Islamic Forum
eeps24

How Can Muslims Invest?

:sl:

how can muslims invest these days? its like we are stuck working for the rest of our lives... we are so limited in what we can do... what stocks can we invest in? what options do we have? its really tough thinking about retirement when so many things are haram already.... im sure I know the answer to this but im asking on behalf of someone...

is investing in banks haram?

/edit..............................................

is there a list of halal stocks we can get into?

Edited by eeps24

PropellerAds

salam.

generally when we become to old to work, we rely on our kids to provide for us.

there is also a 501k halal banking system set up.

or you could just jihad and hope to be marterd.

salam

salam

1. Have tawakkul: Do you part and then put you trust in Allah

2. Have taqwa, because then Allah insha'Allah will give you rizq from sources you cannot imagine.

3. Give Charity

4. Make lots of Du'aa.

5. Destroy riba - Do not deal with interest.

6. Spend the wealth in righteousness and receive the wealth through halal means.

7. Be Content

8. Suppress greed, desires, paranoia, and anger.

i find it very hard....what we are muslims suppose to do? you need money to make money...

salam

1. Have tawakkul: Do you part and then put you trust in Allah

2. Have taqwa, because then Allah insha'Allah will give you rizq from sources you cannot imagine.

3. Give Charity

4. Make lots of Du'aa.

5. Destroy riba - Do not deal with interest.

6. Spend the wealth in righteousness and receive the wealth through halal means.

7. Be Content

8. Suppress greed, desires, paranoia, and anger.

salam i belive this is the best and only responce. i forgot the most imporant part astafullah. trust in Allah, he always provides. thank you or the reminder bro.

salam

:sl: Dear Muslims

What with the credit crunch, i thought Investing is the last place you'd want to be

now is the perfect time :sl: i know were all muslim alhamdulilah , and Allah knows best.... but its like with the way the world is and everything being haram, muslims on are the bottom, how can we advance ourselves? why do we have to work forever?

lets be honest ...in todays world ..its limiting to be muslim .... as in .... can only buy certian foods, many many foods have pork and you would not realize it ... i bet many of you didnt know some cakes have pork in them... even gum,soap! ..

my point is... i find it difficult to have a secure future.... yes i know we put our trust in Allah, but that doesnt mean to not plan anything and wait for something to come to you ... you have to seek it and work for it.

may Allah forgive me if i said anything wrong... but it is difficult in todays world.

:sl: Dear Muslims

What with the credit crunch, i thought Investing is the last place you'd want to be

now is the perfect time :sl: i know were all muslim alhamdulilah , and Allah knows best.... but its like with the way the world is and everything being haram, muslims on are the bottom, how can we advance ourselves? why do we have to work forever?

lets be honest ...in todays world ..its limiting to be muslim .... as in .... can only buy certian foods, many many foods have pork and you would not realize it ... i bet many of you didnt know some cakes have pork in them... even gum,soap! ..

my point is... i find it difficult to have a secure future.... yes i know we put our trust in Allah, but that doesnt mean to not plan anything and wait for something to come to you ... you have to seek it and work for it.

may Allah forgive me if i said anything wrong... but it is difficult in todays world.

I disagree, not necessarily "difficult" to be a Muslim in today's world, rather "different".

It is not difficult to have a secure future if you work hard for it. Nothing in Islam says do not work hard for your future. You simply must understand that the "worldly life" is not everything, and if and when you get it -- it is a test and it is a responsibility and blessing you have been given.

"Those to whom much is given, much is expected."

well ive read somewhere in the quran...land is a great to invest in...i remember reading it somewhere...

but yeah also ur family....family should stick together to help each other out in rought times...especially these days.....

but of course asking Allah for help and only he controls ur rizk...u do ur part and count on Allah...u shud be fine

Asalaamu Alykum

Investment through buying shares on the share market is not haram. However if the company that you invest in deals with riba then it is haram. So in essense, if you invest in muslims businesses that dont use riba then its ok.

I would like to ask a question, is it haram to work in investment/insurance companies?

Wasalaam

:sl:

Please see (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/8889"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetIslam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/en/ref/8889[/url]

I'm not sure if you intentionally meant to phrase the statement in such a way, but it sounded as if you were complaining about the prohibitions set down by Allah.

"It's limiting to be a Muslim" - You are comparing the Muslims to the non-Muslims, the believers to the disbelievers. The disbelievers can go out and do whatever they want; drink alcohol, eat pork, commit adultary and all the other evils ...do you think that because we are prohibited from doing these things that we are "limited"? I'm sure you don't think that, but that's what it sounded like.

Yes, we can say that it may be a bit difficult to be a Muslim living in a country which isn't governed by the Law of Allah; however we must strive to do the best we can and hope for Allahs forgiveness... but to say that we are "limited" because of this is wrong.

Edited by ÚÈ� Çááå