Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
m0nica3

Hajj And Umrah Question

Asalaam Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,

I have a simple question to ask, which may not have a simple response :sl:

I am a revert and ive been reading up on doing Hajj or going for Umrah and i found out that you have to prove you are Muslim (if a revert), but i dont know how i can go about doing that because when i reverted, there were witnesses, but i never had to sign anything that showed i had reverted. How does one go about providing evidence of this??

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum, May Allah accept your intentions and take you to Hajj and make all things easy for you in this journey as well as every aspect of your life, ameen.

Actually it is very simple, here are 2 things you can do:

1: Go to your local Masjid, from what I remember you are in Calgary, you can go to the main Masjid there and take a couple of those people with you who were witnesses to your taking Shahadah and explain to the Imam and inshaAllah he will do the rest.

OR

2: Go to the Masjid and talk to the Imam and take your Shahadah again and ask him to give you a notorised paper saying that you took Shahadah in front of him and any witnesses present.

My father in law was the Islamic Notary here in Montreal, so he had to issue these papers to the new Muslims when they had to go for Hajj or Umrah. Since Non Muslims cannot enter the Cities of Makkah and Madina The Saudi Arabian embassy has this requirement for persons who are born in families that were not Muslims and then reverted to Islam, it is not compliated at all to get this paper so don't worry much.

If you need further information thn please send a PM. and I can give you the phone number of the person you can contact.

Assalamu Alaikum.

Walikum Salaam,

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! very much for the information.

Actually, im in Vancouver now living at home with my family, and my witnesses are scattered across Canada :sl: (none in Vancouver)

So i will just have to go to them :sl: