Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muhammed Shadab

Missing Verse In Qur'an [nauzubillah]

One Qadiani converted to Christianity asked me a question, which I don't think competent to answer.

Plz. reply

[anti-Islamic link removed]

Plz. remove the spaces from the link.

Aisha's Missing Prayer

Surah 2:238 of the ZSE (Zaid Standard Edition of the Qur'an) reads as follows: "Attend constantly to prayers and to the middle prayer and stand up truly obedient to Allah."

So we have (1) "prayers," and (2) "the middle prayer."

According to Aisha, something is missing from this Ayah in the ZSEQ.

Jami At-Tirmidhi 2982--Abu Yunus, the freed slave of Aishah, said: "Aisha ordered me to write a Mushaf for her, and she said: 'When you get to this Ayah then tell me: Guard strictly (the five obligatory) prayers, and the middle Salat.' So when I reached it, I told her and she dictated to me: 'Guard strictly (the five obligatory) prayers, and the middle Salat, and Salat Al-Asr. And stand before Allah with obedience.' She said: 'I heard that from the Messenger of Allah.'"

Thus, according to the Mother of the Faithful, when Muhammad recited this Ayah, it referred to (1) "prayers," (2) "the middle prayer," and (3) "Salat Al-Asr." The Ayah we have in the Zaid Standard Edition, then, is not the same as the Ayah that Muhammad recited. And yet, somehow, the Qur'an has been perfectly preserved!

Jazakallah khair

{Moderator note}

This post has violated forum rule #3 and 13. Action taken.

For more details, please read our (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url].

PropellerAds

:sl:

These are caused by people who want to cause fitnah and division in the muslims. Hopefully someone will have a better reply for you. These people are sad pathetic creatures. And Qadiani are not muslims to begin with.. so what "conversion" are you talking about?

The enemies of Islam have nothing better to do and go to any lengths to cause Fitnah, Astaghfiullah they do not even think before using the name of our beloved mother Aayesha RadiAllahu Anha to get their point across.

Alhamdulillah our Qur'aan is complete and preserved and will be until the end of life, Allah has taken the responsibility of preserving it in it's original form.

This topic will turn into a Sect topic and talking about sects is against the Rules of the Foum, so I think this Topic should be closed.

Assalamu alaikum.

Well, the first thing you must realise is that this anti-Muslim person will cling to any piece of information that goes against Islam, regardless of authencity, and then follow that with a question and exclamation mark. Most of the time, they aren't really interested in fair judgement. Now, let's get to the topic at hand. The hadith doesn't deal a blow to Islam. The reason why that is due to the fact that there are verses whose recitation in the Qur'an have been abrogated - the most famous example being that of the verse of Rajm (stoning). The verse in question in this topic, or I should part of a verse, falls into the same category. Well, the question then naturally follows, why did Aisha(ra) have it written down although its recitation was abrogated. Well, it is due to the fact that this Mushaf of hers was prepared for her own use only and the abrogated part may have served as exegesis. Notice one critical point, Aisha(ra) doesn't say that leaving the part about "Salat-ul-Asr" is wrong and sinful, or that anything is missing from the official Mushaf. Obviously, since she doesn't say it, the non-Muslim by default has to apply his negative beliefs to the hadith to make the hadith seem to imply that something sinister was going on with the Qur'an's transmission. You can't let the non-Muslim set the context.

Notice, how he concludes that the verse in Zaidi version was not recited in the same way as Muhammad(pbuh) is false because he doesn't take into consideration the context of the hadith, namely the fact that Aisha(ra) doesn't say that the official Mushaf prepared by Zaid(ra) is wrong and how it relates to the issue of abrogation.

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

The reason why that is due to the fact that there are verses whose recitation in the Qur'an have been abrogated - the most famous example being that of the verse of Rajm (stoning). The verse in question in this topic, or I should part of a verse, falls into the same category.

Can you please elaborate this? I never knew that recitation of any verse have been abrogated. Any hadith in support of this?

And Qadiani are not muslims to begin with.. so what "conversion" are you talking about?

He is ex-Qadiani who claimed to be converted to Christianity.

Jazakallah khair

Can you please elaborate this? I never knew that recitation of any verse have been abrogated. Any hadith in support of this?

With all due respect, posting hadiths about the abrogation of certain verses wouldn't be wise since we are both laymen and we cannot do topic justice, nor do we have all the evidence available. There are entire pages worth of material written on the topic, but I will show you one hadith, regarding the verse of Rajm:

Umar (Radi Allahu anhu):

Allah sent Muhammad with the Truth and revealed the Holy Book to him, and among what Allah revealed, was the Verse of the Rajam (the stoning of married person (male & female) who commits illegal sexual intercourse, and we did recite this Verse and understood and memorized it. Allah's Apostle did carry out the punishment of stoning and so did we after him.

I am afraid that after a long time has passed, somebody will say, 'By Allah, we do not find the Verse of the Rajam in Allah's Book,' and thus they will go astray by leaving an obligation which Allah has revealed. And the punishment of the Rajam is to be inflicted to any married person (male & female), who commits illegal sexual intercourse, if the required evidence is available or there is conception or confession.

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 82, Number 817:

Assalamu Aleykum Wa Rahmetula Wa Barakatuhu

Let's not forget who is protecting the Qur'an. Previous books the human being was enthrusted to take care of them, but changes occured. The Qur'an the creator of the heavens and the earth promised to save it. Allah never breakes his promise.

Allah has guaranteed the Quran’s protection from any corruption or distortion. Allah has said:

Indeed, We have sent down the Quran, and surely We will guard it (from corruption). (Quran, 15:9)

In this case I trust Allah with all my heart. Since Allah has guaranteed the Quran's protection, there is no Missing Verse In Qur'an, Surah al-Bakara ayah 238. The Holy Quran is complete!! Please be careful of any attempts to discredit the Holy Quran. The enemies of Islam always invent baseless and nonsensical fairy tales to discredit Islam, Quran, Haddiths, Sunnah, Prophet Muhammad etc to confuse Muslims and non-Muslims.

IF does not allow discussions of different cults claiming to be related to Islam. This complex issue will require more than ordinary Muslim's knowledge to engage into various theological differences and interpretations of Islam. All Muslims should make Quran and Sunnah their only source of guidance. Therefore, we advise everyone to stay away from all sects and cults. Please read about them in our 'Avoid All Sects and Cults' forum, here:

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163[/url]

Our Muslim members should avoid falling in the trap of repeating lies about Islam or posting links to anti-Islamic websites. By doing so, we help make those sites more popular and spread their lies on a wider scale.