of not voting but when I considered my belief that God wants the best for Humanity as it is his creation I voted YES.

It is true that Atheism is difficult to understand but I think Atheist are Atheist bcoz it is easier not to believe than following and obeying a religion.

Hmm when I imagine a situation for instance in which I must immediately act and help anyone I would do it.It depends obviously on the situation but still...I cannot ignore a dying man only bcoz Im a woman myself.Help is Help....im truly honest whilst saying this.After doing so I would look up to God and hope that that what I did was right.

It just I believe that every kind and good feeling comes from God.He is the Creator of everthing and he knows best.

May Allah forgive me for anything wrong I said.