Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
abukhaleel

2nd International Conference Of Islamic Scholars

2nd International Conference of Islamic Scholars

I wrote here in the past, hoping my children would one day read my mind through this diary…[using large font size is not allowed]

But today I simply write because I owe it to whoever(Allah Subhanohu v-ta'aala) provided me with everything, including my mental and physical faculties…I am ordered to share whatever I am given so I do this writing today to share(amen)[using large font size is not allowed]

I write after so long because I am busy cleansing my own inner-being….it needs too much work and the p.c.consumes too much time.[using large font size is not allowed]

I was subjected to the situation of being nominated as the Islamic scholar from Pakistan by the Anti Narcotics Force here, probably because I founded and administer an Islam-based therapeutic community, authored a couple of books, and they usually use me for university and college students to debate in favour of sunnah way of living & against drug abuse.[using large font size is not allowed]

The conference was fine, one good thing was the fact that nearly 30% of the scholars were muslim women scholars…[using large font size is not allowed]

[using large font size is not allowed]

At the end of the conference, that went on from 24th to the 27th of November 2008,at the Legend Hotel of the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur; a protocol was agreed upon by the conference members ; to be passed on to the participating governments…[using large font size is not allowed]

I agreed with everything except the term "Islamic ways"…[using large font size is not allowed]

I was insistent that it be termed "sunnah ways" and my logic was that 'islamic ways' is too vague a term and whatever is being practiced in my country and most (so-callled) Islamic countries would be encouraged by the mis-term; 'islamic ways'…[using large font size is not allowed]

The chair person "Datu,Abd Bakir Bin Zakir Din" the director general of Malaysian home ministry verbally agreed to make the change as he spoke from the podium, but when the printed document was handed to us on the 28th.. it had the term 'islamic ways' instead of the 'sunnah ways'…ofcourse the conference was already over.[using large font size is not allowed]

The chairperson of the organizing committee was a Christian lady Ms. Chia so she could not (probably never) understand the difference between the Islamic(which means paki,Saudi,Egyptian,Malaysian indonesian ways) and the sunnah ways…[using large font size is not allowed]

So I guess I am correct at considering myself at failure to contribute anything scholarly to the scholar's conference…I did however learn many new things..[using large font size is not allowed]

I stayed on in Malaysia till December 18th and learned to speak read and write Malaysian too…Alhamdulillah..[using large font size is not allowed]

My book about curing muslim drug addicts, reached the hands of the most patriotic of all malays..Dr.Mahateer Muhammad (the ex-president…who is also a graduate of the same medical college as myself)…I hope it to be translated to malay through his influence..(insha-Allah)…am following up on that.[using large font size is not allowed]

Malay are shaafe'e muslims, and I was impressed by their stringent adherence to tauheed….however some of the cultural/colloquial customs are contrary to tauheed but I guess they will continue…[using large font size is not allowed]

Another very impressive fact was that at juma prayers the imam's speech is displayed in English ,on a large screen(The words only….not the imam's face),[using large font size is not allowed]

within the Masjid and during his narration(in malay)..[using large font size is not allowed]

And the 3 Friday prayers I was fortunate to attend , the juma'a speeches were very relevant to here and now…like he spoke of some new "get rich quick" scam that was going on in Malaysia and other south pacific countries…in another he spoke about A.I.D.S….and once he lectured about nutrition, the nutritional value of some common foods, the ill and the healthy eating habits and the significance of physical exercise….[using large font size is not allowed]

I also visted and stayed at an Islam-based therapeutic community in malaysia…myself and the founder became very close friends since he too had recovered through the tableeghi-jama't therapeusis….and he asked me to shift to his community from my hotel..and he also insisted that I prolong the stay..[using large font size is not allowed]

PENGASIH…meaning 'compassion' is the name of the malay therapeutic community I wrote about above…in fact I celebrated my eid-al-azha with them as their guest…[using large font size is not allowed]

I don’t think there is any other therapeutic community which is as intense/strong ( in numbers and) in dedication as pengasih…they have 5000 recovered members and the community is being run by 67 recovered addicts , and the program of rehabilitation is very , rather absolutely, curative….[using large font size is not allowed]

Each day the patients spent the time between maghrib and ishaa in the Masjid, reciting the surah yaaseen collectively(when used for therapeutic intent, this is not a bida'at)…..this is besides the fact that they have to say all 5 prayers in congregation….during the initial stage of the treatment it is mandatory and during the secondary level of it, the salaat/prayers attendance is optional for the patients….which becomes a very good index for grading the patients progress/regress. And the therapists can be very confident in the prognosis report they deliver to the family as well as the patient..[using large font size is not allowed]

However they had hindu as well as Christian and Buddhist patients and from multiple nations…like I said I was very impressed.and when interviewd by a malay daily newspaper, I said, "Malaysia is lucky to have pengasih…not pengasih being lucky for being in Malaysia"[using large font size is not allowed]

Yunus my friend understood my distance from my children…he actually asked me to shift to Malaysia, but I told him that although I wanted to, but once I was back in Pakistan, many things will stop me…mainly my friend and secretary here and ofcourse the comfort of being on home-ground…and yes I am very grateful to be in my house, alhamdulillah.[using large font size is not allowed]

Gaza happened when I was back in Pakistan….i could not understand why muslims from around the world keep yelling at israel but say nothing to the 16 arab countries surrounding gaza..i can never understand that…it is so illogical and so ironic that an entire ummah(body) is blind to this very basic fact of the gaza 'wound' that has bled/weeped for over 49 years(my age) now…it is analogous with my right hand's thumb being crushed, and the entire defence and repair mechanisms of my body working overtime to heal it but the entire right arm denying to betake any assistance to the healing process[using large font size is not allowed]

Will write later…time for dinner now[using large font size is not allowed]

Salaam.[using large font size is not allowed]

PropellerAds

our webdesigner has blkackmailed us for over two years now(webtechnos(contact admin if its a beneficial link))...this time they are upto some new trick having wiped off my website's front page...it will soon be re-posted(insha-Allah and the books mentiooned above will remian freely doqwnloadable..insha-Allah v b aunehi..salaam